Sign in to follow this  
Brevator

How to Spot a Troll

On 7/28/2018 at 6:16 PM, Brevator said:

It only pulls Jason away from objectives if that Jason is also an idiot. There is no reason to go after the sweater girl until Tommy Jarvis shows up. If I hear mother screaming in the first few mins of the match, I ignore it and continue with objectives. Let them feel safe for awhile. I will kill them eventually.

If I'm Jason and the sweater is stolen, everything else stops and I hunt sweater-girl until she is dead. I don't give a shit how many people escape in the process.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

If I'm Jason and the sweater is stolen, everything else stops and I hunt sweater-girl until she is dead. I don't give a shit how many people escape in the process.

Not really smart to do...if she is good at surviving then you’ll be on that sweater for a looooong time. Not to mention if the car is gone then one of them will come back as Tommy anyways. I understand trying to tunnel sweater girl but don’t lose sight of the objectives in the process because Tommy will be coming back if counselors escape.

46 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Not really smart to do...if she is good at surviving then you’ll be on that sweater for a looooong time. Not to mention if the car is gone then one of them will come back as Tommy anyways. I understand trying to tunnel sweater girl but don’t lose sight of the objectives in the process because Tommy will be coming back if counselors escape.

He'll probably be coming back anyway via intentional suicides (Yes, intentional. Not every counselor that has killed themselves did it on purpose). I'd rather prevent a Jason-kill than a car escape.

To get back to the original point of the thread:

-Whenever somebody on the forum talks about how [something's that obviously trolling] isn't REALLY trolling, it's probably because they're a troll.

-Whenever somebody talks about "missing" TK, or were defending TK when it was allowed, it's probably because they're a troll.

-Whenever somebody talks about how they hate it when people use the term troll, it's probably because they're a troll.

6 minutes ago, AJLeatherman said:

-Whenever somebody on the forum talks about how [something's that obviously trolling] isn't REALLY trolling, it's probably because they're a troll.

-Whenever somebody talks about "missing" TK, or were defending TK when it was allowed, it's probably because they're a troll.

-Whenever somebody talks about how they hate it when people use the term troll, it's probably because they're a troll.

These are all logical points. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, then it's a duck.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AJLeatherman said:

Exactly. And you can really only fight trolling in the game with counter measures. 1 in 5 matches there is obvious teaming and trolling like placing traps and windows and doors. You have to counter this by catching these players off guard with their own medicine. Multiple matches I stepped in traps at windows as someone ran from the cabin. I run Hypochondriac-Medic-Thick Skin so damage doesn’t phase me.

Lo and behold these people and their buddies are always the last left. I usually retrap and find additional traps and trap the same cabin and wait for the trolls to come running with Jason as they step in those same traps until they were murdered. During of course jason never goes after the easy prey, confirmation of their teaming and trolling. It’s unforuante but really the only way

Them not going after easy prey mostly confirms they're teaming. I remember back when team killing was still a thing if I caught somebody attacking another counselor I'd go after and kill the aggressor. One example that comes to mind is when a Buggzy was attacking a Tiffany. I killed Buggzy in that cabin looked at Tiffany a second and walked away (I should point out Tiffany was crippled by that point). I didn't want to take the kill that was handed to me like that. I wanted to give her a fair chance. By no means am I saying that will be the case all the time. But it will be now and then.

The other night I played a match where one of the counselors was actually named F13 Troll (not the screen name verbatim).  I had never seen that before and level 150 to boot.  He was also in cahoots with another player.  Well, it came as no surprise that he ran over every other counselor (his buddy was Jason) with the 2 seater and then escaped.  That was a quick game.  He proceeded to do this in subsequent games until I did something I figured would make them leave .  Is this becoming a new skill?  Is someone teaching a class now (Trolls 101)?  Are people actually proud of themselves and feel like they've accomplished something by pulling this crap?  I did report it.  

12 minutes ago, Soxette said:

The other night I played a match where one of the counselors was actually named F13 Troll (not the screen name verbatim).  I had never seen that before and level 150 to boot.  He was also in cahoots with another player.  Well, it came as no surprise that he ran over every other counselor (his buddy was Jason) with the 2 seater and then escaped.  That was a quick game.  He proceeded to do this in subsequent games until I did something I figured would make them leave .  Is this becoming a new skill?  Is someone teaching a class now (Trolls 101)?  Are people actually proud of themselves and feel like they've accomplished something by pulling this crap?  I did report it.  

Was this on PS4? If so I think I've seen that guy before. Unfortunately people get bored and do stupid shit to entertain themselves. Though with that name he's more likely just an asshole.

4 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Was this on PS4? If so I think I've seen that guy before. Unfortunately people get bored and do stupid shit to entertain themselves. Though with that name he's more likely just an asshole.

Yes, it was.  Sorry I forgot to include that.

I was Jason and two assholes were perched on top of the rocks behind the lodge on Higgins Haven. Apparently you can do this now (on PC). What annoying, childish bullshit.

2 hours ago, Dolemite said:

I was Jason and two assholes were perched on top of the rocks behind the lodge on Higgins Haven. Apparently you can do this now (on PC). What annoying, childish bullshit.

I'm not surprised at this point.

• Like 1