5 hours ago, Jenny thicker than Tiffany said:

I mean, the way I heard it it was Miller who started the lawsuit, but I guess that's not entirely correct, even so it annoys me that he had to get involved in the game and basically ruin it for everyone who plays.

Miller didn't get involved in the game. He didn't order the cease content. And made $9,200. Not exactly the asshole here for reapplying for the copyright.

As much as i'd love there to be, there is no future for this game. It will be fully dead in a few months as sad as that is. 

53 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Miller didn't get involved in the game. He didn't order the cease content. And made $9,200. Not exactly the asshole here for reapplying for the copyright.

I agree, he’s just doing what anyone would given the first movie alone made 60 million. 

4 minutes ago, TheBigFlounder said:

As much as i'd love there to be, there is no future for this game. It will be fully dead in a few months as sad as that is. 

I don’t agree, I think it has at least two years of life left on console. People will keep playing till something just like it comes along. 

The game is already dead on PC, struggling to reach 400 players worldwide at peak hours. Which isn't surprising. It's been almost three months since the disastrous engine upgrade that was supposed to get the game back on track, and yet we're still waiting for one broken "hotfix" per month despite all future content being cancelled.

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

People will keep playing till something just like it comes along.

Same engine, customized characters, new environments, and make The Running Man but with a player's preset Hunter when they randomly are assigned, while everyone else is a Runner.

Good God would that game be magnificent.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Not your fault.  Given the fact that Cunningham's folks are the ones who dealt with the licensing of this game, it's easy to arrive at the conclusion that Miller is the enemy.  

I haven't thrown on my Alex Jones Approved Tinfoil Conspiracy Hat for awhile now, but (rummages through desk drawers) I think it's time to dust this bad boy off and start wildly and irresponsibly speculating:

**WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CONTENT IS PURELY SPECULATIVE AND IN NO WAY CONSTITUTES ANY ACCUSATIONS, ALLEGATIONS, OR STATEMENTS OF FACT, AND IS INTENDED FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY**

The reason Gun/Illfonic can't say anything about the suit or the status of the remaining deliverables stems from the politics and optics of the license and the relationship with whichever entity granted said license.  If Horror, Inc., granted the license, then any confirmation or denial of the legal status of the case has the potential to directly or indirectly alter the relationship between licensor (Horror, Inc.) and licensee (Gun/Illfonic).  Statements which confirm or condemn the actions of the licensor have the ability to poison the relationship between licensor and licensee to the point that the license could be rescinded.  The risk of damaging that relationship is too great for Gun/Illfonic to be openly transparent with the players/fans.  If Cunningham's side emerges victorious, then this game continues on whichever path it is set, unburdened and unrestricted by the current confluence of events.  Should Miller prevail, any and every effort made on the behalf of the opposition in the suit becomes a magnified act of aggression against the "new" rights holder.  Probably not the best foot to start off on if you are a current licensee.

Given the fact that Miller did not initiate the lawsuit (Horror Inc and other affiliated partners in interest to the license did), Gun/Illfonic have nothing to gain by publicly commenting on the lawsuit or the ramifications of the rulings in said court case.  To be clear; barring any sort of restraining order entered into the case by the presiding judge, there is no legal precedent or rule preventing public comment by current licensees.  The content embargo is clearly the result of a ruling in the case, but barring access to a document or ruling to confirm, any inference is purely specultative without corroboration from Gun/Illfonic.  The closest thing we have is confirmation of A deadline from the F13 Puzzle Game developer via Twitter.

There are legitimately three options for Gun/Illfonic:

Option 1: Say nothing and wait for everything to sort itself out (the current option being employed).

Option 2: Total transparency--provide a detailed chronology of important dates, decisions, and events which are interrelated as to how the game arrived at it's current state.

Option 3: Spin.  Materially attempt to influence the public discourse around the current status of the game across multiple media venues, including interviews, social media, and the official (and unofficial) forums.

Realistically, the current model (option 1) offers the path of least resistance.  Low risk/low reward, if you will.  There's too much to be gained or lost engaging in the other two paths.

Very well articulated - and I believe you are 100% correct. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheBigFlounder said:

As much as I want this to happen. How will the server running costs be financed? From sales? I would be inclined to believe that is possible, but has that been possible before? How do games like online Quake keep going? Sales? I'm genuinely asking as I don't fully understand multiplayer games - this is the first game I've ever played online diligently for any period of time.

I was under the impression server costs are always funded by DLC? I'm on PS4 and I'd rather Gun didn't implement expensive dedicated servers if it meant this game can have a longer life. Although on the flip side I guess stable dedicated servers are more desirable to the mainstream gamer of which, their sales they would be relying on. Toughie. 

