pilospc

Sad to say but Friday The 13Th The Game is now DEAD

47 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I think consoles also got mod support now for some games.

Really? That's cool.

I think its abit unfair to compare f13 with dbd. F13 was basically judged as a triple A game, and because of the popularity and visibility of the franchise it is further judged more harshly and critically. Atleast its trying to stay true to the franchise unlike dbd which has nothing to do with the franchises of its legendary killers.

From what I've seen, f13 is way better as a kill or be killed game, with a "stay true to the franchise" -attitude. Dbd on the otherhand has way less bugs , etc.

Though as a ps4 player, I have to say that the game is far from dead. Atleast atm

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, lasse_hei said:

Though as a ps4 player, I have to say that the game is far from dead. Atleast atm

There's always a bump in the player population after it goes on sale in the PS Store.  It was in there a few weeks back for around $20, iirc.  And who knows?  If the market is there for new players to purchase this USE version that's dropping in September, we may see a sustained bump through the holidays.

Or not.

1 hour ago, lasse_hei said:

I think its abit unfair to compare f13 with dbd. F13 was basically judged as a triple A game, and because of the popularity and visibility of the franchise it is further judged more harshly and critically. Atleast its trying to stay true to the franchise unlike dbd which has nothing to do with the franchises of its legendary killers.

From what I've seen, f13 is way better as a kill or be killed game, with a "stay true to the franchise" -attitude. Dbd on the otherhand has way less bugs , etc.

Saying F13 is better than DBD is like saying my 83 Dodge Aries is better than your 2018 Toyota Camry because my Aries has better rims and fuzzy dice hanging on the mirrors.

Sure the kills in F13 are nice (when it's not in vibrator mode) but DBD is an actual working game. 

There was a time F13 was a better game than DBD. That time has passed sadly.

5 minutes ago, malloymk said:

but DBD is an actual working game. 

But it's icky.  And it looks like what I leave behind in the toilet bowl the morning after Taco night, as far as aesthetics go.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

But it's icky.  And it looks like what I leave behind in the toilet bowl the morning after Taco night, as far as aesthetics go.

Yeah. Still like my automobiles, I'm much less concerned about a game's aesthetics than I am about whether or not it actually works.

DBD has far less bugs. (Fact)

DBD has a progression system that is far superior to F13. (Difficult to dispute opinion)

At this current patch I find DBD to be more fun than F13. (Completely subjective)

Since July, I have logged on to F13 twice and played a total of 5 matches. I survived each one. And all of the games were pretty boring.

1 hour ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I don't think so. There aren't that many.

perhaps now, after they had done their damage. I play on the xbox, so all I know is of what I have seen from streams, videos and heard about.

the xbox still seems to be booming, I have been in full lobbies every evening. Host quits are still a pain, but once you reach 150 it don't hurt as bad. Plus, by then you should have a pretty good method of weeding out possible problematic lobbies.

59 minutes ago, malloymk said:

DBD has far less bugs. (Fact)

DBD has a progression system that is far superior to F13. (Difficult to dispute opinion)

At this current patch I find DBD to be more fun than F13. (Completely subjective)

Everything you said is true.  All of it.  And yet:

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Meh...Fortnite is one of dumbest games i've ever seen. If anything it helps purify good/fun games of squeakers and brainwashed youtube band wagon riders. 

Besides a game like f13th does't need to be popular, just needs a small stable player base.  

Fortnite maybe dumb & for squeakers n millenials but it's a runaway success as far as generating vbuck sales. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Miss AJ said:

Fortnite maybe dumb & for squeakers n millenials but it's a runaway success as far as generating vbuck sales. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

At the end of the day, any game is all about the revenue generated by it.

52 minutes ago, Miss AJ said:

32 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

At the end of the day, any game is all about the revenue generated by it.

This game could be a money generating powerhouse if Gun Media and illfonic took the time to do things right.

1) Actually fix the game

2) Better communicate with your customers

3) Keep repeating steps 1 & 2 until you see significant change.

(I know you're in here reading, Ben. No better time than now to start that communication thing. Jus sayin.)

Edit: He left this thread without saying a word, just as I assumed he would. SMH.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

This game could be a money generating powerhouse if Gun Media and illfonic took the time to do things right.

1) Actually fix the game

1) They probably have moved most of their people on to their next project. There may be 1 or 2 people working on this game at the moment.

2) They likely don't have much to say outside of "we're working on a number of bug fixes". And they'll be released "soon".

3) You and I are alike. I love the idea of #3 being a mix of continue repeating steps 1 and 2. Welcome back by the way.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

1) They probably have moved most of their people on to their next project. There may be 1 or 2 people working on this game at the moment.

2) They likely don't have much to say outside of "we're working on a number of bug fixes". And they'll be released "soon".

3) You and I are alike. I love the idea of #3 being a mix of continue repeating steps 1 and 2. Welcome back by the way.

They built Summer Camp Vol. 1 with very little manpower and it's looked so much better than the final product it became.

It shouldn't take a team of 10-30 people to fix what's wrong with Friday the 13th. 1-2 people actually working could fix this game. Fix 1 bug, confirm it's fixed by actually playing the game and then release a the patch. Do this 20 times and it's a working game. It ain't fucking rocket science. Fortnite fixes shit like this all the time. They don't wait until 30 things are fucked up and then decide to release one huge patch. They fix shit 1 or 2 things at a time. That's how maintenance is done in the gaming world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

They built Summer Camp Vol. 1 with very little manpower and it's looked so much better than the final product it became.

