Jump to content

Recommended Posts

@wesI understand you guys said the game is finished with no more updates. It seems there is a true dedicated fan base here as well. If you don’t want to continue updating it, why not sell the rights to a company that may be interested in continuing the games development? Hell im sure some awesome techies would even work in it for free not to see it go down the drain. Is there ANY alternative? There’s another Friday the 13th game that is still producing content and from what I read the lawsuit doesn’t affect this game but I could be wrong. Just trying to not see the game die a horrible fate and could maybe go into the hands of someone who would be willing to continue working on it.  

I understand that, say the smoke clears and everything is ok to build upon again, you don’t want to pay people to wait around on a maybe but this is what I’m saying. Pass the baton to someone dedicated to keep the legacy going. Thanks for taking the time to read

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simple answer. They don’t WANT to. The Killer Puzzle game STILL puts out new content DAILY. They have a Daily Puzzle mode that is a brand new level everyday. That’s NEW content. By Gun’s standards. Exactly what they claim they can’t do. It appears they just don’t WANT to. But they have completely stopped communicating for no reason. So all we can do is “speculate” of course....

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Simple answer. They don’t WANT to. The Killer Puzzle game STILL puts out new content DAILY. They have a Daily Puzzle mode that is a brand new level everyday. That’s NEW content. By Gun’s standards. Exactly what they claim they can’t do. It appears they just don’t WANT to. But they have completely stopped communicating for no reason. So all we can do is “speculate” of course....

Oh I completely understand that. Didn’t want to put my true emotions in here and keep it PC. Everyone else is handling that part it seems lol.  If a new collectors edition can come out ( mask, poster etc) AND the trailer wasn’t edited showing new content it’s clear that the lawsuit is the scapegoat. Just pass the game on to someone who wants it to succeed devs!!!  And if they sold it to someone else they would still be getting money. I bought two versions and was about to buy my friend a third copy but then they announced it’s dead and well now I point people to other alternatives instead. I absolutely would have bought this collectors edition but for what? No new content but we can make an exception with a mask and poster? So crazy. It’s just a shame when we want to play with Jason Voorhees and the F13 franchise 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WElovejason said:

Oh I completely understand that. Didn’t want to put my true emotions in here and keep it PC. Everyone else is handling that part it seems lol.  If a new collectors edition can come out ( mask, poster etc) AND the trailer wasn’t edited showing new content it’s clear that the lawsuit is the scapegoat. Just pass the game on to someone who wants it to succeed devs!!!  And if they sold it to someone else they would still be getting money. I bought two versions and was about to buy my friend a third copy but then they announced it’s dead and well now I point people to other alternatives instead. I absolutely would have bought this collectors edition but for what? No new content but we can make an exception with a mask and poster? So crazy. It’s just a shame when we want to play with Jason Voorhees and the F13 franchise 

Legally, at this point I don't think they could pass the game to anyone, even if they wanted to. I'm hopeful that once the lawsuit passes, someone down the line will take another stab (no pun intended) at another F13 game. The interest is there. The creativity is there.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Legally, at this point I don't think they could pass the game to anyone, even if they wanted to. I'm hopeful that once the lawsuit passes, someone down the line will take another stab (no pun intended) at another F13 game. The interest is there. The creativity is there.

I’d think they could sell the game to another publisher. To take over bug fixing and possibly pick back up on content later.  Like when THQ went bankrupt and 2K took over the WWE games. It was right when a new game was released. So a few months later, the in game menus and physical packaging magically changed to 2K logos, via an update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Milwauking Dead said:

I’d think they could sell the game to another publisher. To take over bug fixing and possibly pick back up on content later.  Like when THQ went bankrupt and 2K took over the WWE games. It was right when a new game was released. So a few months later, the in game menus and physical packaging magically changed to 2K logos, via an update.

Maybe they could, maybe the couldn't. The real question is would they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Maybe they could, maybe the couldn't. The real question is would they?

If they actually cared about the series and the community as they claim they do they would! If it's true that they are no longer going to work on the game (whether the lawsuit is done or not) they really have no reason to keep it. Give it to someone who has the passion to work on the game and continue to help support the game. As the others devs for the series will do once the lawsuit is finish.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 It would be cool if they partnered with another studio too. I mean as long as we’re all wishful thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HipsterDino said:

If they actually cared about the series and the community as they claim they do they would! If it's true that they are no longer going to work on the game (whether the lawsuit is done or not) they really have no reason to keep it. Give it to someone who has the passion to work on the game and continue to help support the game. As the others devs for the series will do once the lawsuit is finish.

From what I've seen a lot of people here have some great ideas for a future F13 game. Someone will likely use some of these ideas, providing they can get the licensing to make a future F13 game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Maybe they could, maybe the couldn't. The real question is would they?

No they wouldn't because they wouldn't get money off of poor saps that would buy the game without knowing how broken it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

No they wouldn't because they wouldn't get money off of poor saps that would buy the game without knowing how broken it is.

The state of the game is common knowledge. There are plenty of sources that tell the people how the game is. Whether or not the people take the time to read is on them. I think the bulk of the money that can be made off the game has been made.

@Alien_Number_Six that is also common knowledge. People can still plan for future projects, even if they can't execute those plans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don´t think you can sell rights you got for free, just saying.

Other than that it´s pretty obvious that they are done with the game. Looking back at the past year, this whole thing was a moneygrab. They knew about the lawsuit before release, (and you need to be super gullible to actually think that this can´t effect you unless you have legal documents saying so) and still went on, no word about the lawsuit ofc, that had to be dug up by players.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Just GIVE this game to another publisher. If Gun doesn’t truly care about this game or franchise, give it to someone that does, and will keep it alive for the fans. 

