Official_Adam_W

Next Update and Dedicated Servers.

Last patch we got was the July 3rd patch, it is now Aug 6th and the last thing we had heard about anything to do with the next patch was via the F13game twitter account back on the 23rd. Last post about Update

Outside of that Shifty did state here on the forums a couple of big ticket items they were focusing on. Outside of that we have had no other information as to what other issues could be worked on for the patch or even if there will be a patch this month. I know they cannot give us dates but i think that at least some form of updates with any info no matter how small would be appreciated so we know what is happening.

Lastly and most heated subject is dedicated servers. We have heard nothing about them since we were told that they needed to upgrade the engine in order to implement them. Much like the next patch it would be nice to hear something other than the once in a blue moon statement "We are working on them" I think that with the storied history of the whole process of the decision to go the route of dedicated servers and when we were originally looking to get them without any mention at all of requiring an engine upgrade to now months later after said upgrade and no new info or info at all regarding what is going on with them.

I would like to think that considering the current state of the game and having the Ultimate Slasher Editions coming out next month that it would make sense be communicating as much as possible on these subjects to give the remaining playerbase something as well as info for any potential new people looking to pick up the game.

• Like 1

I think this goes back to transparent communication about what progress is actually being made. Even just the Thursday news update would be nice. Dev diaries were such a cool feature and showed us so much about what was going on. Its cool to have a community so hungry for information.

People have asked for transparency for a while now. Something that simple, along with community engagement could have saved a decent amount of fans. Instead it has felt like no one was listened to and the community felt they were called "toxic" then discarded as they dont matter. 

Recent events like deadlines and no new content have made even some die hard fans abandon this game. Its sad because most of the vocal people are very reasonable if proper communication was in place. I appreci ate Dan for only giving facts and definites, but its also nice to keep people interested instead of months of silence. Not like this is the first time its happened. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I think this goes back to transparent communication about what progress is actually being made. Even just the Thursday news update would be nice. Dev diaries were such a cool feature and showed us so much about what was going on. Its cool to have a community so hungry for information.

People have asked for transparency for a while now. Something that simple, along with community engagement could have saved a decent amount of fans. Instead it has felt like no one was listened to and the community felt they were called "toxic" and discarded as they dont matter. 

Recent events like deadlines and no new content have made even some die hard fans abandon this game. Its sad because most of the vocal people are very reasonable if proper communication was in place. I appreci ate Dan for only giving facts and definites, but its also nice to keep people interested instead of months of silence. Not like this is the first time its happened. 

Exactly, i have never said they have had to give his in-depth and heavily detailed information, but i don't see how we can't be given even minor information just to keep us up to date on things. Months of silence is something we have become accustomed to but it shouldn't be something we get used to. It is something that we shouldn't come to expect. As of now, a huge chunk of people that used to populate these forums have all gone for various reasons and at no point has this affected how the devs have come to communicate to what is left of the community. I am one who does love the game, bugs and all and i really wish things turned out different on all fronts, however i do think that since we the community funded this game we should have deserved better treatment in terms of how we discussed and offered constructive criticism and ideas to make the whole experience better as well as how we have been communicated to since the launch of the game. However it seems that everything is just going to continue on the path it is on and playerbase is just going to continue to drop. I would love to think things are going to change and maybe even get better as much as it possibly can but history tells us that isn't the case and with how the future of the game is going it also suggests the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't want a new patch because they will break the game more and more, I'm afraid of their updates. I just want sprays back and interaction lock fix

i not know alot. i new here. thank to official adam for be nice and make good post. i feel game maker need speak to people  and this bring them ease on mind. everyone human and all understand feeling of ignorance. open talk eliminate ignorance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Lastly and most heated subject is dedicated servers.

The preferred nomenclature  is "customer experience coordinator".