Sign in to follow this  
Cer1alkill3r

Project Méliès (new gun media game)

Based off your experience with this game is anyone interested in buying this game at all? The name is enough of a painful memory of this game for me to make my decision. Me lies. No thank you. 

What the hell kind of name for a game is that?

You know how you avoid movies with weird ass titles? I immediately got that vibe when I read GUN's title.

Game's being made by Bloober Team who were responsible for Layers of Fear and Observer. IDK, I'm withholding judgement. Certainly not going to rush out to get it, at any rate.

20 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

That was an awesome movie title. I mean more like "Mortdecai"...that Depp movie bombed simply because of the movie title.  I, and admit it, you...had no interest in seeing a movie called Mortdecai.

And that's the vibe I get when I see their weird ass game title. They might as well named it Project Mortdecai.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ShaunAburame said:

admit it, you...had no interest in seeing a movie called Mortdecai.

No, I had no interest in a Johnny Depp film.  It could have been called "Thrawn: a Star Wars Story" and I would have taken a hard pass if he was the headliner.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

No, I had no interest in a Johnny Depp film.  It could have been called "Thrawn: a Star Wars Story" and I would have taken a hard pass if he was the headliner.

The only Johnny Depp film it's acceptable to admit to liking is "A Nightmare on Elm Street". We all know this is true.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

The only Johnny Depp film it's acceptable to admit to liking is "A Nightmare on Elm Street". We all know this is true.

MerrySoftAmericanriverotter-size_restric

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

MerrySoftAmericanriverotter-size_restric

Okay. Let's revise the list then......

1)A Nightmare on Elm Street

2) Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas

3)Rango

THAT'S IT!! No more!!

• Like 1

How this game will go:

• Beautiful, flawless beta
  • Delayed release
  • Kickstarter with astronomically ridiculous stretch goals
  • Game unfinished and broken on launch
  • Great DLC, but with a myriad of game breaking glitches
  • Hot fixes and huge bug patches that don't actually fix anything
  • "We have new and exciting ideas for another project. Due to all the resources and finances we need at our disposal, we're shutting down further support for this title outside of bug fixes."
  • Lather, rinse, and repeat
  • Like 3

Pretty sad that GUN actually said they stopped developement because it would be '"bad business" to move forward with this game...um, okay GUN...what about the other 90% of bad business you are pulling right now?

PC gameplay seems really bad right now, even worse off than consoles...with no word from you? No word on fixes for all? Still no artbook or soundtrack for the people waiting possibly years, since your Kickstarter began?

So GUN...since pretty much EVERYTHING you are currently doing right now is considered bad business, we can now assume you lied when you brought up bad business practices as an excuse to halt the game?

You know GUN...I would have loved to have said "GUN Media, the people who made the dream F13 game"...but has now been publically overshadowed by "GUN Media, the developement team that promotes bad business practices, seems to make their own  game worse with each patch fix they release, does not communicate with their own fanbase regarding issues that are considered extremely important, and will be forever known as the "Coming Soon" developement team".

Congrats on making that acheivement.

I hope Project Mjspeorng brings you all the success you deserve.

with how gun treats their fans(well i guess more like how they treat f13 fans), no way will i ever buy a project they are involved with again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/31/2018 at 11:55 AM, deathbat96777 said:

How this game will go:

• Beautiful, flawless beta
  • Delayed release
  • Kickstarter with astronomically ridiculous stretch goals
  • Game unfinished and broken on launch
  • Great DLC, but with a myriad of game breaking glitches
  • Hot fixes and huge bug patches that don't actually fix anything
  • "We have new and exciting ideas for another project. Due to all the resources and finances we need at our disposal, we're shutting down further support for this title outside of bug fixes."
  • Lather, rinse, and repeat

deja vu...

On 7/30/2018 at 4:18 PM, BrokenFattHardy said:

3)Rango

THAT'S IT!! No more!!

Really???

blow

edward scissor hands

donnie brasco 

ed wood

dead man

cry baby

platoon

Im not even a depp fan and can keep going if you want

• Like 1

On 7/30/2018 at 4:18 PM, BrokenFattHardy said:

3)Rango

THAT'S IT!! No more!!

He’s had a TON of great films.

But if I can add only one more, add Black Mass in here. He was excellent as Bulger.

17 hours ago, K3ys3r S0z3 said:

Really???

blow

edward scissor hands

donnie brasco 

ed wood

dead man

cry baby

platoon

Im not even a depp fan and can keep going if you want

Should you try to read post not so serious?  My English not so good and I see even that the fat Hardy was making joke.

I love Layers of Fear and Team Bloober. The fact the project titles is based of Georges Melies makes me excited. 

However, I don't think I can support another Gun. project. Teaming up with Limited Run Games again leaves me even more apprehensive.

I dont want another cash crop game that is dead in a year. Or a Breach n Clear. Its clear that Gun. milked this enough to purchase the rights from an actual good developer. Big change from that $160k annual revenue from 2016.