Sign in to follow this  
Brevator

How to Spot a Troll

33 minutes ago, Brevator said:

it's pretty unreliable against a Part VIII Jason who knows what he's doing

How is Part VIII Jason relevant to the topic? And you still haven't accepted my challenge. Less words, more action. If you want to prove your worth, let's play a match. Show these good people here you have what it takes.

16 hours ago, Brevator said:

Yeah, I guess so. Completing objectives backwards doesn't seem that smart.

Going after the sweater girl instead of ignoring mother and taking out the generator to the CB cabin so that Tommy never even gets called seems stupid. She will most likely kite you while everyone else completes objectives and by the time you catch her, most of them will be repaired and/or Tommy Jarvis will have shown up.

Except you can not always shut down the Tommy before counselors call.  If I'm spawned near the Tommy Cabin, thats the first thing ASAP, often times I'll get to it before Jason's first morph if he bothers to grab the 2 knives and trap his shack first.  

Going for the sweater early can be a legit tactic if you're a skilled player, but you can run the risk of Jason just tunneling only Sweater.  If Jason doesn't kill anyone else and everyone else is doing anything but working on escapes, then Tommy's arrival will be delayed, which is why I prefer to wait for Tommy.  However, my favorite tactic these days is to gear up quickly, machete in hand, and make a run to Jason's Shack early before anyone dies, NOT GRAB THE SWEATER, and lure Jason to a cabin nearby if he answers the call.  By the time he realizes I don't actual take the sweater, his mask will be off (or at least loosened), and if other players are actually doing stuff, a objective could be going off.  If the Jason happens to kill me, I'll be in bid for Tommy and the sweater is still there for another female.

22 hours ago, Brevator said:

We've all encountered them in their many shapes and forms in this game, but I think it's time we build a definitive guide to identifying and recognizing troll behavior......

Much of your list has an condescending attitude toward different play-styles, especially many parts covering Vanessas or Chads.  Trying to get off the map isn't the only way to play the game.  If you wanna bully or annoy Jason, risking death while making time for other to escape, or go for broke Kill Jason, these are valid ways of playing the game.  While I do agree with you on hording key items or any play with intents of sabotaging other counselors, merely selfish play like doing nothing all match to play "Final Girl/Boy" with Jason isn't Trolling.  

59 minutes ago, Brevator said:

I'm quite aware of the Cosby Sweater technique (but way to make an ASSumption there), and I've killed several teams attempting to use it because, as I'm sure you know (since you singlehandedly designed and developed the game yourself), it's pretty unreliable against a Part VIII Jason who knows what he's doing. Or are you just basing your opinions on the few weak Jasons you've been able to do it to? 

Does anybody have anything of substance to contribute, unlike Tommy Boy here? 

If you're going to talk big, take him up on his challenge.  Tommy86 is on PS4, and we are both on PC assuming he has his rig together.  I'll throw down my own challenge as well if you wanna test your skills ;)

• Like 2

Nah, I think I'll stay on topic, thanks. Much like I won't be goaded into chasing the sweater girl in the first few minutes of a match, I also won't be goaded into meaningless ego-based challenges. I'm not as fragile as some of the more "senior" members here. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Brevator said:

Nah, I think I'll stay on topic, thanks. Much like I won't be goaded into chasing the sweater girl in the first few minutes of a match, I also won't be goaded into meaningless ego-based challenges. I'm not as fragile as some of the more "senior" members here. 

If you want people to listen to you and your opinion, especially when you belittle them, you have to back up them up.  @Tommy86 has done much here to educate and provide material to overall improve Jason play for all members to benefit.  In the Fighting Game Community, nothing is worse than a player who Talks Big, but won't back them up when a challenge is put forth.  We call that a Fraud.  Take up Tommy86 (or my) challenge, even if you lose there is no respect lost if you're humbled.  Don't be a Fraud. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

If you want people to listen to you and your opinion, especially when you belittle them, you have to back up them up.  @Tommy86 has done much here to educate and provide material to overall improve Jason play for all members to benefit.  In the Fighting Game Community, nothing is worse than a player who Talks Big, but won't back them up when a challenge is put forth.  We call that a Fraud.  Take up Tommy86 (or my) challenge, even if you lose there is no respect lost if you're humbled.  Don't be a Fraud. 

You can call me whatever me you want. I do not care. 

