19 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

It is not a matter of right or wrong. It is about the most effective way to play as counselor, and the most excitement you can get out of a match.

If you don’t see Jason for most of it because you have to traverse huge sections of random areas where he will not be - since he is always patrolling objectives instead - then how can that be anything other than a boring experience? Honestly who is actually trying to stealth around hoping they don’t run into Jason these days? 

And if you are not afraid of Jason, because you are confident and experienced in your abilities as counselor, then how can tension be a factor in your gameplay? Certainly not just from simply jogging around a map. 

Attention span again has nothing to do with it, and the way you have explained it communicates to me that perhaps you haven’t played the game enough or advanced enough as a player to understand these points.

I have advanced just fine, and enjoy the game quite a bit both side of gameplay Jasons and Counselors .....I just don’t have boring experiences transvering from one side of the map to the other.... I still enjoy the immersion process... 

I don’t have the attention span of a gnat.

what you believe is the most effective way to play as a counselor is not how everyone can play the game.

what is the most exciting way to play may not be to others.

I am a believer of play however you want as long as you enjoy yourself....and are not a burden on others by trolling.....

combat is important not the most important.

There is nothing wrong with players who Concentrate on combat..... however these are not the people who should be complaining about a maps size or “tree simulator / drawer simulator “ since they are all about confronting Jason and fight him...just make your way to an objective you will then run into him and fight to your hearts content.......

the map is large and creates variety between all the Packanak smalls we have to deal with.... I enjoy all of them and appreciate what the developers were going for.....

you are not right all the time even though you think you are.

21 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

you are not right all the time even though you think you are.

Again, not a matter of right or wrong. I’m not telling anyone who enjoys those maps that they are wrong to enjoy them after all.   

I’m simply defending my point of view why I think they are poorly designed, and that immersion / tension is irrelevant for experienced players - and not a good reason to unnecessarily expand a map and isolate players to the point of boredom.

No one skilled is stealthing around immersed and afraid of running into Jason, I can definitely tell you that. It is something that was common only around release, and it is a shame that the devs based the pacing of the extra maps on that. Simply a lack of foresight and poor judgement.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Again, not a matter of right or wrong. I’m not telling anyone who enjoys those maps that they are wrong to enjoy them after all.   

I’m simply defending my point of view why I think they are poorly designed, and that immersion / tension is irrelevant for experienced players - and not a good reason to unnecessarily expand a map and isolate players to the point of boredom.

No one skilled is stealthing around immersed and afraid of running into Jason, I can definitely tell you that.

Fair enough... you think they are poorly designed because of the way you play the game and how you get enjoyment out of it.

I think they provide variety when compared to the others.....

and being immersed by atmosphere doesn’t mean afraid of Jason.... just that it creates the slasher movie setting and mood. 

18 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Fair enough... you thing they are poor designed because of the way you play the game and how you get enjoyment out of it.

Well I actually think I am part of the majority on this one. Not that it matters to me whatsoever, but it is a strong reason why you rarely see those maps chosen.

I don’t think it entirely has to do with playstyle or how someone enjoys the game either. Those who don’t get bored, usually get frustrated because of empty cabins and finding parts a full map away from the objective. Until they finally get tunneled and either win by timeout or die.

A slow counselor needn’t even bother moving from the sector they spawned in, since all other sectors will probably be looted by the time they get there. So it is often just travelling large distances for nothing, and really undermines any counselor who isn’t mobility-prioritised. I would call that inherently imbalanced.

18 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

and being immersed by atmosphere doesn’t mean afraid of Jason.... just that if creates the slasher movie setting and mood. 

You can have that exact same setting and mood without needlessly blowing up the size of a map and separating players. Devs tried to increase tension by increasing isolation, when not only was that unnecessary, but came with many negatives as a result.

Anyway it’s not a bad discussion but I think I’ve said all I wanted now.

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Jennymyers1984 facts are still rooted in a biased opinion.

more content for a more simplistic designed game doesn’t = better. It may be to him/her but not everyone.

I am not trying to convince others a to not play DBD if you like it play it....

just refuse to be told a game that I have played and don’t like as much is better than the one I do like better..... since that is all a matter of opinion.

I don’t have a biased toward either game. I like F13 but you have to realize the faults in it and realize what DBD does better. Same goes vice versa on what F13 does better than DBD. Neither game does EVERYTHING better than the other. If I gave my “biased opinion” it would look like “F13 is trash and DBD is the superior game”. I never once stated that either game was BETTER then the other but listed the faults in each game. What game DO I actually like better changes with time. It used to be F13 but I play DBD more often now then I do F13. Never did the words slip out of my mouth that either game was “better” than the others. I only state facts and leave my opinion out of it when it comes to criticizing games.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I don’t have a biased toward either game. I like F13 but you have to realize the faults in it and realize what DBD does better. Same goes vice versa on what F13 does better than DBD. Neither game does EVERYTHING better than the other.

DBD is not the same type of game as F13th tho..

F13th..   Nails the Most important aspect of a Slasher Movie based game.  the KILLS.

While DBD treats KILLS as an after thought.

