Sign in to follow this  
x OLd ScRatCh x

Give Jason back his power.

11 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

He should be weaker against Groups....but NEVER weak.

And also

Also , SPC 3 where he smashes the heads together and everyother doublespear impalement.

And we can still take in the Comics. 

Movie and game is different. I know I said he never took on an entire group of people all at once, I did forget about that part in the sixth movie. Although they were not actively trying to fight Jason, they just stood there and got decapitated. In the game you’ve got seven people coming at you with bats, axes, wrenches, and machetes and NOBODY (not even Jason) can be seven places at once. Imagine seven Buggzy’s going after Jason...not unrealistic to think they can take him. How can he possibly be strong in group combat? Even with only two people, he gets hits from the side and blasted most of the time.

Most of the time he sneaks up on people unexpectedly. In the SPC 3 with AJ and Kenny he snuck up on them when they weren’t expecting it, he didn’t take them on head to head which is why the SPC requires you to be stealthy.

9 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Movie and game is different. I know I said he never took on an entire group of people all at once, I did forget about that part in the sixth movie. Although they were not actively trying to fight Jason, they just stood there and got decapitated. In the game you’ve got seven people coming at you with bats, axes, wrenches, and machetes and NOBODY (not even Jason) can be seven places at once. Imagine seven Buggzy’s going after Jason...not unrealistic to think they can take him. How can he possibly be strong in group combat? Even with only two people, he gets hits from the side and blasted most of the time.

Most of the time he sneaks up on people unexpectedly. In the SPC 3 with AJ and Kenny he snuck up on them when they weren’t expecting it, he didn’t take them on head to head which is why the SPC requires you to be stealthy.

I've Gotta say , you are one tough nut to crack. You are the onliest Person I truly argued with who doesn't come with complete nonsense later on. I am gonna give up for now , Good luck Ahab.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:59 PM, JennyMyers1984 said:

Jason should be overpowered...yes. Although no ONE being should be able to nor can take on seven people at once. Power in numbers. You never saw Jason take on an entire group of counselors in the movies, he took them out one by one until the final one or two who ran him around and defeated him. They held their own pretty decently too. Honestly it is easy to kill Jason as it is now. They should make the shack inaccessible until certain requirements are left. Such as if there is one female left and Tommy is still alive. So let’s say there is Chad, Jenny, and Tommy left...you can access the shack at that moment. It would take away a bunch of the group assault and Vanessa running straight to the shack in the first three minutes.

I surely wish I could enlighten you and everybody on the final day of the game...but by the way it is going now it doesn’t look promising.

Sorry... didn't have much time to get back to this until now...
   Power is in numbers... you are correct. But we are talking about Jason frickin' Voorhees here. I have fought five people at one time, knocked two out, the other three ran (no weapons were involved)....  and I am no Jason Voorhees... I am just a slightly crazy Canadian guy.
   Also, realistically speaking... have a group with all the weapons you like... no one wants to be the first one to attack the machete (or axe) wielding maniac... no one wants to take one for the team in real life. People will fight for their lives when cornered... but given the opportunity... most people will run from the guy with the weapon that has already proven he has no problem killing anyone...
   But in a video game, there is no fear of anything real happening to them and you can get situations like this.... and these are supposed to be camp counselors, not professional fighters... nor are they super powered ninjas  (super powered ninjas are cool... but they would not fit into the circumstances this game portrays). Speaking of the movies... only one of Jason's victims could even be called a "fighter"... Julius from part 8... he did lay a beating on Jason... But beat on him all you want... it did not help Julius... and pretty much every time Jason was stopped (or even knocked down... or knocked out)… the attack was a cheap shot... he did not see it coming... which makes sense and is realistic. No matter how big someone is... if they do not see the hit coming, it has a much greater effect on them.... Block covers front and back now (when you can get your block up in time)… Although this is good for slowing down the piñata Jason tactic as the combat mechanics stand right now... I think Jason should be stunned when hit from behind... but only rarely from the front. But this would still encourage groups bullying the poor disabled hermit goalie guy.

I do like your idea for making the shack inaccessible until requirements are met... There have been many ideas about how to make the Jason kill more difficult, without making it impossible. Which ideas would work and which would be a waste of time.... only playtesting could really tell us. A whole lobby of Vanessas going for the sweater in the first three minutes is not really a huge problem though... Tunnel sweater girl... leave all others alone until sweater girl is dead. The most dangerous of the Jason hunters do not go for the sweater without Tommy... and they will wait until at least a few good hits are landed on the big guy before heading for the shack... if not outright getting the mask off before going for it.

