ShiftySamurai

Friday the 13th: The Game Ultimate Slasher Editions

1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

tenor.gif?itemid=8449095

All right, let's see...

BR - Roy (Reveal with spikes), IV ending with axe to head, TF2 Medic, IX, Savini holding Freddy's head, unmasked Uber, Uber, Unmasked VIII holding IX's unmasked head

MR - MKX Jason, III with axe to head, VI, VII, VII, VI ending, VII unmasked with what I think is being strangled by TF2 Demoman?, TF2 Heavy

FR - TF2 Scout, VI with chains (but I could be missing something? The leg is throwing me off), unmasked II, IV, II, Kid Jason, III, Roy w/ machete shears, Retro, Dream Jason, Tommy wearing V's mask

And of course Pamela's head at the very bottom.

How'd I do?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

The multiplayer component of this game is dead. All that is left is the singleplayer content vs Bots, the challenges, and the virtual cabin. Good going guys, your focus on the counselor dress up dance parties was so important that the game about Jason has very little Jason content when all you have is single player.

GG, no RE.

Agreed. This was one of their biggest setbacks. Too much focus around Fortnite like content when it should've been strictly Friday the 13th related.

It's nauseating to think, they couldn't at least scrap the unlockable emotes and kept their attention around Grendel/Uber before the lawsuit was catching up to them. I would've been perfectly fine if Uber Jason was the only thing unlockable by completing the challenges. 

• Like 3

I’m not a fan of Uber, the Grendel or the movie they come from. I could’ve cared less if they ever released.

But with my bias out of the way, while I DO empathize with those who were looking forward to them, I can’t say I completely understand it. The community never seemed satisfied with ANYTHING they did. 

13 minutes ago, JackTV said:

I’m not a fan of Uber, the Grendel or the movie they come from. I could’ve cared less if they ever released.

But with my bias out of the way, while I DO empathize with those who were looking forward to them, I can’t say I completely understand it. The community never seemed satisfied with ANYTHING they did. 

If for no other reason than completionism to have all of the film Jasons they had the rights to use.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

So your position is that the lawsuit should take even more stuff away from the fans...? Good luck on that island. 

No My Position Is more on Fairness,How come they can produce Ghost Jason when he wasn't activated yet we've all seen Uber Jason,his Kills etc.but not get to actually play as him. He was leaked might as well fix him up and release him.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

Agreed. This was one of their biggest setbacks. Too much focus around Fortnite like content when it should've been strictly Friday the 13th related.

It's nauseating to think, they couldn't at least scrap the unlockable emotes and kept their attention around Grendel/Uber before the lawsuit was catching up to them. I would've been perfectly fine if Uber Jason was the only thing unlockable by completing the challenges. 

People may think I'm taking a dump on this game.

I'm not, I'm passionate about it and I love it, and because I love it, I have such rage over the focus being on the temporary aspect of the game.

Servers or not, the miltiplayer will die off, hell, it's dead as is, even on PC. That leaves what a player can do on their own.

The singleplayer content is fun; bots that you can slaughter and try to escape/fight back, custom "movie" scenes you can re-enact and do certain tasks in them, and the cabin full of trivia, but there needed to be more. Even if that "more" was just more kills and more Jasons. I showed I was perfectly willing to shell out money in double for this content, I did it on both versions I own to get all weapon kill packs, but therin lies the problem.

While we got 2 free Jasons with 3 kills each, we got only 3 kill packs with 3 kills each (Pigsplitter, machete, and pickaxe), and 3 bonus kills for after rank 101 . We got the light/heavy bloody skins for the Jasons, and the suit alternate for roy. Seems nice... until you compare it to what the Counselors got.

We got full outfit sets for the server delay (with variants), we got the Spring Break clothing pack (with variants), we got the Halloween costume pack (with variants), we got post rank 101 outfits (with variants), four new counselors (complete with multiple wardrobe changes and post 101 outfit variants), and, god forbid, nearly 50 goddamn emotes. Each one a motion capture.

The first 6 emotes were fine, they served as a means to communicate without a mic. Everything after that was pointless beyond highlighting how little the players playing as counselors had to actually fear. 

Those emotes were more important than kills. This is evident in the fact that the single player Jason challenges unlock counselor emotes.

Are you fucking serious?

Apparently they are. For acquiring all 30 Skulls you get... 30 fucking emotes. I'd gladly trade all 30 emotes for 15 kills for Jason. Hell, I'd gladly trade a 3 skull run for 1 kill and have there be 10 special kills done by "perfecting" each challenge. No? Okay, how about... I do all 10 challenges, all three skulls, and you give me the Farm Pitchfork as a weapon? No? Well how about the Jason head-tilt? No, not even that? No Jason costumes? 

And I sit here, fuming, knowing how complete Uber Jason is, knowing that there are more kills for the fire axe and the spear, and they will never release them.

No, just an "ultimate slasher" version with all the previous patches included.

friday_the_12th.jpg

• Thanks 4

12 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

tenor.gif?itemid=8449095

From Right to left from the down Right Corner.