Its not even fair to actually compare the two because they are not the same style of game.   So when you say DBD does things better, you have to understand that from my perspective it does nothing better that actually matters.

DBD does have a better (or a more dragged out) progression system.  But in a game like F13th, the least important thing in the world is a progression system.

For me.. Its like this.  These are the most important things.

1.) Kills.

2.) Blood and Gore

3.) Visuals (And being authentic to the source material

4.) Sound and Music (And being authentic to the source material)

^This is why i prefer F13th of DBD.   Because when it comes to DBD, all those things i listed seems to be at the bottom of the list for the DBD game devs and the people who enjoy DBD over F13th.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:01 AM, JennyMyers1984 said:

Why would a dude in a hockey mask scare me?

okCcOAW.png

Just look at that dude! He stares his rage into your Soul!

You think a hockey mask is scary and I think the emotionless white face is scary. I don't really think the hockey mask is scary but Jason's look Overall compared to Myers is a clear win for me.

Never found the hockey mask to be scary in the slightest bit, the sackhead was spookier than the hockey mask. Even though got a glimpse of Myers under the mask, it was for a split second. They protected his character much more than Jason. Jason just look straight up goofy without his mask. Part 6, and 7 are the only ones that could really considered “scary” all the rest are goofy looking. ESPECIALLY Part 3 and Part 8......I actually think he is cute in Part III....and kinda in  Part VIII.....

Ghostface from Scream did however. Yeah , I definitely agree with you here.

Laurie is the OG final character. Beat Myers on multiple occasions and was a badass in every movie she was in. Tommy is a badass as well but Laurie is just a better character all round in my opinion.

I know I am weird to think he is cute in Part III but I am generally a weird Person....and I really like Jason.

I was going to say, doesn't this come around the time of Last Year's beta release? Although the previous announcement suggested summer/August, it sounds like they are still tinkering with it. It makes more sense anyway to schedule release after all of the dust here settles.

Ok, I'm a big fan of f13, been playing it since release day on ps4, not everyday of course but I played it quite a lot.

Been lvl 150 for 4 months now, and have all tapes etc.

I had my eye on dbd because it "seems" like a similar game, some of my friends are playing it a lot.

I watched them play, and also watched some yt vids, and was not impressed so I stuck to f13.

Now when it's free on ps4 I had to try it, free game is free game right.

So after playing the tutorial for survivor and killer, and read through all the text tutorials I started my first match.

Wow, that was boring asf.

I kept on playing, match after match for 4-5 hours, and it didn't get more interesting.

Sure, I'm a n00b at the game, and maybe it will be more fun when (if) I get more experience, but right now I doubt it.

A good game pulls new players in so they want to continue playing, dbd did not.

If I had payed money for it I would play so I could get something back for my cash, but now, no.

Maybe I'll log in tomorrow and try another couple of matches, but seriously I'm not looking forward to it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jollythecat said:

So after playing the tutorial for survivor and killer, and read through all the text tutorials I started my first match.

Wow, that was boring asf.

Playing as the killer in dbd is tedious and anti climatic.

Survivor has its moments, it does get intense when getting chased.  But that generator shit drives me insane.

Just thinking about all the hours the hardcore dbd players have spent kneeling 4 generators...HOW did they not lose their damn minds.???

Fixing generators and hooking up people on hooks? Never felt like a slasher movie for me. I won't even bother trying it. If the F-13 playerbase was to vanish tomorrow or servers were shut down - I'm more than happy with challenges (my favourite part of the game) and to a lesser extent, bots.  

• Like 3

On 8/1/2018 at 7:51 PM, ShaunAburame said:

I don't even get the point of DBD's DLC. The standard game, you run around slashing people till they are dead, then drag them to a spot and hang them on a hook.

Then they announce OMG Michael Myers and Freddy! Gameplay, you run around slashing people till they are dead, then drag them to a spot and hang them on a hook.

dont think i could sum my issues with dbd up any better at all. f13 hasnt had true content updates for ages, and has only one killer, is buggy as shit and wont recieve any more content updates and still remains on top in my opinion. again, the casuals may leave for free dbd but the actual slasher fans and f13 fans will stay with this game forever or atleast until someone releases a better slasher game. and those people really matter.

• Like 3

As artificial as it may be, I think the game still has its own merits with new content so I generally take it on consignment as something worth striving for. F13 is the better game by virtue of the fact that you have more in-game options be it counselor or Jason, but at least with DbD you do get a new reason to continue grinding at the end of it all. 

After playing DBD for a few hours I can't see how people think this is better then F13. F13 maybe be a glitchfest but its at least fun to play. Having to continuously hook people up instead of performing brutal kills gets boring super fast. Also this game UGLY as fuck to look at. 

The gameplay in Friday The 13th is way better than DBD gameplay. I've seen people playing DBD and it's very Boring to even watch.  Haven't play it myself but the Gameplay just doesn't cut it.  Friday The 13th The Game was the way to go with Gameplay.  Only thing I wished was we should of had Offline Bots as Counselors as well so we could play as Them and learn there controls and also for when those Pesky Servers get Shut down we could still play the Counselors Offline Bots. But Sadly it doesn't have that Mode.  Aww!

