ShiftySamurai

Friday the 13th: The Game Ultimate Slasher Editions

1 hour ago, Big Daddy J said:

This is indeed a valid question. If the basic structure of that trailer was done months and months ago and it's showing kills they had planned to released, it implies they had many months to complete the legwork needed. The thing is, starting February 3rd they announced they were working on the engine update and that any new content would be delayed while they were focusing on that and the preparation for dedicated servers. The updated engine was implemented May 24th and then we got hit with a "end of content" announcement on June 11th if I recall correctly. Who knows what was worked on in term of content while they were doing the engine update or shortly after. Maybe they just had time to finish and finalize the Part II Kill Pack? I don't know, I'm just guessing here.

• Like 1

I wish the game ran as smoothly as it does in the trailer. Anyone else notice the car icon was red on the mini map? 

Hope this edition brings in some fresh blood and more fix patches.

@Wes that's a good version for those who don't have the game but you know this will bring more trouble. People will complain as such the dedicated servers will not come and such.

And i really want to hear your reply about that are they coming.

If the last few weeks hadn't been as depressingly sad in regards to the game, the release of this slasher edition would have been hilarious. 

The way it is, it's hard for me not to be infuriated. With the edition itself, the trailer, the kills, the state the game is at.

There are quite a few who seem happy with it and who seem willing to buy it, it seems. So good luck with it, I guess. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thor_Bjarnason said:

If the last few weeks hadn't been as depressingly sad in regards to the game, the release of this slasher edition would have been hilarious. 

The way it is, it's hard for me not to be infuriated. With the edition itself, the trailer, the kills, the state the game is at.

There are quite a few who seem happy with it and who seem willing to buy it, it seems. So good luck with it, I guess. 

Hey. If they want to spend $70 on a subpar quality mask and a folded poster, more power to them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I REALLY want that poster. The mask is cool enough I suppose. NECA makes good merch. I'll probably end buying this, mostly for the poster. I don't have the DLC either so I suppose that is a plus.

@ShiftySamurai

will the discs in the slasher collections be the same as the ones we currently have,  and come with codes for all Dlc or are they going to be put into a new compressed disc with it already coded into it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

will the discs in the slasher collections be the same as the ones we currently have,  and come with codes for all Dlc or are they going to be put into a new compressed disc with it already coded into it.

I would like to know this as well, when you got a minute Shifty. 

My favorite part of the video was either Adam grabbing a map, or Buggzy opening a window. 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@ShiftySamurai

will the discs in the slasher collections be the same as the ones we currently have,  and come with codes for all Dlc or are they going to be put into a new compressed disc with it already coded into it.

Same question as well. 

I also find it a little amusing that this is marketed to consoles only but you have the KB+M prompts showing up during the interacts. 

Which raises a further question. Will this Ultimate Slasher Edition be bundled on Steam?

I'm a backer. I backed the game by buying it twice on backerkit (one for ps4 one for PC) , buying Burning Jason for both (learned tom savini had nothing to do with the design, so I call him burning jason), and I bought the bonus clothing pack for PC.

Post launch, my PS4 version got all the kill packs, my PC version got the kill packs, emotes, and outfits.

I've convinced people to get the game and I championed this game non stop.

I've long since done my part and have no reason to buy the game again, especially when the game is "7 people kill a guy with a limp".

I'm upset that single player challenges unlock emotes instead of kills or costumes for Jason or anything relating to Jason.

I'm upset the virtual cabin ends by telling me Uber Jason is on the way, but he never will be.

I'm upset the woodcutter axe and the spear had kill packs ready but that was put on hold for emotes and an engine upgrade that means nothing

I'm upset that instead of less buggy game that had more Jasons and more kills, it's a counselor dance off and dress up game and Jason, the star attraction, takes a back seat.

The multiplayer component of this game is dead. All that is left is the singleplayer content vs Bots, the challenges, and the virtual cabin. Good going guys, your focus on the counselor dress up dance parties was so important that the game about Jason has very little Jason content when all you have is single player.

GG, no RE.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, prodigy said:

PC ? ?

Thanks, but no thanks

3 hours ago, Big Daddy J said:

I REALLY want that poster. The mask is cool enough I suppose. NECA makes good merch. I'll probably end buying this, mostly for the poster. I don't have the DLC either so I suppose that is a plus.

But then the question would be.... do you have to start your progress from level 1 again, or could you just add these DLC codes to your existing account?

9 minutes ago, Ahab said:

But then the question would be.... do you have to start your progress from level 1 again, or could you just add these DLC codes to your existing account?

No clue what you are talking about TBH. No reason why adding DLC codes would reset your progress.

9 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I wouldn’t think you would have to start over from scratch. Your progress (if you’re playing on a console, I have no clue about PC) should be saved to your system. I completed Uncharted 3 on PS3 and then went and bought the Collector’s Edition, when I loaded the game, my progress was still there, but everything that wasn’t unlocked on the regular version was available.

I think the issue here is that even if the Collector's Edition comes with separate DLC codes, you're going to have some left over if you previously bought the game and said DLC. Or do they simply come on the disk? Either way, guess it's the breaks so it can't be doled out piecemeal. 

4 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Hey. If they want to spend $70 on a subpar quality mask and a folded poster, more power to them. 

In another thread, you said you bought a better mask then the one in this pack for 7 bucks on amazon? Can you send me a link?

1 hour ago, 2moar said:

they put up a new video without the unreleased stuff in it, that's the quickest they've ever fix something (other than some post on the forums)

That was an easy fix. All that took was a simple click to delete the clips and re-rendering the vid.

Still, you’re 350% on-point.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

No clue what you are talking about TBH. No reason why adding DLC codes would reset your progress.

If the install overwrites you existing account as @Dragonfire82877 stated, without wiping out your save data... then that is great.... However, this is not something I would play the guessing game with. What exactly is your save game account for this game tied to? I am not sure how this works. Is it tied to your steam account? PlayStation account? Xbox account? Or is it tied to the codes from the game you initially purchased? Do the DLCs in this new package come with separate codes that I can apply to my existing account?
   Whichever way, I would want to know these things before spending the money, let alone wiping my account progress by accident because I just reinstalled with this product and I did not think to ask these questions. If the package comes with codes for the DLCs that are separate from the installation of the core game in the package with its own codes... then you should be fine. It is not like this is specified... and when things are not specified, they are not specified for a reason... and the reason is usually... "Because that is not how it is, or we would have specified that.".... Remember, around here... just because it is supposed to work one way, does not necessarily mean that it will work that way.
   Question everything... but be prepared for an answer you may not like.

If something costs less than a case of beer, I call it "throw away technology." When it costs more than a case of beer, I want to know that specific things included can be used the way I want to use them... or I will buy a case of beer instead. In other words.... If it is not specified that you can do what you want to do with the product, make sure you can do what you want to before you buy the product.

@Dragonfire82877 Consoles do not have client side saves. The author of (at least) one of the threads requesting client side saves was not a PC player. Unplug your internet and load up the game... This is why there have been so many suggestions for client side saves since end of content was announced. People do not want to be playing offline bots at level one every time they boot up the game when the servers are eventually shut down. 

1 hour ago, 2moar said:

they put up a new video without the unreleased stuff in it, that's the quickest they've ever fix something (other than some post on the forums)

Good they did the right thing they knew they had to fix this fast or it would only have gotten worse for them. They were getting a lot of negative feedback on twitter for instance.

2 hours ago, i-cold said:

12EC1D3A3F6D077FF99DB49466F355E36595173E

You’ve become a excellent source of interesting photos. Thank you.