It shouldn't take a team of 10-30 people to fix what's wrong with Friday the 13th. 1-2 people actually working could fix this game. Fix 1 bug, confirm it's fixed by actually playing the game and then release a the patch. Do this 20 times and it's a working game. It ain't fucking rocket science. Fortnite fixes shit like this all the time. They don't wait until 30 things are fucked up and then decide to release one huge patch. They fix shit 1 or 2 things at a time. That's how maintenance is done in the gaming world.

Some companies do fixes ASAP, others sit on them and fix them all before a patch is released. I agree, it is easier to fix one or two things at a time. My guess is, the timing behind the certification process for the patches may be why they do a bunch at one time. I don't begin to presume I understand the process in full. All I know is, like most everyone here, I'd like to see things work better. I am patient though.

1 hour ago, Miss AJ said:

Unless im makin the money.... i don't care.   Justin Bieber sells out stadiums, doesn't mean i need to listen to his shit or he's actually good.

F13TH the game was always destined to be a casually played cult classic style of game

It was never meant to be played for 8 hours every day by everyone who purchased it.Its current daily player count is basically where its going to be for long time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, malloymk said:

There was a time F13 was a better game than DBD. That time has passed sadly.

DBD is still just a game of hooks and generators .. with killers that don't really kill. F13th is still a better slasher/movie game

Ive tried so many times to like DBD. But it just makes my want to play f13th instead

• Like 1

yea f13 may have its issues but i'd rather play it than dbd, i'd also rather the iconic killers in dbd had their own game instead of being extremely limited in dbd

fortnite  is garbage, all BR is garbage, i hate BR with a passion

and after the extreme turnaround no man sky has had, even though it is a different dev team an not tied to a ip in limbo, it has given me a lil more hope that F13 could, very slim hope, one day be everything it was always meant to be an more, but only time will tell

On 7/28/2018 at 6:54 AM, ShaunAburame said:

PC gamers are so funny. They think gaming still revolves around PC gaming, how cute. I hate to tell you this PC gamers, but the PC gaming community now only represents about 10% of the gaming community, with the other 90% of gamers on consoles.

Console F13 still has plenty of life remaining.

The fact is that PC has free internet + dedicated servers. Consoles don't.

I bought this game on PC and PS4. I play on PC for online and ps4 for hanging out solo.

Turns out, PC's crowd is leaving because they are privy to the the stuff that passed certification, but will never be legitimately released, and those who force it to be in the game are getting banned when they play with other people, so they stick to single player/private lobbies.

Console folks are not completely aware of this and they also aren't aware of how the game is never going to get an update. Oh, that, and hosts have the power of a God in quickplay since they can instantly end a match if they feel like it due to no servers.

2 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

1) Actually fix the game

(I know you're in here reading, Ben. No better time than now to start that communication thing. Jus sayin.)

Edit: He left this thread without saying a word, just as I assumed he would. SMH.

Disagree with number 2, Consumers think the world of their opinions, but most are not well informed. There are a handful that have offered good ideas. Most are terrible though

It looks dead on PC but the game on PS4 isn't dead quite yet.  I still don't have any troubles finding full lobbies on a consistent basis. Do I think that PS4 could look like this 6 months from now with no new content?  Absolutely.   Actually, probably.

29 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Disagree with number 2, Consumers think the world of their opinions, but most are not well informed. There are a handful that have offered good ideas. Most are terrible though

it´s not about suggestion from consumers. It´s about communicating in general. Wich doesn´t happen. All of the information regarding the lawsuit was posted by members mostly for example. Gun was like "yeah, there is a lawsuit" meanwhile. 

5 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Plus it has all scrub killers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Some companies do fixes ASAP, others sit on them and fix them all before a patch is released. I agree, it is easier to fix one or two things at a time. My guess is, the timing behind the certification process for the patches may be why they do a bunch at one time. I don't begin to presume I understand the process in full. All I know is, like most everyone here, I'd like to see things work better. I am patient though.

We keep bringing up Fortnite in this because it's team actually proves this point as wrong. The certification process can not be that large of a hurdle to get over. Take for instance the recent issues with Slurp Juice (is that what it's called? I don't play it.). 

They updated the game and player reported issues with the Slurp Juice and it was less than 24 hours later that they fixed the issue by releasing another patch.

If they can do it, Gun & Illfonic could do it..........and my only assumption is to believe that the Fortnite devs actual care about their playerbase and that's why they release fixes in a timely manner.

48 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

I never said Gun should do everything is customers suggest. I said Gun should communicate with it's customers. Disagree all you want but please don't confuse what I said. I'm right there with you when you say most people request stupid shit. I really like a lot of people here but I'm glad Gun doesn't listen to suggestions like Muffin the dog, Pamela Voorhees, Creighton Duke and the several suggestions to buff Jason or Counselors.

Gun, however, SHOULD communicate with it's customers. Good customer relation only makes for better customer confidence.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Gun, however, SHOULD communicate with it's customers. Good customer relation only makes for better customer confidence.

Agreed 110% on this and it's my main problem with them. Communication skills suck. No matter whatever I asked. Here or on Twitter, I never got a reply. I still love this game very much and still play it. But the way they communicate makes me think long and hard if I will ever support another game they do.