@Tommy86 also likes to derail threads and turn them into his own personal shrines to himself. I don't need his respect or yours. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brevator said:

@Tommy86 also likes to derail threads and turn them into his own personal shrines to himself. I don't need his respect or yours. 

Yes that's my whole purpose on here, derailing threads. /s
Never mind the fact I've been on here a lot longer than you, providing valuable information and testing on the game that benefits anyone who reads it. Honestly, you are way out of line calling me out.

• Like 1

Just now, Brevator said:

Cool, I won't listen or respect anything you have to say now, and I encourage everyone here will do the same.   Your opinions are simply not valid and Tommy86 evaluation of your overall play is spot-on.  Everything for your opening topic, to your rebuttals confirm that your not very good, not as good as you think you are, and I can tell you'll be easily manhandled by a team of skilled counselors or even just one player.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

I'll second that about either of these guys, both have helped me alot on various issues. Both have contributed much to the knowledge base, and proved their ability time and again. I subscribe to Tommy's YouTube for his videos, they are very helpful. And Genei definitely knows what works is this game, and is also a go to for tactics. Everything Genei said about the sweater tactic is valid and useful, hell the trick about going in to set off the distress call without grabbing the sweater is sneaky AF!  And I don't see anyone derailing your thread as much as offering counter arguments to your OP.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Cool, I won't listen or respect anything you have to say now, and I encourage everyone here will do the same.   Your opinions are simply not valid and Tommy86 evaluation of your overall play is spot-on.  Everything for your opening topic, to your rebuttals confirm that your not very good, not as good as you think you are, and I can tell you'll be easily manhandled by a team of skilled counselors or even just one player.

But you'll never know, because I'm not going to be kited by your taunting. 

• Like 1

Just now, Brevator said:

Doesn't really matter to me,  I only care to play with people with real pride.  Please continue to run with your tail between your legs.

1 minute ago, Brevator said:

If you were truly as good as you have made out to be, you would've accepted that challenge in no time flat. Unfortunately, you are all talk.

3 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

If you were truly as good as you have made out to be, you would've accepted that challenge in no time flat. Unfortunately, you are all talk.

That's just confirmation bias. It's a logical fallacy. 

But you already knew that right? You know everything after all... 

• Like 1

That's just confirmation bias. It's a logical fallacy. 

But you already knew that right? You know everything after all... 

Not everything. But more than you certainly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommy86 said:

Not everything. But more than you certainly.

Evidently not, since you think my ego is as fragile as yours. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brevator said:

His ego is secure,.  We are both annoyed, have pity for you, and know you're afraid to be proven wrong.  Otherwise why would want to avoid playing, especially with good players?   It's fun and challenging. 

• Like 2

You need to stop man. You are way out of your depth in this discussion and it is painfully obvious. If you were serious about your claims on gameplay then it would've never been an issue to simply take me up on my challenge.

29 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Honestly, you are way out of line calling me out.

No I'm actually not. You are the most narcissistic self-absorbed member of these threads, and several former members will back me up on this. You don't seem to realize that I was lurking for over a year before I finally started posting.

You are not omniscient, and I have no qualms in pointing that out to you. 

Also thanks for proving my point about you by derailing yet another thread.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

More like traumatizing.

LOL, it's just a game.  We all have good game and bad games.  At least from the bad ones we are more likely to learn something.

Just now, GeneiJin said:

LOL, it's just a game.  We all have good game and bad games.  At least from the bad ones we are more likely to learn something.

I might have exaggerated a bit , lol. But yeah , it's just a game.

4 minutes ago, Brevator said:

No I'm actually not. You are the most narcissistic self-absorbed member of these threads, and several former members will back me up on this. You don't seem to realize that I was lurking for over a year before I finally started posting.

Ok then, gather them all up. Let's make an anti-Tommy86 thread to really stick it in. Of course you won't succeed since as much as you don't like my style of posting, I am still the one doing the work on the game for others to benefit from. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Brevator said:

Regardless of Tommy86's demeanor, he goes out of his way to help others and has honest intent to anyone seeking advice.  The only thing you provided here is belittling others and not backing up your claim when you're being exposed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Tommy86 said:

Ok then, gather them all up. Let's make an anti-Tommy86 thread to really stick it in. Of course you won't succeed since as as much as you don't like my style of posting, I am still the one doing the work on the game for others to benefit from. 

Yes, it's all about you. You you you. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brevator said:

Yes, it's all about you. You you you. 

What a meme.

Are you done now? Can we discuss something besides you? Because it's quite a boring subject.