Treymaker

The 120 Seconds Idle Kick (since the last update)

Anyone else think having the 120 second idle kick is a really annoying feature? I’m not sure if it just didn’t work properly until the last update or what, but it is happening to me way more often than it used to. 

Reasons I’m against it:

-hiding in a one spot and not moving is a viable strategy in this game. Not possible to do now. 

-I’m in a really fun lobby but have to run to the restroom in the middle of a round, can be hard to do that in 120 seconds. 

-even if I just want to take one round off to do something, but want to stay in the same lobby, can’t do that now. 

Thoughts?  It’s definitely been altered since the last update right?

• Like 4

I fucking hate it, it’s booted me after I’ve died while spectating the rest of the match with my controller sitting on my tv stand, which is what I normally do. 

I vote it should be at least 10 mins, maybe restricted a Tommy spawn after two minutes. 

19 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

-hiding in a one spot and not moving is a viable strategy in this game. Not possible to do now. 

You're getting booted in hiding spots? Seriously?

I just found out about this feature. I was in a good lobby with a good host. Then I had to take a shit so I went and hid behind Jason's shack. I came back to a screen stating "You were kicked, 120 second time limit exceeded". Not a fan of this at all unless it is a longer time limit than 120 seconds; then I would be okay with it. 

47 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

Anyone else think having the 120 second idle kick is a really annoying feature? I’m not sure if it just didn’t work properly until the last update or what, but it is happening to me way more often than it used to. 

Reasons I’m against it:

-I’m in a really fun lobby but have to run to the restroom in the middle of a round, can be hard to do that in 120 seconds. 

-even if I just want to take one round off to do something, can’t do that now. 

I brought this up the same day the update dropped............and nobody cared. That Wolf Toast guy even defended it. I, personally, think it's one of the worst things implemented into the game. "AFK" players should be booted, but only after 5 minutes (1/4th of the match) of being idle.

Yes, it's really annoying. As others have said, I also have no issue with automatically kicking inactive players, but 120 seconds? That's kind of ridiculous, agreed that it should be 5 minutes.

31 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I brought this up the same day the update dropped............and nobody cared. That Wolf Toast guy even defended it. I, personally, think it's one of the worst things implemented into the game. "AFK" players should be booted, but only after 5 minutes (1/4th of the match) of being idle.

Not sure I saw that post, but in all our defence, experiencing it allows us to form opinions. 

@Slasher_Clone Here it is......

On 7/4/2018 at 1:58 PM, BrokenFattHardy said:

EXACTLY!!!! @[IllFonic]Courier Thank you for kicking AFK's but that 2 minute timer is ridiculous. 5 minutes is fair and reasonable. It's not "forever" but takes care of those people who try to be AFK the entire match.

• Like 1

I always go into a hiding spot now if I need to be away for what could turn into a few seconds longer than I anticipate.

Only time I ever "hide" in the game is if I'm AFK - sucks that Jason players have no way of avoiding being kicked if they need to be away for two minutes/miss the start of the match etc (unless they're host, in which case it doesn't happen)

I don't really feel bad for anyone who likes to stand still and do nothing in the hopes of surviving/escaping though. How unrewarding that must be? I'd rather actually play the game, have fun, and potentially die, than stand still and then run to the police exit - having done nothing all game. 

• Like 1

Hmmm I had this happen to me in January so always assumed it was part of the game. I think 2 minutes is a fair amount of time. If ya move it to 5 minutes people will still complain. People always find something to complain about. Not sure why people think they should get credit for being idle 25% of the game....

Anyways it was this way back in January on PC...Not sure if they took it away and then reinstated last patch? I learned my lesson first time it happened. 

Sometimes I like to hide, sometimes I don't. But yeah, The two minute kick timer sure screws up anyone trying to hide.

They need to fix it so that if you are in a legit hiding spot, the kick timer won't activate.

I find the 120 time limit crap also. I dunno how many times I got booted when playing with friends and all the sudden, I had to go take a dump and come back and find that I was booted from the game.

7 minutes ago, Avanious said:

I find the 120 time limit crap also. I dunno how many times I got booted when playing with friends and all the sudden, I had to go take a dump and come back and find that I was booted from the game.

This is my life.. lmfao! Last night I came back and saw I was Jason on screen. So sweet! go to grab controller and bam, booted from match., So what if them horny bastards had a 2min start, I was still going to murder all for mommy!

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, DasMurich said:

You're getting booted in hiding spots? Seriously?

Not actual hiding spots like inside a tent or under a bed. (I never use those but now I’m curious to know if the 120 seconds rule applies on those) I’m talking about hiding in the basement in Jarvis House, or in a restroom stall in the restroom on Crystal Lake, places like that. 

This is what I’ve found:

1. Doesn’t seem to effect closets, beds, or tents. The rule only apply if you are standing in one place. The only way to cancel the timer is to take one step.   Which makes a sound wave unless your AJ, Deborah, or Eric.

2. For Jason there is no immunity, so no matter if your in the water or the lake the boot timer will start. I Found this out the hardest when three Vanessa’s were speed hacking and wanted to dive bomb me as Jason. So I went and hid in the lake.  Because of the shitty SaltMines I didn’t want to be further punished by being unable to join another QP because I committed the most heinous of original sins by quitting as Jason.  (This way I hoping the Vanessa trolls would get board, quit and then get salt and I wouldn’t run into then in a later QP match and the other players could escape and go to another match with no risk of salt). 

Yeah, I hate it too. I got kicked last night when I stuck myself in one of the bathrooms and ran to the restroom. It's a stupid feature needs to be at least 5 to 10.

This may be one of the dumbest features they've put in the game. You mean I'm not allowed to hide in the woods now unless I have to move around to let him "hear" me? Makes sense in a game where you're trying to either escape or HIDE from someone...lol

On 7/26/2018 at 5:49 AM, Treymaker said:

Reasons I’m against it:

-even if I just want to take one round off to do something, but want to stay in the same lobby, can’t do that now. 

On console is the best thing to have happened got enough of AFk.

Sounds like some people are salty that croutching on the edge of the map, waiting for everyone to tag, repair, or die doesn’t work anymore. My condolences. 

4 hours ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

On console is the best thing to have happened got enough of AFk.

I think a big reason for this (and this applies to many online games) are the insane achievements tied to just playing in matches. These players typically just want to get in the game, don't care if they get killed while they're in the bathroom or off to the kitchen for food. Just get another game notched on that achievement tracker.

IMO, achievements, trophies, and whatever other unlockables (unless done right of course) produce selfish gameplay and quality that could be far more superior without them.