Thrasher

Is Part 9 Jason too weak?

10 hours ago, dandop1984 said:

Part 2- best Jason at objective control, but once those traps are used up, he is lacking, he is weak against groups, and has no real advantages. Another easy to kill Jason due to -defense, and no weapon strength.

That explains it. I seem to get bullied the most as Part 2.

1 hour ago, aurllcooljay said:

Yeah J2 is great against randoms, but Jason Kill groups he will get his ass handed to him. J4 is great at groups which seems to be the norm more and more 

3 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

2 hours ago, dandop1984 said:

Yeah J2 is great against randoms, but Jason Kill groups he will get his ass handed to him. J4 is great at groups which seems to be the norm more and more 

Part2 is by far the weakest base Jason, however his massive amount of traps and +morph he can pretend that he can be in 2 places at once keeps him from being worse than any of the -trap Jasons.  Part4 and Part7 actually can hold their own well against mobs, but without traps, once they are gone, you'll no longer have any alerts on parts of the map you are not at.  At least Part7 can attempt to stop a moving car, all Part 4 can do is wave goodbye to it if the drivers is competent.

• Like 1

Part 9 is by far the most underrated Jason in the game. He’s Part 6 without a morph weakness. I usually demolish people with him because he’s one of the most mobile Jason’s in the game.

6 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Part2 is by far the weakest base Jason, however his massive amount of traps and +morph he can pretend that he can be in 2 places at once keeps him from being worse than any of the -trap Jasons.  Part4 and Part7 actually can hold their own well against mobs, but without traps, once they are gone, you'll no longer have any alerts on parts of the map you are not at.  At least Part7 can attempt to stop a moving car, all Part 4 can do is wave goodbye to it if the drivers is competent.

When I play part 4 I’d rather have the cops called than have a car get started. I’m a decent Jason at stopping cars, but it’s tough, and you only get one chance.

I find since more and more counsellors work together, and roll in groups, it favors part 4 aggressive style. Most matches I have half the lobby is dead before all my traps are spent anyways.

2 hours ago, dandop1984 said:

I find since more and more counsellors work together, and roll in groups, it favors part 4 aggressive style. Most matches I have half the lobby is dead before all my traps are spent anyways.

The funny thing is most mobs on QP seem to wanna beat Jason to death, when the strength of mobs is actually stalling out and defend each other, only swinging when a teammate needs a save or stun to heal.   Other than that, just stay out of Jason's range and to piss him off, just have everyone CS block the entire time if everyone has spays.

24 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

The funny thing is most mobs on QP seem to wanna beat Jason to death, when the strength of mobs is actually stalling out and defend each other, only swinging when a teammate needs a save or stun to heal.   Other than that, just stay out of Jason's range and to piss him off, just have everyone CS block the entire time if everyone has spays.

Yeah that’s usually how I play, if I’m going for a Jason kill. A coordinated group can be difficult to deal with for sure. All the more reason I stay away from -defense and no weapon strength Jason’s 

14 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Very true, against a lobby with heavy coordination, the wrong morph will cost him giving no chance to contest the pushed objective.  Part 6 was once viewed very highly, not as much anymore as the game and the way it's played has changed over the year.

Any tier list should be a evaluation of all choices and options at the highest level of play, not the typical QP which is always a mish-mosh of varied skills.  But otherwise solid tier list, agreeing with Tommy86 again as Roy is the strongest "Jason" that isn't the 3 I aforementioned.

I would rank Roy as 4th if the fact that his shift duration wasn't as short a it is. They fixed the cooldown, but the duration of the actual shift is still no good. It especially makes catching a car a pain. I'd put Part 2 above him since Roy is just as bad at catching cars. At least Part 2 has +Morph and Traps to tey and defend those objectives before they get going.

Overall my tier list would go:

Part 3

Savini

Part 8

Part 5/Part 2

Part 6

Part 9

Part 7

Part 4

I only put 9 over 7 since -HP honestly doesn't seem like it even works aince all Jasons lose their masks rather quickly against dedicated mobs. +Weapon Strength helps against mobs, but I would say +Shift is a better ability overall, since when paired with +Stalk you can stop the car reliably without giving away your position, multiple times due to the short cooldown on both of thoae abilities.

I may even put 9 over 6 since -Morph is such a poor weakness.

Also Part 3 over Savini due do how much more pressure you apply while running. You can wear down high stamina a lot faster and punish mistakes easier.

Well one of the Jasons was bound to be weaker than his peers when compared. (They can't all be positives) Might as well be the one from the movie every "true Friday fan" hates. ? 

And part two being weaker at fighting also makes sense, he was only human and was comically clumsy in that film. 

Savini Jason as number one is no surprise, and a solid reason for why he should never be released to the general public, as the lobbies would be filled with nothing but Savini preference players. 

12 minutes ago, Pazuzu said:

Well one of the Jasons was bound to be weaker than his peers when compared. (They can't all be positives) Might as well be the one from the movie every "true Friday fan" hates. ? 

And part two being weaker at fighting also makes sense, he was only human and was comically clumsy in that film. 

Savini Jason as number one is no surprise, and a solid reason for why he should never be released to the general public, as the lobbies would be filled with nothing but Savini preference players. 

I would have to disagree with your point that you'd see nothing but Savini. If that were the case you'd only see the second best Jason now. Personally I think part 8 is the best or tied with Savini but it's never an entire room of part 8's.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Nougat said:

I would rank Roy as 4th if the fact that his shift duration wasn't as short a it is. They fixed the cooldown, but the duration of the actual shift is still no good. It especially makes catching a car a pain. I'd put Part 2 above him since Roy is just as bad at catching cars. At least Part 2 has +Morph and Traps to tey and defend those objectives before they get going.

