pilospc

Sad to say but Friday The 13Th The Game is now DEAD

3 hours ago, Quinn FTW said:

I can. Because I don't play on consoles. Maybe the OP should amend his statement to saying F13 is dead on PC, but that's just semantics. It's dead on PC, so it's dead to me.

I can’t always find ful lobbies on PS4 either.  Friday night prime hours (yesterday) it took over 20 minutes to find a full lobby.  (And no I am not in the salt mines either).  

24 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

I can’t always find ful lobbies on PS4 either.  Friday night prime hours (yesterday) it took over 20 minutes to find a full lobby.  (And no I am not in the salt mines either).  

I think you forgot a word in your response.

I don't normally run into problems getting a full lobby in PS4 when I take the time to play Quick Play.

if they are focusing on fixing the game, once a month patches aren't gonna do it.

the game isn't dead, but the mask is off and someone has the sweater, and tommy has arrived 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

I think you forgot a word in your response.

I don't normally run into problems getting a full lobby in PS4 when I take the time to play Quick Play.

Thanks - my iPad sometimes does strange things.    Edited. 

Getting full lobbies is still very possible on PS4 but I’ve noticed it can take a while if you get sent into lobbies no one is joining. I’ve sat in lobbies for 10 minutes that maybe one or two join and then that’s it and no one else is sent there.  All you can do is leave. 

7 hours ago, NScarlato said:

Thanks - my iPad sometimes does strange things.    Edited. 

Getting full lobbies is still very possible on PS4 but I’ve noticed it can take a while if you get sent into lobbies no one is joining. I’ve sat in lobbies for 10 minutes that maybe one or two join and then that’s it and no one else is sent there.  All you can do is leave. 

I guess it's one of those random things, like so many other issues in-game.

8 hours ago, 2moar said:

[...] 

the game isn't dead, but the mask is off and someone has the sweater, and tommy has arrived 

... well, "Jason" is doing his best to wait in the water and let the timer fizzle out. 

I'm on PC and still LOVE to play this game. "Dead" means no one plays it. 300-something people isn't "dead." Once they iron out more bugs people will return. Not everyone, but the majority of people that were turned off because this game is so damn buggy. I love this game but it has a serious bug issue still. Those that don't return because they think Jason is too powerful... they can stay gone. DBD-mentality is not welcome here.

• Thanks 2

The amount of players gone "because they think Jason is too powerful" is probably very low. Now the amount of players not happy with the radio silence, the console players frustrated with host quitting and "connection timeouts", fed up with buggy shit going down almost every match...that's a different story.

I'm not sure they can be won back. I am a console player, and while the numbers appear to be better than on PC, I personally couldn't find a proper lobby for quite some time in QP. I ended up hosting myself, the lobby consistantly stayed at 6-7 out of 8. Maybe it's better when you play around American peak times, but still: It used to be easier to find a functional lobby. 

Dead this.. dead that.

I've been hearing this shit for months now.    

YET every single night when i play this game..  I chose QP and end up in a FULL LOBBY in seconds.

So this game isn't dead.  Its just the people that keep saying its dead, wish it was dead.   Well, tooooo bad for you.  Lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah, still pretty much alive...

I think alot of the online players left after engine upgrade patch where Jason got his left testicle removed and the huge amount of bugs. Though the last fix cleaned a big amount of bugs, Jason remained semi-nutered. I also think that bringing back teamkilling would bring back alot of players, trolls mostly. Could also have a damaging affect in the long run...

Like I've stated before, make Jason more powerfull by living up to the promise of a Jason experience. This will encourage new players to stick with it and not dropping out after afew 0/8's while being stunned and teabagged by 90-150 lvl assholes...; Simple things that I've stated before

On 7/28/2018 at 8:54 AM, ShaunAburame said:

PC gamers are so funny. They think gaming still revolves around PC gaming, how cute. I hate to tell you this PC gamers, but the PC gaming community now only represents about 10% of the gaming community, with the other 90% of gamers on consoles.

Console F13 still has plenty of life remaining.

I use to be like you with this thought. And I got burned bad. So PC is actually the larger playerbase worldwide. In the US and Europe its cost efficient to get a console but due to taxes on overseas goods thats not always the case in some places. Now is the PC base a good one to measure stats off of??? Sort of but its so widespread. 

What cracks me up is people then try to spin this like because there is full lobbies on console that means theres no merit to the steam chart numbers. You cant say its not relevant when it sold almost 700k on PC and can barely average a 300 players active. Console has 2 options for a game like this, its not because theres more of us. 

And for the record Im a console player. 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2018 at 3:28 AM, Kodiak said:

Not true. You can't just look at Steam players and ignore everyone who plays on consoles.

No you can’t look at that alone, I think what OP meant is if it’s happening on PC it’s happening or will happen soon on consoles. It’s kinda like a virus spreading, the end result is the same.