7 minutes ago, DCS said:

The gameplay in Friday The 13th is way better than DBD gameplay. I've seen people playing DBD and it's very Boring to even watch.  Haven't play it myself but the Gameplay just doesn't cut it.  Friday The 13th The Game was the way to go with Gameplay.  Only thing I wished was we should of had Offline Bots as Counselors as well so we could play as Them and learn there controls and also for when those Pesky Servers get Shut down we could still play the Counselors Offline Bots. But Sadly it doesn't have that Mode.  Aww!

Lol "haven't played it myself"...

Thanks for the expert opinion and insight.

/s

2 hours ago, malloymk said:

/s

Um, you do know places like Youtube, Twitch, Mixer, and many other places where you can watch thousands of hours of boring DBD gameplay exists, right? Your sarcasm became invalid they day the internet was conceived.

2 hours ago, Crispen_Glover said:

After playing DBD for a few hours I can't see how people think this is better then F13. F13 maybe be a glitchfest but its at least fun to play. Having to continuously hook people up instead of performing brutal kills gets boring super fast. Also this game UGLY as fuck to look at. 

DbD works. No game breaking bugs. Bugs get fixed quickly. Meaningful progression system. And while the core gameplay is more restricted and arcadey, it's also more polished and feels like a game worthy of release. F13 has felt like a very early Early Access game at all times and is actually worse now than it was half a year ago.

I preferred the core gameplay of F13 as well, and all the things you could do, in spite of how clunky it was, but people are going to choose the game that actually works. Oh, and that game is sold at half the price too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ShaunAburame said:

Um, you do know places like Youtube, Twitch, Mixer, and many other places where you can watch thousands of hours of boring DBD gameplay exists, right? Your sarcasm became invalid they day the internet was conceived.

Many things look boring that are not actually boring.

Until you've actually played the game the only value your opinion has is for a good laugh.

16 hours ago, malloymk said:

/s

If you watch it and find it boring as hell , you should of Course not buy the game. That's just a dumb move.

And don't get me wrong , I like watching Ohmwrecker playing DbD but for me , it will never be better than F13. The onliest issue in this game are the Bugs and they never affected me much , so this game is the clear winner by faaaaaar.

6 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

If you watch it and find it boring as hell , you should of Course not buy the game. That's just a dumb move.

And don't get me wrong , I like watching Ohmwrecker playing DbD but for me , it will never be better than F13. The onliest issue in this game are the Bugs and they never affected me much , so this game is the clear winner by faaaaaar.

I play both. If you would have asked me in December I would have said F13 is better.

Right now, lulz not even close. F13 is a trash bag. DBD is fun to me. Though aesthetics aren't a big deal to me.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

DbD works. No game breaking bugs. Bugs get fixed quickly. Meaningful progression system. And while the core gameplay is more restricted and arcadey, it's also more polished and feels like a game worthy of release. F13 has felt like a very early Early Access game at all times and is actually worse now than it was half a year ago.

I preferred the core gameplay of F13 as well, and all the things you could do, in spite of how clunky it was, but people are going to choose the game that actually works. Oh, and that game is sold at half the price too.

like I said, F13 maybe more unpolished and gltchy

but the core gameplay is leagues better then DBD

also I hate the atmosphere and aesthetic of it. Uninspired grungy edgelord horror, wheres F13 perfectly captures that fun 80s slasher vibe.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, malloymk said:

I play both. If you would have asked me in December I would have said F13 is better.

Right now, lulz not even close. F13 is a trash bag. DBD is fun to me. Though aesthetics aren't a big deal to me.

Trying to convince someone that DBD is a good game, when they dislike every apect of it.. Is like trying to convince a straight guy that BJs are fun to give to another dude.  Its just not gonna happen..Unless you're into it.

Theres nothing fun about DBD to me., No matter how many times a  i look at it and play it. Its looks like a game made in 2008. And the core game play is hooks and gerators.  While F13th looks recent and authentic.. And its core game play is murder and survival.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Trying to convince someone that DBD is a good game, when they dislike every apect of it.. Is like trying to convince a straight guy that BJs are fun to give to another dude.  Its just not gonna happen..Unless you're into it.

Theres nothing fun about DBD to me., No matter how many times a  i look at it and play it. Its looks like a game made in 2008. And the core game play is hooks and gerators.  While F13th looks recent and authentic.. And its core game play is murder and survival.

I'm not trying to convince anyone to like DBD.

Fun fact: I don't give a shit what you f13 nuthuggers think of the game. I guess I hope you enjoy it...

F13 in the state it is in now is mediocre. That's just my opinion. Obviously you don't have to agree with me.

But this thread is about DBD releasing for free on psn, and as someone that enjoys DBD, I'm going to feel free to post about it.

• Thanks 1

Dead by Daylight is growing on me. I mostly play survivor and sprinkle in killer every now and then. Friday the 13th is more fun in some regards but I am enjoying the steady stream of consistent gameplay and not having bugs, glitches and crashed every time I play. So glad this game was free with Plus because I have always been on the fence about it but now I can play it as much as I want.

• Thanks 1