ShiftySamurai

Friday the 13th: The Game Ultimate Slasher Editions

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:26 PM, DasMurich said:

That's the whole thing though - they can release Jason X as he is but they won't do it. He isn't finished they say, needing his music, unique sounds, what ever other minors. 

I think most people that feel he should be released are well aware that he wouldn't be coming with these things and are fine with it. 

Ghost Jason was released for Killer Puzzle because he was there in the files before the deadline. Jason X was there before the deadline, albeit less polished, but it seems done well enough that players want him in there. 

That's the whole thing though, THEY CAN'T. Like I just said in the exact post you quoted. There's a lot of nuances in an intellectual property court case, especially an IP as large as this one. Unless you have access to some court transcripts or a personal relationship with the judge hearing the case, there's no way you can know for sure what's explicitly allowed and not allowed as far as them releasing things for either game.  This game is probably under even heavier scrutiny from the lawsuit's rules than the puzzle game since Sean Cunningham is directly involved with this game. 

I tend to be more of a realist in this topic, meaning that if they spent all that time building the character model and map up to the point that they had, it certainly wouldn't make any sense for them to just randomly say "f*ck it" and decide to quit on it so close to completion. That would be like spending months building a car and deciding to just quit when all that's left to do it paint it. No one does that unless they're forced to.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

I tend to be more of a realist in this topic, meaning that if they spent all that time building the character model and map up to the point that they had, it certainly wouldn't make any sense for them to just randomly say "f*ck it" and decide to quit on it so close to completion.

Except that they've stated they're done with anymore content regardless, which basically means they did all that work and said "f*ck it".

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Except that they've stated they're done with anymore content regardless, which basically means they did all that work and said "f*ck it".

Or it means “ we did all that work and can’t release it or anything else !!!! Fuck !!!”

How we choose interpret the no more content issue comes down to what we know,  don’t know or think happened...

all speculations until we are given the whole story.

I tend to agree with @Ralph Wiggum777

Why do all that work with the map and the Jason models and the kills if they didn’t plan to release it in the first place.

35 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Why do all that work with the map and the Jason models and the kills if they didn’t plan to release it in the first place.

There's two options as far as I see it -

1. Release Uber as is, as he was already included before the deadline - like the box art and poster for the collector's edition is just now being released, it was probably done before the deadline. Just like Ghost Jason for Killer Puzzle, was there before the deadline. 

Or

2. Make a commitment to finish him off when the lawsuit is done. Keep on working on whatever they're working on and just shelve him, then when the time is right, give him some polish and add him. 

But, they've done neither. They've only said they're done with content. Period. What we do know is there will be no content due to the lawsuit and what we also know is that when it is resolved there will still be no new content. That's not a speculation. 

As to "why", speculate away.

24 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

1. Release Uber as is, as he was already included before the deadline - like the box art and poster for the collector's edition is just now being released, it was probably done before the deadline. Just like Ghost Jason for Killer Puzzle, was there before the deadline. 

Or

2. Make a commitment to finish him off when the lawsuit is done. Keep on working on whatever they're working on and just shelve him, then when the time is right, give him some polish and add him. 

But, they've done neither. They've only said they're done with content. Period. What we do know is there will be no content due to the lawsuit and what we also know is that when it is resolved there will still be no new content. That's not a speculation. 

As to "why", speculate away.

I don’t disagree with what you are saying 

uber looks finished and seems like all evidence shows he was already in the code along with his kills.....

they have posted why they will not finish and shelf the items.... do I agree with it no but I also don’t know why these are the terms to end of content, I can only speculate the reasons..... 

what we deem “finished” may not fit into the letter of the law that they are forced to Comply with....it just doesn’t seem to make sense to work on something and it be nearly done with no intention of releasing said content to us......yet this is all speculation... also we don’t know what the outcome of the lawsuit will yeild,  the developers must by law say they cannot and willnot produce content ever again until the lawsuit ends.

things change every day I will not be surprised if after all is said and done and it ends favorably for the game that some type of content resumes..... especially after their next project tanks because of the shenanigans that have happened up to this point. 

Back to our regularly scheduled topic....

no way will I purchase this edition it could have rainbows and machetes flying out of it’s ass and I wouldn’t pay another dime to get items I already have.

the only way I would purchase it is if it included 

Grendel map

jason X

all 6 of his kills

counselor pj pack

spear and fire axe kills.....

20 hours ago, DasMurich said:

Unless you're the judge overseeing the court case, the rest of that comment was irrelevant so I didn't bother quoting it. Fact is you, nor I, know the full extent of the lawsuit, what's explicitly being controlled because of it, or the inner workings of Gun Media as a company. It's ironic at the end of your post that you invite people to "speculate away", cause without any of that knowledge I just mentioned, all that can be said about the topic is the same 9-10 regurgitated speculations that have been said to death at this point, including your two options.  In other words...

20 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

no way will I purchase this edition it could have rainbows and machetes flying out of it’s ass and I wouldn’t pay another dime to get items I already have.

You can't tell me that if they made a special throwable item exclusive for this version where Jason is able to throw machetes out of his ass with a rainbow trail behind them that you wouldn't at least consider dropping the dough for it. I mean, the shitchete rainbow of death would be the ultimate troll kill. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have been supportive of Gunn and illfonic in all of my posts to date. However today was the final straw! Ok so first let’s start with the most accurate screen model mask statement. Not even close! Yes Neca is a known replica company but, what’s w the yellow tinge? You want a real close replica? $75 on Etsy.com. Second of all, REALLY you missed it? The kills in the trailer that would never see the light of day. Ball after ball has been dropped on this game. Please just fix all current bugs and give us independent servers like promised! Anything and everything else at this point needs to be taken w a grain of salt. Your lack of throughput has left your credibility in the salt mines!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cash1980 said:

give us independent servers like promised!

