I thought I'd make this post just for fun, what would your ideal counsellor stats be? Obviously it has to obey the 35 point rule and you can only give a maximum of 10 and a minimum of 1 for each of the 7 stats. Of course the idea of character customisation being added is extremely unlikely but if it ever were how would you customise your counsellor? 

Mine would probably have a high repair, running stats and a decent stealth, that would be OP and best for solo escapes. It would look something like this:

Composure: 4

Luck: 1

Repair: 7

Speed: 6

Stamina: 9

Stealth: 7

Strength: 1

Personally, I think that Stealth is the most important stat since the overall goal is to survive and the easiest way of doing this is by not being found in the first place. Stamina is my second most important stat since if you do get found you should have a high enough stamina to actually get away and evade him. Then I think repair is next since without this stat you just have to rely on your teammates to escape and this isn't the safest option. I don't really value speed since every counsellor can still outrun Jason, stamina is more important as it determines how long you can run for, however I dislike playing as slow counsellors since if you are in a group and suddenly Jason starts chasing you all it's best to be the fastest one so you can get away and allow one of the slower teammates to die instead, so speed is my fourth favourite stat. Composure comes in at fifth since it also helps you to avoid Jason's sense and nothing is more annoying than playing as Chad where you literally step outside and your whole screen goes black... however I think the composure stat isn't as important as most of the others since it's main use is to break free from Jason's grip, yet even playing as Jenny with a 10 composure you can still get grab killed 9 times out of 10. So while composure holds some value I think it only matters if it is extremely low, a composure of 4 or 5 is probably better so you can use your points on more important stats while still having some fear resistance. Then I'd say strength is the next most important. While a strength of 10 means you can stun Jason with literally any weapon I think once again points can be better spent elsewhere, in my opinion you should flee Jason and not fight because it's much less risky, and even if your only option is to fight you can still play as Deborah or Jenny and stun Jason with a baseball bat, frying pan, wrench or pipe most times or every time with non-melee weapons, and it's not like baseball bats and frying pans are uncommon. Then luck comes in as my least favourite stat, like I said, I don't think it's smart to fight Jason and therefore it doesn't matter if your weapon is vulnerable to breaking, even if you do want to attack Jason it should only be done once or twice at a time and inbetween times you can just find another weapon in a cabin. 

Those are my thoughts, what are yours?

For me, i really don't think it matters. Thats why i play random.

A good Jason player will pick anyone off they want regardless of what counsellor you use. The best defense againt Jason is another counsellor.  And the best chance for escape is getting obectives done while Jason targets other counsellors.

Jasons biggest weakess is time. And not being able to be everywhere at once.

• Like 1

Composure: 6

Luck: 6

Repair: 3

Speed: 5

Stamina: 8

Stealth: 1

Strength: 6

I feel like this would be about perfect. You can do anything except stealth about with these stats.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Luck: 6

Repair: 3

Stamina: 8

Stealth: 1

Strength: 6

I feel like this would be about perfect. You can do anything except stealth about with these stats.

I think you have the right idea with balancing all the stats out as much as possible, it's down to personal preference but I'm not comfortable playing as counsellors with low stealths which is why I hate Vanessa

48 minutes ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

Too bad that no one from gun made themselves councillors . That would have been fun!!!

I'm surprised this didn't happen at some point. Maybe the devs will read this and tell us what their stats would be.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

Too bad that no one from gun made themselves councillors . That would have been fun!!!

Most people at gun media are probably desk jockeys like me with low everything and nobody would have wanted to play as them lol. My stats probably would only add up to about 20

2 minutes ago, Jenny thicker than Tiffany said:

Most people at gun media are probably desk jockeys like me with low everything and nobody would have wanted to play as them lol. My stats probably would only add up to about 20

Even desk jockeys could have a different side to them. You might be surprised how they envision themselves in a game like this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fair Play said:

I'm surprised this didn't happen at some point. Maybe the devs will read this and tell us what their stats would be.

A lot would probably have low stats, mine would be too, if I had to give myself stats it would be something like this:

Luck: 2

Repair: 4

Stamina: 5

Stealth: 6

Strength: 2

Nobody would wanna play as me if I were a counsellor and it's probably the same with most devs lol

2 minutes ago, Jenny thicker than Tiffany said:

A lot would probably have low stats, mine would be too, if I had to give myself stats it would be something like this:

Repair: 4

Stamina: 5 

Stealth: 6

Strength: 2

Nobody would wanna play as me if I were a counsellor and it's probably the same with most devs lol

The thing is, you have to have at least 35 points total.

