ShiftySamurai

Friday the 13th: The Game Ultimate Slasher Editions

6 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

But then that once again raises the question..... these kills were CLEARLY done before the cutoff date. So WHY exactly can’t they be included?? You guys keep avoiding that very simple, logical question. 

I agree, they are clearly finished and were done months ago so i don't see why they can't be added unless it is because they can't monetize them, i don't know if that is the case but it is the only reason i can think of

• Like 1

Is the scene with the hanging body from the sign in the single player content ? And is weapon swapping a thing from the start on this new version ?  If so I'm pissed as I am at Level 81 and have a way to go to get this. It should be unlocked for all players at this point. I am an original kickstarter backer and among the first few thousand to donate. Please unlock this feature for us with an update @wes  Thanks !

1 minute ago, TWarner said:

Is the scene with the hanging body from the sign in the single player content ? And is weapon swapping a thing from the start on this new version ?  If so I'm pissed as I am at Level 81 and have a way to go to get this. It should be unlocked for all players at this point. I am an original kickstarter backer and among the first few thousand to donate. Please unlock this feature for us with an update @wes  Thanks !

They did say that weapon swapping and all unlockable things are not immediately available, they still have to be unlocked the same way we had to

1 minute ago, Official_Adam_W said:

They did say that weapon swapping and all unlockable things are not immediately available, they still have to be unlocked the same way we had to

Thanks. How about that scene with the hanging body...Anyone ?

Just now, TWarner said:

It’s from SPC, it’s Chad.

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

It’s from SPC, it’s Chad.

Thanks !

1 minute ago, TWarner said:

Its in one of the singleplayer challenges.

1 hour ago, wes said:

Yeah, I dropped the ball on this. We were under a lot of pressure from our retail publishing partners because they are under a lot of pressure from retail outlets. But that's not an excuse. This one is my fault. I should have caught it, as I watched the thing several times, and missed it.

You know they say if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. I've been trying to do that here most of the time by only using the little emojis. For you I wanted to use the little laughing one but apparently I'm only allowed to do this three or four times a day now. 

So seeing how I'm not able to stay quit and us the little emojis I will say this....your yup I dropped the ball comment on this is incredibly lame. I think you guys hate this community now and are more then ready to abandon ship. Your "Ultimate Slasher edition" is still a broken game with no future no matter how much you try to make it look like a finished game. There's not enough fans here now for you guys to take advantage of to keep this turd afloat. 

• Like 4

The mask looks pretty cool, albeit already having the game with all the DLC, makes the purchase for just a mask, that doesn’t really look like pt.3s anyway, a tough buy for me.

Too bad about the unrealesed kills in the trailer, they look cool.

Hi @wes and @ShiftySamurai! I have a question : where I can preorder those editions of the game, except amazon.com, from other distribution retail partners (GameStop)?

Where I can preorder those editions in Canada? Is it a US only distribution?  Amazon.ca doesn’t  show this game from their database. Are they available in Canada?

2 hours ago, wes said:

Actually, this is on me. The basic structure of the trailer (footage captured) was laid out months and months ago for the Slasher+Collectors editions. There were kills that we had planned to release, so they found their way into the first pass of the trailer. Obviously, because of the dispute, we can't release these, but the footage of them slipped through and made their way into the final trailer. Again, this is on me. I should have caught it, but didn't. Sorry about that. 

-W

then why the hell didn't you guys just edit them out of the video before you released it. It comes across as a fucking slap to the face to the fans.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crispen_Glover said:

then why the hell didn't you guys just edit them out of the video before you released it. It comes across as a fucking slap to the face to the fans.

Not only that but I could see some people who already own the game buying this thinking it comes with exclusive kills.  They should take it down and edit it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Crispen_Glover said:

2 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

Not only that but I could see some people who already own the game buying this thinking it comes with exclusive kills.  They should take it down and edit it.

