nazzac

Your most badass moments as Jason

I don't ever video my matches, so no clips, but this one was pretty damn awesome.

Playing a match on Packanack tonight, I arrived at the Lodge right at the start to find a Vanessa and a Tiffany looting together. Before entering, I had set two traps side by side at the back entrance. Vanessa stuns me, and they run out together -- right into the traps, at exactly the same time. I recover, run out the door, and slash them both at the same time. They're still alive and limping away side by side, so I give them one more slash and catch them at the same time again to get a rare double kill.

I don't think we could have coordinated that any better if we'd tried. I think it's only the second time I've pulled that off, and the other was when I was fighting a group of counselors and blindly slashing for my life.
Only thing better would have been if they'd been the same character for a true twin killing.

A couple of guys started to trolling me. I defended myself good and attacked well but they were full on knives and sprays and managed to took my mask off.
Anywaysm I managed to kill some other counselors and one of them. Later on I noticed that the guy I killed was back as Tommy. I was sure that at that point they would have gone for the kill. 
They were of course shouting insults with microphone which I find stupid. I mean I can respect trolling with game assets (stunning and dancing) but insulting just make it personal and it's just for frustrated losers in real life. 
Anyways I decided to morph to my shack, enter in it, stalk and wait patiently. When the Vanessa guy entered I grabbed him and insta-killed him. It has been an orgasmic moment, he didn't expect that, and was scared as fuck when I grabbed him. They never opened their mic again. I did of course...
It's in these moments that I genuinly love this game. 

23 hours ago, BillyBallo said:

A couple of guys started to trolling me. I defended myself good and attacked well but they were full on knives and sprays and managed to took my mask off.
Anywaysm I managed to kill some other counselors and one of them. Later on I noticed that the guy I killed was back as Tommy. I was sure that at that point they would have gone for the kill. 
They were of course shouting insults with microphone which I find stupid. I mean I can respect trolling with game assets (stunning and dancing) but insulting just make it personal and it's just for frustrated losers in real life. 
Anyways I decided to morph to my shack, enter in it, stalk and wait patiently. When the Vanessa guy entered I grabbed him and insta-killed him. It has been an orgasmic moment, he didn't expect that, and was scared as fuck when I grabbed him. They never opened their mic again. I did of course...
It's in these moments that I genuinly love this game. 

Sounds like a couple of weiners (I mean, “winners”) that I met over the weekend. They were good, but they weren’t THAT good. They wound up escaping but only after being grabbed multiple times, using knives, and being smart about protecting one another by stunning me when I grabbed. But they were trolls, and tried to make personal attacks, mocked me being level 150 and sucking because I didn’t do the usual trapping of objectives, and smashing down random doors instead. They laughed at me when I told them that I modified my gameplay for all of the new players, and that I wasn’t even particularly trying. It never even dawned on them that a person would choose to a) be nice to noobs and b) handicap himself to make a game more interesting and challenging. They preferred to think that somehow I made it to 150 without ever hearing about trapping objectives. Whatever. Also, they apparently weren’t seasoned enough to realize that I wasn’t just “smashing doors randomly”. I was taking out the power boxes and then smashing things until my morph regenerated. Strangely they never noticed that nobody came back as Tommy. Gee, I wonder why???

Anyways, the next round one of them became Jason and made it their mission in life to get me to prove that he was a better Jason. And of course he got me because he was on the Jarvis map which is an automatic Jason advantage map and he had a helper. Didn’t try hard on that one either, I just wanted to get it over with so I could join a friend in another lobby. I let them have their “fun”. They tried their best to get under my skin but the borderline psychopathic try-too-hards were just too pathetic to get worked up over. I’d rather be called a shitty player than be a shitty person.  I doubt they were even old enough to vote, and if they are then they are even more pathetic than I thought. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In my case they have usually been basic gameplay "random moments" against the very best (note: I don't consider killing newbies as being "badass", even though they seem cool because its pretty easy to make "great kills" against them. You very rarely succeed against really talented players).

