Thrasher

I'm so sick of Packanack Small

I wish there was a way we could choose which maps we did and didn't want to play, and be sent to a match with people who've picked the same preferences. Something like that. Unless I'm hosting the game myself, a good 80% of the matches I play are at Packanack Small, and I'm sure it's the same situation for most people. It's just no fun, playing the same map over and over, with all objectives being completed within minutes of the game starting. Doesn't make the game exciting or suspenseful for me any more. Just give it five minutes, and you're already able to escape. I honestly wish the small maps would go.

No one else feel the same way?

• Like 2

that would be a great idea, but with how hard it is to get in full lobbies much of the time already, it wouldn't work.

Plus if you can't get in a lobby with friends, i can't imagine this going well either

3 minutes ago, Thrasher said:

I wish there was a way we could choose which maps we did and didn't want to play, and be sent to a match with people who've picked the same preferences. Something like that. Unless I'm hosting the game myself, a good 80% of the matches I play are at Packanack Small, and I'm sure it's the same situation for most people. It's just no fun, playing the same map over and over, with all objectives being completed within minutes of the game starting. Doesn't make the game exciting or suspenseful for me any more. Just give it five minutes, and you're already able to escape. I honestly wish the small maps would go.

No one else feel the same way?

I agree that having the option would be a good thing however much like a lot of things, it won't happen because it would be considered  NEW CONTENT

• Like 1

I loathe Packinack small. I was in a lobby yesterday, and the host would pick it every single time. After the 4th round. I asked him let’s do Higgins or Jarvis, and his response was “Packinack small is easy” and refused to try a different map.

The play style of the host was a Vanessa who would just window hop the entire match. So obviously a bad player who can only survive by using the easiest character on the easiest map.

I wish the decision wasn’t up to a host, and had a voting system in place

• Like 1

I usually will pop out of a lobby on pack small full of vanessas. But lately ive been getting baited. will have higgins or something on , then when 10sec countdown before match begins they switch back to pack small. bastards!

13 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

I loathe Packinack small. I was in a lobby yesterday, and the host would pick it every single time. After the 4th round. I asked him let’s do Higgins or Jarvis, and his response was “Packinack small is easy” and refused to try a different map.

The play style of the host was a Vanessa who would just window hop the entire match. So obviously a bad player who can only survive by using the easiest character on the easiest map.

That is why a lot of players complain openly on mic that they hate Jarvis and pinehurst because they are too big and harder to escape on. Sad that people can't take a challenge in trying to survive

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, 2moar said:

that would be a great idea, but with how hard it is to get in full lobbies much of the time already, it wouldn't work.

Plus if you can't get in a lobby with friends, i can't imagine this going well either

Yeah, I know what you mean. With the current status of the game it would be very implausible. But one can dream...

11 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

That is why a lot of players complain openly on mic that they hate Jarvis and pinehurst because they are too big and harder to escape on. Sad that people can't take a challenge in trying to survive

I'm no fan of the small maps, but i do think that Pinehurst is a terrible map.

The map is too big for the objectives to be so close together. At least 2 and sometimes all three objectives are planted in the middle of the map.

You're better off killing the clock. Which is really pretty easy on that map, but also very boring.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

See, that is a great idea. So many multiplayer games do that now, would be great if this game did too. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if most people would just be voting for Packanack Small anyway.

Just now, Thrasher said:

See, that is a great idea. So many multiplayer games do that now, would be great if this game did too. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if most people would just be voting for Packanack Small anyway.

The solution to that would be a voting system between only 2 random maps. For example vote between Packinack small and Jarvis. Then the wining map wouldn’t be an option again till the other maps got picked at least once.

24 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I usually will pop out of a lobby on pack small full of vanessas. But lately ive been getting baited. will have higgins or something on , then when 10sec countdown before match begins they switch back to pack small. bastards!

I never got why hosts still had the ability to switch maps even after the red countdown had started. 

1 minute ago, Thrasher said:

I never got why hosts still had the ability to switch maps even after the red countdown had started. 