Personally, I'd rather have a new F13 game made from scratch, if the opportunity were to come along. I enjoy this game and all, but I'd rather see what someone else can envision and create based on this franchise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Personally, I'd rather have a new F13 game made from scratch, if the opportunity were to come along. I enjoy this game and all, but I'd rather see what someone else can envision and create based on this franchise.

I’d be all for that. If it was a game solely focused on a single player story. Completely different than this one. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

I’d be all for that. If it was a game solely focused on a single player story. Completely different than this one. 

That sounds intriguing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To read here makes think game not worth to buy. I read no content and lot of issue with game coming. I want to buy amozon deal for game and mask but money is alot for game that not not work and not be fix. I probably wait for new game you mention. when it come out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UrOnMyLaptop said:

when it come out?

There has not been a confirmed sequel set to be released. People on the forum want a sequel since this game got cut short because of the lawsuit. But a sequel can't happen until this lawsuit is settled. Since this lawsuit is going to last quite some time yet, we might get a sequel to this game in maybe half a decade if we are lucky. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Fair Play said:

The state of the game is common knowledge. There are plenty of sources that tell the people how the game is. Whether or not the people take the time to read is on them. I think the bulk of the money that can be made off the game has been made.

@Alien_Number_Six that is also common knowledge. People can still plan for future projects, even if they can't execute those plans.

Don't make me laugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Don't make me laugh.

Laughter is the best medicine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be a mistake to avoid multiplayer.

As much as the game could have a great singleplayer. Multiplayer and playing as Jason was the entire reason this game sold as well as it did initially. Even though Summer Camp would've happened either way. Cunningham wasn't going to give away the rights for another NES type singleplayer affair. Multiplayer is where the money is or multiplayer combined with singleplayer.

The game had some great ideas, but the single greatest flaw is its not fun to play as the title character and counselor play can become boring too. He can't play as a stalker because of the timer and because Stalk itself comes too late in the game. I doubt the devs will ever offer a changeable Jason loadout. They had plenty of time to do that last year before any kind of lawsuit deadline was anywhere close or could be used as the go to excuse not to do it. In retrospect though, you could see why they decided to add the timer. It was the ultimate get out of jail free card they added to make up for the bad coding and glitches that would allow counselors to get in god spots or speed hack around the map. The timer was the mercy rule, as in it eventually would end even if someone was ruining for everything or multiple people were.

The game can't add new modes, it can't add new maps, new Jasons, Counselors, it can't add new gameplay mechanics, etc. The game will forever remain a repetitive slog of the occasional newer players getting steam rolled by decent/good Jason players, meanwhile Jason being hunted and bullied by even two decent counselors. That's it. Oh and the bugs/hacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

one day you’ll all wake up to the fact that this game was a joke. i haven’t played it in a month, and yet a few months ago i was one of the biggest supporters of the game. the developers’ have trashed their own creation. and little by little, more people will come to this realization and stop playing. the only reason i’m still on these forums is to see how many people still have the hope that i once had. it’s funny how we all keep on coming back no matter how many times we get screwed over. the game was fun, but now it’s just a bunch of f13 cult fans complaining about bugs. wake up and smell the coffee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

It would be a mistake to avoid multiplayer.

As much as the game could have a great singleplayer. Multiplayer and playing as Jason was the entire reason this game sold as well as it did initially. Even though Summer Camp would've happened either way. Cunningham wasn't going to give away the rights for another NES type singleplayer affair. Multiplayer is where the money is or multiplayer combined with singleplayer.

The game had some great ideas, but the single greatest flaw is its not fun to play as the title character and counselor play can become boring too. He can't play as a stalker because of the timer and because Stalk itself comes too late in the game. I doubt the devs will ever offer a changeable Jason loadout. They had plenty of time to do that last year before any kind of lawsuit deadline was anywhere close or could be used as the go to excuse not to do it. In retrospect though, you could see why they decided to add the timer. It was the ultimate get out of jail free card they added to make up for the bad coding and glitches that would allow counselors to get in god spots or speed hack around the map. The timer was the mercy rule, as in it eventually would end even if someone was ruining for everything or multiple people were.

The game can't add new modes, it can't add new maps, new Jasons, Counselors, it can't add new gameplay mechanics, etc. The game will forever remain a repetitive slog of the occasional newer players getting steam rolled by decent/good Jason players, meanwhile Jason being hunted and bullied by even two decent counselors. That's it. Oh and the bugs/hacks.

Boredom sets in on the most exciting games eventually. I think as long as this game can be played, it will be played by some people. Games like Quake 2 are still being played 20+ years later, despite its age and limited appeal in the present. If this game could be similarly functional in some way 10 or 20 years from now, some people would still play it. All games will become boring to someone in some way.

9 hours ago, Hugh D Paul said:

one day you’ll all wake up to the fact that this game was a joke. i haven’t played it in a month, and yet a few months ago i was one of the biggest supporters of the game. the developers’ have trashed their own creation. and little by little, more people will come to this realization and stop playing. the only reason i’m still on these forums is to see how many people still have the hope that i once had. it’s funny how we all keep on coming back no matter how many times we get screwed over. the game was fun, but now it’s just a bunch of f13 cult fans complaining about bugs. wake up and smell the coffee.

When people tire of a game, they will stop playing. The reasons will vary. For some, it could be due to the reputation of the developers or the condition the game is in. For others, it may be due to the kind of players they encounter. New games come along, that make players focus on those and leave older ones behind. Everyone has their own personal opinions about this game, and their own personal reasons for why they stop.

When potential newcomers in my circle ask me about the game, I present the facts and let them make their own choice. I tell them the good and bad, and it's up to them to decide to invest in it or not. I have a guest account that random people play on so they don't have to invest in it to try it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...