Ok.. Everytine when you trick them with stalk. Example: I chased one into a cabin, stalk, wait.. wait.. and just when your stalk runs out, he comes out the window -> grabkill -> cussing "aargh, how f***ing long is that stalk!". Or waiting inside a cabin/shack while in stalk. Or killing a group with the help of some  well placed block/grab/slash/knife- kombo's. Also shifting through the door when someone is just entering or shifting through a shotgun for a grabkill. And yeah, sonetimes just avoiding getting killed... All depends on who your playing against. Hell, sometimes even getting a kill against soneone feels like a badass moment...

And my personal favourite: kill an annoying Chad while he is livestreaming in the 1st minute , and kill him again when he comes back as Jarvis.. I didn't even care that one escaped.  I think afew of you know who/what I'm talking about :)

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, lasse_hei said:

In my case they have usually been basic gameplay "random moments" against the very best (note: I don't consider killing newbies as being "badass", even though they seem cool because its pretty easy to make "great kills" against them. You very rarely succeed against really talented players).

Ok.. Everytine when you trick them with stalk. Example: I chased one into a cabin, stalk, wait.. wait.. and just when your stalk runs out, he comes out the window -> grabkill -> cussing "aargh, how f***ing long is that stalk!". Or waiting inside a cabin/shack while in stalk. Or killing a group with the help of some  well placed block/grab/slash/knife- kombo's. Also shifting through the door when someone is just entering or shifting through a shotgun for a grabkill. And yeah, sonetimes just avoiding getting killed... All depends on who your playing against. Hell, sometimes even getting a kill against soneone feels like a badass moment...

And my personal favourite: kill an annoying Chad while he is livestreaming in the 1st minute , and kill him again when he comes back as Jarvis.. I didn't even care that one escaped.  I think afew of you know who/what I'm talking about :)

Stalk is sooooo underrated/utilized in this game. Its by far the best ability..

9 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Sounds like a couple of weiners (I mean, “winners”) that I met over the weekend. They were good, but they weren’t THAT good. They wound up escaping but only after being grabbed multiple times, using knives, and being smart about protecting one another by stunning me when I grabbed. But they were trolls, and tried to make personal attacks, mocked me being level 150 and sucking because I didn’t do the usual trapping of objectives, and smashing down random doors instead. They laughed at me when I told them that I modified my gameplay for all of the new players, and that I wasn’t even particularly trying. It never even dawned on them that a person would choose to a) be nice to noobs and b) handicap himself to make a game more interesting and challenging. They preferred to think that somehow I made it to 150 without ever hearing about trapping objectives. Whatever. Also, they apparently weren’t seasoned enough to realize that I wasn’t just “smashing doors randomly”. I was taking out the power boxes and then smashing things until my morph regenerated. Strangely they never noticed that nobody came back as Tommy. Gee, I wonder why???

Anyways, the next round one of them became Jason and made it their mission in life to get me to prove that he was a better Jason. And of course he got me because he was on the Jarvis map which is an automatic Jason advantage map and he had a helper. Didn’t try hard on that one either, I just wanted to get it over with so I could join a friend in another lobby. I let them have their “fun”. They tried their best to get under my skin but the borderline psychopathic try-too-hards were just too pathetic to get worked up over. I’d rather be called a shitty player than be a shitty person.  I doubt they were even old enough to vote, and if they are then they are even more pathetic than I thought. 

I would not even bother explain them anything. A pity you were counselor on Jarvis map, that's not a good map to prove your counselor's skill (not that you have to prove anything to anybody).

8 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Stalk is sooooo underrated/utilized in this game. Its by far the best ability..

Yea, agree on that. Stalk is a great ability, very much useful against aggressive counselors.

5 hours ago, BillyBallo said:

I would not even bother explain them anything. A pity you were counselor on Jarvis map, that's not a good map to prove your counselor's skill (not that you have to prove anything to anybody).

