Sign in to follow this  
tyrant666

Which Style Of Grab Kills Do You Employ The Most As Jasons?

In other words.

Do you tend to go for the meta kills. AKA the ones that are the quickest and easiest to perform like the decapitation and single handed choke? Or do you go for more movie themed kills and attach them to specific Jasons?

For me, I try to use a mix of both. I do feel having one of the meta kills on every Jason is crucial to fighting off mobs. The choke or decap is the quickest way to cut down on crowds, the easiest to perform before being stunned or having counselors freed. I used to think it was in poor taste to use them, especially over and over. Yet with the way Jason is inferior in melee and against groups, I find I think its reasonable to use one of these kills to quickly clear a crowd, especially if all the pocket knives are tied up in Vanessa/Chads. The others likely won't have them sometimes. Once the group starts to dwindle, that's when I use other kills.

For instance with Part 3, I like to have the backside head crush kill since it fits him so well. With Part 4, I like to have the eye gauge kill mimicking the shower guy and the jaw rip which I feel was part of Axel's demise. For Part 7, I like having the chest punch kill when he grabs the machete. For Part 8, obviously the decapitation works as a movie kill, plus I like having the two handed choke like seen on the girl in the dance room. For Part 9, I like having the bear hug as seen on Crighton Duke and the back breaker kill. Savini I tend to give the really goofy kills, like the soccer kick, the head butt and the arm socket rip. For Part 6, I like using the front side head crush as seen on the cop near the end.

So I try to mix in movie themed kills on each Jason, but I always make sure to have meta kills for crowd control to go along with usually one weapon kill on each Jason.

Depends.

If I'm playing singleplayer, it depends on who I have in my hand as some I'll carry to the environment, others I'll kill right away to prevent them from running. Usually I use a movie theming of kills.

If I'm online, I'm just going to kill you ASAP. Window, choke, headpunch, or slashing, so long as you go down and are afraid of me. With the current build of the game, I honestly hate playing online. A counselor has nothing to fear and Jason has everything to fear.

Fuck you, you limpwristed twats who came here fresh off of dead by daylight thinking this was a 7 on 1 "troll the monster" game and fuck you to the portion of the devs who LISTENED to these people and ruined Jason.

• Like 3

I try to keep each Jason with the appropriate kills from the movies, mostly using the weapon specific kills. Human Jasons (2-4) and Roy don't get the over the top superhuman kills like punching someone's head clean off. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

Depends.

If I'm playing singleplayer, it depends on who I have in my hand as some I'll carry to the environment, others I'll kill right away to prevent them from running. Usually I use a movie theming of kills.

If I'm online, I'm just going to kill you ASAP. Window, choke, headpunch, or slashing, so long as you go down and are afraid of me. With the current build of the game, I honestly hate playing online. A counselor has nothing to fear and Jason has everything to fear.

Fuck you, you limpwristed twats who came here fresh off of dead by daylight thinking this was a 7 on 1 "troll the monster" game and fuck you to the portion of the devs who LISTENED to these people and ruined Jason.

Can't argue with that.

I've seen a rash of either

1. Person gets picked as Jason, promptly quits...though if they really don't want to be him...set preference to counselor...whether you are new or just don't like the state of Jason

2. Pair of friends who just want to bully/try to kill Jason and the minute they see its not gonna happen, they'll quit fast quick in a heartbeart...just the other night I saw it when I quick decapped one of the friends and the other one near him promptly quit. I've seen that at times. For some, there is no thrill or enjoyment in escaping anymore, its either try to kill him or see how long they can last for 20 minutes. Which makes it frustrating for those who don't play that way too. Its as rare as seeing a Vanessa whose a team player and not just out there equipped with medic, thick skin and either swift attacker or sucker punch or hypo and just there to be a solo dolo troll who hoards pocket knives and sprays.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pazuzu said:

I try to keep each Jason with the appropriate kills from the movies, mostly using the weapon specific kills. Human Jasons (2-4) and Roy don't get the over the top superhuman kills like punching someone's head clean off. 

Agreed. Superhuman is for Part 6 and onwards, 1-5 get things like the thumbs in the eyes, neck snap, and the weapon specific kills.

• Like 1

I have the head Punch since the beginning on square since the beginning I liked how it sounded and it is Always useful to have. Then I got into environementals….and you can Pretty much call me an environmental kill addict. I love 'em. But if I really can't use one , I do a grab kill. But sometimes , I just feel like killing someone with a grab kill and that Special Person will see an awesome DLC kill most of the time.

11 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Can't argue with that.

I've seen a rash of either

1. Person gets picked as Jason, promptly quits...though if they really don't want to be him...set preference to counselor...whether you are new or just don't like the state of Jason

2. Pair of friends who just want to bully/try to kill Jason and the minute they see its not gonna happen, they'll quit fast quick in a heartbeart...just the other night I saw it when I quick decapped one of the friends and the other one near him promptly quit. I've seen that at times. For some, there is no thrill or enjoyment in escaping anymore, its either try to kill him or see how long they can last for 20 minutes. Which makes it frustrating for those who don't play that way too. Its as rare as seeing a Vanessa whose a team player and not just out there equipped with medic, thick skin and either swift attacker or sucker punch or hypo and just there to be a solo dolo troll who hoards pocket knives and sprays.

