Sign in to follow this  
tyrant666

Ways The Game Can Be Spiced Up That Don't Actually Involve Content

Outside of the obvious, desperate bugfixes the game needs.

I feel like there are ways to spice up the existing game via just changing things around.

Small Maps

- Change the two seater to a boat spawn. I realize the small maps don't have much water, but I'd trade out the 2 seater for a permanent boat on those maps or at least let it alternate, keep the 4 seater though

- Change the Cop Escape from 5 minutes to 7 minutes. Its the meta escape, especially on small maps. It can be 5 if someone wants to call them with the perk

- Jason receives his abilities quicker on small maps for balance purposes, one of the more obvious changes that should've happened when they introduced them last year

- More knives on Packanack and Crystal small

- Change one of the phone spawns on Packanack small to one of the bottom cabins. That area needs more play, just like the big version. Keep the phone at the iconic location though

Jarvis

- Move one of the phone spawns from the bottom of the map to either the Vacation House or the Jarvis House. Those two areas need more play desperately. I know a phone can spawn above those two houses, but one of them should spawn on one of those houses. Its now the only map in the game that doesn't have a phone spawn at an iconic location. If that happens, take the phone spawn above the two houses and put that one on either island on the sides.

- More even item distribution in the cabins.

Pinehurst

- Move one of the car spawns from the top/top right of the map to just outside Pinehurst or Ethel's house and/or the Southeast Corner

- More even item distribution in the cabins

Packanack

- Change one of the phone spawns to the bottom set of cabins. That area needs more play down there as its only contested when the boat spawns down there, but keep the phone spawn at the iconic house too

Big Maps Overall

To make looking for objective items less frustrating and cutting down on trolls holding all the items and/or items just vanishing. I'd say we double the supply of every item except the fuse. So every big map can now spawn with 4 gascans, 4 batteries, 2 propellers and 4 sets of keys.

Overall balance

- Allow Jason to know which generator is tied to the Jarvis Radio and the Jarvis Radio location via markers on the map just like the item markers for counselors when they drop them...I feel like this doesn't qualify as content, but should've been there from the start. This will allow Jason to potentially play for the Jason killing parties on mapstart, with the tradeoff being people who want to escape will have less to deal with.

- If Jason swings and hits a counselor, they can no longer swing through his swings when hit. Since I doubt an animation could be used to show this as it should've been from the start, I'd probably say a two second cooldown for the counselor being hit is enough of a change to get used to. So if you keep trying to swing as counselor, you'll fuck yourself when hit.

- The 'tinker' perk is it? Actually does what it says for counselor. Instead of making the wheel go faster, it makes that counselor have more intelligence so less checks IF its a good version. So now you take a useless perk and make it much more useful and much more viable to trade out for the same old perks people use. If you are a Vanessa troll, you probably won't use it, but if you are a team player, you might be willing to trade out medic, thick skin, swift or sucker for it.

- Jason and Counselor can now block outside combat stance. For counselor they lose weapons quickly if Jason blocks and if Counselors block successfully, Jason has a two second cooldown between his next swing.

- If Jason grabs a counselor in a mob and the grabbed counselor had a pocket knife, that takes precedent over being freed by melee. I felt like this was the case under the old grab, but the new one has a window where a counselor can be saved without their knife being used from what I've seen.

- Highly unlikely, but I've seen it plenty. Counselors trying to hit Jason through windows. Simple, give Jason the car grab animation and allow him to grab counselors that like to be close to windows and pull them in or out windows

- All Jasons should be much harder to demask and maybe Part 9 is scaled to demask at what the rate is now

- Medic should only give out 2 sprays the first time, not more than once

- Controversial one I know....either Stealth needs a major buff or Jason can no longer toggle sense, given the Sense stat way more importance as a strength, neutral and weakness and give sense avoidance perks way more use.

- Either Jason can now toggle Stalk or choose the order of this loadout powers, for instance

1. Morph

2. Stalk

3. Shift

4. Sense

etc etc

Though I still feel like a lot of Jasons are dependent on Sense to Shift/Grab, so it would be interesting to see how many would actually put Stalk higher on the list. At least if you did, you could use stalk early game when counselors aren't settled in yet. As it is, Jason can't play that kind of stalk game in the late game.

