scorpio

STILL no news on Dedicated Servers for Consoles

On 7/22/2018 at 10:38 PM, Pazuzu said:

Don't we already have multiple threads on this topic?

Tons, with tons more venting about the lack of dedicated servers.

24 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Tons, with tons more venting about the lack of dedicated servers.

Dead forums.  Guess repeats are better than nothing.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, NScarlato said:

Negative. Less repeats the better.

I think the three-month long engine upgrade was just an excuse for them to run out the clock before content needed to be stopped. I know a lot of people say that's not it at all (I believed it at first as well), but who in their right mind would delay content for three months while knowing the deadline?

That said, dedicated servers aren't coming. In August 2017, Ben made a post explaining WHY they were going with dedicated servers instead of host migration. One of these reasons was, and this is an exact quote from Ben, "Host Migration would take a very long time to implement, something in the neighborhood of six months or so with our team to be able to work without interruption. It, unfortunately, is not a quick fix as some might believe." That was eleven fucking months ago!

In the same thread, Ben said regarding dedicated servers, "We don't have a set date at this time. We are aiming for late-September, but it is not out of the question that it might take more time and could go into October before we release." Here we are nine or ten months after they said dedicated servers would be released. I really feel bad for anybody that actually believes dedicated servers are still coming. Why in the absolute fuck would you still believe this after all the lies in the past surrounding this topic? It's really quite funny, actually. Keep believing, guys! When has Gun/Illfonic ever let us down?

Here's the link to the thread I quoted above.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/9937-dedicated-servers-update-and-why-host-migration-wont-happen/

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NScarlato said:

There's not much to talk about given the lawsuit and no new content. A lot of the more outspoken members have moved on.

34 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

And your surprised? They come out when they come out if they come out.

This is where a lot of people are at this point.

Gun doing the useless engine "upgrade" in favor of finishing and releasing Uber and Grendel was the biggest mistake in the history of big mistakes. By their own admission, an engine upgrade would fall under the technical maintenance they would still be legally allowed to do, as opposed to creating new content that would have perpetuated an original storyline set in the Friday the 13th universe. By all accounts they knew about the upcoming deadline, so it was stupid to do the engine upgrade first.

So Gun exchanged new content that was very much in demand in exchange for more bugs and glitches than ever before (I love Chad's black hair and lack of eyebrows now) and dedicated console servers (that will probably never materialize).

Oh, and where all these bug fixes that the devs are supposed to have all of this wonderful free time to be working on now? Where are the updates? The Communication? Anything?

I've been one of the biggest defenders here of Gun and Illfonic, but my patience is pretty much gone at this point.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

23 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Gun doing the useless engine "upgrade" in favor of finishing and releasing Uber and Grendel was the biggest mistake in the history of big mistakes. By their own admission, an engine upgrade would fall under the technical maintenance they would still be legally allowed to do, as opposed to creating new content that would have perpetuated an original storyline set in the Friday the 13th universe. By all accounts they knew about the upcoming deadline, so it was stupid to do the engine upgrade first.

So Gun exchanged new content that was very much in demand in exchange for more bugs and glitches than ever before (I love Chad's black hair and lack of eyebrows now) and dedicated console servers (that will probably never materialize).

Oh, and where all these bug fixes that the devs are supposed to have all of this wonderful free time to be working on now? Where are the updates? The Communication? Anything?

I've been one of the biggest defenders here of Gun and Illfonic, but my patience is pretty much gone at this point.

The best defense for them has probably become stay silent. Its easier than getting caught in backtracking or negativity. They are running out of people defending them across all outlets. Very few people I venture care about a 'collectors edition' of a game with no future and riddled with bugs. Its probably the hook they'll use for dedicated servers though. As if word of mouth doesn't exist and people will just randomly decide to give the game a chance then.

So if they come at all. I bet its September. By then, whose gonna be left?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Very few people I venture care about a 'collectors edition' of a game with no future and riddled with bugs.

Seriously.

5 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

You have one guess. Guess who will be there till the end?

Can we get a news group to report something wrong so shifty and wes quickly come in to correct the news. I bet if gamespot posted an article on the servers, they would be here hours after posting updates. If they arent coming, then just say so. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2018 at 2:23 PM, Jasix said:

And yet you fail to address the morality of your statement - wishing financial ruin on complete strangers and their families...over a game. Acknowledging incompetence and wishing hurtful actions are completely different. I have nothing to "give up" as I was simply pointing out the magnitude of your statement in relation to a game. I am not some fan boi and can see the major missteps the devs have taken, but I am also a human being and would never wish unemployment and the corresponding financial issues associated with it on someone over a video game. Then again... I believe in decency and karma. 

Wow I wish I could be a good person like you one day!

It's highly unlikely dedicated servers are ever going to happen. There is zero incentive to implement them and implementing them would just result in the game dying even faster due to increased maintenance costs. This is especially important now that the only way they can make money off the game is to re-package it and hope some sucker buys it before they hear that the game is dead.

Im curious how long they will last on pc. Prob not long until those are pulled. I know lots are lobbing for client side saves for just that reason. Jason must live on!

