Sign in to follow this  
Splatterhouse

Single Player Challenges - Skipping Cut Scenes, Restart Menu and Time Limits

I love the cut scenes but why, oh why - has there still not been a simple hot fix to add this feature in? It's a staple part of a game that when you "fuck something up"  - you just want to get back into the action as quickly as possible. This must be incredibly simple to code.

Also maybe I'm becoming senile but I can't see anyway to restart the mission whilst in game? Which is also incredibly frustrating. I find myself having to relaunch the game (PS4) to restart the mission in its entirety? 

I also wish there was a free roam mode without a time limit option. It's awesome to lurk around the camp in the style of the movies - I've completed them all 100% but you always feel like the clock is ticking.

Will add that I really love this game mode, and I'm gutted that there will be no more challenges as DLC which I was very much looking forward to. :(

• Like 3

In the pause menu, there is a restart option, which restarts the whole mission, but to re-choose a Jason/weapon/kill loadout, you need to quit to the main menu.

And We likely won't see these corrections you stated. Remember, they gave out EMOTES for completing these, not Jason kills or anything related to Jason, so they obviously didnt' want you playing single player where you can't use those emotes.

After all, they re-balanced the game so that the core is to meme on Jason during his 6 minutes of being stun locked while dancing on him.

• Haha 1

Completely agree about just cutting to the chase -- Challenge 8(?) (The one where you have to play as part 8 to kill everyone) is dreadful to restart. AJ always screws it up when I try it. 

A free roam would be nice to just be able to soak in all of the wonderful artwork/detail that was put into the game. You tend to overlook everything in the heat of playing it otherwise.

And yeah, sad that SP challenges are capped at 10. I was hoping this would have been expanded far more than just what we got. It would have at least made the game more worthwhile.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Completely agree about just cutting to the chase -- Challenge 8(?) (The one where you have to play as part 8 to kill everyone) is dreadful to restart. AJ always screws it up when I try it. 

A free roam would be nice to just be able to soak in all of the wonderful artwork/detail that was put into the game. You tend to overlook everything in the heat of playing it otherwise.

And yeah, sad that SP challenges are capped at 10. I was hoping this would have been expanded far more than just what we got. It would have at least made the game more worthwhile.

I had only played one mission (which I enjoyed) but had to stop playing due to work commitments and studies. So it was the first time I've been able to sit down and have a dedicated playthrough.

Yeah, it's bemusing why they didn't make it possible to skip the intro after the first time you start a map on a playthrough. Even an onscreen prompt "x to skip" etc would suffice. 

Do agree about taking in the scenery and art work. It all gets lost in the chase. Again, I'm sure it would be pretty simply to add an unlimited time toggle. Just make unlimited time mode worth zero CP if they're concerned about the challenges being too easy to earn CP. People have been banging on about some kind of exploration mode since launch - this would be a great way to do it. Any chance @wes, @ShiftySamurai?

I think they probably would have added maybe another 5 challenges as DLC. Judging from the review thread here, they were very, very well received. It's the most fun I've had in a game for many, many years.They completely nailed the atmosphere, scenarios and set pieces from the films. I loved all the homages. I was also extremely impressed by the AI. It felt like a Hitman game in that it felt like a stand-alone AAA game made on a multi-million dollar budget. Fantastic work. It was a real challenge in places. I had to use YouTube tutorials to complete some parts. The infamous mission 7 was infinitely frustrating - but in a really good way. It took me all afternoon to finally get "undetected" ("just one more try, just more try...I couldn't put my controller down  lol) - the relief when I finally got that skull was REAL. :) I loved the way the characters interacted in that mission. Straight out of every classic slasher movie I've ever seen. Really was an incredible piece of work. Also loved the island one (5)? Though there wasn't a mission I didn't enjoy, I didn't want challenges to end - but I'll be revisiting often. :) Bitterly disappointed about this lawsuit. Doesn't matter if we get a F-13 game in 5 years time - I very much doubt it will ever be made with the same passion and care this one was. :( 

Anyway sorry for the "mini-review". I was a bit late to the party when others were posting in May. ;) Looking forward to receiving my soundtrack now.  

On 8/7/2018 at 7:16 PM, The Doctor said:

Yeah, Mission 7 is a pain in the butt and even when done perfectly, you are within 30 seconds of running out of time (vid included on how to do it flawlessly). Which is my main gripe: a time limit shouldn't apply unless the counselors are going to leave and even then, the time limit should just be related to the "no survivors" portion.

On 8/8/2018 at 1:26 AM, Splatterhouse said:

I love the cut scenes but why, oh why - has there still not been a simple hot fix to add this feature in? It's a staple part of a game that when you "fuck something up"  - you just want to get back into the action as quickly as possible. This must be incredibly simple to code.

Also maybe I'm becoming senile but I can't see anyway to restart the mission whilst in game? Which is also incredibly frustrating. I find myself having to relaunch the game (PS4) to restart the mission in its entirety? 

I also wish there was a free roam mode without a time limit option. It's awesome to lurk around the camp in the style of the movies - I've completed them all 100% but you always feel like the clock is ticking.

Will add that I really love this game mode, and I'm gutted that there will be no more challenges as DLC which I was very much looking forward to. :(

Yes, I am all for this. The cutscenes are nice but boy do that get irritating after having to watch them for the 15th time.

Free roam would be brilliant. This needs to be a thing. I'd love it so much. Include some random NPC spawns to keep it entertaining. If they escape or if they die, some more enter the map. Would be cool.

8 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

Yeah, Mission 7 is a pain in the butt and even when done perfectly, you are within 30 seconds of running out of time (vid included on how to do it flawlessly). Which is my main gripe: a time limit shouldn't apply unless the counselors are going to leave and even then, the time limit should just be related to the "no survivors" portion.

Interesting. Have you seen this method? It's one of the methods I've used. AJ comes back to the bathrooms a second time! :) I think it's a bug. It's strange as whenever I use the method you posted, AJ arrives just as a I duck into the cubicle. Sometimes she's already in there when I arrive. It's almost like the timing is randomised. I don't actually mind that - make it feel a little more dynamic. 

17 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

Interesting. Have you seen this method? It's one of the methods I've used. AJ comes back to the bathrooms a second time! :) I think it's a bug. It's strange as whenever I use the method you posted, AJ arrives just as a I duck into the cubicle. Sometimes she's already in there when I arrive. It's almost like the timing is randomised. I don't actually mind that - make it feel a little more dynamic. 

I've found that characters will move depending on where YOU are located at certain times.

IE: Deb won't leave that cabin until you get close to it ,at which point she goes to the archery range and AJ normally wont' leave that cabin with Chad unless you go into the restroom. Thankfully you can grab her and drag her over to the unique kill. Chad also won't blow your cover if you grab him before his window climb animation finishes.

We could see in the reveal Trailer that there was a skip Option , so this likely means that Errors came up when you skipped a cutscene or if you want to get full on rage on the devs again : ''They were too incompetent and dumb to program it properly''.

On 8/8/2018 at 6:15 AM, Splatterhouse said:

Wayyy too long to quote.

I agree on single player challenges being fun. Definitely felt like the genuine F13 game it was meant to be and even made me forget the fiasco that is online play. I only wish there was an option to replay the single player challenges as a counselor: You have the choice of either leaving on your own, saving the other counselors by helping them escape or trying to kill Jason like in each Parts' respective movies. As you try to save the other counselors, a mini game pops up, where you have to pick the right dialogue choices in order to convince the other counselors that Jason is real, and depending on who you choose: Dictates how easy or hard the mini-game is. Sadly, it'll never happen! 😂

• Like 1