Anyway, I know its not perfect, but I think some of these ideas could spice up the game that don't have much to do with content.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Outside of the obvious, desperate bugfixes the game needs.

I feel like there are ways to spice up the existing game via just changing things around.

Small Maps

- Change the two seater to a boat spawn. I realize the small maps don't have much water, but I'd trade out the 2 seater for a permanent boat on those maps or at least let it alternate, keep the 4 seater though

- Change the Cop Escape from 5 minutes to 7 minutes. Its the meta escape, especially on small maps. It can be 5 if someone wants to call them with the perk

- Jason receives his abilities quicker on small maps for balance purposes, one of the more obvious changes that should've happened when they introduced them last year

- More knives on Packanack and Crystal small

- Change one of the phone spawns on Packanack small to one of the bottom cabins. That area needs more play, just like the big version. Keep the phone at the iconic location though

Jarvis

- Move one of the phone spawns from the bottom of the map to either the Vacation House or the Jarvis House. Those two areas need more play desperately. I know a phone can spawn above those two houses, but one of them should spawn on one of those houses. Its now the only map in the game that doesn't have a phone spawn at an iconic location. If that happens, take the phone spawn above the two houses and put that one on either island on the sides.

- More even item distribution in the cabins.

Pinehurst

- Move one of the car spawns from the top/top right of the map to just outside Pinehurst or Ethel's house and/or the Southeast Corner

- More even item distribution in the cabins

Packanack

- Change one of the phone spawns to the bottom set of cabins. That area needs more play down there as its only contested when the boat spawns down there, but keep the phone spawn at the iconic house too

Big Maps Overall

To make looking for objective items less frustrating and cutting down on trolls holding all the items and/or items just vanishing. I'd say we double the supply of every item except the fuse. So every big map can now spawn with 4 gascans, 4 batteries, 2 propellers and 4 sets of keys.

Overall balance

- Allow Jason to know which generator is tied to the Jarvis Radio and the Jarvis Radio location via markers on the map just like the item markers for counselors when they drop them...I feel like this doesn't qualify as content, but should've been there from the start. This will allow Jason to potentially play for the Jason killing parties on mapstart, with the tradeoff being people who want to escape will have less to deal with.

- If Jason swings and hits a counselor, they can no longer swing through his swings when hit. Since I doubt an animation could be used to show this as it should've been from the start, I'd probably say a two second cooldown for the counselor being hit is enough of a change to get used to. So if you keep trying to swing as counselor, you'll fuck yourself when hit.

- The 'tinker' perk is it? Actually does what it says for counselor. Instead of making the wheel go faster, it makes that counselor have more intelligence so less checks IF its a good version. So now you take a useless perk and make it much more useful and much more viable to trade out for the same old perks people use. If you are a Vanessa troll, you probably won't use it, but if you are a team player, you might be willing to trade out medic, thick skin, swift or sucker for it.

- Jason and Counselor can now block outside combat stance. For counselor they lose weapons quickly if Jason blocks and if Counselors block successfully, Jason has a two second cooldown between his next swing.

- If Jason grabs a counselor in a mob and the grabbed counselor had a pocket knife, that takes precedent over being freed by melee. I felt like this was the case under the old grab, but the new one has a window where a counselor can be saved without their knife being used from what I've seen.

- Highly unlikely, but I've seen it plenty. Counselors trying to hit Jason through windows. Simple, give Jason the car grab animation and allow him to grab counselors that like to be close to windows and pull them in or out windows

- All Jasons should be much harder to demask and maybe Part 9 is scaled to demask at what the rate is now

- Medic should only give out 2 sprays the first time, not more than once

- Controversial one I know....either Stealth needs a major buff or Jason can no longer toggle sense, given the Sense stat way more importance as a strength, neutral and weakness and give sense avoidance perks way more use.

- Either Jason can now toggle Stalk or choose the order of this loadout powers, for instance

1. Morph

2. Stalk

3. Shift

4. Sense

etc etc

Though I still feel like a lot of Jasons are dependent on Sense to Shift/Grab, so it would be interesting to see how many would actually put Stalk higher on the list. At least if you did, you could use stalk early game when counselors aren't settled in yet. As it is, Jason can't play that kind of stalk game in the late game.

