scorpio

STILL no news on Dedicated Servers for Consoles

It's been NEARLY 2 MONTHS since the Engine upgrade. The same Engine upgrade which was allegedly the big hold up to any progress being made on the dedicated servers for consoles front. 

Well........... where's the update? It's been nearly two months, sooooo......... what's happening with the dedicated servers? 

I noticed they can tweet out advertisements for their new 'Ultimate Collector Slasher Edition' of the game but can't give any updates on the Dedicated Servers (for Consoles), the ONE and ONLY new thing that they can add now that they've promised (yet again) that they are still committed to adding to the game. 

The Ultimate Collector Slasher Edition releases 4th of September.

So here's the thing...... by that time it will have been 3 Months since the Engine Update went live........ the thing is Gun Media claimed last year when they were allegedly working on the Dedicated Servers for Consoles back in August 2017 that they 'should' have them up by October 2017 (approx 2-3 months later). Obviously, we know that they never made that deadline and we now know that in fact they never even began working on the dedicated servers at all at that point.

But here's my point, if they claimed it would take approx 2-3 months to implement last year and it will have been 3 months + since the Engine Upgrade by the release of the 'Collectors Edition' (remember this was allegedly the whole thing that was holding up the process of them working on the dedicated servers for consoles) then one has to question ....... Wouldn't the Collector editions sell better (especially for consoles) if they'd sold them AFTER they'd produced those dedicated servers for consoles, that they've promised time and time again?

The simple answer is YES, so one has to question WHY? rush the Collectors Edition out BEFORE the dedicated servers for consoles are implemented, especially as according to Gun Media's past tweets (last year), they suggest that by that point in theory they should be 100% finished and ready to go.

It's 'ALMOST' like they know the dedicated servers for consoles are NOT coming and want to rush to sell as many new copies of the game at a premium price ($80) BEFORE people realise this........

Time will tell tho. 

What do u guys think? Do you think we will EVER get dedicated servers for the console versions? How long do you think that the PC servers will last for? How long do YOU think is a reasonable time to wait until we should start to expect news regarding the servers? 

• Like 1

If we were getting them at all, I feel like we would have gotten them before July 13th. Like you said, we were told they were "Coming Soon" over a year ago...

• Like 1

Not gonna happen, IMO.

They won't put the money into it, anymore.

Did you all see that piece of crap Savini costume they put Kane Hodder in? Looks like they spent a couple hundred dollars on that, rather than spending a decent amount of the F13 profits to put Hodder in something appropriately awesome for a Hodder/Fan photo op.

They seem to have lost all interest in this game now...and probably just wanna take their money and run...and to hell with the fans.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My understanding of implementing dedicated servers is that getting approved for them is what is usually the most time consuming. That said I'm not holding my breath when it comes to them happening at all. 

The dedicated servers better fucking come. I just made a $100 dollar bet with my friend on if the servers will come or not. I think they still will come because the developers have promised them for over a year now. My friend thinks these companies are total pieces of shit who just want to be done with the game and take their money and run with it. I may have lost hope for the developers to fix the game but I still have hope that these developers can still push out the dedicated servers. Please developers bring out the dedicated servers as soon as possible. I don't want to lose $100 and hear all the shit talking from my friend. 

1 hour ago, BigJay said:

The dedicated servers better fucking come. I just made a $100 dollar bet with my friend on if the servers will come or not. I think they still will come because the developers have promised them for over a year now. My friend thinks these companies are total pieces of shit who just want to be done with the game and take their money and run with it. I may have lost hope for the developers to fix the game but I still have hope that these developers can still push out the dedicated servers. Please developers bring out the dedicated servers as soon as possible. I don't want to lose $100 and hear all the shit talking from my friend. 

You might be out of $100...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

You might be out of $100...

Now I'm worried! I can already hear his shit talking in my head.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigJay said:

Now I'm worried! I can already hear his shit talking in my head.

On the bright side, somewhere down the road, you can bet on a sure thing and get your $100 back.

10 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

On the bright side, somewhere down the road, you can bet on a sure thing and get your $100 back.

Show him the beginning of Rocky IV, when Drago kills Apollo Creed, then bet him that Rocky will actually beat the dreaded Russian in their later match.

Note: spoiler alert for the preceding statement. 

Is Project Melies meant to be a multiplayer? If so, expect dedicated servers around its release time. Supporting the next title would be about the only reason they are doing them, in which case they could also use them for F13. I don't imagine it'll be much additional running cost by then.

Remember Illfonic has nothing to do with dedicated servers, they are developed by a third party hired by Gun.

