Sign in to follow this  
Manny1985

F13 Slasher Edition and Dedicated Servers

Will dedicate servers come before or after f13 se?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think dedicated servers will arrive

• Before Slasher Edition Release
    • After Slasher Edition Release?
    • Never

Just wondering what people’s thoughts are on this.

I honestly don’t think they’ll ever arrive. I mean, what’s the point?

And I damn sure will steer anybody I know away from purchasing this special edition. I’m sure that wouldn’t be difficult after explaining the host disconnects, Jason teamers, inability to swap weapons (let’s be real; nobody buying this game at this time will ever make it to level 113), and the myriad of glitches that currently exist in this game that will clearly never be fixed.

Any of my friends that may want this game will expect a horror game. Explaining to them the bunny costumes, dancing emotes, and trolls will 150% be enough to kill their interest in this game, and I will be happy to do it.

This game is dead and nothing Gun or Illfonic does now will fix it. 

EDIT: I just watched the trailer for the special edition, and it looks like Gun is even advertising swappable weapons to new players. That is hilarious. Wait until they boot the game up and see that they need to play over a hundred hours to use it. ?

• Like 2

They arent coming. Theres comments on it daily  with no news of it. But if a leak gets out, they drop everything to make sure thats corrected. At one point we were even told that servers 1# priority. 

4 hours ago, K3ys3r S0z3 said:

They arent coming. Theres comments on it daily  with no news of it. But if a leak gets out, they drop everything to make sure thats corrected. At one point we were even told that servers 1# priority. 

Well until the servers are done there wouldn't be much to say really. But I agree I don't think we'll see them. Or if we do it'll be for a couple of months three at the most.

I'll be very surprised to see Dedicated Servers at all, much less with the release of this pointless physical copy that nobody will buy, because I can virtually guarantee that anyone who already bought a physical copy on Oct 13th also purchased most if not all the DLC.

If the Slasher Edition is supposed to fund Dedicated Servers, we're never going to see them. 

20 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Well until the servers are done there wouldn't be much to say really. But I agree I don't think we'll see them. Or if we do it'll be for a couple of months three at the most.

I would get that if we had a discussion about this last month and Im just being a impatient ass. But this was said before launch, August, and in February. Pretty sure there was an update in December as well but not sure. It did get the soon treatment again when the no content was announced.  Its a shit or get off the pot kind of situation here. We get it if they arent coming. Yeah people are gonna be pissed but you take your lashings and move on. But the longer they keep “sooning” this, the more its just proving what everyone thinks that its a pathetic cash grab now. 

I havent even played this game online since December. I swore off multiplayer til we get the dedicated servers that were promised. 

57 minutes ago, K3ys3r S0z3 said:

I would get that if we had a discussion about this last month and Im just being a impatient ass. But this was said before launch, August, and in February. Pretty sure there was an update in December as well but not sure. It did get the soon treatment again when the no content was announced.  Its a shit or get off the pot kind of situation here. We get it if they arent coming. Yeah people are gonna be pissed but you take your lashings and move on. But the longer they keep “sooning” this, the more its just proving what everyone thinks that its a pathetic cash grab now. 

I havent even played this game online since December. I swore off multiplayer til we get the dedicated servers that were promised. 

I don't think you're being impatient. Just don't think there's much for them to say. Short of them being ready to launch or being cancelled. 

The "slasher edition" couldn't possibly be a funding event to deliver dedicated serves right? Duh. Um yes they're coming after the new physical game. 

Judging by the polls... nobody is any good with math (at least not the 2+2 formula, it's pretty advanced), does nobody bother to think? I really doubt the majority is that dense. So might as well call this poll F##k F13, and gun media.... then they can merge it in with EVERY OTHER TOPIC in the last 2 months... sheeple

55 minutes ago, VoorheesGt101 said:

The "slasher edition" couldn't possibly be a funding event to deliver dedicated serves right? Duh. Um yes they're coming after the new physical game. 

Judging by the polls... nobody is any good with math (at least not the 2+2 formula, it's pretty advanced), does nobody bother to think? I really doubt the majority is that dense. So might as well call this poll F##k F13, and gun media.... then they can merge it in with EVERY OTHER TOPIC in the last 2 months... sheeple

It's an opinion poll. There's really no right or wrong answer. At the moment, the majority feels a certain way for a reason. Your opposing view is just as valid as the view others have. All we can do is wait. We may get the servers, or we may not. Personally, I'm on the fence as to the likelihood of those dedicated servers. Your viewpoint puts another spin on the equation. It's not so much 2+2 now as it is more like the quadratic formula. Those who want to know the outcome will stay tuned. Those who don't will move on. Everyone, place your bets...

1548630149_QuadraticEquation.jpg.e1c8a8b27cb4d53b833a901534693784.jpg

I don't think they'll be adding dedicated servers, because that's a continuous drain, not a one-time payment. A continuous drain for a game that cannot be monetized anymore outside of game sales, which must be dwindling even more now that people know the game has no future.

I think it will come some day…...but I don't want them…..they are just too expensive......

But the dumbass I am , I clicked accidentally on never. I think after Slasher Edition release.