7 hours ago, Ahab said:

Sorry... didn't have much time to get back to this until now...
   Power is in numbers... you are correct. But we are talking about Jason frickin' Voorhees here. I have fought five people at one time, knocked two out, the other three ran (no weapons were involved)....  and I am no Jason Voorhees... I am just a slightly crazy Canadian guy.
   Also, realistically speaking... have a group with all the weapons you like... no one wants to be the first one to attack the machete (or axe) wielding maniac... no one wants to take one for the team in real life. People will fight for their lives when cornered... but given the opportunity... most people will run from the guy with the weapon that has already proven he has no problem killing anyone...
   But in a video game, there is no fear of anything real happening to them and you can get situations like this.... and these are supposed to be camp counselors, not professional fighters... nor are they super powered ninjas  (super powered ninjas are cool... but they would not fit into the circumstances this game portrays). Speaking of the movies... only one of Jason's victims could even be called a "fighter"... Julius from part 8... he did lay a beating on Jason... But beat on him all you want... it did not help Julius... and pretty much every time Jason was stopped (or even knocked down... or knocked out)… the attack was a cheap shot... he did not see it coming... which makes sense and is realistic. No matter how big someone is... if they do not see the hit coming, it has a much greater effect on them.... Block covers front and back now (when you can get your block up in time)… Although this is good for slowing down the piñata Jason tactic as the combat mechanics stand right now... I think Jason should be stunned when hit from behind... but only rarely from the front. But this would still encourage groups bullying the poor disabled hermit goalie guy.

I do like your idea for making the shack inaccessible until requirements are met... There have been many ideas about how to make the Jason kill more difficult, without making it impossible. Which ideas would work and which would be a waste of time.... only playtesting could really tell us. A whole lobby of Vanessas going for the sweater in the first three minutes is not really a huge problem though... Tunnel sweater girl... leave all others alone until sweater girl is dead. The most dangerous of the Jason hunters do not go for the sweater without Tommy... and they will wait until at least a few good hits are landed on the big guy before heading for the shack... if not outright getting the mask off before going for it.

I mean Jason didn’t normally kill people head on...he normally snuck up on them and stalked them and killed them and the people he DID take head on was normally at the end of the movie and he failed. Ginny, Chris, Trish, Tommy, Tina, etc...you have to take cheap shots on him in order to catch him off guard, same as Jason did to kill the counselors. It is a lot smarter to take them out one on one rather than take on an entire group of camp counselors who have power in numbers. Guns, machetes, axes, bats, wrenches, and pipe attacks head on will stun anybody. 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2018 at 12:18 PM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Now I have crippling depression.....

WOMP WOMP!

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 9:07 PM, JennyMyers1984 said:

I mean Jason didn’t normally kill people head on...he normally snuck up on them and stalked them and killed them and the people he DID take head on was normally at the end of the movie and he failed. Ginny, Chris, Trish, Tommy, Tina, etc...you have to take cheap shots on him in order to catch him off guard, same as Jason did to kill the counselors. It is a lot smarter to take them out one on one rather than take on an entire group of camp counselors who have power in numbers. Guns, machetes, axes, bats, wrenches, and pipe attacks head on will stun anybody. 

The reason the movies end the way they end... is because of the structure of the story for each individual movie. Each needs a resolution, which means Jason has to be stopped.... by someone... like Chris, Ginny... ect. The game is not a movie... it is based on a series of movies. The same limitations of story structure do not apply.
   Sure its smart to take them out one at a time.... no one would argue against that. Try telling that to the counselors that group up... which is most of them. Players start the game knowing what is going on... completely unlike the movies... No one is fearful in this game, like they were in the movies... hence the need for a hidden fear mechanic. There are many differences between game and movie... as we have discussed before, not everything will translate well from one medium to another.
   I am glad to see that you think ANYBODY will be stunned by an axe or machete... then this should work both ways.... because, you know... ANYBODY... If you can stun Jason, then he should stun you as well. ANYBODY means anybody... that includes counselors. There is only one supernatural being in this game... the counselors are pretty weak compared to him one on one. Could any counselor realistically punch someone's head off... or rip their arms off… so his weapon should do more damage to the counselors... he is a whole lot stronger than them.... and more strength behind any weapon you want to swing... should not need to be explained to anyone. If Jason cannot stun counselors... than they should have an extremely tiny chance to stun him.... fair is fair and all... and only one person in this game is supposed to be overpowered.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ahab said:

The reason the movies end the way they end... is because of the structure of the story for each individual movie. Each needs a resolution, which means Jason has to be stopped.... by someone... like Chris, Ginny... ect. The game is not a movie... it is based on a series of movies. The same limitations of story structure do not apply.
   Sure its smart to take them out one at a time.... no one would argue against that. Try telling that to the counselors that group up... which is most of them. Players start the game knowing what is going on... completely unlike the movies... No one is fearful in this game, like they were in the movies... hence the need for a hidden fear mechanic. There are many differences between game and movie... as we have discussed before, not everything will translate well from one medium to another.
   I am glad to see that you think ANYBODY will be stunned by an axe or machete... then this should work both ways.... because, you know... ANYBODY... If you can stun Jason, then he should stun you as well. ANYBODY means anybody... that includes counselors. There is only one supernatural being in this game... the counselors are pretty weak compared to him one on one. Could any counselor realistically punch someone's head off... or rip their arms off… so his weapon should do more damage to the counselors... he is a whole lot stronger than them.... and more strength behind any weapon you want to swing... should not need to be explained to anyone. If Jason cannot stun counselors... than they should have an extremely tiny chance to stun him.... fair is fair and all... and only one person in this game is supposed to be overpowered.

