Jump to content
Peteythegenius

Can't play as all the jasons in offline mode

Recommended Posts

I am level 80 in Friday the 13th and I am having troubles with offline bots. I have unlocked all the Jasons when I'm connected to the internet, however i don't have any internet and it puts me at level 0 plus all the jasons I've unlocked are locked. I can't even level up to unlock them again which was hard when i had internet. Is there away i can have all the jasons unlocked and my level back on offline mode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your save data is all server sided. No connection keeps you at zero. This is why we're asking for the game to made client side. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats the least they can do is work on the bots and bugs so when they bail we still have a game to play. Thats just good business so let us save what we earned and paid for. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

can you guys fix this so we can play with all Jasons if we lose internet connection?

They will. They already confirmed it. Who knows , Maybe that's why we are waiting so Long for the patch.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DasMurich said:

Your save data is all server sided. No connection keeps you at zero. This is why we're asking for the game to made client side. 

It'll never happen.  The moment they make this happen, someone is going to start working on unlocking Uber Jason on consoles, and that's the last thing Gun/Illfonic needs at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

It'll never happen.  The moment they make this happen, someone is going to start working on unlocking Uber Jason on consoles, and that's the last thing Gun/Illfonic needs at this point.

That's a mixed bag. If that's the case and players end up with Uber that way then the devs will be unhappy, players probably won't. If they remove him from the files including re-covering his model in the VC basement and removing the teaser sequence along with a client side patch, a lot of players will be bummed and the devs will be happy. 

The best thing they could do is the latter and make it a point to finish and release Uber once the lawsuit is finished. At the very least. Not Grendel, just finish Uber.

My worry is not that content has been frozen due to the lawsuit, but that it seems that when that wraps up and things could be finished, the devs are already decided and it isn't happening. They've walked away from the game and they aren't coming back. Period. To me that signals they're okay with where things ended.

But buy the new edition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DasMurich said:

If they remove him from the files including re-covering his model in the VC basement and removing the teaser sequence along with a client side patch, a lot of players will be bummed and the devs will be happy.

If I were prone to conspiracy theories, I'd argue that this is what they're doing right now, instead of the purported bug fixes.

But I'm not that irresponsible.  Only a crazy person would think that they're looking into retooling the VC to eliminate any reference to Uber and delete the model from the files.  That's insane! I'd have to be crazy to think that just because the lawsuit is preventing the creation of new content that old content wouldn't be subject to deletion...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

They will. They already confirmed it. Who knows , Maybe that's why we are waiting so Long for the patch.

Source? I missed any news they put out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

If I were prone to conspiracy theories, I'd argue that this is what they're doing right now, instead of the purported bug fixes.

But I'm not that irresponsible.  Only a crazy person would think that they're looking into retooling the VC to eliminate any reference to Uber and delete the model from the files.  That's insane! I'd have to be crazy to think that just because the lawsuit is preventing the creation of new content that old content wouldn't be subject to deletion...

Conspiracy theory: this was a setup by the devs all along to trigger an artificial shutdown of the game by making people so unhappy the shutdown could be justified and the devs walk away and wash their hands of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Only a crazy person would think that they're looking into retooling the VC to eliminate any reference to Uber and delete the model from the files.  That's insane! I'd have to be crazy to think that just because the lawsuit is preventing the creation of new content that old content wouldn't be subject to deletion...

It isn't crazy. I'm saying if they released a client side patch it could include removing Uber from the game temporarily only for the purpose of preventing him from being hacked. He's only been hacked because he's there already. Then, later, after the lawsuit they could finish and release him. Officially.

Or, they won't bother. 

This is just chit chat and doesn't actually reflect what I think they're doing. What I actually think they're doing is nothing. I don't think dedicated servers are coming or a client side patch. Any fixes? Sure current problems will be fixed and introduce new/more bugs. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hopeful the online play will stick around longer than most people think. Maybe I'm too much of an optimistic person. But it is a total dick move to shut it down say in Jan. or something especially after releasing the game again in September. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Dr Zaius 007 said:

I'm hopeful the online play will stick around longer than most people think. Maybe I'm too much of an optimistic person. But it is a total dick move to shut it down say in Jan. or something especially after releasing the game again in September. 

Yeah. I think like two years. It can't be over THAT fast.

16 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

Source? I missed any news they put out.

In the ''When the Servers go offline'' thread , Shifty said it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Yeah. I think like two years. It can't be over THAT fast.

In the ''When the Servers go offline'' thread , Shifty said it.

Yes!!!!! Wolf, you are awesome!!!! That is the best news I've heard in a long time!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

Yes!!!!! Wolf, you are awesome!!!! That is the best news I've heard in a long time!

No Problem! 

Seems like I remember most of the Things the devs said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...