Seems like with every upgrade the game just got worse.  Now the grab is a complete mess.  If certain things aren't broke, don't fix them.    The game had enough problems other than game mechanics which mostly were fine.  Now the game mechanics are wrong along with just about everything else. 

• Like 2

On 8/19/2018 at 4:47 PM, Dragonfire82877 said:

This is incredible. I’ve never seen a dead game played by this many people. If it’s dead now, what is it going to be called when everyone stops playing?

A chase scene with a cliffhanger.

On 8/19/2018 at 9:20 PM, Sinisterslither said:

I just play for 3 hours on PS4 and I easily found full games. I play like 7/8 games, 2 games with host quit when they die and 1 game with a Jason teamer. 

Otherwise, the games was cool, everybody play legit, repair things etc... And no game breaking bugs.

The only thing I still hate is the accuracy of the grab as Jason. I hope they will fix that.

I play on PS4, and although there's occasionally annoying (but not game-killing) bugs like glitchy kill animations, the OVERWHELMING majority of "problems" are caused by counselor players either resorting to annoying "gimmicks" (doing pinata stunning on Jason, joy riding the car and refusing to escape, teaming with Jason, comitting to Ring Around The Rosie in small cabins, etc.), or just outright trolling the entire time - both Jason and the other counselors.  I had a counselor the other night just follow me around the whole game just to troll for no reason - I'd go in a cabin and barricade the door, they'd open it back up.  they'd stand in the doorway to the next room, and make me either try to nudge them out of the way, or go around a different way.  I'd come across a cabin with an openable window, and they'd run up ahead of me and stand in front of it so I'd have to go around them a different way, etc.  And the weird thing is, when Jason found us, he killed the troll immediately, so it wasn't even a case of them teaming with Jason to help kill the counselors, he was JUST trolling for the sake of trolling.  There's been cases recently where I've actually quit games as a living counselor, just because the room was filled with toxic players.

THAT is the biggest problem with the game IMO (at least on PS4, can't speak on PC or other consoles) , is the toxic players who are just hellbent on trolling/taunting/exploiting instead of just having a good time trying to win the game.  The devs could have had the game running 100% perfect from day one, and these idiots would still be a major problem.  

• Like 2

@AJLeatherman 

I agree, we can also add the counselors who stay the whole game in the closet. 

But, most of time as Jason, I'm lucky (or not) to play with good players, who really try to escape, teamming for calling the cops, etc...

In priority, the dev need to make Jason more scary and powerful on direct confrontation.

6 hours ago, AJLeatherman said:

I play on PS4, and although there's occasionally annoying (but not game-killing) bugs like glitchy kill animations, the OVERWHELMING majority of "problems" are caused by counselor players either resorting to annoying "gimmicks" (doing pinata stunning on Jason, joy riding the car and refusing to escape, teaming with Jason, comitting to Ring Around The Rosie in small cabins, etc.), or just outright trolling the entire time - both Jason and the other counselors.  I had a counselor the other night just follow me around the whole game just to troll for no reason - I'd go in a cabin and barricade the door, they'd open it back up.  they'd stand in the doorway to the next room, and make me either try to nudge them out of the way, or go around a different way.  I'd come across a cabin with an openable window, and they'd run up ahead of me and stand in front of it so I'd have to go around them a different way, etc.  And the weird thing is, when Jason found us, he killed the troll immediately, so it wasn't even a case of them teaming with Jason to help kill the counselors, he was JUST trolling for the sake of trolling.  There's been cases recently where I've actually quit games as a living counselor, just because the room was filled with toxic players.

THAT is the biggest problem with the game IMO (at least on PS4, can't speak on PC or other consoles) , is the toxic players who are just hellbent on trolling/taunting/exploiting instead of just having a good time trying to win the game.  The devs could have had the game running 100% perfect from day one, and these idiots would still be a major problem.  

Unfortunately, putting a stop to the toxic portion of the player base is virtually impossible. For every measure you implement to dissuade them, the trolls will find a way to counter that. Find some like-minded friends and play Private matches. That's the best advice I can give.

3 hours ago, Sinisterslither said:

@AJLeatherman 

I agree, we can also add the counselors who stay the whole game in the closet. 

But, most of time as Jason, I'm lucky (or not) to play with good players, who really try to escape, teamming for calling the cops, etc...

In priority, the dev need to make Jason more scary and powerful on direct confrontation.