Of course Jason should be able to stun counselors...but it’s not that way because of balance issues. Counselors need a way of slowing down Jason while Jason has multiple ways to kill counselors such as swings, grabs, and knives. Counselors cannot kill Jason by stunning him and stunning is the only way of slowing him down. If the game was realistic, counselors would be dead probably after one or two swings of a weapon. 

Jason has been stunned multiple times in the movies, Trish and Chris come immediately to mind as the ones who dealt the most damage to him. As you said however the game and movie are different scenarios that play out. In a realistic game Jason would kill counselors on one swing but that would be highly unbalanced and way too OP. The most they could do is have a swing by Jason knock back the counselors as they possibly grab their arm in pain for two seconds before returning to a normal stance. Maybe a weapon block would reduce the damage and stun time but would drastically reduce weapon durability and luck and possibly Jason’s weapon strength would effect when it would break. Just throwing around ideas.

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:03 PM, JennyMyers1984 said:

Of course Jason should be able to stun counselors...but it’s not that way because of balance issues. Counselors need a way of slowing down Jason while Jason has multiple ways to kill counselors such as swings, grabs, and knives. Counselors cannot kill Jason by stunning him and stunning is the only way of slowing him down. If the game was realistic, counselors would be dead probably after one or two swings of a weapon. 

Jason has been stunned multiple times in the movies, Trish and Chris come immediately to mind as the ones who dealt the most damage to him. As you said however the game and movie are different scenarios that play out. In a realistic game Jason would kill counselors on one swing but that would be highly unbalanced and way too OP. The most they could do is have a swing by Jason knock back the counselors as they possibly grab their arm in pain for two seconds before returning to a normal stance. Maybe a weapon block would reduce the damage and stun time but would drastically reduce weapon durability and luck and possibly Jason’s weapon strength would effect when it would break. Just throwing around ideas.

Good ideas. How about a counselor blocking a hit from Jason reduces weapon durability for the counselor?... or just Jason being stunned less frequently, but always being stunned from behind (no matter which weapon is used)? Jason is stunned for less time each time he is stunned... until you can no longer stun him? Combat should take some skill, currently, it is too easy to turn Jason into a piñata... and too easy to demask him. A counselor hitting as Jason comes out of a stun is a huge problem... he cannot defend against them in any way... and off comes the mask. Jason at the very least needs a workable defense against this... even if it is just damage immunity for a few seconds after a stun until he is able to block... and the slowed block needs to be fixed.
   If the game was more realistic combat wise (and no, I am not saying I want Jason to kill a counselor with one hit... I understand the need for balance)... that would just make running the go to strategy... which would make sense in a more realistic game and reflect the fear that each player would have if thrust into this situation in real life... yet still having the option and ability to fight him in a way that gives you a chance as a counselor... a CHANCE... not a guarantee.

Perhaps the fear mechanic can be used for a better effect in the game... hysterical fear gives way to hysterical strength, but also gives way to hysterical inaccuracy... counselors do more damage at high fear but suffer the same multiplier to a chance of not hitting him at all? After all... hysterical strength and hysterical inaccuracy are very real... and to take a bit from the movies... no one ever got that mask off of him without being on the verge of hysterics in the first place.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Good ideas. How about a counselor blocking a hit from Jason reduces weapon durability for the counselor?... or just Jason being stunned less frequently, but always being stunned from behind (no matter which weapon is used)? Jason is stunned for less time each time he is stunned... until you can no longer stun him? Combat should take some skill, currently, it is too easy to turn Jason into a piñata... and too easy to demask him. A counselor hitting as Jason comes out of a stun is a huge problem... he cannot defend against them in any way... and off comes the mask. Jason at the very least needs a workable defense against this... even if it is just damage immunity for a few seconds after a stun until he is able to block... and the slowed block needs to be fixed.
   If the game was more realistic combat wise (and no, I am not saying I want Jason to kill a counselor with one hit... I understand the need for balance)... that would just make running the go to strategy... which would make sense in a more realistic game and reflect the fear that each player would have if thrust into this situation in real life... yet still having the option and ability to fight him in a way that gives you a chance as a counselor... a CHANCE... not a guarantee.

Perhaps the fear mechanic can be used for a better effect in the game... hysterical fear gives way to hysterical strength, but also gives way to hysterical inaccuracy... counselors do more damage at high fear but suffer the same multiplier to a chance of not hitting him at all? After all... hysterical strength and hysterical inaccuracy are very real... and to take a bit from the movies... no one ever got that mask off of him without being on the verge of hysterics in the first place.

