So.... Dead By Daylight is free on ps plus this month. ?? Not that I have any interest in it what so ever as its boring as hell. Even with all of its problems, i still think Friday the 13th is the superior game. But the dbd devs surely did this to poach what life our game has left in it.

I know it would currently be a bad business decision given that the ultimate too late edition comes out soon but does anyone else think Friday needs to be a ps plus game at some point? Something like that would definitely keep the game going for longer and playerbase up. 

But damn.. the cheek of dem dbd fools.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

It is a smart move on DBD team to get as many people on. The game is free to PSPlus members but not the DLC's that come with it. So players playing will play maybe enjoy themselves and buy the DLC's that come. This keeps them going making new content and keeping players on their game. F13 while I enjoy more is dying slowly, PC I've seen go down pretty far while Xbox and PS4 are still going but that will soon end, no new content will be the down fall of this game. Soon enough this game will be done and the DEVS will move on from it. It's a sad fate this game had to die in a slow way.

• Like 8

I will check out DBD seeing as it's free now, but yeah I think f13th should be free this October in time for halloween on psn. It will help to keep the game alive on ps4 for sure. 

10 minutes ago, kohagan said:

I will check out DBD seeing as it's free now, but yeah I think f13th should be free this October in time for halloween on psn. It will help to keep the game alive on ps4 for sure. 

Should have been free on steam long ago. We need all the help we can get

Lol, I got to respect the dbd pubs, that is a cheeky way to poach the remaining player-base. 

It might be the smartest move I’ve seen come out of any of these companies, there’s other things like the dev streams the Dbd guys do that have tempted me in the past but I’ll probably check it out with it being free. Identity V, looks fun to, wish our pubs/devs were half as successful, that would require better communication though.

I don't even get the point of DBD's DLC. The standard game, you run around slashing people till they are dead, then drag them to a spot and hang them on a hook.

Then they announce OMG Michael Myers and Freddy! Gameplay, you run around slashing people till they are dead, then drag them to a spot and hang them on a hook.

DBD is like 5% of the game that F13 is, including all of DBD's DLC.

I'm not the slightest bit interested in a free DBD.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

Its makes sense. F13 rushed the console release to beat DBD to the console market. Now DBD is possibly putting a nail in the coffin for its largest playerbase. People can say what they want about DBD and I personally havent played it myself. But this is gonna hurt f13 bad as I would for sure be playing it if it was offered for free. 

• Like 1

I have to say give DbD a chance. Its free. I hated it at first. Its hooks and generators. No kills. Rough graphics. I muuuccchhh prefer the objectives in F13. 

However, never had a connection issue. Someone quits and you get extra experience, not lost time and nothing for your efforts. 

The level progression system is much more meaningful. More updates, more content updates. 

Playing with friends is still a good time, just not as many friends at once. A lot of the F13 group I play with is migrating over there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I have to say give DbD a chance. Its free. I hated it at first. Its hooks and generators. No kills. Rough graphics. I muuuccchhh prefer the objectives in F13. 

However, never had a connection issue. Someone quits and you get extra experience, not lost time and nothing for your efforts. 

The level progression system is much more meaningful. More updates, more content updates. 

Playing with friends is still a good time, just not as many friends at once. A lot of the F13 group I play with is migrating over there. 

Same. Quell your expectations a bit from Peak F13. At it's peak F13 was more fun than DBD. That peak said goodbye in January of this year and jumped off a fucking cliff in May. 

DBD is a better game at this point in my opinion. By a country mile.

That said, the first time I played it I wasn't super impressed with it. It definitely grew on me over time. There is a bit of a learning curve as well. Feel free to message me if you want to play sometime @lasse_hei. I'm no expert, but I can help you get started.

• Like 2

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that DbD is the Xbox free game of the month in October after this news got announced. Steal away most of the market share from this game on both consoles in one quick quarter of the year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K3ys3r S0z3 said:

Its makes sense. F13 rushed the console release to beat DBD to the console market. Now DBD is possibly putting a nail in the coffin for its largest playerbase. People can say what they want about DBD and I personally havent played it myself. But this is gonna hurt f13 bad as I would for sure be playing it if it was offered for free. 

Hehe I was just saying on these forums about a week ago or so if they planned on giving F13th away as a ps plus game in October to bump the numbers and maybe make some money off DLC to help pay and maintain the servers. Now I don't think they will be able to...or that it even matters anymore.

Fuck DBD it’s a god awful game....with more toxic trolls than our beloved F13 game has.

Even free for PS plus I will not download that turd for any reason again.....

I will continue to wallow in this dumpster fire where it’s warm....?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that DbD is the Xbox free game of the month in October after this news got announced. Steal away most of the market share from this game on both consoles in one quick quarter of the year. 

to say steal is wrong,  if people want to play their game they will.

Hell look at what happened when DbD set their console release date, suddenly f13 had a release date, even without the single player that was the reason it was delayed in the first place. So to stay a game is stealing players is so wrong and really unjust.

if people want a game that actually is getting content and patches, good for them go to DbD.

for a game that is focusing on patches, a month between them is a joke.

• Like 1

Dead by Daylight is getting better IMO. They just did a rebalancing patch that's made things a bit more difficult for survivors (fairly). They reworked the Hag and Trapper, Wraith is being reworked next.

