Sign in to follow this  
x OLd ScRatCh x

Friday Reboot Timeline Question

I know a reboot is a reboot, but go with me here for a second. In the original Friday the 13th, Jason drowned in 1957, and his mother goes on a rampage the following year in 1958 and kills two people. This is evident in the beginning of the original movie and discussed in Freddy vs. Jason. Fast forward to 1979, and Mrs. Voorhees kills everyone at camp except for Alice, the story of the first movie. That would make Jason at the minimum 22 years old the year he supposedly saw her decapitated, but obviously he looks about 10 when he drags Alice under, so in reality he was likely about 32 during those events. The dream sequence in the original can be forgiven, because it was a dream sequence, but the decapitation scene in the reboot cannot be.

My question about the reboot is why Jason was clearly only about 10 - 12 years old when he saw his mother decapitated in the beginning. That wouldn't make any sense according to the original timeline. 

i have not seen the reboot, so idk anything about it but the only thing in f13 I dont understand, besides the weird time jumps from 8 to 9, jason being killed in the sewers to just being around at the start of 9 an the time jump from 9 to 10 being dragged to hell then in 10 hes just locked up in a facility, those aside I dont understand part 8's ending, burned by the waste in the sewers then as the waste lowers you see like a 15 year old kid, that transformation never made any sense to me. also a side note i recently found out in part 8 that when jason starts to vomit the water as the waste comes closer, that wasnt a special effect, apparently kane actually did that, drank alot of water an threw up on que, kinda nasty but also kinda weird lol

i do wanna see the reboot at some point though when i get around to it. its the only F13 thing i have not seen.

1 hour ago, DeadlyD said:

i have not seen the reboot, so idk anything about it but the only thing in f13 I dont understand, besides the weird time jumps from 8 to 9, jason being killed in the sewers to just being around at the start of 9 an the time jump from 9 to 10 being dragged to hell then in 10 hes just locked up in a facility, those aside I dont understand part 8's ending, burned by the waste in the sewers then as the waste lowers you see like a 15 year old kid, that transformation never made any sense to me. also a side note i recently found out in part 8 that when jason starts to vomit the water as the waste comes closer, that wasnt a special effect, apparently kane actually did that, drank alot of water an threw up on que, kinda nasty but also kinda weird lol

i do wanna see the reboot at some point though when i get around to it. its the only F13 thing i have not seen.

There is a Comic that explains it. I am not sure but I Maybe it's Fearbook.

But anyways , the ending could just be another hallucination.

13 hours ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

My question about the reboot is why Jason was clearly only about 10 - 12 years old when he saw his mother decapitated in the beginning. That wouldn't make any sense according to the original timeline. 

I don't believe the reboot follows the same timeline as the original. Jason is 10-12 in the film? Ok..Obviously he wasn't born as far back as in the original series. 

1 hour ago, DeadlyD said:

those aside I dont understand part 8's ending, burned by the waste in the sewers then as the waste lowers you see like a 15 year old kid, that transformation never made any sense to me. 

There is an explanation for it in Jason vs Freddy vs Ash: Nightmare Warriors that makes sense, regardless if you believe in expanded media. Renny was psychic. She has flashbacks where she sees kid Jason when she is a child, even though Jason would have been an adult by that point. She keeps seeing kid Jason on the Lazarus. She's basically being haunted. Then at the end she sees kid Jason after the toxic waste in the sewers. Basically we're looking at Jason through her eyes. In Jason goes to Hell, we see Jason after he has made his way back to Crystal Lake, mask melted into his face, and that is much more likely how he'd appear after that sort of accident. More Emil from Robocop, less Benjamin Button.  

14 hours ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

The writers/producers of the reboot completely changed the timeline. Jason was a kid in 1979 when he saw his mother decapitated. My guess is that Mrs. Voorhees' killing spree from the original film was meant to be construed as her revenge for the counselors letting her baby boy drown.

Fast forward 30 years, and Jason has become a hermit in the woods and some stupid "kids" wander into his territory to find the big stash of weed. He considers them to be trespassing in his home. So, he does what Jason does. Then, one of his victims' brother comes searching for her a'la Rob Dier from The Final Chapter. If you've seen the 2009 movie, you know the rest.

Basically, the reboot made up a new timeline where Jason was born 1968-1970. Then the filmmakers kind of mashed the stories from the first 4 movies together. Not the worst Platinum Dunes treatment of a beloved horror franchise by far. But, my opinion is that you should just forget the timeline of the original films, and take it for what it is.

If I remember correctly, the flashback in the reboot takes place in 1980. It then jumps twenty years later, meaning it would take place in 2000. This would mean Jason would be around 31 or 32 if we are to believe this Pamela's killing spree was revenge for him drowning