Jump to content
ShiftySamurai

Friday the 13th: The Game Ultimate Slasher Editions

Recommended Posts

We take pride in providing our fans with the most screen accurate collectibles on the market. The team behind Friday the 13th: The Game shares that same approach and that attention to detail comes through as soon as you load up the game. It was a no-brainer for us to collaborate with them and include a Part 3 mask with their Ultimate Slasher Collector’s Edition. - Randy Falk, Director at NECA

We are very excited to be working with Gun Media and NECA to bring these amazing physical collections to one of the most loyal fanbases. The Ultimate Slasher Editions represent the definitive versions of the game and the Collector's Edition includes a mask that is sure to be the centerpiece of every serious fan's collection. - Joseph Sutton, President of Nighthawk Interactive

F13-USCE-Overview.png

Friday the 13th: The Game: Ultimate Slasher Edition MSRP: $39.99 Friday the 13th: The Game: Ultimate Slasher Collector’s Edition MSRP: $69.99. Preorders available on July 16th, 2018 for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Friday the 13th: The Game Ultimate Slasher Edition and Ultimate Slasher Collector’s Edition release on September 4th, 2018.

*does not include Kickstarter/Backer exclusive “Savini Jason” character or backer exclusive clothing pack.

FRIDAY THE 13TH and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © New Line Productions, Inc. and Horror, Inc. (each to the extent of their interest).
 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed new kills,That counts as content weren't the devs saying no new content was coming? Fire Ax. New Spear Kill too.

Didn't they just say No More New Content,Why these 2 new animated kills but still no Uber Jason or Grendel?

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TeddoGBear said:

I noticed new kills,That counts as content weren't the devs saying no new content was coming? Fire Ax. New Spear Kill too.

Didn't they just say No More New Content,Why these 2 new animated kills

Same... interesting. Not only that wouldn’t the limited edition game posters count as new count? It’s obviously not in the game but it still associated with the license that currently in limbo. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

Same... interesting. Not only that wouldn’t the limited edition game posters count as new count? It’s obviously not in the game but it still associated with the license that currently in limbo. 

So what does this mean for the game,is there new content just for this fucking thing or is there new content coming that we have to wait for and the Elephant question in the room is "Since we saw new kills does this mean Uber and Grendel is also coming?" If there was a garantee that Uber and Grendel are coming I'd buy the mask edition until then I have no reason to touch this game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TeddoGBear said:

So what does this mean for the game,is there new content just for this fucking thing or is there new content coming that we have to wait for and the Elephant question in the room is "Since we saw new kills does this mean Uber and Grendel is also coming?"

I am really curious about this as well since outside of the new kills showing in this trailer they were never talked about and as far as we have known and were told, no new content was coming. Which by what is shown in the trailer is untrue

Edit: Wes tweeted about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Official_Adam_W said:

I am really curious about this as well since outside of the new kills showing in this trailer they were never talked about and as far as we have known and were told, no new content was coming. Which by what is shown in the trailer is untrue

Well now this was kind of a bad move,Since they showed those new kills I garantee people are gonna fill there inboxes and bug them about new content now.All because of these new kills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TeddoGBear said:

I noticed new kills,That counts as content weren't the devs saying no new content was coming? Fire Ax. New Spear Kill too.

Didn't they just say No More New Content,Why these 2 new animated kills but still no Uber Jason or Grendel?

 

Actually, this is on me. The basic structure of the trailer (footage captured) was laid out months and months ago for the Slasher+Collectors editions. There were kills that we had planned to release, so they found their way into the first pass of the trailer. Obviously, because of the dispute, we can't release these, but the footage of them slipped through and made their way into the final trailer. Again, this is on me. I should have caught it, but didn't. Sorry about that. 

-W

  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wes said:

Actually, this is on me. The basic structure of the trailer (footage captured) was laid out months and months ago for the Slasher+Collectors editions. There were kills that we had planned to release, so they found their way into the first pass of the trailer. Obviously, because of the dispute, we can't release these, but the footage of them slipped through and made their way into the final trailer. Again, this is on me. I should have caught it, but didn't. Sorry about that. 

-W

So now this is just gonna remain a big tease to fans who have hopes for new kills.. what on earth is going on anymore Wes,i'm seriously chuckling at this point. I'm sorry I don't mean to be a smart ass.. but that's "bad business.."

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TeddoGBear said:

So now this is just gonna remain a big tease to fans who have hopes for new kills.. what on earth is going on anymore Wes,i'm seriously chuckling at this point. I'm sorry I don't mean to be a smart ass.. but that's "bad business.."

Yeah, I dropped the ball on this. We were under a lot of pressure from our retail publishing partners because they are under a lot of pressure from retail outlets. But that's not an excuse. This one is my fault. I should have caught it, as I watched the thing several times, and missed it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wes said:

Yeah, I dropped the ball on this. We were under a lot of pressure from our retail publishing partners because they are under a lot of pressure from retail outlets. But that's not an excuse. This one is my fault. I should have caught it, as I watched the thing several times, and missed it.