Overall my tier list would go:

Part 3

Savini

Part 8

Part 5/Part 2

Part 6

Part 9

Part 7

Part 4

I only put 9 over 7 since -HP honestly doesn't seem like it even works aince all Jasons lose their masks rather quickly against dedicated mobs. +Weapon Strength helps against mobs, but I would say +Shift is a better ability overall, since when paired with +Stalk you can stop the car reliably without giving away your position, multiple times due to the short cooldown on both of thoae abilities.

I may even put 9 over 6 since -Morph is such a poor weakness.

Also Part 3 over Savini due do how much more pressure you apply while running. You can wear down high stamina a lot faster and punish mistakes easier.

Roy's shift is shorter duration than the other neutral shift jasons but it is fast enough to catch the car. It is MUCH better than the negative shift.

My list:

Part 8 

Savini

Part 3

Part 5

Part 6

Part 2

Part 9

Part 7

Part 4  :(

IMO, the only Jasons worth picking against a good group are the top 3.

7 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I would have to disagree with your point that you'd see nothing but Savini. If that were the case you'd only see the second best Jason now. Personally I think part 8 is the best or tied with Savini but it's never an entire room of part 8's.

Second best is really debatable though. A lot of people in QP still see Part 4 as second best.

8 hours ago, Pazuzu said:

Second best is really debatable though. A lot of people in QP still see Part 4 as second best.

So is which Jason is the best. That's why I don't think you'd see nothing but Savini. You would at first but it would eventually die down.

On 8/4/2018 at 4:06 AM, GeneiJin said:

At least Part7 can attempt to stop a moving car, all Part 4 can do is wave goodbye to it if the drivers is competent.

Thanks goodness they did away with Part 7's -shift. I had a bad experience with an annoying player escaping by car and calling me a bad Jason.:JasonPt7:

On 8/4/2018 at 10:11 AM, dandop1984 said:

When I play part 4 I’d rather have the cops called than have a car get started.

If it weren't for the dance party's at police exits I'd agree with you. As it is I'd rather chase after the car any day.

5 minutes ago, aurllcooljay said:

If it weren't for the dance party's at police exits I'd agree with you. As it is I'd rather chase after the car any day.

I find as long as the cops don’t get called till at least halfway through a match I can wear down the remaining window hoppers, before the dance party. Part 4 has a difficult time stopping a car, but grinding down window hoppers is easy. 

3 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

I see now. Thought you were talking about the police already arrived, not on the way there.

Yeah sometimes letting the cops get called is the smart call between letting a vehicle get away. This depends on the Jason, but a vehicle can escape the map in under a minute 

I always find it strange when people claim Savini isn't the best Jason.  He is very clearly the best based on strengths and weaknesses; this is objective truth.

People who claim he's not the best are usually people who have him and play it down because they don't want to be seen as cheap when they use him.

On 8/2/2018 at 10:01 AM, Thrasher said:

Does anyone else get the feeling he's a little unbalanced? I don't think the slightly faster Shift and Stalk regeneration make up for the fact that he has less HP and less traps. The stun resistance seems non-existent too, he seems to take just as many hits as a Jason without it.

Every time I play him, I do the worst. I don't seem to have this problem with any of the other Jasons. He just seems kind of useless, which is a shame because he is one of the coolest looking ones. Anyone else feel this way?

Part 9 used to be a beast. First they nerfed his stun resistance, part 6 has the best now, then with the most recent update they nerfed his grab box. From my experience his grab box is almost non existent (tested multiple Jasons on bots and friends) which makes a stalk shift from across the map useless unless you catch that shitty ass lunge grab perfect, have fun trying to do that not being the host, with lag and in the rain.

If he is disappointing you give part 7 a try, he is real similar to what 9 used to be and his grab box works.

On 8/4/2018 at 1:09 PM, Pazuzu said:

I personally have never played a Savini but I have played it against him many, many times and I find him to be easy to play against compared to some of the others. I think the ones that have him like the intimidation factor that they give the newbs who don't see him much so that is why they run him.

3 hours ago, isdatadeadbody said:

I personally have never played a Savini but I have played it against him many, many times and I find him to be easy to play against compared to some of the others. I think the ones that have him like the intimidation factor that they give the newbs who don't see him much so that is why they run him.

Stat wise savini is the best, but really at the end of it all the person controlling Jason is what really matters. I’ve seen terrible Savini players, and Savini was my 2nd Jason kill. 

However take a good Jason player and give him Savini, and it’s a walk in the park.

Savini really is a terribly designed Jason stat wise. He really needs a weakness, maybe -traps or - morph. 

I own savini, and rarely play him, as I prefer part 4 with the running + Destruction. I can deal with the trap weakness, as map control is more about Morph, and pressure.

• Thanks 1

On 8/5/2018 at 8:01 PM, gtdjlocker311 said:

I always find it strange when people claim Savini isn't the best Jason.  He is very clearly the best based on strengths and weaknesses; this is objective truth.

People who claim he's not the best are usually people who have him and play it down because they don't want to be seen as cheap when they use him.

Savini isn't the best because a best Jason doesn't exist. It all comes down to what stats you value. He does have three very good strengths. But it still comes down to what stats matter to you and your play style. 

26 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Savini isn't the best because a best Jason doesn't exist. It all comes down to what stats you value. He does have three very good strengths. But it still comes down to what stats matter to you and your play style. 

If there is no "best Jason" than there can be no "worst Jason" either, yet Gun Media seemed to feel it necessary to rework part 7 due to complaints, soooo....

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

He has three top strengths, and no bad weaknesses.  Yes, he's objectively the best.

• Like 2