Sign in to follow this  
badassgixxer05

Hiding out on map undetected - Packanack

Is there an exploit currently on Packanack that leaves counselor undetectable from sense even when Jason has Rage? Or just a really really good hiding spot? I killed everyone off except the 2 bastards that got away in boat and was left with one sole survivor. I morphed all over map and could not find him anywhere. The last person I killed tried bargaining with me that they knew where that person was hiding and would tell me if I didn't kill them, but I didn't go for that shit. Regretted afterwards when I had to morph around for 8 or 9 plus minutes and never saw the guy. Checked by shack, every far corner, all along both coasts. Came up the middle and checked all houses. No where to be found. How is this possible, especially when in rage?

11 minutes ago, NightofthePodcast said:

Were they possibly in the water at the edge of the map (not the corner) or an outhouse?

I checked both lakes north and south. I had rage, so if in outhouse it would have been lit up. I have no clue though. Was really annoying..

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Is there an exploit currently on Packanack that leaves counselor undetectable from sense even when Jason has Rage? Or just a really really good hiding spot? I killed everyone off except the 2 bastards that got away in boat and was left with one sole survivor. I morphed all over map and could not find him anywhere. The last person I killed tried bargaining with me that they knew where that person was hiding and would tell me if I didn't kill them, but I didn't go for that shit. Regretted afterwards when I had to morph around for 8 or 9 plus minutes and never saw the guy. Checked by shack, every far corner, all along both coasts. Came up the middle and checked all houses. No where to be found. How is this possible, especially when in rage?

Sense avoidance perks. If you only used sense once after each teleport... you can very easily miss them. Some of my friends use them, they work.... they work very well. Particularly if they know how to use the stealth system effectively and give off zero sound pings. It literally forces you to use sense at least twice before morphing again... three times if you want to be sure. It is unlikely that the perks will keep them hidden after sensing three times... but it is still possible. Rage does not help you beat sense avoidance perks.
   The two sense avoidance perks, plus the tent or indoor sense avoidance perk make the most sense here I think. But using the tent sense avoidance perk along with the two other straight up sense avoidance perks, and picking a tent near one corner of the map really increases their chances of not being noticed.

• Like 2

I remember there was some kind of exploit that allowed a counselor I believe to stand behind the chimney or something outside Packanack that would make the lodge light up, but the counselor would never be inside. Not sure if they finally patched that out or not, but what you are talking about sounds different because you can't sense them at all.

3 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Sense avoidance perks. If you only used sense once after each teleport... you can very easily miss them. Some of my friends use them, they work.... they work very well. Particularly if they know how to use the stealth system effectively and give off zero sound pings. It literally forces you to use sense at least twice before morphing again... three times if you want to be sure. It is unlikely that the perks will keep them hidden after sensing three times... but it is still possible. Rage does not help you beat sense avoidance perks.
   The two sense avoidance perks, plus the tent or indoor sense avoidance perk make the most sense here I think. But using the tent sense avoidance perk along with the two other straight up sense avoidance perks, and picking a tent near one corner of the map really increases their chances of not being noticed.

I spammed the hell out of sense on and off for this reason until I had morph again each time(Have a ton of practice because of that damn bot Tommy!). I dont know. maybe they just got lucky and were undetected each time. Or were moving in the right direction away from me just out of range. Bastard!

Haha yeah it can be annoying as hell when you're left with one sneaky fucker and can't find them anywhere.

Especially when you off every one quickly before you have rage and there's one bastard left hiding in a spot somewhere forcing you to go door to door and search the entire map ?

I usually knock out all the power boxes and do a 360 at each then go to every corner of the map and always been able to find people hiding.

7 minutes ago, Madmaxxxxxxx7 said:

I usually knock out all the power boxes and do a 360 at each then go to every corner of the map and always been able to find people hiding.

Same here, which is why I was so surprised I couldn't find this guy. All power boxes were out. I even revisited each thinking maybe he repaired them or something.

19 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Same here, which is why I was so surprised I couldn't find this guy. All power boxes were out. I even revisited each thinking maybe he repaired them or something.

Wow that’s hard.  Did have someone hide in a tent in a secluded part of the map once had a lot of trouble finding them.   Maybe they just had really good perks too.  Hope it’s not another glitch.

6 hours ago, Madmaxxxxxxx7 said:

Wow that’s hard.  Did have someone hide in a tent in a secluded part of the map once had a lot of trouble finding them.   Maybe they just had really good perks too.  Hope it’s not another glitch.

I literally just rolled the Legendary Perk for this two days ago.

The bonus has an additional "Sense Avoidance" value.

• Thanks 1

I had a counselor hide in a tent on Packanack small map on the small island to the north of the map and I was never able to sense them even on rage. 

I use Crouch to walk if I’m the last counsellor and a high stealth character (Deborah has 9/10 stealth) and the following perks “Low Profile” (- Faster movement while couched and a chance to avoid Jason’s sense ability) and/or “Level Headed” (- chance to avoid detection during Sense) sometimes mix it up with “Sneaky” (- climb in and out of windows faster and hiding spots)

Quite often had messages from Jason calling me a “cheat” or cussing me out in the lobby because I escaped by avoiding him. Not cheating, just using perks to enhance what counsellors already have. 

Although, I did think that Rage used to make that null and void and that Jason could see you regardless. Now I think otherwise. 