Could it be that they are new to the game? Quite a few players at launch hid in the closet or under a bed or in an outhouse for the full 20 minutes. With a mix of new and veteran players, you can't get away with that now.

• Like 1

I'm guessing that at launch, people were more concerned with just finishing or "winning", regardless of how cheap it was.  And also, the Jasons at launch didn't have the experience yet to know how to find them.  Now, most Jasons will find the hiders before time runs out, and most player would be bored to death hiding that long anyway, so it's a problem that (at least in my own personal experiences) seems to eventually solve itself.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Could it be that they are new to the game? Quite a few players at launch hid in the closet or under a bed or in an outhouse for the full 20 minutes. With a mix of new and veteran players, you can't get away with that now.

Yeah for sure you're right. But I'm sure a lot of us here didn't hide the whole game in closet when we were new at this game.

Another example of trash players,  those who  commit suicide at the beginning of the game to come back as Jarvis. 

EDIT : just show this thread about our discussion : http://forum.f13game.com/topic/21139-irritating-shit-done-by-fellow-counselors/

27 minutes ago, Sinisterslither said:

Yeah for sure you're right. But I'm sure a lot of us here didn't hide the whole game in closet when we were new at this game.

Another example of trash players,  those who  commit suicide at the beginning of the game to come back as Jarvis. 

EDIT : just show this thread about our discussion : http://forum.f13game.com/topic/21139-irritating-shit-done-by-fellow-counselors/

Killing oneself to become Tommy,. that could go either way. I've seen just as many players do this for strategic reasons as I have people doing this to troll. I don't call players "trash" when they use strategies I don't understand. I might say unusual, as I don't know every tactic people use in this game. If a player uses tactics I don't agree with, I'll change lobbies after a match. I don't get mad or lose my cool, I just move on.

• Like 1

Honestly...

I'm like done with the game...I still haven't bothered playing online with the new update. Its just...I fire up the game and the feeling of wasted potential comes over me that makes me want to close it out immediately and play something else. Its the same old shit bag of glitches, overpowered Vanessas, stunathon Jason nonsense, etc.

Knowing content is dead and updates soon to be next to nothing and half functioning at that. Its just..a chore. I just want to uninstall to save disk space...I can't figure out why I haven't yet.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tyrant666 said:

Honestly...

I'm like done with the game...I still haven't bothered playing online with the new update. Its just...I fire up the game and the feeling of wasted potential comes over me that makes me want to close it out immediately and play something else. Its the same old shit bag of glitches, overpowered Vanessas, stunathon Jason nonsense, etc.

Knowing content is dead and updates soon to be next to nothing and half functioning at that. Its just..a chore. I just want to uninstall to save disk space...I can't figure out why I haven't yet.

You, me and a lot of others here wish things had turned out differently for this game. There were a lot of things that could have made this a much more stellar experience.

If you don't mind my asking, what other games have you been playing lately to take your mind off of this one?

On 8/19/2018 at 3:09 PM, Armani? said:

I haven't played in a little while.

Jason is taking major L's this decade. Michael Myers won. 

The game is over. Hopefully it gets remade a decade from now. 

The game could have Jason turn out great and put the friday the 13th name back on the map if they had made better business decisions. Even if we couldn't get any movies or tv shows, we didn't have to worry how long before we could see Jason in the mainstream media again, because the game was basically our movie right there. And before the lawsuit, there were so much BIG opportunities to make us re-recreate and relive the franchise as long as we wanted to without worrying about the credits rolling, but Gun Media couldn't be capable of even giving us that, smh.

This reminds a lot like WCW, especially during their final days. Started off really entertaining, but horrible booking decisions is what led to their down fall. Right now, dead by daylight is WWE. They got a few top popular horror icons and planning to add more in the future to increase their audience while Friday the 13th(WCW) is trying to milk whatever revenue they can to keep the show going. If Jason, Shelly, Fox and Tommy Jarvis were added to dead by daylight, that would probably be the equivalent of when WWE signed Goldberg and the nWo lol. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

Killing oneself to become Tommy,. that could go either way. I've seen just as many players do this for strategic reasons as I have people doing this to troll. I don't call players "trash" when they use strategies I don't understand. I might say unusual, as I don't know every tactic people use in this game. If a player uses tactics I don't agree with, I'll change lobbies after a match. I don't get mad or lose my cool, I just move on.

I don't see any strategie to die right at the beginning of the game.

