BFizzle

Friday The 13th: The Game Ultimate Slasher Collector's Edition

1 minute ago, Fair Play said:

What flavor?

You tell me, bro:

Looks cool. I might just be picking this up. You can never go wrong with a NECA mask and I only have the remake version. I also don’t mind throwing in some cash to keep the game going.

6 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

The backers can get those but Wes told people who were asking if they could buy these later down the road were told no. They couldn't release these to the public. So how come they can release these to the public and not the Art book and soundtrack then? 

Because a $100+ price tag would be even less sexy? :chadwut:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jasix said:

What Gun COULD do is offer a digital upgrade to a collector's edition which would include the poster etc, but they cannot outright just sell the poster. 

What Gun COULD do is get the game working and get the backers what they've been waiting on BEFORE they put together more shit to sell.

• Like 7

Lol this is hilarious. I didn't think these guys could take the piss even more but in the words of Ian Malcolm.. uhh well, there it is.

Although realising that it comes with a replica mask has me all DON'T TEMPT ME FRODO.. but ima be strong. It certainly is a very nice little edition but I'm not buying the game a third time when it has no future :(?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DrLeatherface said:

I'm not buying the game a third time when it has no future

This right here. It's nice packaging of a game that is going to more than likely die. I understand that they've been working on this edition for months/years, but at what point does it actually matter since there will be no future content? The game will get stale to people if it already hasn't. It's great to hear that bugs will be fixed, but fixing a bug isn't new content. You want to bring in  a new audience and keep a solid player base? Be openly honest with the people that support you, continually respond to questions, and don't shove repackaged products at the fans/the world for a game where it was stated that "We can’t keep building content that may never see the light of day. That’s bad business.”

• Thanks 2

I still see this as a sort of Cash Grab,Unless Savini Jason is included along with a bunch of in game stuff,such as exclusive clothing,Maybe a digital art book of what could've been in the game. all Pamela and Tommy tapes unlocked from the start along with Jasons and Counselors. to new players I would say get it. But I've played this game since Launch, Level 150,All tapes,Counselors and Jasons unlocked and still no promises of future Content. I still wouldn't recommend getting it. The mask alone is 30 bucks on Amazon even cheaper on Ebay. I guarantee people will sell that "exclusive" poster on Ebay as well. maybe the poster alone might come on Amazon in the later years. I don't see this as worth buying unless there is a Guarantee of new content. I'm sorry but this is a already dead game that for some reason is still 40$ if no New content is being added for digital I still say it should be lowered to 10$. Simply cause its dead and there really isn't anymore content to explore once you have All Tapes,Counselors,Jasons,Completed Virtual Cabin,Have all achievements, Completed every single player challenge AND have every DLC. I just don't see it worth value unless there is a 100% guarantee of something New that you will notice with the game. At least give experience players something to wanna buy this for.Something like Uber Jason. Knowing the Community who follows and backs this game they will take a broken Uber Jason over nothing.This is just my opinion since the game is dead and will no longer recieve future content, I think this is a little over priced.Also doesn't something like this COUNT as producing Content to your game which you've already announced wasn't getting future Content?

• Thanks 1

Huh, so I would love that poster! Would look REAL good in my living room, the mask will look better with some signatures on it. Damnit it, why must I be so weak when it comes to Friday the 13th? I love this franchise too much, and the game for all it's faults has brought me much enjoyment. And, gave me a platform to meet so many cool people. I mean I spent $265 on a ragged paperback copy of the original part one novel, so yeah. I'll get this too, though only to get my hands on that poster. I have plans to meet some of my friends I play this with in real life, how cool would it be to have them sign their gamertags on that poster?

• Like 1

It’s just a cash grab. The last chance to suck every bit of money out of a dying game. The mask sucks. Honestly. You can see the Neca mask online. It looks terrible. The quality is shit. The paint job is terrible. The poster will be useless. It’s going to be folded up inside this box. Ruining it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

But the artbook and soundtrack falls under merchandise and wes has stated they couldn't sell those to anyone outside of the Kickstarter because of the lawsuit. 