I understand that but there will definitely be a lot of confused fans and now people will still say a lot of negative. I've made a statement before on the Questions About Future Content which I dunno if you've seen but there is still a way Illfonic can still produce content. I know you want to play it safe but I'm just hoping that you understand where I'm coming from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- Spectator Bug effectively ending a match seconds in when everyone but Jason and one counselor don't load in

- Random Character when you pick a Counselor/Jason

Those two things carry my attention right now more than anything else and they should've been fixed sooner. (along with speedhackers/interaction locks)

I'd recently made a thread about ways the game could be spiced up that don't involve content. Provided the game ever gets fixed, things can be changed up for variety sake. Now if that can't even be done because it falls under that technicality then...

tumblr_neav81r0xw1swi8zgo1_400.gif

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few questions @wes

1) are you selling the posters or are they freebies? 

2) with this bundles priced at the same price as the game, why is the digital version with no extras still $40? 

3) will the hard copy without DLC have a price drop and will digital get a bundle pack? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The trailer looked good, and I appreciate it being posted here. 

I do think you should add a disclaimer like the Savini Jason and backer clothing have, about Uber and Grendel. As for the kills not sure it’s that big of a deal, it all depends on if they are finished, if they are then you simply release those specific kills at no cost. Which to be honest I have been expecting you to do for some time. You have to have a backlog of finished stuff, have an oops. No one is going to sue for an accidental release of finished content. (I thought it’s what you would do on the 13th but maybe these things take time.) Anyway you know my two cents at this point, the community should come first, as we will be the people who make or break your next project. 

Thank you @ShiftySamurai, @wes. (Also, if you showed us these things first, we would catch anything you miss.)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, wes said:

Yeah, I dropped the ball on this. We were under a lot of pressure from our retail publishing partners because they are under a lot of pressure from retail outlets. But that's not an excuse. This one is my fault. I should have caught it, as I watched the thing several times, and missed it.

Please make a new trailer if we aren't going to get these new kills. Seeing these new kills just rubs it in even deeper!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think I’ll be purchasing this. There’s just too much disappointment surrounding the situation right now. The kills (along with Uber) could in theory be released free of charge if they were in the game before the cutoff date, but it looks like a no.

 I’ve already bought the game twice. It’s just sickeningly disappointing that new content wasn’t pushed earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jasonlives4ever said:

Please make a new trailer if we aren't going to get these new kills. Seeing these new kills just rubs it in even deeper!

I'd say make a new trailer because of these only because like Virtual Cabin 2.0 this feels like empty promises

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible to order it somehow on the internet?  Because I'd love to own one... Or is it like worldwide? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TeddoGBear said:

I'd say make a new trailer because of these only because like Virtual Cabin 2.0 this feels like empty promises

Exactly it literally is false advertisement if we aren't getting these new kills. Please devs fix this ASAP by either making a new trailer or quietly releasing the new kills the same way you did for the part 2 kill pack! Leaving it like this just can't happen!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I backed the game for the digital version of the game and pre-ordered 2 Savini Jason's and the Counselor clothing pack for ps4. I then purchased the physical edition when it came out, after all is said and done i will not be buying any of these as i already own the game twice, i own all the dlc including the backer ones and as much as i love Neca i get better quality masks from indie mask makers.

This is an easy pass for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I flipping told ya @wes I knew the majority of people here would talk negatively.. That being said,I do agree with everyone here unfortunately. People wanna see some of the promises you made when the kickstarter was made. The game isn't affect if Victor Miller said he doesn't care about the games.even the other Friday the 13th game (Killer Puzzle) is still producing content for the game and they are not affected by it. I think that's a safe line to say You and Illfonic are in the clear and can get back to work on production of this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, wes said:

Actually, this is on me. The basic structure of the trailer (footage captured) was laid out months and months ago for the Slasher+Collectors editions. There were kills that we had planned to release, so they found their way into the first pass of the trailer. Obviously, because of the dispute, we can't release these, but the footage of them slipped through and made their way into the final trailer. Again, this is on me. I should have caught it, but didn't. Sorry about that. 

-W

 But then that once again raises the question..... these kills were CLEARLY done before the cutoff date. So WHY exactly can’t they be included?? You guys keep avoiding that very simple, logical question. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t wanna, I don’t wanna ? 

(edit - I am joking, I don’t have anything to let go.)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

 But then that once again raises the question..... these kills were CLEARLY done before the cutoff date. So WHY exactly can’t they be included?? You guys keep avoiding that very simple, logical question. 

They don't want to release them for free is my guess and they can't release them for profit. Same reason they won't release the pajama clothing pack.

Can't make 3 dollars off what looks like kill packs for Part 3 and Part 6. Can't make 3 dollars off Bugsy looking like Johnny Depp from Nightmare 1 and all the females in sleep wear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×