SirMang

Will you buy the Collector's Edition in September?

As the title states, will you buy the CE for F13?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. As the title states, will you buy the CE for F13?

• yes
    • no

I have to agree with those saying buying the collectors edition is not worth it. “Unless” you have not already purchased the game. If that’s the case then it’s one stop shop. This offers nothing to current owners or backers such as myself. No future content? Ok.... but patches, and independent servers should come all that much faster. Since day 1 new customers have always took priority vs backers. It’s like a cable company when they only offer bundles to “new customers.” Btw anyone who already owns the game, and already have all the dlcs, you can get the same NECA part 3 Jason mask for 24.99 at toy vault or even online. Not to mention it’s not a true replica. See links below to see what they are packing w the collectors edition vs a “real” $75 replica.

http://necaonline.com/2011/09/friday-the-13th-prop-replica-jason-mask-part-3/

https://www.etsy.com/listing/233414848/friday-the-13th-part-3-jason-mask?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_a-art_and_collectibles-other&utm_custom1=3e79a1f0-ab46-4118-8dc9-40990ff749fa&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3sbLleGt3AIVibjACh1FmwQnEAQYAiABEgL_ZfD_BwE

8 hours ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

I kickstarted this game and like a battered wife I keep thinking that they will change.

This statement, and similar posts, just make me shake my head. 

Partly because I can't for the life of me see how anyone would keep feeding them money at this point. On the other hand, I also completely understand what people want this game to be and are still hanging on to that it might be. 

Sad state of affairs.

1 hour ago, DasMurich said:

This statement, and similar posts, just make me shake my head. 

Partly because I can't for the life of me see how anyone would keep feeding them money at this point. On the other hand, I also completely understand what people want this game to be and are still hanging on to that it might be. 

Sad state of affairs.

I hear you. 

No chance.

The game is still very much in a broken state. No sense in giving more money to a broken game with seemingly no future content.

No. Not just no, but HAHAHAHAHANO.

• Haha 2

Looks like the devs didn't want to address my question regarding long-term assurances.

That's fine.  I guess they're busy.

But I reiterate that there is NO chance I'll buy for another system if we don't get a statement regarding a commitment to keeping the game alive.

I truly do love this game and would actually enjoy the chance to re-visit and re-do the whole thing on another system; but without some sort of statement DEFINITIVELY telling us how long we can expect the servers to be up (and what will happen if and when they go down), I don't see how you can in good conscience ask anyone to buy something like this.

52 minutes ago, SDA said:

No. Not just no, but HAHAHAHAHANO.

I was considering asking for "LOL no" option, therefore you have my laugh. 

Hell fucking no, especially after they said they would not release new content even if the lawsuit was settled tomorrow, plus never gave us Uber.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

So no news on dedicated servers yet, but they can advertise a new 'Ultimate Collectors Slasher Edition' of the game for the low low price of $70....... uh huh, yeh sounds about right.

Let's see if those dedicated servers for consoles arrive before this new version does, surely by the release of this new version we could expect some kind of update on their status, given it will have been 3+ months since the Engines were upgraded (supposedly specifically so work on the dedicated servers for consoles could finally begin).

One things for sure there is deffo no way they'd wait another 2-3 months AFTER the release of this new Edition of the game to turn around and declare that the dedicated servers for consoles were no longer coming..... I mean if they did that some cynical people might suggest that they'd already known they weren't going to deliver on the servers, but kept it quiet in order to sell more copies of the new Edition to those who were still expecting the servers to come..... but there's NO WAY that the devs would do that. 

Nah, I'm sure we'll see the dedicated servers for consoles arrive before the new Edition comes out, or at least some kind of update, after all the devs have been true to their word every time up to now! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Considering many of the long-time, "die-hard" members have been banned and fobbed off with snarky remarks - I highly doubt they are going to buy the same game again. :) It's not really how to keep a customer happy and coming back for more.

They should be able to squeeze some more sales out of those that haven't yet played the game though. I hope it does sell well. The lawsuit is a massive, unjust kick in the balls for them, so I do wish them well - and I hope this edition is successful. 

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:38 AM, SirMang said:

Just trying to gauge what type of interest people have in the Collector's Edition.

If you want to add a why for your answer, feel free!

I would but using the currency for kindling seemed a better use. I also have an IQ above room temperature.

Not only no, but No chance in hell, I mean the Browns have more of a chance winning the next 3 straight superbowls than Gun has of getting any more of my money.  Even if there was no lawsuit, and new content was still being churned out, I would still have no reason to buy something that i Already own.

I would have gladly bought the collector's edition. But since everything got fucked up by the lawsuit, it would be hard to buy the most expensive edition for a game that can never be updated again and is just going to completely die in a few months. 

16 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

Considering many of the long-time, "die-hard" members have been banned and fobbed off with snarky remarks - I highly doubt they are going to buy the same game again. :) It's not really how to keep a customer happy and coming back for more.

They should be able to squeeze some more sales out of those that haven't yet played the game though. I hope it does sell well. The lawsuit is a massive, unjust kick in the balls for them, so I do wish them well - and I hope this edition is successful. 

The lawsuit is just an alibi for them to quit. Anytime someone with sensibilities or the drive to challenge their questionable practices (emotes instead of kills, counselor clothing packs instead of Jason outfits, the balancing tipped so heavily in favor of the counselors that playing as Jason against 2 people with a small amount of game skill will cause you a horrible time) was banned "for disrupting the peace". 