But I understant what you mean when you speak about strategie. For example, sometimes I'm dying when I'm about to repair the fuse box because I failed the QTE or walked into a bear trap and Jason came right at me.

Then I came back as Jarvis and I know I can repair the fuse box and call the cops directly without alerting Jason (because I have pocket knife in case Jason put another trap). I never did it on purpose but maybe other players does and it's seems like a strategie. But again, I don't see any strategie to die at the beginning, because everyone lose a useful teammate for free.

Maybe they just want the badges also.

2 minutes ago, Sinisterslither said:

I don't see any strategie to die right at the beginning of the game.

But I understant what you mean when you speak about strategie. For example, sometimes I'm dying when I'm about to repair the fuse box because I failed the QTE or walked into a bear trap and Jason came right at me.

Then I came back as Jarvis and I know I can repair the fuse box and call the cops directly without alerting Jason (because I have pocket knife in case Jason put another trap). I never did it on purpose but maybe other players does and it's seems like a strategie. But again, I don't see any strategie to die at the beginning, because everyone lose a useful teammate for free.

Maybe they just want the badges also.

A lot of what goes on in this game is a matter of perspective. I don't fully understand why everyone does everything they do in the game, but I try to keep an open mind.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

A lot of what goes on in this game is a matter of perspective. I don't fully understand why everyone does everything they do in the game, but I try to keep an open mind.

Oh yeah, maybe I seem angry in my post, but it's just to discuss, that kind of players are no big deal to me.

Otherwise I'would have stop playing this game for a long time. The only things that are really trash is host quitting and Jason teamming, I can deal with the rest.

Just now, Sinisterslither said:

Oh yeah, maybe I seem angry in my post, but it's just to discuss, that kind of players are no big deal to me.

Otherwise I'would have stop playing this game for a long time. The only things that are really trash is host quitting and Jason teamming, I can deal with the rest.

I'm not a fan of host quitters or Jason teamers either. I run them off whenever possible.

• Like 1

I mentioned this in the Wes thread about future DLC content in the "About" forum.

In the interests of the future of the game...as an original backer and Savini Jason owner...I'd like to see Savini Jason added to the Ultimate Slasher Edition.

It'll sell more copies. Gun and Illfonic have been put under extraordinary circumstances by Cunningham's lawsuit. I couldn't give two flying shits if everyone that buys the edition has Savini Jason. I don't care if I roll up in a lobby with the full lobby having Savini Jason as their Jason choice. As a backer you have to be a complete braindead moron to refuse anyone else getting Savini Jason - when the reality is - buyers of the ultimate edition will be giving this game a longer life span.

I've been here for three years. Backed the game from the start. I don't think they will include Savini Jason in the Ultimate Edition as they have never seemed to have shifted from their position..but I hope they do. Any backer who has issues with them doing it needs to take an almighty gulp and swallow their pride. I'd back them to the hilt on this being the right thing to do.

It's about keeping this game alive as long as possible - and not about crying that others have Savini Jason...like some short-sighted, self indulgent tirade. We had a good run with an exclusive. Unprecedented events have changed the landscape since then. Still to this day people are fascinated by him, in every lobby I go in. Add him to the Ultimate Slasher Edition... I'm with you on this 100%. 

Will also add that as a PS4 player who has had more than their amount of moments of frustration with "the host leaving". I for one, hope they don't implement dedicated servers. They're expensive to run...and in the light of the unprecedented events - I'd rather see the money used to give the game a longer lifespan. It's frustrating when the host leaves - but in my own playthrough experience...it barely happens like it used to happen a year ago...and I barely regard it as a problem these days. It's just not worth spending the money if the money could be used to let the game live longer.

Just my thoughts. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

I mentioned this in the Wes thread about future DLC content in the "About" forum.

In the interests of the future of the game...as an original backer and Savini Jason owner...I'd like to see Savini Jason added to the Ultimate Slasher Edition.

Savini Jason could sell a few more copies of the Ultimate Slasher Edition and keep the game going a bit longer in theory. Would any other backers like to weigh in on how you feel about this idea?

11 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Honestly...

The update is not out for the consoles yet and I already don't care for it. Not only I don't think it will be enough to bring me back, but right now, it's just simply not fun anymore because that whole F13 experience is gone. 