Tommy Jason Holding a knife with Part V mask , Dream Jason Holding in his Hand , Retro Jason Scratching his shoulder , Roy Holding two machetes in form of the shears (green Jumpsuit) , Part III with an axe , Kid Jason , Part II with a pick-axe , Part IV with a Pig Splitter , Unmasked Part II , chained Part VI with a knife and rotten legs (?) , Random TF character , Another random TF character , yet another TF character , Part VI with a Trapper mask , Part VI Holding his chain , Part VIII , Part VII (Maybe with a machete?) , Part VI with a spear , Part II with an axe in his head , MKX Jason Holding a machete , unmasked Part VIII with an unmasked JGTH Jason head making a really weird pose , Uber-Jason Holding the Machete X / Uber-Machete , unmasked Uber-Jason , Savini Holding the devil's Trident and Freddy's head in his head (did he get that model from DbD?) , JGTH Jason with a battle axe , another TF character , unmasked Part IV with a machete in his head and unmasked Roy (that one was hard but I think I know what it is) impaled like in the ending of Part V plus Pamela's shrine in the Bottom.

Edit : Damn it , I didn't see the last page.

21 hours ago, TeddoGBear said:

No My Position Is more on Fairness,How come they can produce Ghost Jason when he wasn't activated yet we've all seen Uber Jason,his Kills etc.but not get to actually play as him. He was leaked might as well fix him up and release him.

Like I've said to others before, if they could release the content they would. Obviously there's something in the lawsuit that's stopping them from doing so. They didn't spend all that labor and time building the Jason X model and Grendel map just to tease everyone and then quit. Lawsuits, especially IP lawsuits, are messy and complicated. None of us are privy to the details of the court case, and even if we were there's probably a lot of legal jargon and rules nuances that we wouldn't understand. The fact is, making a ghost character (it's really not even a character, just a reskin over the same block model) in the mobile game takes a lot less time than designing an accurate Jason X model with new kills and a map to go along with it. Gun just didn't get it done in the time allowed and the puzzle game did. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Regarding Uber/Grendel.

The timeline of everything is pretty strange and it makes them look bad in retrospect in terms of mismanaging the whole content pipeline.

Uber was revealed in December, looking complete as a model. Yet Roy/Pinehurst came BEFORE them. What was the holdup? Why were they skipped? It couldn't have possibly been Uber himself. It seems the Grendel map could've been the hold up. It almost seems like Roy/Pinehurst was probably done because of Paranoia being shelved (and the lawsuit knowledge), so instead of releasing Roy/Pinehurst down the road, they instead pushed them ahead of everything to make up for Paranoia. In the process, Uber/Grendel got put on the back burner.

That's part of it, the other part is it seems to me that Illfonic didn't (and doesn't) have as many people working on this game as we'd like to think. Which in turn, makes the wheels turn VERY SLOW and when you combine that with the 1 step forward/2 steps back bugfixes. It fucked everything up.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Like I've said to others before, if they could release the content they would. 

That's the whole thing though - they can release Jason X as he is but they won't do it. He isn't finished they say, needing his music, unique sounds, what ever other minors. 

I think most people that feel he should be released are well aware that he wouldn't be coming with these things and are fine with it. 

Ghost Jason was released for Killer Puzzle because he was there in the files before the deadline. Jason X was there before the deadline, albeit less polished, but it seems done well enough that players want him in there. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I made a post talking about this.....why not have everyone finish the projects.....save it....and wait out the lawsuit to upload it all....

This would be a good idea,I've heard Devs do in fact do that. They continue development until the stuff is dropped. It's like that saying "What Mama don't know,won't hurt her" and the entire lawsuit would be there mama.Just continue developing behind the shadows. I mean what else is Gun or Illfonic gonna work on. Project Méliès is with another Development Team  then Illfonic but Gun is already getting a bad rep for all they've done in regards to this game and Illfonic worked on another game which did absolutely terrible (Has Mostly Negative) *cough* Dead Alliance *Cough* This is probably Gun and Illfonic's most Successful game. so why not put actual effort till theres a Ruling. If were not hearing any updates on other projects then thats "Bad Business" on its own and on top of that as many have stated Victor Doesn't give the slightest fuck about merchandise. He cares mostly about the movie because he's passionate about that. so even though he'd probably get the rights to Jason the character he can still say. "Yes I give you permission to use my creation in your game that ALREADY uses my creation." I'm sure Victor isn't gonna say No unless people keep saying F*** him but all the harassment is over. Now everyone's most likely attacking the devs which rightfully so considering like I've mentioned for the 10th time on this forum. They can still create content and publish it they are choosing not to. heres what they could've done this is just my Theory though. They could've produced Uber Jason and the Grendel along with Single Player Challenges then if the deadline wasn't meant aka the whole trial took affect.They could've said  "Hey we need to actually do a engine update otherwise our game cannot get dedicated servers for our players" and they'd most likely get that ruling and be allowed to do that. Kill packs like the Fire Axe and Spear I could give less of a shit about. I care mostly at the Grendel not being put in. I like Uber Jason but a new environment would be alot more refreshing. But then again knowing the players that play this game and are numbskulled would still most likely choose Packanack over the Grendel.