Lets not get into how a dude involved in a shitty match with shitty jason teamers argued back against the trolling and was permanently banned "for making sexual talk towards a 12 year old". You know, the type of 12 year old who shouldn't be playing a F13 game, but fuck it lets protect this trolling kid who was likely lying out their ass and ban this dude who just wanted to play a non shitty game round.

On 7/20/2018 at 7:59 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

You do realize he’s talking out his ass, and really you picked one were he ‘debates’ Hitchens. He doesn’t provide proof, don’t you think if he did these would be the most watched videos in history. 

You can’t prove a god exist, let alone that your particular one exists, don’t be that guy. 

Edit - I swear this guy, he quotes a mathematician in his opening ‘that the infinite is only a idea in your mind’, that mathematician is talking about god not mathematically infinities. This guy can’t even get quotes right.

He’s now talking about mathematical constants and how the universe is fine tuned for life, it isn’t. You can’t live on most of this planet, let alone anywhere else in the universe, it is not fine tuned for life. 

So String theory is good in this asshats mind, but multiple worlds isn’t, do you think he knows they’re connected ideas?

God has no morality, ethics is a better system, regardless.

hahahahaha, basic beliefs, hahahahaha. Your feelings are facts, gotcha and you need to ignore arguments that go against those feelings, that they’re just external and so not as important as your feelings. This guy would be hilarious if people like you didn’t give him credit for something profound, when he is so obviously manipulating you. 

So you only posted the one side, is it because Hitch does a fine job of slapping the jolly off him?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

In this entire illogical diatribe, you didn't refute a thing and simply demonstrated that the facts are for whatever the reasoning, inconvenienent for you.

The universe is fine tuned, Objective Morality requires an Objective authority. I have no feelings as to what I accept or decline, if something is illogical then I reject it, hence why I rejected atheism after intensive study, it is simply unscientific. In no way scientifically, morally, historically and even logically is it even plausible for God/Jesus Christ not to exist. Atheism is a fairy tale of wild imagination, the idea that any unconscious property could produce a conscious property when it lacks the properties of it(mindless cannot produce a mind) is utterly absurd.

15 minutes ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

In this entire illogical diatribe, you didn't refute a thing and simply demonstrated that the facts are for whatever the reasoning, inconvenienent for you.

The universe is fine tuned, Objective Morality requires an Objective authority. I have no feelings as to what I accept or decline, if something is illogical then I reject it, hence why I rejected atheism after intensive study, it is simply unscientific. In no way scientifically, morally, historically and even logically is it even plausible for God/Jesus Christ not to exist. Atheism is a fairy tale of wild imagination, the idea that any unconscious property could produce a conscious property when it lacks the properties of it(mindless cannot produce a mind) is utterly absurd.

No one will win this argument...I think the only thing we can probably agree on is that there is more to our existence than what is physically experienced.  

Whether you choose to explain that with God, new physics theories, or that we are inside of a computer program (some really believe this) is a matter of personal choice and not something you're likely to convince anyone else of.

3 hours ago, Ralph_E_Fresh said:

You’re a crazy, I’m not interested in talking to you about this anymore.

You should know, if your god is real, I have lived a very good life by the standards of objective morality. So when I do get to heaven, I plan on eating your god. Others can feel free to join me, I’m sure their will be enough to go around. 

Edit - I’d better not get a warning for threatening to eat an imaginary thing, that would be stupid.

6 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

You know, the type of 12 year old who shouldn't be playing a F13 game

"ToS? We don't need no stinkin' ToS!"

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

The lawsuit is just an alibi for them to quit. Anytime someone with sensibilities or the drive to challenge their questionable practices (emotes instead of kills, counselor clothing packs instead of Jason outfits, the balancing tipped so heavily in favor of the counselors that playing as Jason against 2 people with a small amount of game skill will cause you a horrible time) was banned "for disrupting the peace". 

Lets not get into how a dude involved in a shitty match with shitty jason teamers argued back against the trolling and was permanently banned "for making sexual talk towards a 12 year old". You know, the type of 12 year old who shouldn't be playing a F13 game, but fuck it lets protect this trolling kid who was likely lying out their ass and ban this dude who just wanted to play a non shitty game round.

I don't know enough about this to make a genuine critical analysis of it. Let's be honest - none of us do. It's purely opinion we've read from both sides. So I can't possibly form an opinion on that without knowing the actual facts.

I've been a member of this forum since it's inception and have been banned also, me and Ben haven't always seen eye to eye., but he was doing a seriously difficult job by himself - that larger companies employ whole team departments to do. He may have made a couple of bad calls - but  then there isn't a single forum member here that hasn't done a job without making a mistake. It's called human error. I don't doubt he's learned from the experience and I think that's important to remember. 

The lawsuit has nothing to do with Gun. The lawsuit is Sean S. Cunningham's baby. His creation. 

I won't be buying it when it first comes out, but that's just because I need the money for other things. If I see it on clearance one day I might pick it up then. 

I'd rather put my cash toward a more accurate replica hockey mask. 

Sorry if im captain obvious here but is anyone suprised at the results? It seems to me an excuse to bitch about the game. Why would anyone here buy the CE? This is definitely for people who have never played the game and they are not on these forums

What would be the point? For people who already bought all DLC there's no point, unless you really want the poster or mask. For those who haven't bought the game yet it would be cheaper to buy the standard edition then buy the DLC separately. 

• Thanks 1