ShiftySamurai

Friday the 13th: The Game Ultimate Slasher Editions

44 minutes ago, Ralph Voorhees said:

You can't even buy the Ultimate Slasher Edition version with the mask online anymore. X1 and PS4. 

Looks like X1 may be sold out (online), but PS4 still available at BestBuy. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/friday-the-13th-the-game-ultimate-slasher-collectors-edition-playstation-4/6283712.p?skuId=6283712

Was going to pick this up at GameStop today, was told the only copies they were getting in store were pre-orders, and they will not be receiving anymore. So far, no local stores (Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy) near me have it in stock. What's up with that?

2 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Was going to pick this up at GameStop today, was told the only copies they were getting in store were pre-orders, and they will not be receiving anymore. So far, no local stores (Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy) near me have it in stock. What's up with that?

I would assume the initial print run was pretty conservative. After all it's probably pretty hard to accurately gauge the interest. 

36 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

^is there anything you get that we didn't already have?

For me it was the mask, poster and all the dlc (I didn’t have any of it). 

On 7/23/2018 at 3:09 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

Or it means “ we did all that work and can’t release it or anything else !!!! Fuck !!!”

How we choose interpret the no more content issue comes down to what we know,  don’t know or think happened...

all speculations until we are given the whole story.

I tend to agree with @Ralph Wiggum777

Why do all that work with the map and the Jason models and the kills if they didn’t plan to release it in the first place.

I think they CAN release it BUT they CAN'T get any sort of profit from it, meaning they can't sell it

On 11/15/2019 at 9:41 PM, VLK said:

I think they CAN release it BUT they CAN'T get any sort of profit from it, meaning they can't sell it

Yes and No.......they could release content but then be sued for releasing it as anything new released into the game requires the license holders approval.......and if Victor /Horror Inc can show an increase in sales to the game because of said new content they would have grounds by law to seek their share of those monetary gains.

Now that more information has come to light and the courts decision ruled in Victors favor....

The lawsuit affects the game in a few ways...

Guns agreement for the license was with Horror inc and Sean Cunningham.....Not Victor Miller so going forward it would require a new agreement with Him and since Sean owns the right to the rest of the franchise and the original F13 outside of the USA his approval would also be needed as well for releasing new content as well since the game is a worldwide release......

Development of new content costs money so if they were to release content for free that would be a very poor business model to use..... the developers paying for more content development without a way to make money from releasing said content could /would put the game in a place where it is no longer a profitable venture.

Interesting. didn't knew about the international releases, but then again profit would be the point of debate, since mods and fan stuff that have been released for free is usually exempt of such regulations because is not getting any profit