Sign in to follow this  
Brevator

How to Spot a Troll

10 minutes ago, Brevator said:

See here is the thing, this isn't even a pissing contest, you two just walked in here and pulled your little pee-pees out and the rest of are laughing at you and trying to figure out why. 

Um.... Urban Dictionary has a good definition for what this topic has become. 

pissing contest: A pissing contest is any argument that just goes back and forth between two individuals but never gets resolved.

4 minutes ago, Brevator said:

I'll bet that gets a great reaction on the playground at whatever elementary school you attend.

All you can do is belittle other. Your original claim was you were aware of the "Cosby Sweater" and can successfully defend against it.  Tommy is asking you to prove it yourself against him.  Instead you rather insult me, Tommy, or anyone that contradicts your arguments here rather than expose yourself to the possibility of being proven wrong within the very game. 

Anyways, I'm done with you.  I however am now grabbing another bag from the microwave as I continue to watch and shake my head at you in pity.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Um.... Urban Dictionary has a good definition for what this topic has become. 

pissing contest: A pissing contest is any argument that just goes back and forth between two individuals but never gets resolved.

All you can do is belittle other. Your original claim was you were aware of the "Cosby Sweater" and can successfully defend against it.  Tommy is asking you to prove it yourself against him.  Instead you rather insult me, Tommy, or anyone that contradicts your arguments here rather than expose yourself to the possibility of being proven wrong within the very game. 

Anyways, I'm done with you.  I however am now grabbing another bag from the microwave as I continue to watch and shake my head at you in pity.

Cool story. 

Just to calm both your titties, I went ahead and removed #7 from the list, so there's nothing to argue over now. Go grab that sweater as soon as the match starts. Like we said, situation is everything. 

The only thing that's been exposed here is how insecure and easily triggered @Tommy86 is. 

7 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Yeah I don’t really see how “bullying” Jason makes you a troll. It CAN be a legit strategy to get Jason tunneled on you while the others get objectives done. If a player is able to run around and not get caught then why not take the heat off of the others? It all falls on the Jason player, if they take the bait for Vanessa and Tiffany goading them into a chase then it’s the Jason players own fault if objectives get done. You HAVE to prioritize repair counselors and female counselors specifically Deb, AJ, Fox, Victoria, Vanessa, Jenny, and Tiffany in that order if the group seems to be repair oriented. Tiffany will never be able to escape if no objectives are done so she will try to run the clock and Jenny, Vanessa, and Victoria will more then likely also try running the clock. If the group is dead set on killing Jason then Vanessa and Tiffany have to go ASAP. Honestly if Jason and the counselor and both very skilled then it is a toss up on who will win. In my own experience it seems that Vanessa and Deborah are the biggest trolls in the game. I’ve had trouble against many Vanessa and Jenny players, I’m good myself with Tiffany I know her potential but I don’t run into a lot of good Tiffany players.

Point is that people have had bad experiences with a lot of different counselors and assume they are trolls if they start to swing on Jason.

I agree with just about everything said here.   Getting the Jason player frustrated and upset is a winning strategy and unfortunately being Toxic is a VERY good way to accomplish this.  Simply being toxic doesn't make one a troll, however many players does identify that behaviour as so.  Good prioritizing (and Zen! B)) is the making of a Good Jason, but sometimes you will be hit by a double (or triple) whammy despite however good you are.

1 minute ago, GeneiJin said:

I agree with just about everything said here.   Getting the Jason player frustrated and upset is a winning strategy and unfortunately being Toxic is a VERY good way to accomplish this.  Simply being toxic doesn't make one a troll, however many players does identify that behaviour as so.  Good prioritizing (and Zen! B)) is the making of a Good Jason, but sometimes you will be hit by a double (or triple) whammy despite however good you are.

Situation is everything. 

If you're being toxic to accomplish an overall goal (i.e. distracting Jason so others can escape), fine. But if no one else is benefiting from it, then you're being toxic just for the sake of being toxic. 

Since this is a team-based game, I should think all selfish behavior is considerably trolling. 

But you play however you want, of course. 

45 minutes ago, Brevator said:

Situation is everything. 

If you're being toxic to accomplish an overall goal (i.e. distracting Jason so others can escape), fine. But if no one else is benefiting from it, then you're being toxic just for the sake of being toxic. 

Since this is a team-based game, I should think all selfish behavior is considerably trolling. 

If someone wanna just piss off Jason with no intent of helping others, just eating up his time will indirectly help other counselors regardless.  This is not a team-based game, this is a survival game.  While team-play is the more consistent strategy to ensure the survival of majority of the lobby, leaving alone in the 4-seater is still a "legit" play within the spirit of the game.  Sure it's a dick move, but stopping for other players increases the risk of Jason stopping it.  If the player is not good at driving and prioritizes his own survival over others, then that's how he chooses to play the game and certainly not troll..... but he sure is a dick.

15 minutes ago, Brevator said:

Situation is everything. 