Give us that and the Server will be down in 2 months.

Better alternative : Don't kill the host before anyone else.

On 7/25/2018 at 1:29 AM, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Give us that and the Server will be down in 2 months.

Better alternative : Don't kill the host before anyone else.

Or, stick to single player and realize how much of this games development was squandered on shit like an "engine" upgrade, around 48+ emotes (30 of them obtained by doing the single player challenges) instead of kills for Jason, clothing packs for the counselors instead of alternate pallets/outfits for Jason, or even fixing the day 1 problems of hearing a specific Jason's chase music instead of part 3's or objects in the way of kill zones making certain kill zones impossible to use.

But nah, gotta have those epic dance emotes so that you can troll Jason while he's stuck being stunlocked and then IF he kills you, you just leave and crash the game because you were the host the whole time.

We won't be getting servers for consoles. We'll be lucky if we get anymore bug fixes. At this rate, they should just make a toggle to enable the rainbow fluorescent blood because who the fuck cares about any sort of accuracy at this point? 

• Thanks 1

On 7/18/2018 at 4:37 PM, wes said:

The basic structure of the trailer (footage captured) was laid out months and months ago for the Slasher+Collectors editions.

months and months ago was before the lawsuit. so if u had these ready for so long why cant you release them? the way i understood it was everything made AFTER the deadline cant be released, if u had those months and months before it already ingame why cant you release them?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

Or, stick to single player and realize how much of this games development was squandered on shit like an "engine" upgrade, around 48+ emotes (30 of them obtained by doing the single player challenges) instead of kills for Jason, clothing packs for the counselors instead of alternate pallets/outfits for Jason, or even fixing the day 1 problems of hearing a specific Jason's chase music instead of part 3's or objects in the way of kill zones making certain kill zones impossible to use.

But nah, gotta have those epic dance emotes so that you can troll Jason while he's stuck being stunlocked and then IF he kills you, you just leave and crash the game because you were the host the whole time.

We won't be getting servers for consoles. We'll be lucky if we get anymore bug fixes. At this rate, they should just make a toggle to enable the rainbow fluorescent blood because who the fuck cares about any sort of accuracy at this point? 

I know that they fucked up hard but I don't really get what you were trying to tell me.

Just now, jahzaveamanaie said:

months and months ago was before the lawsuit. so if u had these ready for so long why cant you release them? the way i understood it was everything made AFTER the deadline cant be released, if u had those months and months before it already ingame why cant you release them?

It was more important to make emotes for the counselors and get those out. How else are you gonna epic troll jason for 20 minutes?

I'm not joking; Jason and his specific content was not the primary focus, it wasn't even the secondary focus, it was the tertiary focus. Primary focus was counselors having random inane shit like costumes and 30 outfits to go through with different colors. Secondary focus was balancing in favor of the counselor. Gotta make sure those babies from dead by daylight feel right at home. Jason came after that.

Why do you think we only got 3 kill packs with only 3 kills each? The bloody Jason skins were given at the same time the 101 cap was lifted, along with the counselors getting a bevy of clothes. But, oh no, more kills for Jason? Costumes for Jason? man fuck that, time for a dance party.

3 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I know that they fucked up hard but I don't really get what you were trying to tell me.

That we won't be getting servers. We'll be lucky if they give another bug fix.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Nope, no update at all, based on past ways of doing things i would guess that we won't hear anything until a day or two before hand

1 hour ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Nope, no update at all, based on past ways of doing things i would guess that we won't hear anything until a day or two after it happens

Fixed it for ya, @Official_Adam_W ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

To correct what you corrected i was referring in terms of when there was delays or other announcements they would tell us the day before.

To correct what you corrected that I corrected........we can all agree they do shit in a pretty fucked up manner. Right, homie? Hahahahahahaaaaaaaa

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

To correct what you corrected that I corrected........we can all agree they do shit in a pretty fucked up manner. Right, homie? Hahahahahahaaaaaaaa

No correction needed for your correction of my correction to your correction. We are both correct lol Great to have you back on here

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

No correction needed for your correction of my correction to your correction. We are both correct lol Great to have you back on here

Correct!!

• Like 1

Something of a sad state of affairs when some of my favorite moments in this game is seeing what kind of fluorescent light show I can make happen in Pinehurst.

They should just make it a cheat code at this point for various colored blood.

I also hate that there were no daytime versions of stages since many of Jason's massacres happen in the middle of the day.

Who's your target market for this? Anyone already interested in the game has already bought it, and I find it difficult to believe that you guys think there's a vast amount of consumers just waiting for a cheaply produced mask and content bundle to play a game with no developmental future and a colossal amount of bugs even non players are aware of?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Who's your target market for this? Anyone already interested in the game has already bought it, and I find it difficult to believe that you guys think there's a vast amount of consumers just waiting for a cheaply produced mask and content bundle to play a game with no developmental future and a colossal amount of bugs even non players are aware of?

My best guess would be die-hards, people giving gifts for the upcoming holiday season, or people who don't own the game on a different platform. I mean, I saw more talk about just wanting the poster than anything else.

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Don't get me wrong because I completely agree. Unless these things were custom ordered it makes little to no sense to try to move these through retail shelves. I still see copies of the regular game sitting for months and months at B&M stores as it is. I mean, they could make it scarce but I guess they're doubling-down on moving more units and in their mind, more profit? IDK, I want to say the thing could mean something to collectors but even then you wouldn't want to tamper with it and besides, the disk+DLC inside the box will soon be rather meaningless.

Perhaps it will be an ironic collectable, like a copy of Atari's E.T.