Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tyrant666

Why Were The Wooden Pitchfork and Wooden Spear Never Added With Weapon Swapping?

Recommended Posts

Everyone probably remembers this glorious Pax West Trailer a few months before beta in 2016 that had Jasons using different weapons, a different boat grab. One of those concepts finally made it into the game, which was weapon swapping. Hindsight being what it is, it never made sense why they removed it other than wanting the novelty of each Jason feeling more exclusive with exclusive weapons when they were unlocked.

The other never did, which was that great boat grab from the beginning of the trailer.

The trailer also had the wooden pitchfork and the wooden spear. Even with the lawsuit, these feel like things that should've been there when weapon swapping was added. Who cares if the wooden pitchfork would share the same kills as the Savini trident? My guess is either they were never going to add them as additional weapons or they were going to create 'new kills' for them, in particular the pitchfork since other Jasons can't use the trident.

@ShiftySamurai

Any answers? Were these weapons going to be added as skin swaps? Can they still be added at all or still no dice?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well , they thought running Jason's would be OP with a lobg-range weapon…...yeah , no.

Also , in the beta Jason would instantly drown them without the waiting. I liked that a lot more. And the boatgrab was awesome too but grabbing the wrong would be annoying.

And that lighting…….is it Beautiful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why they never incorporated weapon pickups during match for Jason. Would have been awesome to grab a weed wacker or chainsaw from the barn and go hunting.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also forgot to mention that Part 3 uses the wooden spear and wooden pitchfork in the woods during Virtual Cabin 2.0 to kill you if you go off the path, so they are still around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because farm pitchfork and wooden spear aren't emotes or clothing packs.

Remember, no one likes Jason, he's just a stupid thing to troll. Why should you get anything relating to him when doing the challenges, you obviously just want more emotes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

Because farm pitchfork and wooden spear aren't emotes or clothing packs.

Remember, no one likes Jason, he's just a stupid thing to troll. Why should you get anything relating to him when doing the challenges, you obviously just want more emotes.

Didn't they also sell two "Jason Kill" packs alongside the clothing packs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pazuzu said:

Didn't they also sell two "Jason Kill" packs alongside the clothing packs?

I wouldn't know,  I can't see past the 30+ emotes.

But the fact of the matter is that the kill packs are not enough. At the end of the day, each kill pack was 3 kills. there were 3 kill packs, making a total of 9 kills with a total cost of around $16. Meanwhile we have tons of counselor costumes, an insane number of emotes, and game breaking perks.

This is also a reminder that while Uber Jason is in the game, they won't ever unlock him because 3 of his 6 kills were intended to be DLC and because they can't legally sell the other 3, they have chosen to simply not give us the associated Jason, full stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pitchfork became Savini Jason's exclusive weapon along with the kills designed for it. For that reason, the normal pitchfork was removed. As for the spear, well isn't it just the same thing as the metal fence post that Part 6 uses?

Essentially, these are just different variations of weapons that were introduced into the game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

The pitchfork became Savini Jason's exclusive weapon along with the kills designed for it. For that reason, the normal pitchfork was removed. As for the spear, well isn't it just the same thing as the metal fence post that Part 6 uses?

Essentially, these are just different variations of weapons that were introduced into the game.

You're talking with fans, and probably hardcore fans, subtleties don't go unnoticed.

People would probably be excited to have a duller, early film machete as well as the very shiny Part 6 machete. 

If the Part 2 spear mimicked exactly the fence post in use, with the same kills, it would not matter one bit. It's the Part 2 spear! It's not the fence post! Fanboy-ness dictates that they would not be the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DasMurich said:

If the Part 2 spear mimicked exactly the fence post in use, with the same kills, it would not matter one bit. It's the Part 2 spear! It's not the fence post! Fanboy-ness dictates that they would not be the same thing.

That would just mean more motion capture would be required. They did a ton of it already, don't think they'd make two spear weapons with two separate lots of kills each.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kodiak said:

The pitchfork became Savini Jason's exclusive weapon along with the kills designed for it. For that reason, the normal pitchfork was removed. As for the spear, well isn't it just the same thing as the metal fence post that Part 6 uses?

Essentially, these are just different variations of weapons that were introduced into the game.

So what? There are three different axes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, malloymk said:

So what? There are three different axes.

A double bit axe isn't the same as a woodsman's axe and the fire axe is slightly different in that it has a slightly curved axe shaft and a point on the back of the head. They were each created with separate kills in mind, I couldn't see Jason throwing the double bit axe and he couldn't rip off a jaw with anything but the fire axe.

They are about as similar as the machete and the pig splitter are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

A double bit axe isn't the same as a woodsman's axe and the fire axe is slightly different in that it has a slightly curved axe shaft and a point on the back of the head. They were each created with separate kills in mind, I couldn't see Jason throwing the double bit axe and he couldn't rip off a jaw with anything but the fire axe.

They are about as similar as the machete and the pig splitter are.

Lol. Surrre Jan.

And a spear is different than a fence post and a pitchfork is different than a trident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Lol. Surrre Jan.

And a spear is different than a fence post and a pitchfork is different than a trident.

Still ain't gonna change the fact that the weapons were made with different kills in mind and we're not getting any new ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

That would just mean more motion capture would be required. They did a ton of it already, don't think they'd make two spear weapons with two separate lots of kills each.

No no,  I'm saying if the only difference was the spear or the fence post, the animation and kills being identical (or, not creating anything new), strictly aesthetic, then fans would be happy just because it's the spear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kodiak said:

Still ain't gonna change the fact that the weapons were made with different kills in mind and we're not getting any new ones.

Stop hurting my feelings with such blatant @Truths.

Damn, so much that could have been but not worth arguing about could have been’s when this is so obvious, different kills we won’t get to see or do. 

It’s worth talking about the video in the OP, look how menacing Jason is in those clips, it’s a thing of beauty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

Still ain't gonna change the fact that the weapons were made with different kills in mind and we're not getting any new ones.

I know that. Just don't try to sell me that a trident is a pitch fork and a fence post is a spear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Just don't try to sell me that a trident is a pitch fork and a fence post is a spear. 

gane.jpg?resize=740,536&ssl=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, malloymk said:

I know that. Just don't try to sell me that a trident is a pitch fork and a fence post is a spear. 

What I'm saying is they're identical from a gameplay perspective. Same range, same animations, same weapon type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

This is also a reminder that while Uber Jason is in the game, they won't ever unlock him because 3 of his 6 kills were intended to be DLC and because they can't legally sell the other 3, they have chosen to simply not give us the associated Jason, full stop.

This makes sense. Why won't they just give it away for free now? Might as well give it away since the lawsuit stopped the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Also forgot to mention that Part 3 uses the wooden spear and wooden pitchfork in the woods during Virtual Cabin 2.0 to kill you if you go off the path, so they are still around.

Wait, what?

Did I miss something, I never seen a way out of the virtual cabin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

This makes sense. Why won't they just give it away for free now? Might as well give it away since the lawsuit stopped the game.

@Daneasaur is wrong. Wes already stated on Twitter that Uber wasn't ready and people refuse to take it for an answer. Nothing to do with 'oh it's because they wanted to charge money for the other 3 kills'; he wasn't released because he wasn't ready to be released. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...