Yea, agree on that. Stalk is a great ability, very much useful against aggressive counselors.

Yeah, that’s a weakness of mine. If somebody talks smack to me I will usually talk smack right back. On another note, I forgot to mention that another reason that they got off as many stuns as they did is I took quick grab kills out of play as a further handicap. If I had choke enabled as I usually do I probably would have gotten a few extra kills earlier which could have changed the end results entirely. 

And I totally agree on stalk. Underrated, underused, and generally misunderstood. 

Last two times I played as Part 7 managed to wipe out the while lobby. They weren't that experienced, but still felt great. Second time it was on Higgens Haven, and they managed to stat a car, but I got them all before they could drive it. First time is a bit more interesting:

On Packanack. Morphed to trap the phone house, only to find someone there. Trying to break the door it glitched where I wasn't doing any damage, and of course he got away. More bad luck the next few minutes and someone put the gas in the boat. A little later I hear the propeller and instantly know the boat is about to get started, so I went in stalk and morphed into the water. Met two Vanessas. The second almost got away, grabbed her right after she reached the shore (must have run out of stamina swimming).

After that the rest tried grouping up, but I wasn't going to be baited. Went slashing after anyone who got separated and collected knives when I could. By the time the match reached the last two minutes only one player was left, hiding in the lodge. Found him upstairs. He climbed out the window and healed himself. Tried a shift grab but missed. Luckily he tried to stun me instead of run away, but I got the grab. The kill was so close to the end of the match that the voice of Pamela congratulating Jason for the kill overlapped with her telling him to come home.

Also some random awesome moments:

My most memorable kill lately was on Pinehurst.  

That cabin with a front and back door right by the main building.

I was in stalk just walking towards it and hit my sense to see if anyone was in it.  There wasn't but I could see a character that looked like they were running to it.  So I just walked calmly into the cabin, the door on the main building side was already smashed the door on the other side was intact still.  I walked into the cabin and to the intact door and just stopped.  About 5 seconds later, Fox opened the door to me just standing there.  She screamed on the mic as I grabbed her.  

It's moments like that that make you remember how terrifying and badass Jason can be. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I got this one earlier tonight:

I sometimes like to place a trap there “just in case”. Not often, but when I’m in that spot for some random reason and have one to spare. People are always hopping out that window, and it’s always a laugh when they fall into it when they are trying to loop me later in the game. 

I played as Part 4 at Packanack small the other night. I noticed the counselors were aggressive right away which got my 'Jason Kill' alarm bells ringing. I had denied an early Tommy call but they managed to get the power back on and make the call whilst i was distracted so when i saw Tommy and my mask came off it was a bit of a surprise. I knew right away that they would head for the shack so i morphed there and hid inside with stalk until they came. I grabbed the AJ player and killed her right there and Tommy fled. Eventually he caught up with a Fox player and i knew that they would try again for the sweater so i morphed away but this time  i hid behind the shack as i thought Tommy would suspect me hiding inside. They both came out of the shack and i shift grabbed the Fox player and killed her.

2 other players got away in the car and Tommy ran out the clock on me, but denying two Jason kills was a great moment.

One time when I was playing Challenge #10 I accidentally managed to get one of the objectives. Ran into the house and scared everyone away. Then the "almost home" objective (kill the twin while she's walking home) popped up. Turns out she was run over by the car. Managed to replicate it with a somewhat reliable method: 

On 10/10/2018 at 6:53 AM, CountYorgaVampir said:

It never even dawned on them that a person would choose to a) be nice to noobs and b) handicap himself to make a game more interesting and challenging.

They tried their best to get under my skin but the borderline psychopathic try-too-hards were just too pathetic to get worked up over. I’d rather be called a shitty player than be a shitty person. 