Every game, thanks to Jason hunting and group attacking, you're just running around the camp all night until the clock runs out. That's all the game is now. Playing virtual cabin in third person until you survive. Jason is like a wind-up toy that you can use whenever you feel like it. He's not doing anything to convince that you need to run away from him. To me, that's just not worth spending the extra 5 minutes anymore waiting to obtain a full lobby from the menu.

It certainly doesn't help much that the developers doesn't want to do anything with the community just to keep them interested in the game. Even if there's a slight chance another update can make a huge significant difference for me, I don't think I can have that kind patience anymore waiting another 3-4 months with the usual routine of long silences or a few comments from the staff hinting about an update that never seems to do anything but contribute to existing issues in the game.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2018 at 3:13 AM, Liquid Swordsman said:

Every game, thanks to Jason hunting and group attacking, you're just running around the camp all night until the clock runs out. That's all the game is now.

You must be playing a different game..   Because thats sure as hell not what happens when im Jason.. or any other player that knows what they are doing with Jason.

• Thanks 1

On 8/21/2018 at 6:36 AM, AJLeatherman said:

As I said before and will say again: this shit did not happen when the game was first released. That's Not just because of the mindset of the players, but because Jason was unstoppable. He would kill you. Trolling was not a thing because a noob part 3 Jason could get 8/8 by slashing everyone to death due to the stun "glitch" that made Jason un-stunable for around 5 seconds after he got back up and the lethal range of his slashes and grab.

Only after catering to the UTTERLY BLITHERING CRYBABY MORONS who didn't understand how the game was supposed to be played did that change, and now the game is in it's unfun state where Jason is a joke.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/22/2018 at 8:13 AM, Liquid Swordsman said:

The update is not out for the consoles yet and I already don't care for it. Not only I don't think it will be enough to bring me back, but right now, it's just simply not fun anymore because that whole F13 experience is gone. 

Every game, thanks to Jason hunting and group attacking, you're just running around the camp all night until the clock runs out. That's all the game is now. Playing virtual cabin in third person until you survive. Jason is like a wind-up toy that you can use whenever you feel like it. He's not doing anything to convince that you need to run away from him. To me, that's just not worth spending the extra 5 minutes anymore waiting to obtain a full lobby from the menu.

It certainly doesn't help much that the developers doesn't want to do anything with the community just to keep them interested in the game. Even if there's a slight chance another update can make a huge significant difference for me, I don't think I can have that kind patience anymore waiting another 3-4 months with the usual routine of long silences or a few comments from the staff hinting about an update that never seems to do anything but contribute to existing issues in the game.

I'm guessing you're in the North American time zone. Play late at night when most Americans are asleep so you're matched with European players. People play the game how it's meant to played over here. I stop playing at 10pm UK time when Americans finish work/school...cos I know it'll be car trolling and 7 counselors in one cabin with weapons in every lobby. It's boring as a counselor and as Jason.

No offence my American cousins. ;):) Just stating facts. :)

*DISCLAIMER* Most people I play with are American and I'm simply reciting what we laugh about together online. Yes, Americans say it as well. Avoid American peak gamer times. ??

5 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

As I said before and will say again: this shit did not happen when the game was first released. That's Not just because of the mindset of the players, but because Jason was unstoppable. He would kill you. Trolling was not a thing because a noob part 3 Jason could get 8/8 by slashing everyone to death due to the stun "glitch" that made Jason un-stunable for around 5 seconds after he got back up and the lethal range of his slashes and grab.

Only after catering to the UTTERLY BLITHERING CRYBABY MORONS who didn't understand how the game was supposed to be played did that change, and now the game is in it's unfun state where Jason is a joke.

THIS!!!!!! Had an argument with the discord over this the other night.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

*DISCLAIMER* Most people I play with are American and I'm simply reciting what we laugh about together online. Yes, Americans say it as well. Avoid American peak gamer times.

That's not just this game.  I routinely wait until 00:00 to start playing ANY game in the Eastern Time Zone (Ohio, EST-5:00), and most of the trolls are finally tapped out.  Most hosted games route the continental US in East and West servers; so things tend to thin out relatively late in the evening.

4 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

I'm guessing you're in the North American time zone. Play late at night when most Americans are asleep so you're matched with European players. 

No offence my American cousins. ;):) Just stating facts. :)

Meh.. Play between 10pm est - 1 am est.     And you get less kids.  Its got nothing to do with Americans or Europeans.    And everything to do with little squeakers.

To me thats prime time..  Not sure why anyone would want to play this game with the SUN still out anyways.