Edit: Apologies for the double post*

27 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Same engine, customized characters, new environments, and make The Running Man but with a player's preset Hunter when they randomly are assigned, while everyone else is a Runner.

It would be pretty awesome, if they cleaned it up, while I do love the movie it is very eighties. It would be awesome to see what all the zones look like, or how you recruit the resistance, they could be Tommy, lol.

This game will die because Gun is more worried about deleting posts on here instead of supporting the game. Where are the fixes? Where is the communication? Where is ANYTHING???? You don’t want to release anymore content? Fine. I think we would ALL move on from that horrible news a hell of a lot faster if Gun would just regularly COMMUNICATE with us about what they ARE going to do. And WHEN they are going to do it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, malloymk said:

He hasn't made much money compared to what the IP has made over the years.

Right! Poor guy got less than $8000 for writing the first script that went on to make Cunningham a whole lotta money. So, he waits the 30 years he has to wait till he can file a lawsuit for his rightful share of all that F13 cash. Cunningham counter sued him, to keep Vic's fingers outta the honey pot. Who's the bad guy? Btw. @malloymk I got dbd, I'll hit you up sometime when I get on there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

“Here is SubZero....!!!  Now plain zero.!”

love that movie has some of the best quotes in movie history!! 

Great idea for a game !

• Thanks 1

I just wish there was something they can do to breath more life into it.

Putting the bugs aside, It's too much of a fun game to let it go to waste.

3 minutes ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

I just wish there was something they can do to breath more life into it.

They could have. All they had to do was not completely screw up the big May update, and not completely screw up the so-called hotfixes in the following months. If the game was actually getting better then there would still be a future for it even with no additional content being added.

• Like 1

The group of 50+ people that I played with consistently has disappeared for the most part. 

The May update didn't slow us down... Heck even the "no new content" didn't affect us that much. The kicker was the loss of the party system on PC. Without having the ability to create a party and join a server we slowly dwindled down. Used to be on weekends we would run 2 lobbies because we had plenty of people online at same time. Last week we didn't even have enough to fill one lobby....

Most of the players have moved on to dbd or other games. I am not a fan of dbd so I am basically no longer a part of any group. Since I loathe QP... I uninstalled the game. If the QP community wasn't so toxic I would have continued to play, but if I want to hear juvenile swearing and insults I can get that at work from the inmates. So I guess now all that is left for me to do is lurk in the forums. Who knows... maybe they will fix the party system... if not - I had a good run and got a lot of enjoyment out of the game. 

(I used to play with a YouTuber as well - he would stream F13 2-3 times a month. His last stream was on July 13th and lasted less than 2 hours; instead of the normal 4-5,  because of the party system. He has given up playing F13 as well.... sigh)

2 minutes ago, Jasix said:

The kicker was the loss of the party system on PC.

Just how much crap did I miss out on? I haven't played since May 28th, right after the big update but before any of the hotfixes which I've heard nightmarish tales of. Is the state of the game even worse than I had feared?

9 minutes ago, Jasix said:

The group of 50+ people that I played with consistently has disappeared for the most part. The May update didn't slow us down... Heck even the "no new content" didn't affect us that much. The kicker was the loss of the party system on PCnormal 4-5,  because of the party system. He has given up playing F13 as well.... sigh

We played in a party few time IIRC.  As atrocious the bugs brought by the engine update was, the real killer for the PC community has the been the Party bug.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Just how much crap did I miss out on? I haven't played since May 28th, right after the big update but before any of the hotfixes which I've heard nightmarish tales of. Is the state of the game even worse than I had feared?

I don't know the exact date, but one of the bug fixes made it so that if you have multiple people in a party and you join a server...it would disband the party and kick some of the people from the server. So then the only workaround is for people to play in private matches. Well the group that I played with we were from all over the world; UK, AU, US, etc... trying to do private has made everyone's pings go to crap and caused a lot of disconnection issues. So while the May update wasn't good, and the new content wasn't good... this bug is the straw that broke the camel's back. Slowly an active group has becomes a shell of its former self. Now when you log on to Steam you still see the members, but they are spread out across various games. I played this game because I had met some great people who I had an amazing time playing with. It wasn't one or two people who left, but more like 30-40 from the group. 

My experiences in QP are what made me originally quit playing the game; the racism, homophobia, sexism, and just disgusting behavior by the QP community. Since QP has never been fun and since that is basically my only choice... I decided it was time to quit and uninstall. I did have a great 6 months playing the game though. 

On 8/9/2018 at 1:31 PM, tpb1992 said:

My bets on a new glitch when the next patch comes out literally making your console/PC explode 

That or Jason is somehow able to use Dance emotes

Nope. My bet is that the next patch does away with blood in favor of sweat a la Super Nintendo.