• Thanks 1

It's too bad this lawsuit ruined any new DLC from coming out anymore, I was ready for Uber & Grendel map just like everyone was. New maps really did bring more excitement instead of ppl just playing Packanak small every single time!

When the game was hot, I used to play every day for hrs at a time & come checking this forum like all day long. I mean the small team of devs & bugs did frustrate players. I remember watching streamers on YouTube playing this b4 Fortnite came out n dominated everything. 

The game was scary & played smoothly when Part 8 was everyone's favorite...there was no P4 or Roy or no window player immunity. Once I got to level cap 150 & rolled all my cp for perks, became bored of escaping when you've done it so much or even killed Jason a bunch. 

The key to games staying popular is new content coming out fast or regularly. That's where Fortnite is destroying the competition because supposedly their in beta still where they don't need to certify stuff thru Microsoft or Sony. (NO WAITING FOREVER) Even Rockstar seems like theyve slowed down dlc or the new RDR coming out. Fortnite store releases new cosmetic stuff daily, I admit it's freaking expensive...12-15-20 dollars for a Skin but kids & players are buying it. (I think ppls jaws would drop if they saw how much cash they're piling up) 

Gun Media/IllFonic made a fun game which is why it hasn't completely died. When they made players really like the counselor's characters as much as the Jason's, they did a fine job. I'd be sad to see it completely end as I still like playing sometimes. Miss playing this every day nonstop when it had momentum. 

• Like 3

Haven’t had any issues getting full lobby.

ps4

and I would say the last time I did have one was before the end of content release.

There’s tons of people who play on console, I can find a full lobby in a snap of a finger.

1 hour ago, Miss AJ said:

The key to games staying popular is new content coming out fast or regularly. That's where Fortnite is destroying the competition

Meh...Fortnite is one of dumbest games i've ever seen. If anything it helps purify good/fun games of squeakers and brainwashed youtube band wagon riders. 

Besides a game like f13th does't need to be popular, just needs a small stable player base.  

• Like 1

On 7/28/2018 at 4:42 PM, Quinn FTW said:

I can. Because I don't play on consoles. Maybe the OP should amend his statement to saying F13 is dead on PC, but that's just semantics. It's dead on PC, so it's dead to me.

Oh no, it's in hospice on PS4, too.

Edit: @HuDawg is correct.   Fortnite is trash that remains popular because its ftp.  If the base game cost ANYTHING,  itd have a player base smaller than the number of women I dated before tricking Mrs. Creed into marrying me. 

• Haha 2

On 7/28/2018 at 12:02 PM, pApA^LeGBa said:

When an older game with way inferior gameplay and killers that can´t even do their signature kills has 22K and this has 300 players you can safely say it is dead. Everything else is wishfull thinking tbh. Don´t know if DBD is even on consoles but if it is i am 100% sure that the playerbase is also waaaay bigger than the one from F13.

theres low budget indie games with no advertising pr whatever that have more players after 6 years than this commercial f13 licensed huge e3 game has after like a year. and the sad thing is that all they  REALLY have to do is just lower the price. like we know these devs cant even put out a single patch without fucking more up than fixed. but i really doubt theyre so low that theyd fuck up changing the pricing.

If the game were to be dead, then that means there is nobody playing it at all. The PC player base might be low but that doesn't mean it can be considered dead. The console player base is still pretty high. The day the game completely dies is when the servers are taken down for all three platforms. I still play the game but not as much as I usually did since there is nothing I can look forward to. But I still enjoy playing the game and will continue to enjoy it until the servers are taken down.

PC gamers are so funny. They think gaming still revolves around PC gaming, how cute.

It does revolve around PC gaming, child. Every console generation becomes more and more PC-like. You guys have hard drives and patches and DLC and game installations now, just like us. Within the next hardware generation or two consoles will likely become dead, irrelevant, or exactly like PCs in pretty much every respect.

I hate to tell you this PC gamers, but the PC gaming community now only represents about 10% of the gaming community, with the other 90% of gamers on consoles.

10 percent?? LOL, you're making up obviously fake shit now. Link to stats from a legit source backing that up or stop typing.

But you won't, so hell, let me do it for you. Granted, this article is two years old, but it's virtually impossible for things to change a great deal in such short span of time within a specific hardware generation, so it's likely that current stats are still quite similar: https://www.polygon.com/2016/4/29/11539102/gaming-stats-2016-esa-essential-facts

"The most frequently played gaming device is the PC (56 percent of respondents), followed by dedicated consoles (53 percent) and smartphones (36)."

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why you don't take the word of children on the internet for anything, because they'll just pull hilarious, made-up information out of their asses to justify their lol-worthy, heavily-skewed viewpoints.

37 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

You guys have hard drives and patches and DLC and game installations now, just like us

I think consoles also got mod support now for some games.

4 minutes ago, spookyvizionz said:

I would say that if the PC version is dying, then it is the hackers and cheaters that are killing it more than anything.

I don't think so. There aren't that many.