The ONLY problem is that the counselors and Jason have no flinch at all when hit with a weapon (in Jason’s case he doesn’t flinch when he doesn’t get stunned). Jason has no medium balance, it is either that he is flat on his back or he doesn’t flinch at all and the counselor is grabbed and dead. You may say that is all fine and dandy and that it SHOULD be that way but with the ideas you’re throwing out it is that Jason can no longer be stun after so many stuns. So if a counselor has no stamina left and they HAVE to fight back, they should at least get their stamina and keep running. Jason should not be able to grab a counselor IMMEDIATELY if a weapon shot does not stun him just like the counselors shouldn’t just eat Jason’s weapon swing without a flinch. Jason surely needs a workable defense but you can’t make the counselors completely helpless if Jason can no longer be stunned.

The game should revolve around running and hiding but hiding isn’t as effective as combat in my own personal experience. Why would I hide, be sensed, and shift grabbed? Personally combat works better for me instead of hiding because it isn’t as effective. There is a reason a lot of players (honestly MOST players) will combat rather than hide.

Not sure how the hysteric system would work because Buggzy only has a 4 composure, doesn’t take much to put him into full fear. Added strength would make him EVEN more of a problem for Jason’s mask being easy to come off. The inaccuracy would have to be a 50/50 chance of no hit at all or Buggzy would be an issue.

10 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Jason has no medium balance, it is either that he is flat on his back or he doesn’t flinch at all and the counselor is grabbed and dead.

You can immediately dodge after a hit and you won't get grabbed , so that is not really true. 

13 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

You can immediately dodge after a hit and you won't get grabbed , so that is not really true. 

That falls on the Jason player not the counselor player. Jason can immediately grab after a weapon swing if it does not stun him, pretty sure everybody has fallen victim to that at least once. Not that hard to pull off as Jason especially since the counselor still has a reflex after the hit.

In all realness, if the game wasn’t supposed to be focused on combat and fighting then it would be to run and hide and only one of those options works. Stealth isn’t a viable option for most of the round, combat however is.

4 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

That falls on the Jason player not the counselor player. Jason can immediately grab after a weapon swing if it does not stun him, pretty sure everybody has fallen victim to that at least once. Not that hard to pull off as Jason especially since the counselor still has a reflex after the hit.

In all realness, if the game wasn’t supposed to be focused on combat and fighting then it would be to run and hide and only one of those options works. Stealth isn’t a viable option for most of the round, combat however is. 

No , really it's almost impossible to get grabbed after that , he would have to have insane predictability ''powers'' or a REALLY lucky strike. So if Jason get's stunned it's basically a free hit , and Axe users will love that free hit. You can also immediately run away after that.

And there is a spot in Higgins Haven where you can just stand and a lot of Jason's didn't catch me after 20 minutes…...which is kinda sad. So hiding is not entirely useless. And probably that other dumb exploit in Packanack. But no one ever uses it luckily (if it even works still).

11 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

No , really it's almost impossible to get grabbed after that , he would have to have insane predictability ''powers'' or a REALLY lucky strike. So if Jason get's stunned it's basically a free hit , and Axe users will love that free hit. You can also immediately run away after that.

And there is a spot in Higgins Haven where you can just stand and a lot of Jason's didn't catch me after 20 minutes…...which is kinda sad. So hiding is not entirely useless. And probably that other dumb exploit in Packanack. But no one ever uses it luckily (if it even works still).

I’ve seen the insta-grab after a hit happen many of times...not impossible nor is it a “free hit” without consequences. Many of times I have attempted a demasking and Jason ate the shot and instanly grabbed me without flinching.

I don’t know what kind of baby Jason’s you going against but if you are talking about the spot in the bathroom that will usually only work on lower level Jason players. Most Jason players know that spot and your head will get dunked in that toilet really quickly. Hiding is rarely effective. Most of the time is Jason morphs away it isn't because he couldn't find you, but because an objective was going off.

I’m just one of the people who believe Jason should not have a terminator sense, it should give the general location but not the EXACT location unless the counselor is in full fear. This is applying more to being outside rather than inside of a cabin since your body will not glow red inside of a cabin.

Also believe the counselor should not scream as much as they do, especially when Jason is in stalk

3 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I’ve seen the insta-grab after a hit happen many of times...not impossible nor is it a “free hit” without consequences. Many of times I have attempted a demasking and Jason ate the shot and instanly grabbed me without flinching. 

I don’t know what kind of baby Jason’s you going against but if you are talking about the spot in the bathroom that will usually only work on lower level Jason players. Most Jason players know that spot and your head will get dunked in that toilet really quickly. Hiding is rarely effective. Most of the time is Jason morphs away it isn't because he couldn't find you, but because an objective was going off.

Have you Maybe bought another game? My Friends and I do it Always when we Play together and we will not get grabbed (so there isn't even a Chance we lose a PK). But in a 1 on 1 fight Jason should Always have the upperhand and if you Play with someone else , you are going to get rescued. Even if you are unlucky , you may come back as Tommy , so either way Jason is fucked up. So there is also something wrong with the dodge because You vs Jason = Your death guaranteed.

Those Jasons were sometimes above Level 100. Most Jason Players? Definitely not , I have never seen it on PS4 after 150 Levels and when I was like Lvl 40 on PC I saw someone do that and only once after that. But I don't do that anymore because it's just stupid and let's everyone else wait 20 minutes.