7 minutes ago, Jenny thicker than Tiffany said:

I think you have the right idea with balancing all the stats out as much as possible, it's down to personal preference but I'm not comfortable playing as counsellors with low stealths which is why I hate Vanessa

I like high stealth but I feel like the stats I had give you a better shot at getting out of there.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

The thing is, you have to have at least 35 points total.

I know, but if I were realistically rating myself regardless of how much it added up to that's how I would score it, which is why nobody would want to play as me.

6 hours ago, Jenny thicker than Tiffany said:

Luck: 1

?

I get people have different play styles but no hypothetical build should ever have 1 Luck.  

There is already pretty much the perfect counselor in game and that’s Vanessa.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jenny thicker than Tiffany said:

I was speaking more of playing as Jason against them. 

Ideal counselor stats hummmm....

Yea, Vanessa would be it....   well for at least how I play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

She's just it lol. No weaknesses other than an occasional stumble.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

8 hours ago, woundcowboy said:

She's just it lol. No weaknesses other than an occasional stumble.

Good to see likeminded souls. I guess in my bewilderment of seeing a stat of 1 Luck, I entirely missed -

18 hours ago, Jenny thicker than Tiffany said:

Personally, I think that Stealth is the most important stat

Which means you must be either a new player or a troll. Everyone knows Stealth is the most worthless stat in the game, because of 1) Sense and 2) Jason patrolling objectives which is where you will always be hanging around. Also an additional 3) split pushing objectives as a team which 100% negates the need of any Stealth. I include Tommy power box and Shack as objectives as well.

If you are truly a new player, I direct you to this guide to help you advance. Not all of the techniques work anymore, but it will provide you with a general guideline of what to do - which is fight and assert your dominance against Jason. Your Luck stat (weapon durability) is directly representative of how long you are able to contest Jason in combat / the match, which makes it the most important stat in the game.

With the right technique, your avg Jason is simply a walking stamina regenerator in the game. Even with 0 obj completed, you can just win by timeout providing you are able fend him off in every interaction.

Vanessa is the closest thing, but I'd trade in her extra composure for 2 more points in strength for longer stuns and easier demasking.

Having a 1 in Composure really isn't the death sentence people make it out to be. Simply keep enough distance to where a stumble is affordable, or if you have good enough reaction times, you can CS light attack to cancel stumble in the first few frames.

Vanessa is close enough, though I prefer Chad due to Male melee swings covering more ground and generally being a lot more reliable for saves when someone gets grabbed. Female swings, while faster, lack range.

50 minutes ago, Nougat said:

Vanessa is the closest thing, but I'd trade in her extra composure for 2 more points in strength for longer stuns and easier demasking.

Only meaningful difference in Stun duration is if you are 10 Str / Buggzy / Tommy. Otherwise all other counselors are between 6-7s stun (even going as low as 5s but I am still working out why), whereas 10 Str produces approx 8.5s. It is consistent with the idea that stats of 10 and 1 have unique properties with a special +/- ratio than all other stats inbetween.

50 minutes ago, Nougat said:

Having a 1 in Composure really isn't the death sentence people make it out to be. Simply keep enough distance to where a stumble is affordable, or if you have good enough reaction times, you can CS light attack to cancel stumble in the first few frames.

Composure is a bit of an afterthought for high speed counselors, since they are able to create considerable distance in danger. A low speed counselor however, even with decent stamina, is surely in danger in prolonged combat without sufficient Comp. Stumbles are no joke in this case, as they can happen at the worst moment - due to RNG, you will never know when that moment is. This is a good reason why I consider No Fear Jenny to be one of the top tier counselors, since despite her low mobility, she is absolutely the most stable counselor and has high Luck / weapon durability to back it up.

Put her in front of Jason for the whole match and she won't even change her expression, as technically she doesn't even realize he is there. That's a pretty big advantage considering No Fear always nets you a perfect 10s stamina regen all throughout the match.

I think my character would be called the Runner-Up

Composure 4

Luck 6

Repair 3

Speed 8

Stamina 7

Stealth 6

Strength 1

With this build you get 4 baseball swings, no noise pings while walking, and you move faster than jason jogging. If someone already is pressuring Jason you get to do something else. And of course you can put the pressure on Jason himself.

Composer: 4

Repair: 9

Speed: 9

Stamina: 7

Stealth: 3

I'd put most of my stats into repair, speed and stamina. I want to get away from Jason, not fight him. 

Also, she'd have Tiffany's thong bikini paired with AJ's big booty. ?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Pazuzu said:

Composer: 4

Repair: 9

Speed: 9

Stamina: 7

Stealth: 3

I'd put most of my stats into repair, speed and stamina. I want to get away from Jason, not fight him. 

Also, she'd have Tiffany's thong bikini paired with AJ's big booty. ?

You'd see nothing but that counselor unless someone wants to fight Jason. And not just because of that booty.

• Haha 1