Sign in to follow this  
Homerloco

Somebody explain me this because I still not understand it

If someone else made a thread like this please post the link here before closing this thread, thanks

Wes said that even if the lawsuit be solved "in our side" they won't add new content like uber jason and grendel, but the only reason he gave us was: "this things with videogames doesn't work like all of you thought". Sorry Wes but this is not a real reason, is just an excuse, not a reason. Do you really think that we are gonna believe that in these kind of situations what is done is delete all the stuff you already had developed? Seriously you can not "press the pause button" and lay aside that content, and pick it up when it can be released?

In case that you really can't do that, the "explanations" you gave are not enough, are very far from be enough

They've moved on to other projects and can't just full stop those then restart. They're in the business of making money. I'm not 100% certain about the legal reasons forbidding new content in the sense that they'd need to re-negotiate a new license to continue it further anyway.

1 hour ago, Homerloco said:

In case that you really can't do that, the "explanations" you gave are not enough, are very far from be enough

Answer this and you should know why with out knowing when the lawsuit will end would you pay people to finish uber jason and grendel just to have them sit there for months or years because of the lawsuit and hope the game is still being played and worth putting them into game. or pay them to sit around and wait for the lawsuit  to end so the artist etc can go back to finishing uber jason and grendel

Wes stated previously that they can't just cease everything they're working on and then pick it all back up again when the lawsuit is concluded. It's too expensive and the content risks being made for nothing if it can't be added afterwards. Implementing it after completion also has costs associated with it.

Let me start off by saying that I'm not speaking on Gun or IllFonic's behalf here, I simply look at things from a broader perspective from how they may simply appear on the surface. What people are failing to understand is that Gun and IllFonic are businesses. They can't risk bankruptcy by continuing to develop content that is likely not even going to be added. If they go bankrupt, then we wouldn't even have a team who can fix bugs anymore. They're extremely passionate people who put a huge amount of time and effort into making the game for us, but money isn't unlimited. They want to give us all the stuff they've been working on but they seriously just can't, and anyone who reads this needs to understand that. It cannot be done, they're not allowed to do it and there is no other way around it no matter what people say about "Oh you could try doing this". If you've thought of it, it's likely someone over there already has too. It's literally in their best interests because it keeps everyone in jobs and the game successful.

Also whilst on the topic, let me address all the people who are saying 'they're thieves/robbing so and so's/money grabbers'. If anyone wants any fixes, any dedicated servers on consoles, if they want PC's dedicated servers to keep going, if they want anything at all to happen with the game then you need to understand that companies need money to do these things. It's nothing to do with being 'money grabbers', it's about running a business and understanding that everything has costs associated with it. People have wages that need paying and money isn't infinite. Some people need to show some understanding when it comes to these issues, it's just the way of the world. If you truly care about the game then you'll understand that money really is a massive factor in everything and by buying things they're offering, you're helping to keep the game going. Don't be so surprised that they made premium DLC packs on top of the tons of free stuff they gave us, money doesn't grow on trees.

Also @Homerloco, Wes stated on Twitter that Uber and the Grendel weren't ready to be released for about 7 or 8 different reasons. They were both incomplete, and they can't afford to keep working on it on the off chance it might be added. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1