8 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

The same happened to me on Pinehurst. I actually send him a message and asked where hid. He didn´t respond sadly.

Yeah, he's not giving up his golden secrets.

8 hours ago, DrLeatherface said:

Haha yeah it can be annoying as hell when you're left with one sneaky fucker and can't find them anywhere.

Especially when you off every one quickly before you have rage and there's one bastard left hiding in a spot somewhere forcing you to go door to door and search the entire map ?

I love playing against players like that. It helps improve you as Jason.

That tent on packanack is perfect if you're using an epic or legendary heavy sleeper and two other sense avoidance perks. 

I have yet to be found in it but now that it's out in the open, if anyone really reads these forums anymore, it likely won't be a go to spot anymore. 

Another good spot, since we're giving up spots and all, Crystal Lake normal.  Use the swimming perk to give off less pings in the water - only matters when you're going out there to be honest.  Don't wait to be the last person on the map to do this.  Put on a couple sense avoidance perks as well for the Jason who actually goes into the water but not all the way to the exit to use sense.  7 times out of 10 this spot works wonders.   

As Jason, on either of these two maps, I will now purposely check both of these spots when there's only one or two people left and haven't seen someone all match long. 

• Like 1

What you really need to do next time this happens is go to your mother's cabin and consult with her let her know your having a hard time finding your last kill and ask if she can give you a heads up on the situation. She's known for providing head so if it was a  dude may also be there to get lucky did you check mama's house?

11 hours ago, Ahab said:

Sense avoidance perks are no doubt what it must’ve been, but they are only useful if the Jason doesn’t know to spam sense. As long as Sense is spammed, the perks are worthless because they simply operate on chance. For no pings, an epic Lightfoot can be equipped on AJ which will delete all of her pings, but only on her (not even Tiff even though she is the same stat). Much like the No Fear Jenny anomaly. 

This leads to a bigger topic in that stats of 10 and also 1 operate differently than all points inbetween, and also work differently per counselor. A stat of 10 is closer to 11, and a stat of 1 is closer to 0 (+/- ratio is skewed). Also why Strength doesn’t really increase stun time for anyone except Buggzy (8.5s vs 5-7s variable duration for the rest). 

• Like 1

Even the camp in the southeast where Jason's shack sometimes is?

1409567.jpg

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:27 AM, badassgixxer05 said:

I spammed the hell out of sense on and off for this reason until I had morph again each time(Have a ton of practice because of that damn bot Tommy!). I dont know. maybe they just got lucky and were undetected each time. Or were moving in the right direction away from me just out of range. Bastard!

Perhaps they did just get lucky. I have had this happen a few times... and a few times I get lucky and find them. With random chance and even with a low chance, it can still happen several times in a row in their favor. Random number generators are funny that way.

@Tommy86 I did not know Epic Lightfoot would remove all of A.J.'s sound pings... I thought it would work the same as it does on others... between 15 & 20% only means it removes 1 or 2 sound pings out of ten.... Still good to know, thanks.
   I have found the no fear perk build works almost as well on counselors with high composure though, not just Jenny. I have tried it on almost every counselor, and on Mitch, A.J., Adam and Fox it still works pretty damned good. I never took a timer to see how long it takes to get to max fear or anything like that... but since using it on any of these counselors, I have noticed huge differences in less stumbling and stamina regeneration. Even on the composure: 6 counselors it takes a long time to get to max fear. It is my favorite build for these counselors... and I have tried many different perk builds.
   But as you stated, a score of 10 in a particular stat does seem to have more of a boost from a score of 9 than a difference of one with any number bellow ten.

I have had friends that use sense avoidance perks to great effect. Sometimes they get lucky... When I know they are using them (certain friends usually are using those), I will wait for a third try on sense before morphing away to look elsewhere... Many times I get lucky and find them, but there have been quite a few times I was not able to find them. A particularly troublesome Jenny player uses the stealth system very well... If she played A.J. with this build she would be able to move faster with no sound pings and give me a much harder time finding her... but she is a die hard Jenny player.
   I have seen many players trying to use sense avoidance perks, without a thought to sound pings. These types of players have a firm belief that sense avoidance perks do not work. But in chasing these players, I found them through their sound pings... and even with spamming sense to try and get a better target for a throwing knife, it seemed like they showed up on sense far less than they actually did glow bright red. The perks do work pretty well, but players that lack the knowledge of how stealth works AND lack the patience to use it properly... will still be found by any Jason player that knows how to follow a sound ping.

Looking at the packanack map again, I just realized I didnt go all the way up to the north boat exit. He could have been there maybe hiding out in the water. I checked the south lake all the way to the exit. The north one I just went along the coast from east to west.

2 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Looking at the packanack map again, I just realized I didnt go all the way up to the north boat exit. He could have been there maybe hiding out in the water. I checked the south lake all the way to the exit. The north one I just went along the coast from east to west.

Packanack isn't large enough for that to work, you can still sense someone out in the water from the land. 

The North boat exit is better to pull it off as there's little reason for a Jason to go to that shore.  South, if Jason is in Flat Rock, he can sense you at the exit.

After finding out that hiding in the water worked on Crystal Lake, I had to test out the other maps.  Crystal Lake is the only one where you can hide out in the water and not be sensed from land.