OneSneakyBoi

Any idea on when we can be seeing the next bug fix patch?

14 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Thanks for taking the time regardless, also you may not have considered it so I’ll just throw it out there, you don’t always have to be sharing something directly about the game, you can post lots of different things, I was hoping for something from the con, some of you were at it and the only pictures on the forum of Kane in the Savini and Retro Jason were from us community members. 

It was definitely part of the plans for that weekend, but my unexpectedly last minute travel left me unable to get a hold of anyone from the office in time to shift my responsibilities onto them for the weekend.

14 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

While I do think you have your work cut out for you if you would like to repair the community at this point it is still possible. The art Wes posted was good, it gave people a reason to come on the forum, could we maybe get some more?

We have plenty of things that we could show, most are directly related to, or are, in game content that can't be released. We would love to show people, but at the same time it seems like a really dickish thing to do. The inadvertent showcasing of unreleased kills in the Slasher Edition trailer caused quite a negative stir, so it's probably best to hold off on sharing things like that and then we can reassess later.

10 minutes ago, Quinn FTW said:

I'm just glad to see you're still around. Rumors of staff reduction and/or people abandoning ship have been making the rounds.

We're still here. We're still working. I know that answer sucks when we're being quiet, and you guys just want some info, but I don't yet have enough to be confident posting what will be fixed, how it will be fixed, or when, especially when there's 4 big ticket items everyone is wanting (Party Fix, Join as Spectator, Dedicated Servers, and local saves). 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We have plenty of things that we could show, most are directly related to, or are, in game content that can't be released. We would love to show people, but at the same time it seems like a really dickish thing to do. The inadvertent showcasing of unreleased kills in the Slasher Edition trailer caused quite a negative stir, so it's probably best to hold off on sharing things like that and then we can reassess later.

I can't understand why people hate seeing content that we'll never get. In my opinion, I prefer seeing something new that could have been part of the game than seeing nothing new at all. It would make me happy to see what you guys have more made and how more great the game could have been. It's understandable that you won't show us by that reason, but I just can't understand that reaction of some people.

15 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

There's 4 big ticket items everyone is wanting (Party Fix, Join as Spectator, Dedicated Servers, and local saves). 

The party fix is crucial. People I know aren't even playing anymore because of this.

Dedicated servers has been a "big ticket" want since launch. I don't even play on consoles, but even I know how much people are still dying for this.

Local Saves will be a boon, especially if this game is going to endure the inevitable server shutdowns.

Join as Spectator - I am not as familiar with this. Does this mean join a game in progress as a spectator if the lobby has space? Or that you can watch a match in progress without joining the party/lobby?

It’s only on PC, but there are players that join lobbies before a match, ready up, and basically spawn in dead and in spectator mode and don’t get a chance to play. I think it’s worse than splitting parties, but they are both super annoying for PC players. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Context matters in how people react to things, not being pushy about it but look how the pictures were received by most of us, the contrast between the two should give you an idea of how it can be done and not be received as wholly negative. 

One more question, so will you be putting up anything from the con this week, don’t mean to make work for you but it would help us change the conversation for a couple of days?

edit - hell this open dialog has already done good.

9 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

It’s only on PC, but there are players that join lobbies before a match, ready up, and basically spawn in dead and in spectator mode and don’t get a chance to play. I think it’s worse than splitting parties, but they are both super annoying for PC players. 

Thanks.

2 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Not just yet, but the team is working on a few high priority issues that I'm waiting to be able to talk about.

sweet, thanks for responding man

I read Shft posts and think maybe game has lots of issue? I see Slash edition on Amazon and look up on YouTube. Game look great but Shfts post seem very bug

29 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I think not being able to have a Party is much more annoying. 

I can see that, but (just from my personal perspective) I would rather be able to play, even if I get kicked from my friend's group and be able to play than to be put into spectator mode.

1 hour ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We have plenty of things that we could show, most are directly related to, or are, in game content that can't be released. We would love to show people, but at the same time it seems like a really dickish thing to do.

It's comments like this that, even if not meaning to, keep me hopeful for the SUPER-DUPER UNLIKELY possibility of continued content in the future (obviously knowing the whole deal with the lawsuit, Wes' premature comment (how I see it) on no future content, and the dwindling confidence by the players).  It's a 99% pessimistic view (or reality) in my mind, holding the life support "plug" of that remaining 1%, but anything could happen, that's why I haven't written off the game or devs juuuust yet.  Less playing and forum visiting until worthwhile improvements are made, but not complete dismissal. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I can see that, but (just from my personal perspective) I would rather be able to play, even if I get kicked from my friend's group and be able to play than to be put into spectator mode. 

Yeah , I understand you.

