LarBearPlaya

Apparently I am in the Salt Mines

For some reason when I am in a game with someone else, when the lobby loads we are by ourselves and no one else will load in until I leave the match. If this means I am in the "salt mines" I am ticked because I don't play Jason and the only times I have left early is when your servers kick me or I glitch out due to, I assume, your servers as well. How do I clear this wrongful accusation? Otherwise I want a refund! 

I would suggest you try to contact customer support and not post a question like this on forms because the moderators look down on that this is meant for discussing the game not for questions just saying as i'm sure a moderator will be closing this thread and possibly giving you a warning for doing this. It's not like your trying to do anything bad but they are strict here so this is a heads up.

The only way to know for sure if you are in the Salt Mines is by attempting to join a match already in session. If you get this message...

ERROR: You are in low priority matchmaking and cannot join this session!

...welcome to the Salt Mines.

And evidently, you CAN wind up there through no fault of your own, from disconnects or timeouts. Happened to me.

Here is my morning so far:

First match, fix phone, blue car going, host is Jason and quits.

Second match, fix phone, calling cops, Jasons is trying to stop 4 seater, Jason quits and we all survive.

Third match, I am host, as it starts the game and goes to loading screen the game freezes. Restart game.

Fourth match, had to pee as match was loading up, got kicked for 120 second idle. 

Now, I get thrown in lobbies by myself that no one joins. Then game crashes 4 times when trying to load up! I may qs well join all my friends that migrated to DbD..... ugh hooks and generators. 

Just get rid of salt mines as it detours absolutely no one from quitting and seems to piss off the players more. Its killing the game even quicker.

4 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Just get rid of salt mines as it detours absolutely no one from quitting and seems to piss off the players more. Its killing the game even quicker.

^^^THIS!!!^^^

I was the biggest cheerleader for the Salt Mines. Go thru the announcement thread where everyone was hating the idea, you'll see where I said "You gotta give it a chance before you bitch that it isn't working.".

Well...... It's been tested and clearly it isn't working. People don't care. They still quit and the only people it really hurts are the unintended players. The players who lose connections or get booted for being "AFK".

Do away with the Salt Mines the same way you done away with the rule on Teamers.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2018 at 7:58 PM, Brevator said:

And evidently, you CAN wind up there through no fault of your own, from disconnects or timeouts. Happened to me.

Ahhh! Now your other post about troll counselors makes sense. You are/have been in the salt mines with all the trolls! SMH...

6 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

".Do away with the Salt Mines the same way you done away with the rule on Teamers.

The concept of The Salt Mines seems counter productive when the game is hemorrhaging players.

Sure, ps4 has a nice bump every time it goes on sale in the ps store, but I'd be willing to wager that the retention numbers for those folks aren't too impressive. 

• Like 1

I'm apparently being punished for other players leaving the game.  I've never left the game unless there was a disconnect I couldn't control and recently found myself in these salt mines.  I got out about 30 minutes later and got back to playing.  Eventually, I was in a match where the host quit and immediately found MYSELF back in low priority matchmaking.  I assume I've been accumulating this salt from other players then for some time, and as such in an endless cycle of being just one or two hosts quitting from being not allowed to play a game I paid these a$$holes my good money for. 

Just tonight I got put in low priority twice.  Once for a crash that made me restart the game and finally I had to just give up after a host quitting put me back again.  Do they have a customer service that's even worthwhile to contact to clean my slate? I'm at the point where I'm literally just beyond real salty now and want my money back.

I'm here worried that anything anyone else does is gonna get me put in low priority yet I still see hosts and Jason's willy nilly quitting like they aren't worried about it at all.  

I've been playing since beta, not been a big complainer about all the issues going on, being a grown adult I don't get upset and leave if I am or am not Jason, die early,  etc, but making it to where I'm not ALLOWED to use a product I gave you money for is crossing a line,especially when I've been playing nice.

Honestly, being a person who complains or does not complain has no effect on the lack of quality support from Gun/Illfonic. Just the fact that you even have to make that statement says a lot about the state of the game and the company in general. As far as the salt mines, they have been buggy since they were introduced. The game can't tell the difference between a network drop, dashboard, or an intentional drop, so you will get salt if the game drops before the scoreboard comes up. I guarantee you they aren't going to fix it.

12 hours ago, DrusillaLuna said:

I'm apparently being punished for other players leaving the game.

It's better than getting punished for leaving the toilet seat up.

I'm at the point where I'm literally just beyond real salty now and want my money back.

Reason #1 why I have only made one exception to my "no digital copies of games" rule (the exception being BroForce on PS4).  At least with a physical copy you can sell or trade for something.

especially when I've been playing nice.

Phrasing.  Maybe rephrase to sound less "incel"?  The sentiment is valid, but the tone is just... ewww.

22 hours ago, FastVanessa said:

You are/have been in the salt mines with all the trolls!

I'm under a bridge, not in a salt mine.

On 7/29/2018 at 10:44 AM, TheHansonGoons said:

I may qs well join all my friends that migrated to DbD..... ugh hooks and generators. 

That may be the grossest thing I've ever seen from you.  I literally needed to wash out my eyeballs with antiseptic mouthwash after reading this.  DbD?  I'd sooner sign up for a prostate exam from Edward Scissorhands.

On 7/17/2018 at 9:58 PM, Brevator said:

Happened to me.

"#MeToo".  Oh, wait, you're talking about the Salt Mines.  Nope, never been there, but I probably only play online about once a week anymore (and certainly not this week with The Division's Assault Global Event going live earlier today).

• Haha 3