Speaking of situational trolling, I play with Luckisforlosers. He's @hu_soldier13  on here and I gotta say he has saved my ass with snarky comments and timely stuns on many occasions. I've snuck by an unsuspecting Jason as Mitch on many occasions because big J was so focused on killing that Cobra Kia Chad with the big mouth. Some players can really use "trolling" to benefit the team. Matter of fact, we had a guy come from Facebook saying he was gonna own our team. Kill us all, and he was streaming it too. We've been playing together for months, but ok. Challenge accepted! Myself and a friend escaped in the boat by the 2 minute mark, as I waited to get Tommy I watched Luck beat this poor guy in the middle of the road for about 2 mins as the cops were called and the 4 seater started. I came back as Tommy as everyone left, I escaped by the cops solo on him. All set-up by that Chad keeping him pissed off and busy.

Edited by Redrum138
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

If wanna just piss off Jason with no intent of helping others, just eating up his time will indirectly help other counselors regardless.  This is not a team-based game, this is a survival game.  While team-play is the more consistent strategy to ensure the survival of majority of the lobby, leaving alone in the 4-seater is still a "legit" play within the spirit of the game.  Sure it's a dick move, but stopping for other players increases the risk of Jason stopping it.  If the player is not good at driving and prioritizes his own survival over others, then it's how he chooses to play the game and certainly not troll..... but he sure is a dick.

And what if that Person is the onliest one alive?

1 minute ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Insulting and being an asshole is not fine.

Many players "play to win", and if that is an effective strategy, they will use it.  You play Jason, you will come across it, the only thing you can do is have thick-skin (not the perk :P) and not have it effect you.  Be Zen!

Just now, GeneiJin said:

Many players "play to win", and if that is an effective strategy, they will use it.  You play Jason, you will come across it, the only thing you can do is have thick-skin (not the perk :P) and not have it effect you.  Be Zen!

If they are getting killed , it is not Right. It's just plain toxicity.

But I like to grin About it.

6 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

If they are getting killed , it is not Right. It's just plain toxicity.

But I like to grin About it.

I really don't think of behaviour as "Toxic".  The shit that happens in the FGC is way more savage but I've never seen the word "Toxic" being thrown around as much until I entered this community.   Personally I think people need to stop being "snowflakes" and just man up.  People is going to insult you or try humiliate you, all you can do is expect it and prepare yourself to stomp them out with solid play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GeneiJin said:

I really don't think of behaviour as "Toxic".  The shit that happens in the FGC is way more savage but I've never seen "Toxic" being thrown around as much until I entered this community.   Personally I think people need to stop being "snowflakes" and just man up.  People is going to insult you or try humiliate you, all you can do is expect it and prepare yourself to stomp them out with solid play.

It's still not reasonable to behave like an asshole.

Also , when I looked up FGC...….It said….Frankfurter Golf Club....If I hadn't gone to the toilet , I would have literally pissed from laughing.

1 minute ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Also , when I looked up FGC...….It said….Frankfurter Golf Club....If I hadn't gone to the toilet , I would have literally pissed from laughing.

Fighting Game Community, lol!

4 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I don't deal with "how I think this world should be"  but "how this world is".  Assholes exists.... deal with it.

4 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Haha, you knew I meant Fighting Game Community.

• Thanks 1

Well this devolved quickly. As to people bully Jason, yes it's a legit strategy. There's a fine line between using this as a strategy and being a dick but it's there. Really the only bullying I can't condone is if the Jason player is new or the police exit dance party.

58 minutes ago, Brevator said:

Situation is everything. 

Teamwork isn't mandatory is in this game. It's nice to have and it's preferred by some, but you can survive alone if you know what you are doing.

47 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

If someone wanna just piss off Jason with no intent of helping others, just eating up his time will indirectly help other counselors regardless.  This is not a team-based game, this is a survival game.  While team-play is the more consistent strategy to ensure the survival of majority of the lobby, leaving alone in the 4-seater is still a "legit" play within the spirit of the game.  Sure it's a dick move, but stopping for other players increases the risk of Jason stopping it.  If the player is not good at driving and prioritizes his own survival over others, then that's how he chooses to play the game and certainly not troll..... but he sure is a dick.

There is a lot of validity to this statement.

46 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Speaking of situational trolling, I play with Luckisforlosers. He's @hu_soldier13  on here and I gotta say he has saved my ass with snarky comments and timely stuns on many occasions. I've snuck by an unsuspecting Jason as Mitch on many occasions because big J was so focused on killing that Cobra Kia Chad with the big mouth. Some players can really use "trolling" to benefit the team. Matter of fact, we had a guy come from Facebook saying he was gonna own our team. Kill us all, and he was streaming it too. We've been playing together for months, but ok. Challenge accepted! Myself and a friend escaped in the boat by the 2 minute mark, as I waited to get Tommy I watched Luck beat this poor guy in the middle of the road for about 2 mins as the cops were called and the 4 seater started. I came back as Tommy as everyone left, I escaped by the cops solo on him. All set-up by that Chad keeping him pissed off and busy.

A good distraction from one player can help everyone escape, especially when Jason gets tunnel vision.

44 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Just about everyone would like to win at some point. It's just not gonna happen every time. The play to win crowd are likely the source of the toxicity in any game. Some people just don't like to lose.

