deathbat96777

My Retirement from This Game

As I'm sure some of you have probably noticed, my attitude towards Gun Media has slowly but surely grown more and more sour as time has went on. Up until recently, I was very supportive even after all the letdowns, but no more. Because of how glitchy and broken this game is, and because of the fact it takes me four hours tops just to get a few games in because of how often I get kicked, I'm officially divorcing myself from this game, as I have uninstalled it as of three days ago. I'm still going to be a part of this community, however. I want to stay in touch with you guys and potentially play against you on other games if so desired, but my relationship with the game itself is done. I will no longer post in general discussion or suggestions and from now on am going to dwell solely in the off topic and all things horror sections.

Thanks,

Dylan

• Like 1

Every day another person walks away. It is sad really but when the game is in the state it is in and the devs go radio silent you can't really expect people to stick around

I'll still be on here in the off topic section, just won't be talking about the game and I won't ever be re-installing it on PS4. Just isn't worth it.

On 7/31/2018 at 9:18 AM, deathbat96777 said:

As I'm sure some of you have probably noticed, my attitude towards Gun Media has slowly but surely grown more and more sour as time has went on. Up until recently, I was very supportive even after all the letdowns, but no more. Because of how glitchy and broken this game is, and because of the fact it takes me four hours tops just to get a few games in because of how often I get kicked, I'm officially divorcing myself from this game, as I have uninstalled it as of three days ago. I'm still going to be a part of this community, however. I want to stay in touch with you guys and potentially play against you on other games if so desired, but my relationship with the game itself is done. I will no longer post in general discussion or suggestions and from now on am going to dwell solely in the off topic and all things horror sections.

Thanks,

Dylan

I feel you. I come back every week just to see if anything good is happening but after hearing “No future content” the forums became boring, and the game is still a mess. 

On 7/31/2018 at 12:18 PM, deathbat96777 said:

Thanks,

Dylan

At least you aren't jumping ship completely. ?

On 7/31/2018 at 4:06 PM, ShaunAburame said:

There is only one reason why the developers would stay so quiet. They want the game to fail, so they can drop all contact with the game, and not even have to deal with the bugs.

They collected their profits from initial sales...now it's time to take the money and run.

They still have a tad bit of money to make with their product releasing next month, and then they may be done.

6 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

I feel you. I come back every week just to see if anything good is happening but after hearing “No future content” the forums became boring, and the game is still a mess. 

The forums just aren't the same. So much hostility and hopelessness these days.

• Like 2

You CAN’T QUIT until you get 1000 Jason games and 1313 kills!

Not allowed!

There’s no easy way out!

There’s no short-cut home!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

You CAN’T QUIT until you get 1000 Jason games and 1313 kills!

Not allowed!

There’s no easy way out!

There’s no short-cut home!!!

You'd make an awesome mentoring coach.

• Haha 1

I'm contemplating starting to play Dead by Daylight since it's free for PS Plus users. I'm going to get the Michael Myers DLC if I do. Any of you guys play it?

I have it on Steam and will obviously pick it up for PS+. TBH I think the killers are a bit of let down because even the licensed ones lack a certain kind of 'flare', by which I mean the fact Mike has only one kill which is very bland. That or I got too used to the over-the-top and well-crafted kills of this game. 

It's not bad by any means but can be kind of tedious from time to time. Plus there's a lot of meta. Sometimes it almost feels more like a homework assignment so yeah, I do believe F13 is a far more casual game by comparison. 

37 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

I'm contemplating starting to play Dead by Daylight since it's free for PS Plus users. I'm going to get the Michael Myers DLC if I do. Any of you guys play it?

i know what you mean man gun media destroyed my favorite character, to many errors that drive me.fucking insane .

i got micheal myers and leatherface on DBD and is cool at the beggining but later you will get so fucking bored you got no special kills and because you have to do the same over and over again , but if the game is free go ahead at least the game don't crash every fucking time 

I had to pay for the Myers and Leatherface DLC, but the game itself is free. It actually doesn't come out on PS Plus until tomorrow, but whenever I go to install it, I already have the DLC I wanted purchased. I also bought Mortal Kombat XL

8 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

I had to pay for the Myers and Leatherface DLC, but the game itself is free. It actually doesn't come out on PS Plus until tomorrow, but whenever I go to install it, I already have the DLC I wanted purchased. I also bought Mortal Kombat XL

Leatherface is just Hillbilly with different perks.

Hillbilly charges up and Sprints kinda (which makes him one of the best) AND downs in one hit. Leatherface too but he doesn't go any faster with the Chainsaw...but you can hit multiple survivors with it...Yeah , the Hillbilly is Pretty much better.

19 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

I have no idea what Hillbilly is, this will be my first time playing the game 

Eh, I think it's kinda foolhardy to purchase DLC before you've played the game in that case but I'm not one to tell someone how to spend their money. I hope you enjoy both.

I don't get why people feel the need to broadcast to everyone ,  what they are going to do . Just  go do it, no  need to  write a post about doing it. If its attention you want ok sure what ever. But for gods sake just do what ever , no one really cares why your bad attitude and out look  have  moved you to what ever action.

5 minutes ago, handzen said:

I don't get why people feel the need to broadcast to everyone ,  what they are going to do . Just  go do it, no  need to  write a post about doing it. If its attention you want ok sure what ever. But for gods sake just do what ever , no one really cares why your bad attitude and out look  have  moved you to what ever action.

Some of us are members of the community, we have friends here. I don’t know you but maybe ?. Don’t go around telling other posters what to do or how to say goodbye to something they love, it isn’t your business. 

You’re a hypocrite by the way, your need to broadcast your opinions, take your own advice. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, handzen said:

Rather than looking at it as being done for attention, you could look at it from the perspective of everyday life. If you were parting ways from a company or high school and you made friends / acquaintances, you'd want to say goodbye or something similar.

@handzenConsidering he is a genuine good dude and probably has friends here and the game, maybe he wants to let them know. Could be to tell the developers that even the most dedicated fans are about done with the game.

You saw the title of the thread, what did you think it would be? Why read and post? You dont have to waste your time if it doesn't suit you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Appreciate the support my dudes, y'all are awesome! I started playing Dead by Daylight and I really enjoy it. If I'm being honest, I really detest the graphic style, it looks too cartoonish to me, but it is a lot of fun to play and I prefer it over Friday the 13th, but not by much. I would still play Friday if it weren't for the bad community relations and poor servers. If you guys want to play me on Dead by Daylight, I should be on some Wednesday and Thursday. Right now I'm trophy hunting on Mortal Kombat XL. I only play as Michael and Leatherface, so expect to get bored of seeing those two killers back and forth over and over in repeat unison if you play me lol

19 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

Appreciate the support my dudes, y'all are awesome! I started playing Dead by Daylight and I really enjoy it. If I'm being honest, I really detest the graphic style, it looks too cartoonish to me, but it is a lot of fun to play and I prefer it over Friday the 13th, but not by much. I would still play Friday if it weren't for the bad community relations and poor servers. If you guys want to play me on Dead by Daylight, I should be on some Wednesday and Thursday. Right now I'm trophy hunting on Mortal Kombat XL. I only play as Michael and Leatherface, so expect to get bored of seeing those two killers back and forth over and over in repeat unison if you play me lol

I have said this a few times, the objectives in F13 are much better. 8 player is better. The kills are better. 

DbD is the better game currently. Games dont drop. No dashboard errors. The level progression system and rank system are superior. If someone quits, you get extra experience as the killer instead of lack of progress and ripped off.  Dont have to hear the trolls. Its not bad.