Anyway, I know its not perfect, but I think some of these ideas could spice up the game that don't have much to do with content.

actually,i liked these ideas.

• Like 1

I’m still gonna say Uber Jason can be put into the game. It may be a statement that’s been beaten to death, but it can still happen.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Interesting ideas. I like the phone moves that you suggested.

I don’t run medic anymore but don’t think it should be nerfed.

The option to start with your powers in an alternate order would be a great improvement. Morph shouldn’t have to be first as Morph should be free when used in the shack. 

• Like 1

Alot of good ideas. I think the cool down after being hit would be a problem though. Jasons would just start hacking everyone. I also think the extra parts would be a problem. I think it'd lead to much faster repairs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

- The 'tinker' perk is it? Actually does what it says for counselor. Instead of making the wheel go faster, it makes that counselor have more intelligence so less checks IF its a good version. So now you take a useless perk and make it much more useful and much more viable to trade out for the same old perks.

Anything to make the other perks worth having would be amazing.

Counselors trying to hit Jason through windows. Simple, give Jason the car grab animation and allow him to grab counselors that like to be close to windows and pull them in or out windows

I agree with this 100% it should have been incorporated from the beginning.

1. Morph

2. Stalk

3. Shift

4. Sense

Hell yes I would love to be able to pick my load out on Jasons abilities.

• Like 2

@tyrant666 I like pretty much every idea you have there... with few exceptions.
    Stealth and Sense are fine as they are. I have several friends that know how to use stealth and have the patience to do it properly... They give me a huge problem finding them in nearly every game we play together.... and yes, I know how the game works very well and am a pretty damned good Jason player. Stealth is fine as it is if you know how to use it and even more importantly: have the patience to use it properly. NO ONE should be able to run around without making any kind of noise... or in "game terms" sound pings.
    As sense is now, without the ability to "spam" sense as we can right now... the sense avoidance perks become WAY too powerful. I have had sense avoidance perks work with the counselor right in front of me for three uses of sense in a row on many occasions. Making it a longer wait to use sense again is ridiculous, particularly with your proposed "major buff" to stealth. Getting rid of the ability to "spam" sense is a MASSIVE buff to counselors. And counselors need no more buffs... they can already get both cars moving before Jason gets his first shift and escape with six counselors VERY early on.... and as I have said before, good luck catching one car without an active shift, let alone two.
    Both suggestions for sense and stealth would make most counselors (with proper perks) super powered ninjas... and we do not need super powered freakin' ninjas in this game... ever. As it is, we already have super powered ninjas in the game... they are the people that are patient enough to use stealth as it is right now, with sense avoidance perks.... As for myself, this would make it extremely hard to even be found by the best Jason players I have seen... which would mean EASY escapes in nearly every game for me. If I wanted to play a game like that, I would be playing Dead By Daylight... I actually like a bit of a challenge though, so I am still here.

I like the idea to change Jason's ability order... as long as it is an option to change it and not forced on everybody. Stalk might be useful near the start, but it is situational AT BEST without the use of sense. If you can easily see the counselor, they can easily see you and your stalk is rendered useless.

Giving Jason an out of combat stance block is a great idea... giving him a two second cooldown before he can attack again just leaves him vulnerable as shit. This will force Jasons to be in block for very long periods of time as counselors just hang around right in his face and wait for him to drop his block... Pretty easy for a counselor to do as ALL of them are faster than any Jason variant. Just putting in that two second delay for Jason to attack after using this block with this would make the piñata Jason tactic WAY easier to do than it already is.
    My own proposal for the out of combat block was something like... it only blocks half the damage of a combat stance block (or a little more than half), but he cannot be demasked while in block. As it was before getting into block was actually slowed, most players that had enough practice could get into combat stance and block as quickly as many people can press one button anyway.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

That's just fucking unfair. If you make it much harder for the others , then not THAT easy against Part IX. Make it atleast the half of the others. But if he keeps that Health , then his Stun Resistance Needs a Major buff. Like Bats can only stun 75% of the time now.

