SirMang

Will you buy the Collector's Edition in September?

As the title states, will you buy the CE for F13?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. As the title states, will you buy the CE for F13?

• yes
    • no

Just trying to gauge what type of interest people have in the Collector's Edition.

If you want to add a why for your answer, feel free!

If I didn't already own it on Xbox and Steam, then I would. I never really buy more copies of games I already own though. I'd still like it though.

• Like 1

No... honestly i would like to have it. I have the steel machete version but am not about to open it. So this would get me a physical copy with those bloody skins, plus the poster and mask would be nice. But honestly after the Uber fiasco and such, I’m not giving these guys another dime. 

• Like 1

It'd make a nice gift, I suppose, but at this point I would think that everyone with any sort of interest in the game already has a copy, either via digital download (eww, gross) or physical retail copy (muy bueno).

Still, I suppose there's rabid collectors out there, or completionists that MUST have this version.  The sales numbers will be interesting.  I doubt Gun/Illfonic plan on sharing the details of how many units will comprise the initial run, and how those break down by platform, but they probably have enough in terms of orders from vendors/retailers to make the production profitable.

I have both the Digital and Physical copies, Everything so far as DLC content goes, except for Savini Jason. on PS4. So No interest in the Poster of a Mask.

It seems like the general consensus here is that lots of us already own the game and the main reason we're not getting the collector's edish is because we already have a copy/multiple copies. The poll is probably going to be quite one sided for that reason, but I can imagine a lot of us agree that the collector's edition certainly looks nice and we'd like to own it :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

It seems like the general consensus here is that lots of us already own the game and the main reason we're not getting the collector's edish is because we already have a copy/multiple copies. The poll is probably going to be quite one sided for that reason, but I can imagine a lot of us agree that the collector's edition certainly looks nice and we'd like to own it :)

yup. if they had this available on launch, prob would have sold thousands of copies

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Your last sentence, after the comma,  is my reason for this.  There are plenty of people who have disposable income are big F13 nuts and are completionists in their collections.  I'm curious how many of those type of people exist in this community.  As well as those who've jumped into this community because Friday the 13th is great but have yet to buy the game and maybe this edition gets them to pony up the bucks.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, agnes said:

I can’t imagine anyone buying this

Why not? The game is great fun and has sold very well, why wouldn't anyone buy the collector's edition? There's still quite a market out there of players who don't yet own the game.

• Like 1

I play on PS4.  My 10-year-old and 8-year-old boys have an Xbox.  I may consider buying it on Xbox, but not sure if I want to expose them to this stuff quite yet.  

Also, I'll want to hear the developers' long-term plans first before I spend any money.  Are they planning on supporting servers for a long time? The fact that they've pre-emptively decided to never add new content no matter what happens with the lawsuit makes me worry they won't go out of their way to keep up servers.

@wes and @ShiftySamurai:

Are you guys planning on making any long-term statements/commitments for people who buy this edition or is it just "buyer beware" at this point?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

It does look nice, and the title has a good sound to it, Ultimate Slasher Edition. I am still undecided, I’d like to know what’s actually on the disc and wether it will overwrite my save data first though. 

I still think this is NECA’s way to get rid of masks that didn’t sell as well as they anticipated. If this edition is the same as the one I already own, just repackaged, I would be disappointed. However if all the content on the disc is their with no download, I’ll probably pick up a copy for my friends internetless cabin, it can go under the machete. 

Even if I didn't own the game I wouldn't buy it.  I'd buy it on sale for $20 and get the DLC which overall is still cheaper than the standard slasher edition.

I don't think a folded up poster and mask is worth paying $70.

For people that own the game and want to buy this - I'd rather give $70 to charity or buy some cool merch that you can get.  You can get an actual wooden Crystal Lake sign for $70 on Etsy that's pretty cool.

• Like 4

I never bought a physical copy because I didn't see the point. I'd consider picking this up if I didn't think things were on the decline and if the mask were unique to the collector's edition but it's not so I won't. 

I'm the first one to say yes, lol!!

I'm buying it for the simple fact that I love the game, but until this point haven't bought any of the available DLC. So with one fatal swoop (bit overpriced) I will get all the DLC and the mask I was probably going to purchase anyway. To each their own though. I can understand the reasons that have been stated why people aren't purchasing it, but for me, I just want it.

• Like 1

My "No" vote is because I play on PC - not because I wouldn't want to support the game or have the items. 

1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

To be fair, not many games make the truly bizarre decision to release the Collector's Edition at the end of the game's life-span.  Usually these are released up front while there is still hype.

@gtdjlocker311  The X-Box fan base thanks you for not adding more 8 year olds to the player base =D  Though, your kids are double the age of many on QuickPlay.

• Haha 1

I own the game on digital and have the PS4 steelbook with all the dlc. I already own a mask that looks nicer than this one and actually has straps. All I want out of this set is the poster, so it's just not worth it for me. If it was the huge poster Wes showed in his tweet and came rolled up, I would bite. 

16 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

To be fair, not many games make the truly bizarre decision to release the Collector's Edition at the end of the game's life-span.  Usually these are released up front while there is still hype.

@gtdjlocker311  The X-Box fan base thanks you for not adding more 8 year olds to the player base =D  Though, your kids are double the age of many on QuickPlay.

Haha, no problem.  It's not much different on PS4, unfortunately.

My kids are pretty sheltered...I'm old-fashioned, I suppose, but I believe kids should be innocent as much as they can be.  IF I buy it and IF I let them play,  it will only be when we can do it together.

Too many crappy parents out there let their kids do whatever and don't pay any attention.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Haha, no problem.  It's not much different on PS4, unfortunately.

My kids are pretty sheltered...I'm old-fashioned, I suppose, but I believe kids should be innocent as much as they can be.  IF I buy it and IF I let them play,  it will only be when we can do it together.

Too many crappy parents out there let their kids do whatever and don't pay any attention.

I'm like that too.  Though I did have Nightmare on Elm Street 3 completely memorized by the time I was 10.  Loved that movie!  Though I wasn't allowed to watch Topless Nurse scene.  

If I had kids, I probably wouldn't want them playing some of the single player scenerios.

Just now, NScarlato said:

I'm like that too.  Though I did have Nightmare on Elm Street 3 completely memorized by the time I was 10.  Loved that movie!

If I had kids, I probably wouldn't want them playing some of the single player scenerios.

Yeah, that's (for me at least) one of the toughest parts of being a dad.  I know what sort of trouble I got into as a kid, and the stuff I snuck off and watched without my parents knowing.  I know I can't shelter them forever, but the tough part is deciding when they're mature enough to handle it.

My basic approach is I don't outright ban much of anything, but everything they do or try has to be through me.  

Bought the game twice at full price for two Playstations a few hundred miles apart. One digital, one physical copy. Bought all DLCs twice to support the game.

The edition should have been available at physical release, unreleased content in a "season pass" kind of deal. In my opinion, this seems more of a last attempt at a quick cash grab. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1