While I think your both overreacting just a tad, I will say it does show a lack of knowledge about their own game that is disturbing, if it makes you feel better though, this commonly happens to people who are very close to projects, it all blends together if your not also playing it regularly. Sorry about that sentence, it just kept going.

5 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

While I think your both overreacting just a tad, I will say it does show a lack of knowledge about their own game that is disturbing, if it makes you feel better though, this commonly happens to people who are very close to projects, it all blends together if your not also playing it regularly. Sorry about that sentence, it just kept going.

Or I'm just not into false advertising. They can edit it.

To be fair I otherwise liked the trailer.  I think the pricing on digital is fine, but the collector's is a bit much.  Then again, some collectors now charge you $159 for a crappy statue.

Much ado about nothing with the 2 kills.

Haven't any of you seen trailers for movies or back cover art on dvds/blurays that include scenes not in the actual movie before? 

Happens all the time, no big deal. 

I can't believe I have to come across as defending this scummy company in a situation.

1 minute ago, NScarlato said:

Or I'm just not into false advertising. They can edit it.

Oh, it should be edited but there’s a reason it wasn’t caught, Wes gave it to you. I just think that maybe acting like this is a slap to the face, is taking it a little bit further than it needs to go. This is just my opinion, you don’t have to agree, you were only quoting someone else so I don’t really know if you agreed with the slap part.

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

Oh, it should be edited but there’s a reason it wasn’t caught, Wes gave it to you. I just think that maybe acting like this is a slap to the face, is taking it a little bit further than it needs to go. This is just my opinion, you don’t have to agree, you were only quoting someone else so I don’t really know if you agreed with the slap part.

Oh, I don't really agree with that.  I guess I can see how some people would perceive it that way, but I really doubt they intentionally are going around displaying work they can't release as a means of antagonizing their customers.  I just think it's another oversight to add to their history of bumbling just about everything, so patience wears thin for some people.

4 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

Oh, I don't really agree with that.  I guess I can see how some people would perceive it that way, but I really doubt they intentionally are going around displaying work they can't release as a means of antagonizing their customers.  I just think it's another oversight to add to their history of bumbling just about everything, so patience wears thin for some people.

Good to know. As a side note I want them to tell us everything that was planned over the course of the next few months, so I wouldn’t see it as a bad move on their part as long as they’re up front about it. 

Just now, Big Daddy J said:

I'm not sure I understand how missing the cutoff due to UI (and the marketplace, lol) by itself means they can't be released if the concepts behind the kills were completed.

• Like 2

Slap in the face.

Innocent mistake

In light of recent events it's pretty funny that they included unreleased content in a trailer for new edition of the game.

Can't release new content... 

Can't add a tree or rock to a map but can release new cover art? Hm.

Sidenote: Everyone does realize if they want a replica mask there's tons of them out there right? You can buy just a mask.

@NScarlato

If the only thing that was need in the game was to "hook them to UI" so they can be equipped - or - needing icons to select the kill that would populate 1 of 4 slots, that can be done in 1 day. Maybe 2 but but I don't see how. Make the icons and add them to the menu. Part 3 Jason has 4 kills, standard. They would just add the new kill spaces as they already have for Jasons Part 2, 4, and 7. They already know how to do it, and have done it, multiple times. 

FFS we aren't even getting a excuse as elaborate as Uber's.

So, I guess the icons would be the new content and therefore no new kills. 

• Like 2

Great trailer! I actually was excited about the new kills thinking digital would possibly be getting 2 new kill packs or one bundle with both....

and then reality punched me in the D****

Wish it was released with out the kills that we won’t ever be getting......

back to depressed mode......

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Too bad these weren't available 2 years ago during the kickstarter, I would've definitely ordered then...

Waaaay too late now

So its been 3 hours since wes has admitted stuff in the trailer isn't in the game, says it shouldn't be in the trailer, but no disclaimer on the youtube video and nothing on the official twitter account. that is messed up