Hugh D Paul

The Game Should Be Reverted To The Patch 01.30.18 Build

The F13 Game was at its best following 01.30.18 patch. I think that we can all agree on this. While we might have had a lot less content, we also had less bugs, less broken functions, and a lot more fun. Here are my reasons for this idea:

1. The game is too dark. The whole look of the maps are hideous, and I worry more about being able to see as Jason then I do as a counselor. This was one of the major reasons I stopped playing.

2. The grab needs to be returned to its previous state. It takes too long and offers no recovery for Jason players. This is a must as well.

3. The number of health sprays should be increased as they were beforehand. It just doesn’t make sense making there be less of them.

4. The bat needs to get its stun chance increased. After lowering it in the most recent patch, it has not gotten me a stun once when hitting Jason.

5. The car needs to be reverted to its old mechanics. It simply doesn’t work anymore and is awful to drive.

The game needs to be reverted back to this patch. Keep all the new content (obviously), but bring back the way the game looked, the way it felt, and the way it operated. This is the only way that a lot of us will come back to this game.

Note: I know this post won’t do a thing; Gun Media has given up on this hell-hole of a game. But I wanted to see what the community thought about this idea. And who knows? Maybe the developers will take a look at this and listen to us for once.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I agree with that at 100%

Except for rubberband car glitch which came with this patch if I'm not wrong. Just need to fix that and that's perfect

6 hours ago, Hugh D Paul said:

The F13 Game was at its best following 01.30.18 patch. I think that we can all agree on this.

No, we fucking don't.

While I don't like the way the current patch handles lighting and I don'the like the current grab, I definitely don't agree with the rest. Everyone runs hypochondriac and medic so health sprays don't need to be all over the place, and the last thing Jason needs is more stuns. The car was and always will be in a shitty condition but rubber banding was rampant in this patch.

I dunno, I think the car operates a lot smoother with the update. Doesn't slide around as much. 

I also don't agree that we need a previous version of the game bringing back. I disagree with all of these points, personally.

It's not so dark that you can't see without your flashlight, which is why it's in the game. Jason's grab is fine, just learn to use it and stalk better. The number of sprays is fine, they're just in different locations now. The bat stun chance is fine; if you want a 100% guaranteed stun then get a flare gun or shotgun. Lastly, the car handles a lot better now and you can actually powerslide with it. Definitely don't want it going back to how it was.

Sorry @Hugh D Paul but I can't agree with any of that... well... mostly.
   I don't like how dark they made the game either... dark does not mean scary... EVER. But this can be adjusted on your monitor or tv settings... let alone the gamma settings in game.

The new grab takes some getting used to... but I see no problem with it... The grab (or anything else for that matter) should never be 100% in the first place. You have to be picky on when to use it and aim a bit better due to the reduced width... but that is not a big problem. The length makes up for the loss of width when you are aware of it... and practice.... lots of practice. The length is great, but not too much.... the lack of width just means you have to be careful when trying to grab... as I said, practice.

Health sprays needed to be reduced anyway... and I still have not noticed a problem with them... they are just spawning in different places.

If anything, the bat (and every other weapon for that matter) needs a reduction in the chance to stun Jason. You will note that Jason cannot stun counselors. Combat should take some amount of skill. As it sits now... a noob can figure out the timing to stun Jason within three games.

I have had no issue with the car since it was changed with the engine upgrade.... but I use a keyboard and mouse... it may perform a bit different with a controller.

I think the balance is better now than it was with the 01 / 30 / 18 build.... still needs some tweaks to a few things though.

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

I have had no issue with the car since it was changed with the engine upgrade.... but I use a keyboard and mouse... it may perform a bit different with a controller.

No. It's also much better with Controller.

I Always found the handling of the car so weird but I could live with it. It didn't feel like any other game but now it feels normal , like it should be. I can't even understand how someone could prefer the old mechanic. Did those People ever Play a game with a car? Or even Grand Theft Auto?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kodiak said:

I also don't agree that we need a previous version of the game bringing back. I disagree with all of these points, personally.

It's not so dark that you can't see without your flashlight, which is why it's in the game. Jason's grab is fine, just learn to use it and stalk better. The number of sprays is fine, they're just in different locations now. The bat stun chance is fine; if you want a 100% guaranteed stun then get a flare gun or shotgun. Lastly, the car handles a lot better now and you can actually powerslide with it. Definitely don't want it going back to how it was.

The reasoning behind these changes wasn’t to make it easier on myself, I simply believe that the game was more fun with the previous build. The lighting is trash, and that’s the truth. This game is only scary for noobs. The new grab hasn’t changed my kill count, just made it more difficult to get an 8/8. The number of sprays and bat stuns should be reverted to their original state. This offered counselors a better chance at escaping. I don’t want to give one side a bigger buff than the other. I want both sides to be buffed enough so that it is fun. And as for the car, the new mechanics are usable and I can escape almost every time I get it started. I just, once again, don’t like the feel of all of these changes made to the game. I had so much more fun in the previous build, and was ten times more supportive of the game at this time. You can say what you want, but with the old functions in place, less bugs and glitches, and a map you can actually see, this patch was better than the version we have now.

• Like 1