11 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I’m just one of the people who believe Jason should not have a terminator sense, it should give the general location but not the EXACT location unless the counselor is in full fear. This is applying more to being outside rather than inside of a cabin since your body will not glow red inside of a cabin.

If Jason would have more reliable ways to catch someone and not only shift (which is not really reliable) and limited Throwing knives ,then I would probably agree with you….

But in THIS state? 

28 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Have you Maybe bought another game? My Friends and I do it Always when we Play together and we will not get grabbed (so there isn't even a Chance we lose a PK). But in a 1 on 1 fight Jason should Always have the upperhand and if you Play with someone else , you are going to get rescued. Even if you are unlucky , you may come back as Tommy , so either way Jason is fucked up. So there is also something wrong with the dodge because You vs Jason = Your death guaranteed.

Those Jasons were sometimes above Level 100. Most Jason Players? Definitely not , I have never seen it on PS4 after 150 Levels and when I was like Lvl 40 on PC I saw someone do that and only once after that. But I don't do that anymore because it's just stupid and let's everyone else wait 20 minutes.

If Jason would have more reliable ways to catch someone and not only shift (which is not really reliable) and limited Throwing knives ,then I would probably agree with you….

But in THIS state? 

I just don’t hide...funny thing is I play the counselor with the highest stealth (Tiffany). Stealth is good early game especially for someone like Tiffany or AJ because Jason will not be attracted to your noise pings. The only way I ever hide is if I’m in the phone house in the beginning of the round, I won’t lock the door or open any drawers. I’ll hide under a bed or in a closet because Jason doesn’t yet have sense and he won’t see my noise pings because Tiffany has a 10/10 stealth. That is the one of the only ways I’ll hide. Sometimes possibly in the basement of the Jarvis House because Jason players rarely check it. If your stealth is high enough it should help with not glowing red like the description stats it does (but in game it does not help in the slightest to avoid sense, just the noise ping).

I mean I can run Jason around for as long as I want to and make people wait for the round to be over. I’ve never just LET a Jason player kill me...he’s gotta earn it, unless I’m really feeling like moving on to a different lobby. I have run Jason around for the entire round and survived so I know it’s possible for me to do, it’s a way to punish tunnelers who don’t regulary check up on objectives.

Going back to the main point of the topic...Jason should be powerful against a single counselor but it will always be power in numbers no matter how you cut it. Don’t know how to balance out 7 counselors vs 1. There is a reason that there was rarely if ever a whole entire squad going against Jason in the movies. 7 people with weapons against 1 being, kinda hard to have the 1 being look good in that situation with 7 people coming at you from all angles. I mean damn...Jason got whooped by Chris and Trish single handedly for quite a while, how in the hell will he come out on top against 7?

24 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Going back to the main point of the topic...Jason should be powerful against a single counselor but it will always be power in numbers no matter how you cut it. Don’t know how balance out 7 counselors vs 1. There is a reason that there was rarely if ever a whole entire squad going against Jason in the movies. 7 people with weapons against 1 being, kinda hard to have the 1 being look good in that situation with 7 people coming at you from all angles. I mean damn...Jason got whooped by Chris and Trish single handedly for quite a while, how in the hell will he come out on top against 7? 

Weaker , yes but not weak. These were his human times and he was a lot less experienced. Hell , Maybe they just did it so they don't get a X-Rating. And the game is not the movie , Jason didn't Morph or shift and the counselors also didn't hear him when he is near. If it would be like the movies , he would just kill in one Slash. One Slash , one limb away. Pocket knives wouldn't do Jack shit , Health sprays would take much longer , throwing knives would let them immediately limp , in the head insta death , he could pull People out the Windows , destroy the car , rip out the phone box , Smash the boat to pieces , have a bow and could just snipe everyone and many more. There is something called balance and they didn't balance the game properly.

Even when he got shot by multiple guns and a Long time in JGTH , he didn't fall on his ass. Only when he got blown up to pieces , he wasn't able to do anything. Or what About this where got shot by high tech weapons from the future and he managed to just go away while being shot?

In my Interpretation of Jason , Jason also Plays with his victims to have a bit fun. You can see that often in the movies and this is totally the case in Part VII. He does often just Nothing and lets himself get beaten up to know what magic power Tina has. He was more curious than Angry throughout the whole movie. 

And what About Savini Jason? The Jason who literally killed the devil himself , got his powers and Trident , and went back to earth from hell , is going to beaten up by 7 buggzy Twins? No , just no.

