Basically, the idea is that the longer Jason is positioned close to your character, the "stronger" he becomes. The strength stops growing when the counsellor sees him.

This would encourage stalking, and scenic kills rather than run up and instakill. Making it feel more like the films. The strength stops growing to prevent exploitation, where you're running away from someone who just seems to want to stand near you.

The "strength" could be in the form of increased ability levels, or unlocking epic movie kills which award points. Assuming, of course, there is a point system used to encourage people to roleplay counsellors, rather than just sacrifice the game in the hopes of being Jason next time.

• Like 2

Anything to encourage more "foreplay" (stalking/scaring) before an attempted kill, the better.  We don't want the optimal Jason strategy of the game just to be running up and inelegantly whacking counselors like that 8-bit NES version.

I wonder if counselors should gain similar strength/speed boosts?  Perhaps by effectively hiding as Jason passes?  Or being the last surviving counselor (i.e. the final girl boost, since in movies they always seem to get more dangerous when everyone else is dead)?  Or maybe if you watch Jason attack the other counselor you have the strongest bond with (love interest or bestie), then you get a hero/heroine boost to save him/her?

I think that would be an excellent addition to the game....predatory stalking/wait and supreme tactic! I wonder how this would work with the timing of the games? Of course obtaining points for rewards or bragging rights might be enough to offset the need for quick games.

I think that would be an excellent addition to the game....predatory stalking/wait and supreme tactic! I wonder how this would work with the timing of the games? Of course obtaining points for rewards or bragging rights might be enough to offset the need for quick games.

Good point. I myself wouldn't want a quick game. I'd want to take my time and enjoy it wether I'm Jason or a Counselor. 

• Like 1

This sounds like a great idea. The game needs it to be a bit hard for jason if its just find someone and hit them with any weapon u have at the time kills them then games won't last very long at all.

Jason does need to be OP though; he's outnumbered but has to be seen as the big threat. I'd like to think that creative play is up to the Jason player, whether they want to be a bulldozer or sneaky or maybe a bit of both depending on the situation.

Perhaps it could be something to play into the fear meter rather than Jason's strength? So, there could be benefits (perhaps in XP terms or something?) to getting a counsellor scared before you pounce, as opposed to the straightforward lumber-up-and-smash.

• Like 1

Jason does need to be OP though; he's outnumbered but has to be seen as the big threat. I'd like to think that creative play is up to the Jason player, whether they want to be a bulldozer or sneaky or maybe a bit of both depending on the situation.

Perhaps it could be something to play into the fear meter rather than Jason's strength? So, there could be benefits (perhaps in XP terms or something?) to getting a counsellor scared before you pounce, as opposed to the straightforward lumber-up-and-smash.

Yeah I like that idea.

Maybe the higher the fear meter is, the more complex and gorier the kill will be. Like instead of just slashing a throat,if the meter was high, he would slash the throat and cleave the face in two...

Maybe the higher the fear meter is, the more complex and gorier the kill will be. Like instead of just slashing a throat,if the meter was high, he would slash the throat and cleave the face in two...

Sounds like a good idea. Im thinking the higher the fear meter the easier it is to perform an environmental kill.

Basically, the idea is that the longer Jason is positioned close to your character, the "stronger" he becomes. The strength stops growing when the counsellor sees him.

This would encourage stalking, and scenic kills rather than run up and instakill. Making it feel more like the films. The strength stops growing to prevent exploitation, where you're running away from someone who just seems to want to stand near you.

The "strength" could be in the form of increased ability levels, or unlocking epic movie kills which award points. Assuming, of course, there is a point system used to encourage people to roleplay counsellors, rather than just sacrifice the game in the hopes of being Jason next time.

This makes perfect sense and would add an element of tension that most might not expect to find.