MelonWizard

Going ragdoll? Recent post by Wes

So I saw this... https://twitter.com/weskeltner/status/800818311533658112and I was wondering if there's going to be a feature like in GTA 5 that if you're running around and bump into something or hit yourself with something you'll go into a ragdoll mode. That would be pretty freakin cool. I could actually imagine running away from Jason and then I get hit by a tree branch or something along the way and I get knocked down or I trip on something in the middle of the way and fall flat on my face giving Jason an even better chance at killing me. Or in the case that he isn't around you could just laugh at yourself for going into ragdoll mode.

• Like 1

I think what happened is after his head got smash into the door by Jason, his body flung into the chair. That's just what I think though.

Yea that's what Wes said happened on his Twitter and I remember them talking in another topic about counselor movements and Wes describing about when it came to designing the game as a developer they had to make sure that whenever a counselor stepped on a log or rock or something there foot would just go through it and it would look like their foot is just inside of a log but it would actually go on top of it and while we were discussing animation I think we can apply it here first the game wouldn't be fair if every time Jason chased you and you were running you body went into rag doll mode and then he would catch and kill you also it would look extremely stupid for someone's body to just go completely limp until they hit the ground specially if Jason is chasing you it's not how people realistically fall so I'm fairly certain rag doll mode won't be a thing in this game although you character can stumble while running like when they run out of stamina or are extremely scared and fleeing from jason they will start to trip up but they need to make it fair and if you tripped over every little thing when Jason was chasing you it would give him an unfair advantage and no one would want to play the counselor if their is no hope of getting away from him

I love ragdoll stuff, but it'll need to be within reason (and yeah, this one was a bug) so it won't break atmosphere too much.

Still, there's potential for fun unintended stuff.

• Like 1

I would like to see Jason ragdoll. Like if you hit him from behind with a car or if they add a tractor, that should definitely do it. 

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The one scenario that I think ragdolling might be ok is if a counselor is on the other side of a door or wall when Jason rages through and runs them down.

Well one other way. After you die the bodies seem to go weirdly super ragdoll sometimes. I was watching one video with H20Delirioius or Ohmwrecker one where they killed someone as Jason and then walked too close to the body and Jason bumped it into a ragdoll cartwheel.