Yeah, im fine playing what ever but gets annoying. When I'm host i put on random, but usually get bitched at by someone. "Pick a map" "packanack small" "asshole"

45 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

The solution to that would be a voting system between only 2 random maps. For example vote between Packinack small and Jarvis. Then the wining map wouldn’t be an option again till the other maps got picked at least once.

Oh yeah, just how CoD and such do it. That should definitely be implemented into the game, but they'll probably count it as new content.

40 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Yeah, im fine playing what ever but gets annoying. When I'm host i put on random, but usually get bitched at by someone. "Pick a map" "packanack small" "asshole"

I tend to purposefully scroll through every map except the small ones. Not a fan of them. But sometimes, maybe, I'll pick the small Crystal Lake and Higgins Haven maps too. They're not so bad.

Currently I've had the opposite problem, it's been pretty much only Jarvis and Pinehurst in the QP lobbies I end up in. Not much fun if you enjoy the repair aspect of the game. Pretty much forced to group up and spend the 20 minutes beating on Jason and running from cabin to cabin. 

2 minutes ago, Pazuzu said:

Currently I've had the opposite problem, it's been pretty much only Jarvis and Pinehurst in the QP lobbies I end up in. Not much fun if you enjoy the repair aspect of the game. Pretty much forced to group up and spend the 20 minutes beating on Jason and running from cabin to cabin. 

I'd much rather have that, instead of being on Packanack Small all the time. I enjoy those two maps, and I always go for the objectives. Sure, it's harder, and you gotta be more careful, but that just makes it more fun for me.

I always do well on the big maps as slow low stamina characters, but I know when to hide, and how to manage my fear and stamina. 

57 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Lachappa excels at Jarvis House.  

My internet sucks otherwise I could host. If I hosted a lobby I'd just cycle through them one at a time. I don't like Jarvis or Pinehurst personally but I know some do. Letting each map have a round would be fair to me. 

I hate small Maps too but the Chance that the spectator glitch will happen is much less likely on them , so I Play them…..Urgh.

But it's HORRIBLE when they only pick Packanack small. Like seriously , never heard of Variety? And of Course , those damn tryhard Vanessas....

Do you know this meme :

QctXDVs.png

Here is our equivalent :

t9nxXOw.jpg

• Like 1

Packanack Small has been stale for a whule for me now. I prefer it to Crystal Lake Small though. At least with Packanack Small, it is mostly people trying to loop you, which is easy to counter. On Crystal Lake Small, it is usually all 3 objectives being rushed at the same time before you even get Shift since the objective items practically spawn right on the objectives on that map.

I have probably played 2 matches ever on that map where the objective parts were somewhat far from the objectives. Very easy to get escaped on that map. I have a video showcasing just how easy, me and three others escaped in the four seater less than two minuted into the match and the Jason ended up leaving because of it. 

A lot of people were bragging after the match, but really, escaping on that map takes skill equal to knowing how to count to ten. So while I dislike Packanack Small, I'd have to say Crystal Lake Small is even worse.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nougat said:

I have a video showcasing just how easy, me and three others escaped in the four seater less than two minuted into the match and the Jason ended up leaving because of it. 

I would enjoy seeing this video, please.

2 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I hate small Maps too but the Chance that the spectator glitch will happen is much less likely on them , so I Play them…..Urgh.

But it's HORRIBLE when they only pick Packanack small. Like seriously , never heard of Variety? And of Course , those damn tryhard Vanessas....

Do you know this meme :

QctXDVs.png

Here is our equivalent :

t9nxXOw.jpg

To be fair the meta perks are meta perks because they actually do something useful. If Potent Ranger or Tinker actually helped you they'd be played. 

5 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

To be fair the meta perks are meta perks because they actually do something useful. If Potent Ranger or Tinker actually helped you they'd be played. 

Hey, I use Tinkerer on Mitch which isn't so bad.

16 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

You mean extremely useful to the Point of gamechanging (they should have never been that useful , only neat). My dad is a cop is useful but situational.