These matches are so annoying especially when Jason on you in the beginning. Gets tunnel vision, chases my as for 3 or 4 mins. Finally gives up and morphs away. I check map and no objectives are done. Like wtf guys! He kills them quick. Comes back for me and its either I run around for next 10 mins, or let him kill me and move on to next game..

• Like 1

I like having one quick kill, the pig splitter’s throat slash being my favourite. Ironically I have a quick kill not to get the people indoors or groups, but because I kept getting notification sounds at the same time I grabbed someone. I tend to pick my favourites, which are the weapon kills, so some of the bare hand ones I don’t get to use very often. It’s funny because at the same time I really want the option to not have a weapon as Jason, which would force me to use those kills.

Speaking of no weapon Jason’s, it would be super cool if he could collect his weapon mid match as a kind of power-up. “Oh you thought you could troll me, well let me just grab my handy pitchfork from the barn, got a kill just for you that will let me look in your eyes while you die.” At the end of each kill you would simply have to pick the weapon back up or go find a new one. It would have looked awesome AF to find bodies with weapons stuck in them or leave them posed as Jason. (Take notes for a sequel - this idea would have allowed for shifting balance).

Headpunch. Just incase, against groups and what not. All other kills are random according to what weapon I'm using atm. I used to think moviewise, now I tend to go for what I think is cool. But yeah, I have headpunch on every Jason. If someone doesn't like it, well, I don't give a f**k.

I try to give everyone a cool kill, because I appreciate dying by a cool kill when I'm a counselor.

That being said, I do keep choke or head punch (not both) on every Jason for those tight spaces/uneven terrain/groups.  I will also slash if they insist on ganging up on me.

For players who REALLY piss me off (Jason teamers usually), I will make sure to give them the longest, most brutal kill possible.  I'm talking two handed choke, how to split a coconut, birdbath, swirly, etc.  Then I'll slash them til they limp and keep bringing them back until I give them that kill.  If others escape during that time, oh well...I'm level 150 already.

What is this "grab" feature of which you speak? 

I slash more than Walmart does on Black Friday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like to use kick, everyone gets a kick, if there are no environmental kills available.

My favorite environmental kill is the Adirondack chair one.

I'll use hug if I'm in a group of people or a tight space. 

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

My favorite environmental kill is the Adirondack chair one.

Bird bath and water pump are absolutely savage, but the adirondak chair is pretty nasty too.

When playing against bots I will always go for environmental kills...

in multiplayer I will use weapon kills and as many over the top kills as I can... I hate the head punch and one handed choke.

If I can get you in an environmental kill, I will. Sometimes, if I'm feeling sorry for you, I'll even walk you towards the really good ones, just to give you a sporting chance to break free. I'm generous like that. Of course, if you don't break free by the time I get there, oh well...

Now for skip-stunners or groups of Jason gangbangers, I'll just slash and dash like a madman until they're all dead or limping, and if I can grab them, they either get their arms chopped off with a machete or they get a pig splitter between the legs. They really hate that.

But I maintain a pretty even ratio of environmental and grab kills.

9 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

I try to give everyone a cool kill, because I appreciate dying by a cool kill when I'm a counselor.

That being said, I do keep choke or head punch (not both) on every Jason for those tight spaces/uneven terrain/groups.  I will also slash if they insist on ganging up on me.

For players who REALLY piss me off (Jason teamers usually), I will make sure to give them the longest, most brutal kill possible.  I'm talking two handed choke, how to split a coconut, birdbath, swirly, etc.  Then I'll slash them til they limp and keep bringing them back until I give them that kill.  If others escape during that time, oh well...I'm level 150 already.

I have a similar thought process in regards to punishing jerks, but slightly different in that I slash dancers and show offs to death. They don't get the privilege of a nice cinematic kill to watch. They get killed with zero consequence and no fan fare. They are not worthy.

I try to use a different one each time. I only shoot to have one duplicate kill each game if at all possible. But if im being mobbed I will head punch everyone when in a pickle.

My favorite kill set up is the "boot to the face" montage. Curb Stomp, Field Goal, Two Handed Choke and the kill with the Machete that slices of the arms and then buries the blade in the head. All kills finish with a boot to the face.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

My favorite kill set up is the "boot to the face" montage. Curb Stomp, Field Goal, Two Handed Choke and the kill with the Machete that slices of the arms and then buries the blade in the head. All kills finish with a boot to the face.

Nice! Imo part 2 looks the best stomping on camp counselors in training.

2 hours ago, Whammigobambam said:

Nice! Imo part 2 looks the best stomping on camp counselors in training.

Part 2 gets my "pro wrestling" set up. Ground Throw, Backbreaker, Bear Hug and Heart Punch.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Part 2 gets my "pro wrestling" set up. Ground Throw, Backbreaker, Bear Hug and Heart Punch.

Sounds like my part 9 set up only with shears. Ground throw, bear hug, dismember cuts and power of Christ compels you.

depends on the situation, will usually have 3 cinematic kills and 1 meta kill on me. if there isnt an immediate threat of campers fixing an objective i will do cinematic or environmental kills if i get the chance. Also love the pig spiltter throat fit because its classic and brutal but also super quick 

Depends on the situation. If i see a bunch of people at the car the first person I get is getting head punched. If it's early in the game and I catch someone then I'll use nice ones like the kick one.

I go with

• One handed choke (For quick kills and doesn't require much space to execute)
  • Two handed choke (For annoying players, it feels good to slowly kill them and then head-stomp is icing on cake)
  • The remaining slots are filled with Jason specific weapon kills.