20 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

Negative. Less repeats the better.

Enjoy the silence. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dolemite said:

They probably only have 1 or 2 people working on bug fixes, as they have likely moved on to another project with the rest of their team.

I don't blame you for being out of patience at this point.

4 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

The most devoted players will stick around. Everyone else will likely move on to other games.

I'm pissed at myself more than anyone else now because I believed all their bull and defended them countless time, was even harassed at one point for being a "positive pansy" Then after all that we all get kicked in the balls and made the people who defended them look like fools. Which I admit I was at the time and I chugged the kool aid from a keg like most of the "dedicated fans" But even as hopeful as I still was at the beginning of this year I was starting to loose hope for Dedicated Servers then. It's just foolish at this point to believe that even if DS do drop that they will be up long enough to even be noticed. We all got screwed because we were blinded by the hope of what we thought we were getting as far as DS and DLC and Gun and IllFonic used that to poke us really nicely with a splintered broom handle. They have nobody or nothing to blame but themselves for this mess. Even if the lawsuit wouldn't have affected them they would have still screwed us royally because it obvious from their DS over new content decision that they were giving up hope of ever fully fixing the bugs and glitches ect. They were in over their head at the beginning and just now realized they were drowning. Atleast that's what I think.

7 minutes ago, notalota said:

I'm pissed at myself more than anyone else now because I believed all their bull and defended them countless time, was even harassed at one point for being a "positive pansy" Then after all that we all get kicked in the balls and made the people who defended them look like fools. Which I admit I was at the time and I chugged the kool aid from a keg like most of the "dedicated fans" But even as hopeful as I still was at the beginning of this year I was starting to loose hope for Dedicated Servers then. It's just foolish at this point to believe that even if DS do drop that they will be up long enough to even be noticed. We all got screwed because we were blinded by the hope of what we thought we were getting as far as DS and DLC and Gun and IllFonic used that to poke us really nicely with a splintered broom handle. They have nobody or nothing to blame but themselves for this mess. Even if the lawsuit wouldn't have affected them they would have still screwed us royally because it obvious from their DS over new content decision that they were giving up hope of ever fully fixing the bugs and glitches ect. They were in over their head at the beginning and just now realized they were drowning. Atleast that's what I think.

Don't beat yourself up. The world needs more positive people to see the glass as half full. We may or may not see dedicated servers for this game. Either way, I'm not losing any sleep over it. I'll enjoy the game for what I can enjoy of it, and when it's done, it's done.

Whether by some chance they don't come OR if they do happen to come, but then they just plan on axing online for this game altogether at the end of the day anyway, then I really don't have much words them anymore. Best scenario I'm hoping for is that:

1. They get the game into a bearable bug free state before it even hits that launch date of the Slasher's Edition, then perhaps "maybe" it'll see an increase in more sales and console players. I can see this happening just because they're really lucky and fortunate enough that their console player base still has a decent amount of players to find online as of now. Once that's settle, it's reasonable enough to just go ahead and drop the dedicated servers.

2. Hope that all goes well maintaining a steady console player base for a good long time and if by some miracle the lawsuit is resolved soon, finish up Grendel/Uber and resume making content. Watch as your player base grows more than ever possibly keeping up with the likes of Last Year or DBD's new possible license killer.

24z9dz6.gif

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

Whether by some chance they don't come OR if they do happen to come, but then they just plan on axing online for this game altogether at the end of the day anyway, then I really don't have much words them anymore. Best scenario I'm hoping for is that:

1. They get the game into a bearable bug free state before it even if it hits that launch date of the Slasher's Edition, then perhaps "maybe" it'll see an increase in more sales and console players. I can see this happening just because they're really lucky and fortunate enough that their console player base still has a decent amount of players to find online as of now. Once that's settle, it's reasonable enough to just go ahead and drop the dedicated servers.

2. Hope that all goes well maintaining a steady console player base for a good long time and if by some miracle the lawsuit is resolved soon, finish up Grendel/Uber and resume making content. Watch as your player base grows more then ever possibly keeping with games in the likes of Last Year or DBD's new possible license killer.

24z9dz6.gif

You and I have the same hopes for this game my friend.

3 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

You and I have the same hopes for this game my friend.

It might sound like crazy and wishful thinking, but honestly, if Gun Media is ever looking for a way to redeem themselves, this is honestly the best route they should take.

27 minutes ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

1. They get the game into a bearable bug free state before it even if it hits that launch date of the Slasher's Edition, then perhaps "maybe" it'll see an increase in more sales and console players. I can see this happening just because they're really lucky and fortunate enough that their console player base still has a decent amount of players to find online as of now. Once that's settle, it's reasonable enough to just go ahead and drop the dedicated servers.

It's been two months since the engine update and as far as I'm aware the game is still plagued by huge, "new" bugs. I don't think we'll ever see stability.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

It's been two months since the engine update and as far as I'm aware the game is still plagued by huge, "new" bugs. I don't think we'll ever see stability.

The game is WORSE since the update. Looks worse and plays worse. But hey, it’s better than new content, right??? Nice decision. 

• Like 1