Thrasher

To the staff at Gun Media and Illfonic

I'm about to be forced into the salt mines again, because the game has glitched out and as the host, I am stuck in a  game. The only way out is by closing the application, which means as a host I will have to end the match whilst it's still going on. But technically, the match has ended, I am just stuck here in an empty, finished game with everyone dead and left already. I can't pause, I can't do anything except close the application. This has happened to me twice before, and I had no choice but to be sent to the salt mines. It's happened again, and I'm getting pretty annoyed now.

My question is simple. What are you guys doing about this? Because I've seen other players also complain about this problem in the forums for a while, and I'm more than certain people have flagged this up with some of you directly. 

Now I'm stuck in rooms filled with children, trolls, and people who only want to play this game to annoy other players. I'm enjoying this game less and less as the days go on, because of all the problems the bugs and glitches in this game cause. Please sort this out.

-A concerned customer

Just an update:

It's happened again, not even a whole day later. Now I am forced deeper into the salt mines. Is my only solution here to never be a host? Instead, just put up with all the connection time outs and hosts quitting after dying, just to save myself from being thrown deeper into the mines. This is weak.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

This. All of this. 

Salt Mines were a huge misfire. I'm sure it sounded great on paper though... 

• Like 1

Just quit the game..  

I quit games all the time.   When im glitched up, or end up in SMALL MAPS

• Like 1

It goes without saying that the salt mines are a nice idea, you know, if you actually had a game that had so many players to outweigh the bad ones. You might as well rename Quick Play as "Salt Mines" at this point.

I wonder if Salt Minds even work...

I went 4 days (about 12 games) without getting to be Jason.  On the 5th day, i quit 5 games straight till i got Jason

Never landed me in salt mines.

So, not sure how salt mines work.  But from how i see it.  You really need to work to get to the salt mines.

• Like 1

Just now, HuDawg said:

I wonder if Salt Minds even work...

I went 4 days (about 12 games) without getting to be Jason.  On the 5th day, i quit 5 games straight till i got Jason

Never landed me in salt mines.

So, not sure how salt mines work.  But from how i see it.  You really need to work to get to the salt mines.

Apparently leaving mid-game add points to some salt level meter, or something, enough points and you're sent there. But if you leave mid-game as a host, you get sent straight there. 

One morning I had two hosts quit on me and a connection error. Was placed in the salt mines. Played DbD instead. 

Salt mines are hurting more than helping. People voiced their concerns over this happening before they were released. 

10 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Played DbD instead. 

I'm so, so sorry that you had to resort to that.  Helldivers is my palette cleanser.

• Like 2

Salt mines were a great idea if the game didn’t have all the disconnect and crashing issues. If they could only get that fixed, here we are over a year later with the same issues. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I'm so, so sorry that you had to resort to that.  Helldivers is my palette cleanser.

I still feel like I smell like new Jersey after it... 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Thrasher said:

I'm about to be forced into the salt mines again, because the game has glitched out and as the host, I am stuck in a  game. The only way out is by closing the application, which means as a host I will have to end the match whilst it's still going on. But technically, the match has ended, I am just stuck here in an empty, finished game with everyone dead and left already. I can't pause, I can't do anything except close the application. This has happened to me twice before, and I had no choice but to be sent to the salt mines. It's happened again, and I'm getting pretty annoyed now.

My question is simple. What are you guys doing about this? Because I've seen other players also complain about this problem in the forums for a while, and I'm more than certain people have flagged this up with some of you directly. 

Now I'm stuck in rooms filled with children, trolls, and people who only want to play this game to annoy other players. I'm enjoying this game less and less as the days go on, because of all the problems the bugs and glitches in this game cause. Please sort this out.

-A concerned customer

Do you actually think they exist? I think it’s B.S(at least on PS4) people are quitting more than ever nowadays, they quit right when you grab them, before they are going to get grabbed, as Jason , as host etc..., I thinks it’s all b.s

51 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

Do you actually think they exist? I think it’s B.S(at least on PS4) people are quitting more than ever nowadays, they quit right when you grab them, before they are going to get grabbed, as Jason , as host etc..., I thinks it’s all b.s

Honestly, I think people just do it because they don't care about the salt mines.

Honestly if there are salt mines  this is maybe 20% good player base is mixed in with 80% toxic player base, It’s all salt mine now.

5 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

Oh they exist alright... Trust me... I've experienced the exact same issue as the OP here... Try joining a friend or community session, I bet you'll see this:

uchihmw9zi011.jpg

Salt Mines exist. I've seen them. If you're experiencing host quits and grab quits that frequently, you're probably in them too. 

Maybe it's one of these things which works for some and doesn't for others. I remember people claiming to have never seen interaction lock in a phase where I'd experience it every other game. Or one person who claimed not having seen every bug. One person gets put into the salt mines, others won't despite dcs. 

Salt mines, however good the idea could have been, has only put more emphasis on the connection and bluescreen issues. Same for the "host purgatory" op bought up. I (and a ton of others) asked about these issues, but the answer we got was "The occasional disconnect won't get you into the saltmines." With the connection issues I (and a ton of others) have experienced, the answer came across somewhat cynical. 

10 hours ago, Brevator said:

Oh they exist alright... Trust me... I've experienced the exact same issue as the OP here... Try joining a friend or community session, I bet you'll see this:

uchihmw9zi011.jpg

Salt Mines exist. I've seen them. If you're experiencing host quits and grab quits that frequently, you're probably in them too. 

Are you on PS4 or PC? That is not a PS4 screen, look like P.C which do have salt mines, I don’t think any counsel has salt mines, it’s made up just like the ticket system for being Jason (that is b.s as well) I’ve never seen that screen and don’t expect to I’ve never quit a game, I also play with 2 others so it’s 3 of us when I play, they never quit either, what we do now is make sure we get the lobby before we start, this helps from getting disconnected but people are still quitting left and right.

I'm on PS4, this was the only screengrab I could find, but I promise they are not made up. 

How About removing them without telling? People would not leave as often and you could still get to Play with normal People. How About giving them a warning even though it isn't true.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2018 at 2:09 AM, Thor_Bjarnason said:

Maybe it's one of these things which works for some and doesn't for others. I remember people claiming to have never seen interaction lock in a phase where I'd experience it every other game. Or one person who claimed not having seen every bug. One person gets put into the salt mines, others won't despite dcs. 

Salt mines, however good the idea could have been, has only put more emphasis on the connection and bluescreen issues. Same for the "host purgatory" op bought up. I (and a ton of others) asked about these issues, but the answer we got was "The occasional disconnect won't get you into the saltmines." With the connection issues I (and a ton of others) have experienced, the answer came across somewhat cynical. 

I have also wondered if everyone has bugs tied into their accounts. Like I have a perk bug that my wife's profile doesn't have. I don't see certain bugs in one room but do in a different hosts room. Its really sporadic sometimes 

It probably is just coincidence but sometimes feels that way.

• Haha 1