pilospc

What's your favorite Friday the 13th alternative

In the event that Friday the 13th the game goes under what's your favorite horror game alternative to Friday the 13th? What would you recommend? Personally at this current time I strongly suggest Dead By Daylight as it's similar in many ways as well as funner then you may think at first I wouldn't give Dead By Daylight the time of day it was Friday the 13th all the way for me but after we were told that's it no more content after a few weeks of the same old game knowing nothing new is on the way I decided I should give other horror games a try and thus Dead By Daylight was my choice and let me tell you it's so much better then I originally thought so what's your alternative multi[player horror game?

Just now, OCT 31 1978 said:

@Bropollocreed79 that made my day....

dying laughing right now.

I really, REALLY dislike DbD.

I'd rather have my prostate thoroughly examined by a physician with large hairy knuckles than play DbD.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I'd rather have my prostate thoroughly examined by a physician with large hairy knuckles than play DbD.

I try to get into once every couple of months because of the icons in it. I play campers and its: generator, generator, run, generator, hook, generator, run hook. So repetitive. Play as the killer. Same thing. No kills even. So boring.

3 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Ok well that's why i asked what other peoples was for me Dead By Daylight has been fun even though i thought that it was stupid just fixing generators and only being put on a hook by a killer yet after i played it for a few weeks i started to enjoy the competitive nature of the game and if it's not your game cool no need to make my post into a joke though i'm looking for other's suggestions so i know what other options are out there that i may have missed what's so funny about that?

1 minute ago, pilospc said:

Ok well that's why i asked what other peoples was for me Dead By Daylight has been fun even though i thought that it was stupid just fixing generators and only being put on a hook by a killer yet after i played it for a few weeks i started to enjoy the competitive nature of the game and if it's not your game cool no need to make my post into a joke though i'm looking for other's suggestions so i know what other options are out there that i may have missed what's so funny about that?

I am not a big fan of DBD but can appreciate the atmosphere and music from the icons in the game....

I am excited to see how Last year will turn out.

8 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I can’t tell you how excited I was to play this game when it originally hit consoles I had not watched any of the game play videos just the Halloween trailer for the game .... boy was I disappointed...

for me the best thing about it is the atmosphere and music everything else is just subpar.... graphics and gameplay

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, pilospc said:

if it's not your game cool no need to make my post into a joke though i'm looking for other's suggestions so i know what other options are out there that i may have missed what's so funny about that?

Nothing is funny about that.  If you are unfamiliar with that particular scene from Ace Ventura Pet Detective, then I completely understand the misinterpretation.  I. Do. Not. Like. DbD (nor do I like Green Eggs and Ham).

That scene, from that movie, underscores how abhorrent I find DbD, and I can' t control how other people interpret it.  It's not a joke: playing DbD made me feel victimized with it's poor graphics and repetitive trolling gameplay.  The community in that game is so toxic it makes this community seem like a Care Bear jamboree.

I don't have a horror alternative because I don't play games for their "horror" elements--I'm here for the asymmetrical pvp aspect of F13.  It's a fairly unique and engaging mechanic they've built here, and the primary reason I still play (at least when I can find a decent room in QP on PS4).  I like my gaming experiences to fit into neat little boxes.  I run The Division when I want to play a shooter/rpg type game, I play F13 for the APvP, and I usually have at least one sports title at a time.  That's it.  

Requesting someone's "favorite horror alternative to Friday the 13th" is an open-ended quesiton, because there's only DbD as anything remotely resembling it as an analogue.  If you are using the term "horror" in an open context, then there's literally hundreds of games to choose from;  perhaps narrowing it down to a specific platform will provide more informed answers.  I don't know what you're looking for, but DbD just doesn 't work for me.

• Like 1

I play this game for the survival aspect of it.  It's a really dumbed down easy mode of a survival game but it's a fun game amongst friends.

Usually I play games like Ark, 7 Days to Die and lately a bunch of Conan Exiles.

For a game with a horror feel and survival aspects, I'd recommend 7 Days to Die but it's a really different type of game than this one is. 

15 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

That scene, from that movie, underscores how abhorrent I find DbD, and I can' t control how other people interpret it.  It's not a joke: playing DbD made me feel victimized with it's poor graphics and repetitive trolling gameplay.  The community in that game is so toxic it makes this community seem like a Care Bear jamboree.

Change DBD to Friday the 13th, same thing for some people. Also the OP asked a question, you decided to post a derailing negative comment. That's not very nice and you've been extremely toxic on the forums as of late. So is everyone else, just move on if you have nothing of value to ADD, not say how much you dislike something. Here's one of the rules for ya to catch up on.

Please Post with Purpose: Be advised, we do offer areas to blow off steam and generally horse around, but in areas that are meant to be serious, we wish for you to post with intent, rather than simply 'up' your post count. This helps weed out spam, keep discussions on topic and gets information out there quicker. This includes "bump" posts.

Dbd is joke and we all should know by now.

21 minutes ago, SirMang said:

7 Days to Die

Pretty much Minecraft but only with Zombies.

I will just Keep on playing Singleplayer games then.

I actually bought my Xbox to play Friday the 13th. That was my entire reason. I think if Friday goes away I will be using my system for Shudder and Netflix mostly. Unless someone convinces me to try something new.

44 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I am excited to see how Last year will turn out.

Pc only, I hope it does well so we can have it on console. I only bought a console to play this type of game not interested in the constant investment, and high price of a PC but I’d like to join the fun on console. 

It does look like it plays at least a little similar to F13.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

Change DBD to Friday the 13th, same thing for some people. Also the OP asked a question, you decided to post a derailing negative comment. That's not very nice and you've been extremely toxic on the forums as of late. So is everyone else, just move on if you have nothing of value to ADD, not say how much you dislike something. Here's one of the rules for ya to catch up on.