The killer variety just gives you more play styles really if that's what you like. That and they've each got unique perks which you can eventually give to other killers to try different builds.

Yeah, it's pretty much chasing and hooking unless you've got a Mori that allows you an actual kill - Clown - and those are always fun just because it pisses survivors off so bad. But, the game can be fun. I enjoy it a lot more now. 

Death Garden is about to release as well so the free month is a pretty smart move. Capitalize on Gun's broken ass game's dwindling base as well as familiarize players with Behaviour? Go for it. Especially since upcoming horror titles seem to be PC only at the beginning, makes sense to do this on a console. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

DBD is the better game to play as a survivor. F13 is the better game to play as the killer. 

Fair point. I agree for the most part. Only disclaimer which I'm guessing you would agree is if a match has no glitches. I'd take a DbD killer round over a glitched Jason game. But no glitches definitely the other way around.

3 hours ago, ShaunAburame said:

I don't even get the point of DBD's DLC. The standard game, you run around slashing people till they are dead, then drag them to a spot and hang them on a hook.

Then they announce OMG Michael Myers and Freddy! Gameplay, you run around slashing people till they are dead, then drag them to a spot and hang them on a hook.

Just don't buy the dlc then. I play dbd and don't feel the need to buy dlc and I enjoy it. 

Or don't download it at all. It's all good. I'm just saying to try the game out for free for a month seems like a good deal to me.

I enjoy both games. F13 much more so. You can't blame the DbD devs for making a smart business move. If the get even a fifth of the people who download it when it's free to stick around that'll be a hell of a jump in their player base.

I hated DbD at first. Fix generators that’s take 59 minutes to fix? Pull a switch that takes another 25 minutes to unlock doors? Yay!!

But i gotta say.... the more i gave it a chance, the more fun i had. Playing solo, i enjoy DbD more. No horrible quickplay lobbies like Friday. Usually get right in. No fighting back means you run and hide or die. The way a killer game should be damnit! lol... the perk systems is miles ahead of Friday. Daily rituals. Events. And the developers work overtime on the game. 

Yes, Friday is more fun, if you have the right group of people playing. That will never change. Unfortunately it’s gotten harder and harder for that to happen. So I’ll still try to play with my friends when i can. But if i only have a couple people or just myself, it’s DbD for me.

And sorry... hunting survivors and hearing the hunting music kick in as i use Michael Myers is a thrill! lol

4 hours ago, ShaunAburame said:

New killer, new survivor skin, 6 new perks, new cosmetics. Sounds better than no content at all. 

@DasMurich EXACTLY!!! But ya know “hooks and gens” 

@TheHansonGoons I think I played with you before.

Well since the topic has been brought up I’ll explain DBD vs F13

DBD has been out for a longer period of time and was already on the PC almost a year before F13. It had it’s fair share of glitches but A LOT of the glitches and bugs have been ironed out and the devs have stuck their word every single time. That is more than I can say about F13.

There is more variety in killers in DBD and it is a far more competitve game with the ranking system, bloodweb, iridescent shards, and devotion levels. Once you reach Level 150 on F13, there isn’t much left to accomplish. In DBD you are constantly leveling up your character and there are many survivors and killers to prestige so you won’t run out anytime soon. F13 is a casual game to play with friends when you want to chill and have a good time. You rarely feel the same amount of tension in F13 that you do in DBD.

”The killer doesn’t even kill.” Well there is offerings for that called a mori. I get it, F13 is superior kill wise...I won’t disagree with that. It is a lore that the killer have to please the Entity, although it doesn’t make much sense for licensed killers such as Myers and Freddy. There is a lot of different factors however. In DBD the killer is faster than the survivors, but the survivors have unlimited stamina. In F13 Jason is a slug but the counselors have limited stamina and Jason can morph and shift around the map. DBD it is MUCH easier to get caught, but you basically have three lives. F13 you can run around for a while but if you are caught, you’ll probably die. Point is that the games balance out.

Graphic wise F13 is also superior but that is about it. It’s also not THAT much better graphic wise.

DBD is not caught up in an awful lawsuit case and they can keep releasing new content so the life cycle is going to be going strong for a while.

You can ALWAYS pick to either play killer or survivor while F13 is a RNG on who will get picked.

This isn’t a bash to F13, but I’m burned out...I’ve been playing for the longest time and I started DBD and it was a fresh experience and a new game to my eyes. DBD keeps me interested because it has more variety, you can easily get burned out on both games however. I’ve loved F13 since the beginning and I’ll always have very fond memories of it moreso than DBD.

I didn’t want to like DBD at first either but you guys should at least try it out and find out whether you really like it or not.

DBD and F13 are similar but also not that similar. Like what you like and make valid points, but don’t bash one game to uplift another.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

New killer, new survivor skin, 6 new perks, new cosmetics. Sounds better than no content at all. 

@DasMurich EXACTLY!!! But ya know “hooks and gens” 

@TheHansonGoons I think I played with you before.

On F13 or DbD?? Are you on Xbox? I feel like I do remember you, but its been a while

35 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

On F13 or DbD?? Are you on Xbox? I feel like I do remember you, but its been a while

Hmm, you invited me a few times on Xbox for 13, and I remember your username in DBD.