Considering Jason is a hulking behemoth with a machete, maybe characters with low composure slow down at the sight of him due to fear, meanwhile high composure characters aren't affected as much/have their screens obscured like with high fear? Something a bit more drastic would be low comp. characters like Chad having the downside of freezing in place if Jason's near for maybe 2-5 seconds and the longer they stay near Jason/the closer they are, the more likely they'll be frozen in place for a maximum of 10 or 20 seconds? Just something I thought of to add more of a gamble when fighting Jason alone or in a team fight since that means not everyone has the ability to hit Jason like a pinata. First Jason sighting causes their attack speed/movement to slow for two seconds or more depending on how high their composure or strength is, certain characters like Jenny or Bugzy can fight Jason while still facing some drawbacks or other characters have the option of fighting Jason but are more likely to die than others. As for window hitting and door hitting they should come with a penalty too, since unlike Jason the counselor's are human, so hitting a window or door causes a moderate amount of damage due to the splinters and shards hitting them.

again, just shit I'm thinking on the fly. I understand if these ideas suck, been one of the few who've ended up drinking the DBD kool aid, and I actually enjoyed the whole "get the fuck out or die" aspect of it, since it's something fresh but hate the whole "build this generator in 20 minutes with no way to defend yourself!" bit and the massive grind the game can become later on. 

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:23 PM, JennyMyers1984 said:

The ONLY problem is that the counselors and Jason have no flinch at all when hit with a weapon (in Jason’s case he doesn’t flinch when he doesn’t get stunned). Jason has no medium balance, it is either that he is flat on his back or he doesn’t flinch at all and the counselor is grabbed and dead. You may say that is all fine and dandy and that it SHOULD be that way but with the ideas you’re throwing out it is that Jason can no longer be stun after so many stuns. So if a counselor has no stamina left and they HAVE to fight back, they should at least get their stamina and keep running. Jason should not be able to grab a counselor IMMEDIATELY if a weapon shot does not stun him just like the counselors shouldn’t just eat Jason’s weapon swing without a flinch. Jason surely needs a workable defense but you can’t make the counselors completely helpless if Jason can no longer be stunned.

The game should revolve around running and hiding but hiding isn’t as effective as combat in my own personal experience. Why would I hide, be sensed, and shift grabbed? Personally combat works better for me instead of hiding because it isn’t as effective. There is a reason a lot of players (honestly MOST players) will combat rather than hide.

Not sure how the hysteric system would work because Buggzy only has a 4 composure, doesn’t take much to put him into full fear. Added strength would make him EVEN more of a problem for Jason’s mask being easy to come off. The inaccuracy would have to be a 50/50 chance of no hit at all or Buggzy would be an issue.

Balance is a huge issue... and Jason no longer getting stunned was merely one idea that has been put forth before by several other people. How to fix this balance is the problem... whatever idea is thrown around by anyone... we cannot truly know if it will be effective towards balance unless it is tried. Any idea has pros and cons...
   Personally, when I play Jason, I welcome the early rage caused by people that think combat is the only way to play the game... early rage just means you screwed over every other member of your team that was trying to play stealthily in any way... and like it or not, stealth does work just fine when you have the knowledge of the mechanics and the patience to use it properly... patience is the biggest part of it here, most people do not have the patience. Jason's sense has its limits... which go out the window when he is in rage... but even in rage, when you do not see a sound ping... it is just luck morphing somewhere that a stealthy counselor is in range of sense... or bad luck for a counselor that fails a repair that makes it obvious to Jason where they are. With the sound ping, he knows exactly where to morph to. No tactic works perfectly at any time.... no tactic works at all every time... but all tactics will work some of the time... Even the dumbest sounding tactics can work sometimes.... when they are unexpected.
   Hiding has its uses... and its place, at certain points of time in a match... but after the bat happy counselors put him into rage, hiding don't work so well no more. Combat does not usually go over well for counselors when I play as Jason... the people that run and hide have a better chance of avoiding me and getting things done... and I have found the same thing as a counselor. Running, distracting Jason and leading him on a wild goose chase while others get things done... and even hiding at opportune moments are much more viable tactics against a good Jason player... but sometimes, the good one will still catch you... and sometimes even a noob will get lucky and catch you. The friends that I play with generally run away from me... they last longer... unless they are trying to kill me, then combat is somewhat required.... depending on how many times I stepped in a bear trap and got shot with the shotgun, which leads to the easiest of demaskings... distractions work on me sometimes too.... and sometimes I did not see that bear trap, or just forgot to look for one... nobody is perfect.
   The hysterics I mentioned are right back to that "big risk-big reward" thing that so many have mentioned in the past for the stamina boost that counselors get when hitting Jason. As the balance is now, it would not work well... You look at it as missing half the time, but a glass that is half empty is also half full... Others that give it a bit of thought.... well... that 50-50 chance of hitting leads to a one hit demasking... and 4 Bugsys coming at you... well, chances are... one or two of them will hit you... completely removing the risk, yet keeping the reward of an easy demasking. This would make it even easier to demask Jason than it is now... because most people tend to group up to fight him anyway. It was just an idea, does not mean I support putting it in the game while it is already so easy to demask Jason. Although I would be all for it if it was somewhat difficult to get his mask off in the first place.
    I have said it before, and I will say it again. Combat is not a necessary component to this game. The devs could remove ALL of the counselors weapons from a game and people would still manage to escape... they just would not be able to kill Jason. This in no way means I want the weapons removed, or combat taken out.... I am just making a point.