Please Post with Purpose: Be advised, we do offer areas to blow off steam and generally horse around, but in areas that are meant to be serious, we wish for you to post with intent, rather than simply 'up' your post count. This helps weed out spam, keep discussions on topic and gets information out there quicker. This includes "bump" posts.

200.gif

Reading comprehension is your friend.  The OP gushed over DbD, and I provided a response to that sentiment.  

One cannot ask for alternatives (which is an opinion, not a "fact") and expect to be showered with like minded responses.  That's called an "echo-chamber".

My post was neither "negative" nor "derailing".  DbD is, in my opinion, an inferior product to this, and the OP asked an open ended question as a pretext to discuss another game entirely with no intention of entertaining any sort of debate round the merits of other games.   When the OP provides opinion as part of the thread's first post, replies are purely subjective themselves.  My opinion is perfectly valid.  

What I will not abide, is being labeled "toxic".  

I have not labeled anyone "recently" as you put it.  The only one tossing around labels with blatant disregard, is you.  No matter how much you or anyone else wants me gone, I can assure you that I have no intention of leaving these forums now, or any time soon.  In no way does my initial response qualify as any sort of violation under any circumstance.  

The OP was decidedly pro-DbD, and I presented a reaction to that statement.  I can't control what other people think, but I will not suffer the slings and arrows of the likes of you casting aspersions upon me because you have suffered some sort of perceived slight.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

200.gif

Reading comprehension is your friend.  The OP gushed over DbD, and I provided a response to that sentiment.  

One cannot ask for alternatives (which is an opinion, not a "fact") and expect to be showered with like minded responses.  That's called an "echo-chamber".

My post was neither "negative" nor "derailing".  DbD is, in my opinion, an inferior product to this, and the OP asked an open ended question as a pretext to discuss another game entirely with no intention of entertaining any sort of debate round the merits of other games.   When the OP provides opinion as part of the thread's first post, replies are purely subjective themselves.  My opinion is perfectly valid.  

I have not labeled anyone "recently" as you put it.  The only one tossing around labels with blatant disregard, is you.  No matter how much you or anyone else wants me gone, I can assure you that I have no intention of leaving these forums now, or any time soon.  In no way does my initial response qualify as any sort of violation under any circumstance.  

The OP was decidedly pro-DbD, and I presented a reaction to that statement.  I can't control what other people think, but I will not suffer the slings and arrows of the likes of you casting aspersions upon me because you have suffered some sort of perceived slight.

That was easy. I was bored. I saw your post with your extensive vocabulary and knew you'd bite. Thanks for the read.

DBD is shit.

I truly do hope LAST YEAR finishes as I think I would like that game due to it's similarities to F13. I tried DbD and just didn't find it all that interesting. I have a lot of friends who play both F13 and DbD and even the thought of playing DbD with my friends is not appealing to me. 

I am actually considering buying a PS4 Pro and start playing games like Detroit: Become Human. 

With all that said - I still play F13 regularly with friends and will continue to do so until the game shuts down more than likely. 

8 minutes ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

That was easy. I was bored. I saw your post with your extensive vocabulary and knew you'd bite. Thanks for the read.

DBD is shit.

Well, shit, next time just ask for a "BroBomb". Anything not related to politics and I'm happy to oblige.

2 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Well, shit, next time just ask for a "BroBomb". Anything not related to politics and I'm happy to oblige.

Copy that ghost rider. Thank you for playing along. Also Kodiak is S.A.F.D.

1 hour ago, pilospc said:

In the event that Friday the 13th the game goes under what's your favorite horror game alternative to Friday the 13th?

When F13 ends and I need a horror fix, I'll probably play a lot more of the Resident Evil franchise. Anytime I need a break from this game, I'll fire one of those up. I play DbD on occasion (not as much as I did when I first got it), but I prefer F13 more.

1 hour ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4454139

I watched this movie last night. So many humorous memories...

1 hour ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I just about died laughing and I just spit out my coffee after I read this...

54 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Nothing is funny about that.  If you are unfamiliar with that particular scene from Ace Ventura Pet Detective, then I completely understand the misinterpretation.  I. Do. Not. Like. DbD (nor do I like Green Eggs and Ham).

I tried green eggs and ham once. I still don't see what the fuss is.

48 minutes ago, SirMang said:

I play this game for the survival aspect of it.  It's a really dumbed down easy mode of a survival game but it's a fun game amongst friends.

Usually I play games like Ark, 7 Days to Die and lately a bunch of Conan Exiles.

For a game with a horror feel and survival aspects, I'd recommend 7 Days to Die but it's a really different type of game than this one is. 

I love 7 Days to Die. I need to fire that up again soon.

35 minutes ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

Anytime a discussion involving F13 and DbD happens, it's always gonna get heated.

15 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I'll bet you kick ass in the courtroom.

2 minutes ago, Jasix said:

I am actually considering buying a PS4 Pro and start playing games like Detroit: Become Human.

I'm currently playing Detroit: Become Human. I like what I've played so far.

as far as other horror games that i like,i play many of the Resident Evil games,Telltales Games Walking Dead Collection,and many of the older Castlevania games,i didn't like the new Lords of Shadow games at all.I also still play my old NES versions of Friday The 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street.

I love the Resident Evil series and I enjoy playing as Jason and Leatherface on Mortal Kombat XL. DBD is fun too imo, a lot of people hate it but I enjoy playing as the killer. Playing as a survivor sucks though, I hate it.

On 7/17/2018 at 4:34 PM, Bropollocreed79 said:

Image result for  fog gif

Let the fog in 

Image result for laugh evil gif