4 hours ago, The Doctor said:

At least it gives me time to mute their microphone because who cares about some rando eating crackers. Also gives me a reason to avoid picking up walkie-talkies.

Hearing crunching in your ear is a bit annoying to say the least. Crackers and corn chips are the worst.

3 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Because I'm in the kitchen grabbing another beer.

Do what I do. Get a small cooler and keep a six pack on ice nearby.

13 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

I think its definitely a troll tactic. 

Funny you say that... I think the very same about "ready spamming"... 

I'm always buying perks is why. Plus, it's only like 2-3 minutes. Are you that impatient?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Thrasher said:

I'm always buying perks is why. Plus, it's only like 2-3 minutes. Are you that impatient?

Also though, you can't buy perks on your own time? Are you that selfish?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thrasher said:

Buy perks later?...   if the whole lobby is waiting for you, just do it later.

• Like 1

Just now, malloymk said:

Also though, you can't buy perks on your own time? Are you that selfish?

Just now, HuDawg said:

Honestly, I don't see the problem. Sorry guys. But the downtime between matches gives players the opportunity to swap counsellors, or Jasons, or customise them, or get better perks to improve their counsellors. I'm not trying to be selfish or piss people off, I'm just trying to make my playing better. Since the perk system is a gamble, it's going to take some time. But, for real, it's only 2 minutes. 

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

The real question is, do people need to ready-up before the lobby is full, or should they wait for it to fill up first?

4 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

The real question is, do people need to ready-up before the lobby is full, or should they wait for it to fill up first?

I usually wait untill there are 6 people. You can usually expect to pick up the last two in the second lobby if you don't get them in the first.

3 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I usually wait untill there are 6 people. You can usually expect to pick up the last two in the second lobby if you don't get them in the first.

The larger issue, at least on PS4, is hosts who leave the game on and just walk away.  I've seen it happen: they farm XP by simply leaving the system running and don't move for HOURS.  Doesn't have too much influence on an actual game (unless they're Jason), but those lobbies NEVER launch until the timer runs out.

28 minutes ago, Thrasher said:

Honestly, I don't see the problem. Sorry guys. But the downtime between matches gives players the opportunity to swap counsellors, or Jasons, or customise them, or get better perks to improve their counsellors. I'm not trying to be selfish or piss people off, I'm just trying to make my playing better. Since the perk system is a gamble, it's going to take some time. But, for real, it's only 2 minutes. 

My point is that there are two sides to this coin so to speak.

You think people are being impatient. But those people are ready to play. Why can't you be ready to play? Do you reallly need to wast people's times by buying mostly worthless perks? 

Obviously you feel some value to playing the perk lotto while people wait for you. You have every right to feel that way.

Also, people have every right to spam the ready up button. They paid their money and want to actually play the game. 

Side note- did they switch to a 2 minute timer? The last time I play in Quick Play Hell it was three minutes.

1 minute ago, malloymk said:

You think people are being impatient. But those people are ready to play. Why can't you be ready to play? Do you reallly need to wast people's times by buying mostly worthless perks? 

Obviously you feel some value to playing the perk lotto while people wait for you. You have every right to feel that way.

Also, people have every right to spam the ready up button. They paid their money and want to actually play the game. 

Side note- did they switch to a 2 minute timer? The last time I play in Quick Play Hell it was three minutes.

Its multiplayer, always different views. some will be ready, some just started up and need to pick there shit. A guy in my lobby the other night had the best approach. "If you are ready please ready up" Other dude "sure!" and we played

I'd be more patient in lobbies if two thirds of the games i played didn't end with the host leaving or a connection time out.

nothing worse than spending five minutes in a lobby to have the host quit 30 seconds in. 

• Like 2

Just now, malloymk said:

Fair. I still just think 2 minutes ain't a long time to wait. 2-3 minutes depends on the amount of people in the lobby, I think.

I don't think it's a troll tactic for all. There's been many times in multiplayer games when I've been waiting for a lobby to fill up, have been distracted by my phone etc - and have appreciated the notification that everyone is ready to go. 

I roll perks, choose which kills and Jason that i want to use for that game before i search for a lobby.

As soon as i join a lobby, i ready up almost immediately.

• Like 1

Our team has found the perfect solution for people spamming the ready up button. Make them Jason when the match starts and kill em. Problem solved.

Because it can often times take 2+ minutes to find a lobby, and another 10+ minutes for it to actually fill up on PS4, I often go do chores after pressing the button for QP.  

When I hear the music change I know it's time to start playing.

If I'm sitting at my PS4 I'll ready up when there are at least 6 people.

23 minutes ago, Dredge said:

Our team has found the perfect solution for people spamming the ready up button. Make them Jason when the match starts and kill em. Problem solved.

You can't choose the Jason player in QP... And killing Jason is never a for sure thing.

4 hours ago, HuDawg said:

You can't choose the Jason player in QP... And killing Jason is never a for sure thing.

*technically* OP never said QP lobby...though it was implied 😄 and it's never 100% but if you're playing with people who know what they're doing it can be 99.9%. 

21 minutes ago, Dredge said:

*technically* OP never said QP lobby...though it was implied 😄 and it's never 100% but if you're playing with people who know what they're doing it can be 99.9%. 

Depends on the Jason player, map being played.. and hoping the sweater stun actually works if you get to that point..     

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Depends on the Jason player, map being played.. and hoping the sweater stun actually works if you get to that point..     

Jason player, absolutely. Map being played? Eh...negotiable. Hoping the stun actually works, agreed. Hence the .1% where it doesn't happen if you have the right group. Any Jason who might be interested, check out my Best Jason post in the Fan Challenges section!

On 8/7/2018 at 11:03 AM, Soggy biscuit said:

If a moron doesn't ready up, i hit x repeatedly

I figured you were one of those toxic people, I bet you quit when you are about to get killed as well,  I ready up as soon as the lobby is full, of someone starts spamming the x button I unready, the people who spam the bottom are usually not adults and are the toxic players.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NytmereZ said:

I figured you were one of those toxic people, I bet you quit when you are about to get killed as well,  I ready up as soon as the lobby is full, of someone starts spamming the x button I unready, the people who spam the bottom are usually not adults and are the toxic players.

Lol you take yourself way too seriously. You must be a real barrel of laughs at social events.