And what About the extremely easily punishable attack from Jason? Why not Change that? Make the Slash faster or make it so , that the counselors can't swing faster than Jason can block after a swing.

AND WHAT ABOUT MEAT-SHIELDING? You know , that you can block with a grabbed a counselor a hit?

I still like a lot of your ideas , don't get me wrong. But I don't know how to think About 4 keys……… And some are favoring counselors too much again.

20 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Can’t do any of that. Because according to Wes, even typing a single letter is new content. 

Changing Things is not adding Content. And anyways , they changed the ending VC 2.0 , so they can type words still. But not a new rock.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

That's just fucking unfair. If you make it much harder for the others , then not THAT easy against Part IX. Make it atleast the half of the others. But if he keeps that Health , then his Stun Resistance Needs a Major buff. Like Bats can only stun 75% of the time now.

And what About the extremely easily punishable attack from Jason? Why not Change that? Make the Slash faster or make it so , that the counselors can't swing faster than Jason can block after a swing.

AND WHAT ABOUT MEAT-SHIELDING? You know , that you can block with a grabbed a counselor a hit?

I still like a lot of your ideas , don't get me wrong. But I don't know how to think About 4 keys……… And some are favoring counselors too much again.

Changing Things is not adding Content. And anyways , they changed the ending VC 2.0 , so they can type words still. But not a new rock.

Wes said they can’t type words. Which is why Roy won’t be added to the Jason Room. Because they can’t type his backstory. 

1 minute ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Wes said they can’t type words. Which is why Roy won’t be added to the Jason Room. Because they can’t type his backstory. 

They can do a workaound for a lot of Things and you see , that he starts a lot with ''change'' , not ''add''.

25 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

They can do a workaound for a lot of Things and you see , that he starts a lot with ''change'' , not ''add''.

But he said they could ADD Roy to the Jason room. But that they can’t type a backstory. So they won’t put him in there. It makes no sense. His backstory would just consist of CHANGING letters around that are already in the game. 

1 minute ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

His backstory would just consist of CHANGING letters around that are already in the game. 

Dude , I think you Need a beer.

I love these suggestions too, and totally agree about the Jarvis house changes.  Although an objective item often spawns in either the Jarvis House or the Vacation house.

Here's what I've seen:

Vacation:

Gas in basement

Battery next to desk in living room

Propeller on the upstairs bookshelf at the top of stairs

Jarvis:

Propeller, Gas, Battery in basement (not all at one time)

Fuse in a drawer on mainlevel

Keys in drawer on mainlevel 

These are all gold. 

Especially the one about window grabbing. Why can Jason grab through a car window but not a house window? Why are counselors invincible as soon as one leg goes through? It's nonsense, I tell ya, and anyone who's played Jason more than twice will tell you that it's over exploited.

I would also like to have the option to choose my ability loadouts. I would definitely be one of the Jasons who chooses Stalk first. 

The only thing I don't fully agree with is having 2 of each item on a map. Maybe Pinehurst and Jarvis, but the other 3 "large" maps are fine. 

And so is Sense. Buff Stealth, but leave Sense alone. 

Definitely yes to everything else you said.

These are bad, adding more items takes away the hard mode on Jarvis. It buffs the counselors and makes the game more easy for trolls.

With the planned Retro Jason model out of the works, I've been thinking about how it would be good to give the Part 3 Retro skin it's own menu screen. For a few reasons:

1. Different strengths and weaknesses. For the fun of it, I'll list stats we've never seen before (I do this with the knowledge that some of them couldn't be implemented due to having to create a new stat icon, which is considered new content).

+fear - Build up counselors fear twice as fast.

+rage - Rage meter fills up twice as fast.

-knives - start out with zero throwing knives.

-destruction - all doors take an additional hit to destroy, including windowed doors which normally take one hit.

2. Bloody skins. The bloody skins from Part 3 can now be applied to Part 3 Retro. Technically this can be done already, just throwing the idea out there.

3. Weapon. What weapon will Part 3 Retro have? I was thinking when you first select Part 3 retro you are given a choice which of the weapons you want him to equip, and you'll be stuck with that weapon until reaching the 113 weapon swap level.