Just now, thrawn3054 said:

Well this devolved quickly. As to people bully Jason, yes it's a legit strategy. There's a fine line between using this as a strategy and being a dick but it's there. Really the only bullying I can't condone is if the Jason player is new or the police exit dance party.

I've never been a fan of bullying in this or any other game. You're right about bullying being a legit strategy. There's at least a half dozen strategies in this game that likely weren't intended or anticipated from day one.

@Fair Play When I say bullying I mean distracting and hitting him as needed. If you're throwing in trash talking and generally being a dick that's when I feel you are crossing the line. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2018 at 10:49 AM, Brevator said:

Are they Level 80 or higher and use Vanessa as their main counselor? - This is quite possibly the easiest identifier in F13 troll-spotting.

This is indeed the greatest example of fake news and biased reporting I’ve seen on the forum lately. I have seen every counselor as trolls in the game. Hate the player not the counselor - dude - you’re so salty. I’m a 138 who play as Vanessa because I like the challenge of overcoming all of the negatives the developers put with her character.  I fix & repair things because it is absolutely a challenge with her awful repair; I don’t drive because I am not good with the rubber banding; and I try to beat the heck out of Jason because I know he is coming for the big footed albatross they have made Vanessa to be. Be fair - but maybe that’s the point - you’re getting responses in this forum.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

This is so much easier said than done.

Oh for sure...good Vanessa and Tiffany players are the worst to chase. They’ll always keep a good amount of stamina in their tank. Coming from a Tiffany main, she can run Jason throughout all the camps on the Higgins Haven map. Going from Higgins to Evergreen to Stillwater and back to Higgins then Blairs and looping back to Stillwater and going in that circle in an easy way to waste any Jason players time. I can do this loop with Jenny, just imagine how easy it is with Tiffany. 

18 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

@Fair Play When I say bullying I mean distracting and hitting him as needed. If you're throwing in trash talking and generally being a dick that's when I feel you are crossing the line. 

I don't consider distracting Jason bullying. Distraction is a great strategy. People using Jason as a pinata repeatedly is more along the lines of bullying.

10 minutes ago, FastVanessa said:

This is indeed the greatest example of fake news and biased reporting I’ve seen on the forum lately. I have seen every counselor as trolls in the game. Hate the player not the counselor - dude - you’re so salty. I’m a 138 who play as Vanessa because I like the challenge of overcoming all of the negatives the developers put with her character.  I fix & repair things because it is absolutely a challenge with her awful repair; I don’t drive because I am not good with the rubber banding; and I try to beat the heck out of Jason because I know he is coming for the big footed albatross they have made Vanessa to be. Be fair - but maybe that’s the point - you’re getting responses in this forum.

I've seen trolls among the whole spectrum of the counselors. I think the OP's thread was moreso based on their own personal experiences.

1 minute ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Oh for sure...good Vanessa and Tiffany players are the worst to chase. They’ll always keep a good amount of stamina in their tank. Coming from a Tiffany main, she can run Jason throughout all the camps on the Higgins Haven map. Going from Higgins to Evergreen to Stillwater and back to Higgins then Blairs and looping back to Stillwater and going in that circle in an easy way to waste any Jason players time. I can do this loop with Jenny, just imagine how easy it is with Tiffany. 

When I run into a decent Jenny or Tiffany, I save them for later.

1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

Toxic gameplay is rewarding, bad for the opposing side but it is a way to win. I use myself as a distraction most of the time, but most Jason players usually don’t take the bait because they’re more experienced and keep tunneling the same counselor to ensure a kill rather than chase the annoyance. I classify being toxic as screwing over your teammates like holding items and making shitty remarks to everybody in the lobby. Dancing over Jason, dance parties at the police, teabagging, chain stunning, and flickering your flashlight can be a legit strategy to get yourself tunneled...although it’s a rude thing to do but I’m pretty sure we’ve ALL done all of the things mentioned above at least once in the game. It can be “toxic” but not the worst that has been done in the game.

3 hours ago, FastVanessa said:

If you had bothered to rest of my post, you'd realize how foolish you look right now. 

3 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Well it would have never reached that point had he accepted my challenge in the first place, correct?

@TheHansonGoons are you an avatar for AldermachXI? Your answer on this subject will determine my next posts.

I am a friend of Alder's the same as you are a friend of Pappus. We need not judge based off company. I am judging you off the constant smugness you have displayed in the forums. A nearly dead video game forum at that. I appreciate your knowledge in tactics, but you treat other people and their opinions as garbage. There is no 1 way to play a game that is entirely based of RNG. What may work in 1 round, may be opposite the strategy to use the next. Ie, slashing works against some people I know always have a pocket knife, then again I know some people that are terrific at cabin hopping so slashing may not work against them since I cant let them get away and use their 4 health sprays. 

Let people play what way works for them best. Quit trying to come off as smug and the penultimate player. I guarantee I know people that would escape you or run you around for 11 minutes, if you had an Xbox.

So say what you will, but since you know little of me and my opinions or strategies, talk shit. Your opinion means nothing to me. Feel free to reply. I will read it. Then move the fuck on with my life and not give one shit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1