On 8/11/2018 at 11:36 PM, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Weaker , yes but not weak. These were his human times and he was a lot less experienced. Hell , Maybe they just did it so they don't get a X-Rating. And the game is not the movie , Jason didn't Morph or shift and the counselors also didn't hear him when he is near. If it would be like the movies , he would just kill in one Slash. One Slash , one limb away. Pocket knives wouldn't do Jack shit , Health sprays would take much longer , throwing knives would let them immediately limp , in the head insta death , he could pull People out the Windows , destroy the car , rip out the phone box , Smash the boat to pieces , have a bow and could just snipe everyone and many more. There is something called balance and they didn't balance the game properly.

Even when he got shot by multiple guns and a Long time in JGTH , he didn't fall on his ass. Only when he got blown up to pieces , he wasn't able to do anything. Or what About this where got shot by high tech weapons from the future and he managed to just go away while being shot?

In my Interpretation of Jason , Jason also Plays with his victims to have a bit fun. You can see that often in the movies and this is totally the case in Part VII. He does often just Nothing and lets himself get beaten up to know what magic power Tina has. He was more curious than Angry throughout the whole movie. 

And what About Savini Jason? The Jason who literally killed the devil himself , got his powers and Trident , and went back to earth from hell , is going to beaten up by 7 buggzy Twins? No , just no.

you ever play against someone called svaroq and another called shnurok(russian dudes)? They were on euro server the other night and kicked the shit out of me when i was jason. Trolled my ass for whole 20mins.. i couldnt catch the fuckers.. one was vanessa and the other was chad. Pretty sure they were hacking, as they were swinging so ridiculously fast, but I had no counter. When i shifted and grabbed the other would just stun me. Both had over 1000 hours in the game. Just when i thought i was starting to be a pretty good jason, back to the drawing board.. lol

43 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Balance is a huge issue... and Jason no longer getting stunned was merely one idea that has been put forth before by several other people. How to fix this balance is the problem... whatever idea is thrown around by anyone... we cannot truly know if it will be effective towards balance unless it is tried. Any idea has pros and cons...
   Personally, when I play Jason, I welcome the early rage caused by people that think combat is the only way to play the game... early rage just means you screwed over every other member of your team that was trying to play stealthily in any way... and like it or not, stealth does work just fine when you have the knowledge of the mechanics and the patience to use it properly... patience is the biggest part of it here, most people do not have the patience. Jason's sense has its limits... which go out the window when he is in rage... but even in rage, when you do not see a sound ping... it is just luck morphing somewhere that a stealthy counselor is in range of sense... or bad luck for a counselor that fails a repair that makes it obvious to Jason where they are. With the sound ping, he knows exactly where to morph to. No tactic works perfectly at any time.... no tactic works at all every time... but all tactics will work some of the time... Even the dumbest sounding tactics can work sometimes.... when they are unexpected.
   Hiding has its uses... and its place, at certain points of time in a match... but after the bat happy counselors put him into rage, hiding don't work so well no more. Combat does not usually go over well for counselors when I play as Jason... the people that run and hide have a better chance of avoiding me and getting things done... and I have found the same thing as a counselor. Running, distracting Jason and leading him on a wild goose chase while others get things done... and even hiding at opportune moments are much more viable tactics against a good Jason player... but sometimes, the good one will still catch you... and sometimes even a noob will get lucky and catch you. The friends that I play with generally run away from me... they last longer... unless they are trying to kill me, then combat is somewhat required.... depending on how many times I stepped in a bear trap and got shot with the shotgun, which leads to the easiest of demaskings... distractions work on me sometimes too.... and sometimes I did not see that bear trap, or just forgot to look for one... nobody is perfect.
   The hysterics I mentioned are right back to that "big risk-big reward" thing that so many have mentioned in the past for the stamina boost that counselors get when hitting Jason. As the balance is now, it would not work well... You look at it as missing half the time, but a glass that is half empty is also half full... Others that give it a bit of thought.... well... that 50-50 chance of hitting leads to a one hit demasking... and 4 Bugsys coming at you... well, chances are... one or two of them will hit you... completely removing the risk, yet keeping the reward of an easy demasking. This would make it even easier to demask Jason than it is now... because most people tend to group up to fight him anyway. It was just an idea, does not mean I support putting it in the game while it is already so easy to demask Jason. Although I would be all for it if it was somewhat difficult to get his mask off in the first place.
    I have said it before, and I will say it again. Combat is not a necessary component to this game. The devs could remove ALL of the counselors weapons from a game and people would still manage to escape... they just would not be able to kill Jason. This in no way means I want the weapons removed, or combat taken out.... I am just making a point.