Also can't Gun and Illfonic get in trouble for not fulfilling promises on the road map?.. We still got 6 things missing

dfgdfhgbfdgbhncnbcxnbxcvnbxcvnxcn.thumb.jpg.14c793c4c37aefe3ad7835662c4d8419.jpg

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 3:48 PM, TeddoGBear said:

Blablabla

I really can't disagree with that. They can only save themselves , if they do something good out ouf this game. It's not bad Business.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:31 AM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I made a post talking about this.....why not have everyone finish the projects.....save it....and wait out the lawsuit to upload it all....

Didn't you say the Lawsuit would be over in 2 months? Did this actually got confirmed?

35 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I really can't disagree with that. They can only save themselves , if they do something good out ouf this game. It's not bad Business.

I never said it was,I said ignoring your customers and even the Content Map is still a thing and choosing to ignore it along with releasing Collectors edition to this already No DLC game is bad business

In terms of content, what are they ignoring? Questions asked of them? Because when they announced the end of content, they made themselves pretty clear.

I'm just past the point from apologies from the Gun Media/Developer team at this point. I'm not saying I don't appreciate or accept them, but at the same time I have no desire to speak on it. They've done what they can and it is what it is, I'll leave it at that.

@wes @GunMedia_Ben

I don't want anymore communications, no longer care for that and I don't care apologies for either. Just do whatever it takes on keeping this game expanding. At this rate, that's probably the best way you can "sorry" to the fan base. I know Jason X was never anyone's favorite film, but even Uber could be enough for that.

I'm assuming this new upcoming edition of the game is one of your ways of doing that and hopefully not a last ditch effort before cutting off the servers like the speculation I'm hearing about. If that's the case, good for you guys.

16 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Didn't you say the Lawsuit would be over in 2 months? Did this actually got confirmed?

That's whats implied by documentation from the court cases since this won't be a "uber" long lasting court case.

19 hours ago, TeddoGBear said:

This would be a good idea,I've heard Devs do in fact do that. They continue development until the stuff is dropped. It's like that saying "What Mama don't know,won't hurt her" and the entire lawsuit would be there mama.Just continue developing behind the shadows. I mean what else is Gun or Illfonic gonna work on. Project Méliès is with another Development Team  then Illfonic but Gun is already getting a bad rep for all they've done in regards to this game and Illfonic worked on another game which did absolutely terrible (Has Mostly Negative) *cough* Dead Alliance *Cough* This is probably Gun and Illfonic's most Successful game. so why not put actual effort till theres a Ruling. If were not hearing any updates on other projects then thats "Bad Business" on its own and on top of that as many have stated Victor Doesn't give the slightest fuck about merchandise. He cares mostly about the movie because he's passionate about that. so even though he'd probably get the rights to Jason the character he can still say. "Yes I give you permission to use my creation in your game that ALREADY uses my creation." I'm sure Victor isn't gonna say No unless people keep saying F*** him but all the harassment is over. Now everyone's most likely attacking the devs which rightfully so considering like I've mentioned for the 10th time on this forum. They can still create content and publish it they are choosing not to. heres what they could've done this is just my Theory though. They could've produced Uber Jason and the Grendel along with Single Player Challenges then if the deadline wasn't meant aka the whole trial took affect.They could've said  "Hey we need to actually do a engine update otherwise our game cannot get dedicated servers for our players" and they'd most likely get that ruling and be allowed to do that. Kill packs like the Fire Axe and Spear I could give less of a shit about. I care mostly at the Grendel not being put in. I like Uber Jason but a new environment would be alot more refreshing. But then again knowing the players that play this game and are numbskulled would still most likely choose Packanack over the Grendel.

I honestly hope they take the idea that I offered. :(

I wonder if this slasher edition is being pushed now because they plan to give it away for free to playstation plus/xbox gold costumers in October. Its probably the only way to bump the player numbers and maybe a few people would buy some dlc.

1 minute ago, JED said:

I wonder if this slasher edition is being pushed now because they plan to give it away for free to playstation plus/xbox gold costumers in October. Its probably the only way to bump the player numbers and maybe a few people would buy some dlc.

Wait , do you know this for sure? You have proof? Does this mean Free DLC for PSPlus owners?

6 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Wait , do you know this for sure? You have proof? Does this mean Free DLC for PSPlus owners?

Hehe no proof just saying I wonder if this is their plan.

Just now, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Would be awesome but it would be stupid to give every F13 Player the DLC's for free then.

No I said the game not dlc. I've seen this happen with other games. If they give the game away for free to plus members then maybe some of those new people will buy some or all dlc. 

Just now, JED said:

No I said the game not dlc. I've seen this happen with other games. If they give the game away for free to plus members then maybe some of those new people will buy some or all dlc.  

Well , the ultimate slasher Edition has all DLC.

But then again , I just realized this Edition is Physical only.