That hits so close to home it's not even funny. Some people just feel obligated to tell you how they think you should be playing.😩 The biggest example I can think of is in one of my first matches as Jason (the game had been out for less than two weeks at the time). The last guy left was pretty much in hiding, so I kept morphing around until a cabin lit up. When I approached the cabin I heard music, which I took to be from a radio inside. First thing I did was check the hiding spots outside the cabin to make sure I wasn't being duped (I was under the impression the radio was what was making the cabin show up red, also doesn't go without saying that's what the How to Play section said would happen). Then I went inside to destroy the radio, only to find out it was actually music blaring through the last player's mic (once again, I hadn't been playing for long, so don't get onto me for missing the mic symbol on the side of the screen).

To make the story short, I destroyed the numerous beds in the cabin until the last survivor was cornered. I thought it was funny enough to save as a video. But then I started getting comments on how I was a trash player, until I thought it best to disable comments.☹️ Here's the video by the way, if you guys want a laugh.:

One of my games last night I stopped the boat early and killed the only person in it.  I knew I'd have to keep an eye on the boat the rest of the match because someone would have to go out there to try and use it.  Sure enough, someone did.  Problem was I was at the Packanack Lodge, thankfully the boat exit was the water by the lodge and not the other side, and I didn't have a morph.  Playing as Part 8 I knew I'd be able to cover the water and make it close but wasn't sure if I'd get there just as the boat was leaving. 

So I shifted from by the fire pit in front of the lodge as far as I could into the water and use Part 8's water speed to close the rest of the distance to the exit.  I had to take the absolute best possible angle to cut them off.  I was able to get to the boat and tip it literally 2 seconds before it would have escaped.  I must have caught the Vanessa in the boat by complete surprise, that close to victory and it was snatched away.  

Looked at the mini-map after the kill and part of the boat icon overlapped the icon for the exit a little bit. 

• Like 1

Not my best round as Jason by any means, had several failed shift grabs (some because of lack of judgement, others because the controls were lagging), got beat on by the counselors, but made quite a few people mad when they found out that you can still be killed while camping out on the front porch at the Jarvis house, lol

I didn’t record it, but last night I made a Jason killer whine because I successfully defended the power box to Tommy’s radio.  He said I was lucky that they didn’t kill me because I wasn’t a very good Jason. I told him that it wasn’t luck because I made it a point to get to that box asap. (Yeah it was lucky in the sense that nobody spawned at that cabin, but all rounds come down to luck in some fashion. You play with the hand you’re dealt.) Once I had the box trapped I knew it was just a matter of the waiting game, particularly when it became clear what their end game was. I didn’t even attempt to protect my mask, although I was surprised that it seemed to take more than ten machete hits and several shots to get it off. I’ve had it come off with a single gunshot recently.  He was a great player (I took a LOT of stuns until I eventually tricked him with a stalk that caused him to boomerang back into a cabin through an open window) but I had the upper hand because he didn’t make an alternate plan of escape. One person DID escape by boat and I let that AJ leave so that I could defend the box. Good for that player! I thought for a second that I might be able to drown them and be back in time to destroy the box but didn’t want to take the chance. The three trying to get at the box were 2 Vanessas and a Tiffany so none was quick enough at repair to keep me from redestroying the box no matter how many stuns they got in. They gave up once I ate enough of their health sprays to pull off a slashing death of a Vanessa, but then he whined about how I wouldn’t take his obvious bait of screwing up the phone box repeatedly. Yeah, because I’m that stupid. Yeah. GO ahead and call the cops about 15 minutes in. Big fucking deal.  :lol:

(Honestly I have no idea how long it was before the end of the round. It could’ve been longer than five minutes, but I killed the last person left on the map before the two minute warning, and before the cops arrived.)

My favorite memory as Jason was when I found 4 counselors (several who were dancing and mocking me) in the same small 1 room cabin together. I trapped every window and the doorway, took the door down, went inside and killed all 4 one way or another. Juking and catching and knocking heads off left and right. One booked it towards the door and got snagged. The last guy bailed on the melee attacks and got stuck hopping out of a window. It was quite glorious. Nobody made it even 1 foot away from there.