Again...different opinions. I play Tiffany most of the time who happens to have the highest stealth in the game along with AJ. There is no way to stealth in the game without using stealth perks. Hiding is the only way but any competent Jason will know that you hid in a hiding spot if you walk into a house and it was glowing red and then a second later it no longer glows red. Stealth and hiding needs a buff (won’t get a buff though). No they should not be “ninjas” as you claim but Jason is not the Terminator or the Predator. When you play a 10/10 composure or stealth counselor I believe they should not be as vulnerable to sense as Vanessa or Buggzy. It even claims that having higher stealth helps with sense avoidance which it doesn’t. What is the use of playing Deborah and AJ when you can easily play Vanessa who can do basically everything? It’s just not my cup of tea. I’d rather combat and fend off Jason with my teammates fixing objectives than stealth and fail most of the time. If sense did not have a 100% guarantee of a counselor glowing red based on a combo of stealth, composure, and fear levels then maybe people would stealth and not combat. Just can’t get behind stealth when there are BETTER stats to excel in. 

Combat is not necessary, but stealth should be in a survival horror game and that’s something that F13 fails at delivering in a great stealth system. You shouldn’t have to rely on perks to avoid sense when your counselor excels in composure or stealth. What is the point in having high stealth or composure when you can’t avoid sense without perks when those stats SHOULD help in avoiding sense. Doesn’t have to be OP but it should help in some way but it doesn’t.

• Like 1

@JennyMyers1984
   Both Tiffany and A.J. are already ninjas when used with patience. Don't run... no sound pings. It takes a bit longer to get around, but Jason has to get lucky to find you... unless someone put him into rage early. This is what I mean by having patience to use the stealth system effectively. I have several friends that use it to great effect... this does not mean it saves them in every game (nothing will save you in every match, that would be over powered)... but it helps them, a lot. They can also pull this off without using sense avoidance perks... like everything else in this game, it is situational... Jason has to be close enough to sense you, which is made easier for him when bat happy counselor's put him into rage mode early on as his sense range is greatly increased in rage mode.
   No one should be able to run and give off zero sound pings... that would be the super powered ninja. Even a ninja cannot run through a forest without making noise... or walk across squeaky floorboards they did not know were squeaky until they stepped on them... without making noise.
   I have used hiding as an effective tactic against some of the best Jason players I have EVER played against... once again, like everything else in this game, it is situational. If the Jason player is outside the house and sees that sound ping, and has sense ready to use, it is pretty obvious you went into a hiding place... and your sound ping even pinpoints the hiding place you went into. If the Jason player is not right outside the house when you emit that ping, and / or does not have sense recharged at that moment... you can get away with hiding... as long as some bat happy counselor did not put him into rage mode early.
   I have also fooled very good Jason players into destroying every single hiding place in a house as I escaped through a window on the other side of the house from where he was and jogged away as A.J. while using sense avoidance perks. This is, once again... situational, like everything else in the game... but it made for a very long distraction for that Jason player... and he was not the only one I have done this to. There is more than one way to distract a Jason... even the best of them.
   If you want to play "In your face" with Jason... that is your choice. But do not say the stealth system is ineffective when you play that way. It is, as I said... situational... and there will NEVER be ANY situation where you are "In Jason's face" and stealth should help you in ANY way. 

I do not generally play stealthy myself... even with slow counselors I like to get to where I am going as quickly as possible. Every second counts on one hand, but on the other hand... stealth works fine when used properly... and as I stated above, there are times I use it to good effect. I have seen quite a few players use it to good effect... without stealth perks... from the perspective of playing Jason and watching these players through spectate while they are up against Jason players that think stealth is useless. Spectate is a great way to learn other people's tactics that you have not thought of yet. Stealth is already OP in the hands of someone that knows how to use it and has the patience to use it properly... without perks. But when Jason is put into rage five minutes in... these players are screwed by Jason's extended sense range... at that point, only sense avoidance perks will help them remain stealthy, and those are situational as well.
   Hiding in one place should not remain an option that can save you 100% of the time... nor should stealth save you 100% of the time... nor should any other tactic work 100% of the time... just like in real life situations. Just because you play a counselor with max stealth... does not in ANY way mean you should remain stealthy at all times. Stealth depends on your actions... performing an action that makes noise in any way should (and realistically does) break your stealth... opening a door that squeaks, stepping on a squeaky floorboard, opening a window, opening a drawer... or even walking through a forest in the dark, flashlight or not... you will make noise no matter how much ninja training you have. You might make less noise than someone else, but you would still make noise... and counselors in a state of high fear should make more noise. Panic does not in any way induce quieter behavioural traits... it tends to have the opposite effect.... but Jason still has to be looking in the correct direction to see this sound ping as well.
   As you have said before... Jason is not the terminator nor is he the predator. But sense is there for balance purposes... it is 7 against one, there is plenty of cover all over each map... and try playing one game as Jason without using sense at all, against players that know what they are doing and chose to stay away from him... good luck with that. Besides which, how do you know he can't see like that... at least after he became undead... but this is a game, and the mechanics for Jason work the same across the board (even for Roy)… each Jason merely has different strengths and weaknesses... and finding seven players on a map without sense as it is now (or even one player that knows how to use the stealth system properly), as I said, good luck with that.

Sorry for the length of the post (again)…