The inadvertent showcasing of unreleased kills in the Slasher Edition trailer caused quite a negative stir, so it's probably best to hold off on sharing things like that and then we can reassess later.

Fair point, but the issue from the slasher edition leak had more to do with the statement of "no new content" being directly contradicted by something that came outside an official announcement.  In hindsight, it's easy to understand how the mixup occurred, but a fairly substantial disclaimer in front of a spoiler thread for the unreleased content (sometime after USE is released) would probably go a long way.

I agree with the cautious approach to spoiling unreleased content, but just having an inkling of when we may expect it is going preferable to the obfuscated answer above, which mirrors the communication when questions related to dedicated servers arise.  I'm not trying to be snide or inflammatory, it's just the way that I'm perceiving it.

• Like 2

Hey @ShiftySamurai are we not doing known issues posts anymore on the forum ....it may help resolve some frustration when we know you know about the issues we are talking about on the forums.

also I know you mentioned the big 4 ticket items everyone wants and I hope to hear good things soon.

but there have been great ideas posted on the forums that don’t require new content and would add a new refreshing polish to the game.

combat adjustments....

allowing Jason and Counselors to block out of combat stance.

Allowing Jasons to hear their specific chase themes as they are much better than the chase theme he currently hears especially in offline mode.

the interaction lock that happens when repairing objectives or striking Jason.

audio and lighting issues throughout all maps....

this is just a small list that we all want looked at or think will improve the game.

......thanks for the communication.

I disagree. If you get killed and just have to watch can be annoying, but at least you are still in your group in the lobby. Spectator issue is not NEARLY as bad as not being about to join a lobby as a group. Spectator bug takes far less time to get around compared to grouping, leaving to regroup because someone didn't get in, but then having to leave again and repeat... unless other random people join the lobby and take up your friend's slot. You are just wrong. Grouping issues should take priority over Spectator bug.

1 hour ago, Frumpy The Clown said:

I disagree. If you get killed and just have to watch can be annoying, but at least you are still in your group in the lobby. Spectator issue is not NEARLY as bad as not being about to join a lobby as a group. Spectator bug takes far less time to get around compared to grouping, leaving to regroup because someone didn't get in, but then having to leave again and repeat... unless other random people join the lobby and take up your friend's slot. You are just wrong. Grouping issues should take priority over Spectator bug.

Dude , he is just having a different opinion , lol. Nobody said if this or that is getting prioritized...but you brought up good Points.

Not sure if I'm right about this, but I think that the reason the devs won't be releasing more content to the game, even if the lawsuit gets solved, is that they propably won't continue to pay for the franchise, and thus aren't allowed to do more f13 related stuff. This is just me thinking loud, and may be completely wrong.

6 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

That a shame people are reacting like that. I personally loved seeing the art Wes posted, and would love to see more of the unreleased content in one form or another.

3 hours ago, Frumpy The Clown said:

You are just wrong. Grouping issues should take priority over Spectator bug.

I listed it as my opinion. We don’t set priorities based solely on my opinion. :D

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

That a shame people are reacting like that. I personally loved seeing the art Wes posted, and would love to see more of the unreleased content in one form or another.

It’s definitely a possibility, but if it happens it won’t be in the near future. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

It's better to be able to play period, even if it isn't under the ideal circumstances.

6 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

Less playing and forum visiting until worthwhile improvements are made, but not complete dismissal. 

Taking a break from the forums for a bit does allow one to de-stress.

14 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I listed it as my opinion. We don’t set priorities based solely on my opinion. :D

It’s definitely a possibility, but if it happens it won’t be in the near future. 

It would be nice to see some more of the art, when your team has the time to do so. No rush.

29 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

And that is a good thing. Opinions can be wrong too. But we differ on opinions. That is fine.

On a side note, THIS, you talking with us is what we need. Just popping in to say hi and respond more often is what this community needs. I understand that you can't post any official updates unless you have the FACTS but just say hi and even an obligator "they're still hard at work" goes a long way FORWARD instead of just crickets

34 minutes ago, Frumpy The Clown said:

On a side note, THIS, you talking with us is what we need. Just popping in to say hi and respond more often is what this community needs. I understand that you can't post any official updates unless you have the FACTS but just say hi and even an obligator "they're still hard at work" goes a long way FORWARD instead of just crickets

Yeah , it felt really good to hear something again.

15 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Not just yet, but the team is working on a few high priority issues that I'm waiting to be able to talk about.

Very good. 

What in the actual.....

Waiting eternally on an actual bug fix that doesn't break the game in some other fashion....

Have not been able to hear players on their mics for months now and tried everything I've come across to no avail....

Still waiting on the next patch and today, having changed absolutely nothing, I can hear players on their mics.

• Like 1