pilospc

Sad to say but Friday The 13Th The Game is now DEAD

It's a success if the dev's were trying to kill their own game because according to steam charts Friday The 13Th the game is on it's last leg these day's player base is down 97% in just the last 30 days the last time I checked full rooms are getting harder and harder to come by and the people are starting to move on with their lives to new games and new adventures. I predict that the servers will shut down early next year if not by the end of this year and it's sad but with no new content it's bound to happen people get bored of the same old glitches and trolling after awhile and with nothing new to look forward to the people have grew bored of this broken ass game it's a shame there wasn't a better company to have made this game because if it had been i honestly believe the outcome would have been very different. What is your prediction when the servers will close and how do you feel about the game being on it's last leg?

steam charts in the link provided >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> https://steamcharts.com/app/438740

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Not true. You can't just look at Steam players and ignore everyone who plays on consoles.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

When an older game with way inferior gameplay and killers that can´t even do their signature kills has 22K and this has 300 players you can safely say it is dead. Everything else is wishfull thinking tbh. Don´t know if DBD is even on consoles but if it is i am 100% sure that the playerbase is also waaaay bigger than the one from F13.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This game is not dead. Quit spreading gloom and doom.

Hello? Police? OP is on the loose again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Even a game without new content can last for years and: Counter Strike 1.6. The problem is the bunch of bugs in the game and the new ones the devs add to each patch.

• Like 2

I've been playin on XBOX for the last 6 hours and had full lobbies every time.  

• Like 2

Kinda hard for Jason's game to be dead, when he's not. Maybe it's the time you play, but maybe i(or everyone) can be wrong. I'm not giving up hope. The moment i do, is the moment this game dies for me

• Like 2

PC gamers are so funny. They think gaming still revolves around PC gaming, how cute. I hate to tell you this PC gamers, but the PC gaming community now only represents about 10% of the gaming community, with the other 90% of gamers on consoles.

Console F13 still has plenty of life remaining.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Simply not true...

PlayStation and Xbox versions are still populated with tons of players, just because the game isn't doing well on PC.

Doesn't mean the game is dead on PlayStation and Xbox as well...

For example; other games like Hardline are virtually dead on PC and the last generation of consoles, but on PlayStation 4. They're over a 1,000 players playing each day...

http://bfhstats.com/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It’s dead because it’s poorly made.  Once a week I’ll play when I’m too tired to play games that require thought or effort.  But I’m always immediately greeted by game breaking bugs.  Like the story I wrote about being stuck on a drawer the entire match.   Or having interaction locks where I die because I can no longer pick up items or use Windows.   This leads to bad experiences. 

On PS4 last night prime time I had lobbies that wouldn’t go over 5 people and it can take 20 minutes to find a full lobby.   When you waste that much time and then can’t even use basic mechanics like opening drawers or using one of the few items in the game, a lot of people won’t come back.   Especially if they aren’t attached to the game in any way.  If I didn’t love the franchise I would have never bought this. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pilospc said:

It's a success if the dev's were trying to kill their own game because according to steam charts Friday The 13Th the game is on it's last leg these day's player base is down 97% in just the last 30 days the last time I checked full rooms are getting harder and harder to come by and the people are starting to move on with their lives to new games and new adventures. I predict that the servers will shut down early next year if not by the end of this year and it's sad but with no new content it's bound to happen people get bored of the same old glitches and trolling after awhile and with nothing new to look forward to the people have grew bored of this broken ass game it's a shame there wasn't a better company to have made this game because if it had been i honestly believe the outcome would have been very different. What is your prediction when the servers will close and how do you feel about the game being on it's last leg?

steam charts in the link provided >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> https://steamcharts.com/app/438740

The game is actually getting more popular every day I see more and more new players with full lobbies on PS4!

steam PC players are one thing! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

The game is actually getting more popular every day I see more and more new players with full lobbies on PS4!

steam PC players are one thing! 

This simply is not true. Seeing names you don’t recognize doesn’t mean 10x more people stopped playing.  

the games not dead yet, its only a matter of time till they shut off the servers bc of no income, cant say how long but i hope awhile longer, the only dead part of the game really is content an maybe, just maybe they will pick back up later when they can, as long as they are not restricted for an unreasonable amount of time, but yea its far from dead, player count wise, remember launch? they set up servers based on pc preorder iirc, an on ps4 at least it was unbelievably bad bc there were so many unexpected amount of players, so pc numbers dont mean a game is dead, not by a long shot

3 hours ago, ShaunAburame said:

PC gamers are so funny. They think gaming still revolves around PC gaming, how cute. I hate to tell you this PC gamers, but the PC gaming community now only represents about 10% of the gaming community, with the other 90% of gamers on consoles.

Console F13 still has plenty of life remaining.

Considering you buy a console which is a locked PC and a video card in which all the money you invest is thrown in the trash as your games cant carry over we snicker too. They have already said the next PS will not allow the games from 4. Lol. That's a ripoff sucker move BTW. There is no reason it shouldn't be able to, save for companies like Koei and Capcom wanting to sell you recolored textures for 60 bucks a pop.

There is nothing a PC can't do that a console can. The reverse can't be said. For the price you use to upgrade your system I can spend on a variety of interchangeable parts. I'm still running todays games effortlessly with a 2012 processor.

Those numbers more show how the majority of the world is, well, never mind.

37 minutes ago, Caliph said:

Considering you buy a console which is a locked PC and a video card in which all the money you invest is thrown in the trash as your games cant carry over we snicker too. They have already said the next PS will not allow the games from 4. Lol. That's a ripoff sucker move BTW. There is no reason it shouldn't be able to, save for companies like Koei and Capcom wanting to sell you recolored textures for 60 bucks a pop.

There is nothing a PC can't do that a console can. The reverse can't be said. For the price you use to upgrade your system I can spend on a variety of interchangeable parts. I'm still running todays games effortlessly with a 2012 processor.

found the fox hole PC guy.  Everyone gets that PC has more interchangeable things, but I just prefer consoles than a computer. 

now lets stay on topic of F13.  I haven't played in over a week and the last time I did, it took well over an hour to get a lobby where there aren't host quits and full lobbies.  It's not dead by a long shot, but its limping. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NScarlato said:

This simply is not true. Seeing names you don’t recognize doesn’t mean 10x more people stopped playing.  

You can’t just look at numbers on steam and assume it’s dead ... like a lot of people said pc players are only a needle in the haystack!

I agree with everyone pointing out the PC to Console differences. 

That being said, the thread title needs to include, clearly, dead on the PC.

That, being a PC player, I'd agree with.

There was actually a significant balancing update just brought to DbD with another in the pipeline. The game is actually getting somewhat fun as a killer main. 

Few more asymmetrical horror games slated and I'm eager to play them.

Not total doom for PC gamers.  

Yeah I agree the game is practically dead. Sure there are still a handful of people playing it but there’s literally nothing left to bring people back. That shitty ultimate edition isn’t going to do much. Most of you guys commenting are in denial.

1 hour ago, Caliph said:

And right here ladies and gentleman, is the pc master race in full effect. 

2 minutes ago, kohagan said:

And right here ladies and gentleman, is the pc master race in full effect. 

Could be worse. That was Pretty tame.

But hating all PC Players is worse in my opinion , only because there are some of them who think bad of consoles.

12 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Not true. You can't just look at Steam players and ignore everyone who plays on consoles.

I can. Because I don't play on consoles. Maybe the OP should amend his statement to saying F13 is dead on PC, but that's just semantics. It's dead on PC, so it's dead to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1