Sign in to follow this  
RustInPeace

Congratulations! You're our next contestant!

Tiffany Cox...

PleasedAjarBoilweevil.gif

If you answered "Yes", then you have just won the Crazy Ralph's Emporium Super Secret Random Lottery!  You have won this exclusive Phantom Phanny Pack, for that extra needed space to keep your survival supplies while on the go.  Now, get out there and... tumblr_o148jsJMu11ujtwzvo1_500.gif

RadiantRealAtlanticblackgoby-max-1mb.gif

Oh... I'm dreadfully sorry... (moment of silence)...  Now, let's find our next contestant, whaddaya say?

d049755b1c4f4499160ef8e6af54c380.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 pk's, firecrackers and a med spray lucky Tiff! Maybe she has some kind of a medic perk for pocket knives that only bots have access to?

Ah offline mode where the counselors kill themselves. Only thing about hard mode is everyone has a pk, spray, and fc. Would not surprise me if they can pick up additional stuff.

Honestly that is why offline mode is boring to me. Want to get knifed 12 times to have them commit suicide by ignoring the unbroken window and repeatedly jumping in/out the broken one.

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Ah offline mode where the counselors kill themselves. Only thing about hard mode is everyone has a pk, spray, and fc. Would not surprise me if they can pick up additional stuff.

They already spawn with additional objective items. Meaning there can be more than 2 batteries and/or gas in the match for example.

Lazy programming to artificially make the bots "harder."

Kinda like how the bots in SP Challenges "see" you and avoid you even when they can't actually see you.  And then sometimes they'll see you through a wall.

• Like 1

Yep. Had a LaChappa install the fuse before I morphed to the phone house. And this is without even staying at the shack to pick up knives.

Silly.

I dont play offline at all. Hard mode is just like qp after the ridiculous patch (fuck loads of everything) only with retarded players...

Thanks for whetting my appetite for this game to be modded into a Running Man game, @RustInPeace.  My second favorite Arnold film after Commando.

Running Man would be an amazing aPVP online game. Just rotate out the Hunter in the each zone; eight players per match; five minutes per zone, maximum time of 40 minutes per match (minus load screens).  To keep players from quitting/leaving after they "die", have each player be guaranteed to be a Hunter once per match, provided there is still prey to chase.  Custom build a Hunter, or use a pre loaded one from the film (Including Captain Freedom!).  At least Double XP for anything accomplished as a Hunter to incentivize players to stay in a match if they die as prey.

Dammit, now I really want this game to become a "thing".  Shit.

On 7/30/2018 at 1:50 PM, Bropollocreed79 said:

Thanks for whetting my appetite for this game to be modded into a Running Man game, @RustInPeace.  My second favorite Arnold film after Commando.

Running Man would be an amazing aPVP online game. Just rotate out the Hunter in the each zone; eight players per match; five minutes per zone, maximum time of 40 minutes per match (minus load screens).  To keep players from quitting/leaving after they "die", have each player be guaranteed to be a Hunter once per match, provided there is still prey to chase.  Custom build a Hunter, or use a pre loaded one from the film (Including Captain Freedom!).  At least Double XP for anything accomplished as a Hunter to incentivize players to stay in a match if they die as prey.

That sounds interesting, I think I would enjoy that. 

• Thanks 1

Surprised someone never did make that into a game. I guess Smash TV took it’s thunder.

This statement calls everything I believed about you into question. I don't know how to move forward after this. Of the collaborations between Arnold and Jesse "The Body" Ventura, you like Running Man better than Predator? You prefer it over either of the first two Terminators?! It tickles you more masterfully than Conan The Barbarian does? You're telling me that if I offered you a copy of Arnold vs The Mafia (Raw Deal), Arnold Pretends That's a Russian Accent (Red Heat), Arnold Digs Around in his Nose (Total Recall), or Running Man, you're picking up Arnold Plays Games in a Yellow Jumpsuit?

Sure, I'll rewatch Running Man before Hercules in New York or The Villain, but I'd still consider True Lies* or Last Action Hero**, first!

That being said, I could see this game restructured as a Running Man adaptation.

*Arnold Plays James Bond

**Arnold Winks At The Camera For Two Hours.

1 hour ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Sure, I'll rewatch Running Man before Hercules in New York or The Villain, but I'd still consider True Lies* or Last Action Hero**, first!

Everything requires context.  The Running Man was the first Arnold movie I saw all the way through (a friend had HBO growing up and parents who didn't care what we watched).  It's the same phenomenon that allows people to claim they enjoyed the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy. 

Predator is the best Arnold movie overall, but there's a difference between the "best film" in his catalog and "my favorite"--the two are not mutually exclusive.

Your list did give me a proper viewing order for the next few weeks at home on the ol' projector while I wait for Infinity War to drop, so, thanks (yes, I have these all on Blu-Ray), but the slam of Last Action Hero is completely over the line, good sir.  It contains probably the most meta interpretation of Arnold ever captured on film, as well as the undisputed single most accurate depiction of Shakespeare's work in it's original context: 

Nobody is going to tell this sweet prince "good night".

Edit: Another example is Peter Jackson.  Nobody would argue that Meet the Feebles is his best film, but it's the one I enjoy the most.

1 hour ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

...but the slam of Last Action Hero is completely over the line, good sir.  It contains probably the most meta interpretation of Arnold ever captured on film...

No slam intended. The phrasing I chose was an intentional acknowledgement of the very rich meta throughout the movie. Last Action Hero is a master class in Arnold Schwarzenegger filmography up to that point and the action genre, itself. It requires an intimate knowledge of his work to fully enjoy. It is delicious.

I'll have to give Meet The Feebles another try. I couldn't finish it in my twenties, and I'm someone who watched Brain Dead/Dead Alive while eating chips and salsa and loved it.

• Like 1