EDIT: Alternatively if the servers are scheduled for release with Ultimate Slasher edition, it is strange that there would be no news on them considering that is just a bit over a month away. But it's possible nonetheless.

I’m strangely glad the dedicated servers aren’t coming. This will further destroy what little reputation this team has ?. Hoping for a complete shutdown.

• Like 1

I actually still love playing the game, so whichever method keeps the game playable online the longest is the route I would like them to travel.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Show him the beginning of Rocky IV, when Drago kills Apollo Creed, then bet him that Rocky will actually beat the dreaded Russian in their later match.

Note: spoiler alert for the preceding statement. 

I was thinking the same thing. Nice reference by the way.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ShaunAburame said:

I actually still love playing the game, so whichever method keeps the game playable online the longest is the route I would like them to travel.

Then dedicated servers are not it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

I’m strangely glad the dedicated servers aren’t coming. This will further destroy what little reputation this team has ?. Hoping for a complete shutdown.

Yes wishing for the game to end so that those who enjoy playing it suffer - seems like a mature response. You do know you don't have to play or post and can just act like the game is shutdown if it bothers you that much that you wish it were shut down right? Just pretend you got your wish that the game completey shut down and everyone was upset who do enjoy playing the game... that should satisfy your emotional need to make others unhappy. 

• Like 3

I think people deserve to complain with that developing no new content why can't they simply give us an update? It's not like they're busy, right? It's also ridiculous they haven't said anything about fixing the party feature for PC. I'm on console but I feel for PC players because if party was broke on consoles I wouldn't play unless I had enough friends to get a private game going. 

They were sure fast to give us an update on that Ultimate Slasher edition..... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't care about them anymore...

I just want client side saves, at least then i could still use all the Jasons and kills when the games servers are eventually shut down...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Jasix said:

Yes wishing for the game to end so that those who enjoy playing it suffer - seems like a mature response. You do know you don't have to play or post and can just act like the game is shutdown if it bothers you that much that you wish it were shut down right? Just pretend you got your wish that the game completey shut down and everyone was upset who do enjoy playing the game... that should satisfy your emotional need to make others unhappy. 

I. The more you fight the more disappointed you’ll end up being. The game will be done for come September. Moreover I myself enjoyed the game at one point as well. Just because I’m willing to acknowledge the incompetence of this dev team(which is killing their own game) doesn’t mean I’m being negative for the sake of being negative. You already tried this with the original lawsuit thread. Give it up.

39 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

I don't care about them anymore...

I just want client side saves, at least then i could still use all the Jasons and kills when the games servers are eventually shut down...

^this

i seriously have no real want for dedicated servers, it might be frustrating when a host leaves but i'd gladly put up with that over not being able to use my dlc kills, other jasons, jason skins ect, imo client side saves should be over dedicated servers

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

I. The more you fight the more disappointed you’ll end up being. The game will be done for come September. Moreover I myself enjoyed the game at one point as well. Just because I’m willing to acknowledge the incompetence of this dev team(which is killing their own game) doesn’t mean I’m being negative for the sake of being negative. You already tried this with the original lawsuit thread. Give it up.

And yet you fail to address the morality of your statement - wishing financial ruin on complete strangers and their families...over a game. Acknowledging incompetence and wishing hurtful actions are completely different. I have nothing to "give up" as I was simply pointing out the magnitude of your statement in relation to a game. I am not some fan boi and can see the major missteps the devs have taken, but I am also a human being and would never wish unemployment and the corresponding financial issues associated with it on someone over a video game. Then again... I believe in decency and karma. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jasix said:

And yet you fail to address the morality of your statement - wishing financial ruin on complete strangers and their families...over a game. Acknowledging incompetence and wishing hurtful actions are completely different. I have nothing to "give up" as I was simply pointing out the magnitude of your statement in relation to a game. I am not some fan boi and can see the major missteps the devs have taken, but I am also a human being and would never wish unemployment and the corresponding financial issues associated with it on someone over a video game. Then again... I believe in decency and karma. 

The irony of you attacking another forum member... ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

The irony of you attacking another forum member... ?

Please point out where I said anything about him. If you notice my comments were about my morality... hence why I said "I believe in decency and karma." The only times I actually addressed him was with my opening statement where I stated a fact - he failed to address the morality of his statement and where I addressed the magnitude of his statement in relation to a game. I did not call him any names, I did not wish him anything negative... so I fail to see any "attack" on him. 

The entire point of my initial post was to point out the extreme reaction/condemnation over a game. My second post simply points out that his reply did not address that issues at all.