Again how can they sell this and not the artbook and soundtrack. Wes said because of the lawsuit they can't sell it. So how can they get away with this? If the lawsuit keeps them from selling merchandise then this shouldn't be sold at all because it's new merchandise made by them and that would go against the lawsuit 

Wasn't it the case that the artbook and soundtrack weren't going to be available outside of backing on Kickstarter or Backerkit from day one? That's how I remember it, but my brain doesn't work that good sometimes.

15 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

It’s just a cash grab. The last chance to suck every bit of money out of a dying game. The mask sucks. Honestly. You can see the Neca mask online. It looks terrible. The quality is shit. The paint job is terrible. The poster will be useless. It’s going to be folded up inside this box. Ruining it. 

Here in Brazil has a craftsman who produces much better quality Jason masks:

https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-718706183-jason-mascara-original-do-filme-_JM

?

20 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

I bought one off Amazon last week for $7 that looks better than the Neca mask. 

HAPPY RUSEV DAY!

• Like 1

I don't get it, I honestly don't. Isn't this technically new content being released? If they're not allowed to add a new rock or tree in the game how are they able to release a new disc physical copy? 

4 minutes ago, Brogan322 said:

I don't get it, I honestly don't. Isn't this technically new content being released? If they're not allowed to add a new rock or tree in the game how are they able to release a new disc physical copy? 

That is not Content added to the game.

1 hour ago, Redrum138 said:

Huh, so I would love that poster! Would look REAL good in my living room, the mask will look better with some signatures on it. Damnit it, why must I be so weak when it comes to Friday the 13th? I love this franchise too much, and the game for all it's faults has brought me much enjoyment. And, gave me a platform to meet so many cool people. I mean I spent $265 on a ragged paperback copy of the original part one novel, so yeah. I'll get this too, though only to get my hands on that poster. I have plans to meet some of my friends I play this with in real life, how cool would it be to have them sign their gamertags on that poster?

That would be pretty sweet, having your friends sign their gamer tags on their preferred Counselors. 

(I am jealous of your copy of the novel, I have looked high and low for the books, wish they would do a reprint of them)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ralph Voorhees said:

At this point the release might actually be a good thing for console players because if they use a newer build of the game for this disc then that means it should include content NOT found on the October 2017 disc release. Most notably, Offline Bots, Virtual Cabin 2.0 and Singleplayer Challenges plus a number of maps and counselors. Even with the post engine upgrade bugs it would be nice to have those modes available on a disc as a backup in case the game was ever delisted and unavailable to redownload.

If you were to ever lose access to your PSN/XBL account or the harddrive installation of the current build you would at least have a physical backup you could use that wasn't tied to any specific profile.

Unfortunately, it does appear that the DLC is likely to still require to be downloaded so you wouldn't have access to that if it were ever to be delisted.

Have you download an update for the game from these guys? You got a point if your correct but I would put money its just a repackaged disc version of the game that came out in Oct with codes to download content and update as soon as you pop in the disc. Its more than likely pre updated verison of the game on that disc. 

3 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

I bought one off Amazon last week for $7 that looks better than the Neca mask. 

Was it the "Unbranded Jason Mask" that resembles part 3? I just got one off Amazon in the mail yesterday, it looks better than expected, and for $7.48, it's freaking awesome!  https://www.amazon.com/Unbranded-43220-153357-Jason-Costume-Mask/dp/B01H1FPEJI/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1531848288&sr=8-6&keywords=jason+mask  <<<< This is the mask I purchased.

It may be a cash grab by the devs, but I'm still purchasing the collectors edition, if for nothing else, just because I want it.

This is the most mediocre ultimate edition set I’ve ever seen. That mask is trash. There was hardly any new content added to the game and all the new maps & counselors are free anyway with the regular version. It’s embarrassing for them to even release this.

Ofcourse its a cash grab.  Every single game (well atleast alot of them) does the same thing eventualy. Its a company , their aim is to make money. Period. I mean, whats the big deal / surprise here? If I were their CEO, I'd do the same thing.

I know things are fucked up, I'm pissed too about alot of things consurning the game and the lawsuit and other bullshit, so I understand the frustration... but thats the way the coockie crumbles. No one truely cares about your feelings. Its just business, deal with it.

• Like 1

I dont think mostly online games do collectors editions after release.

18 minutes ago, lasse_hei said:

No one truely cares about your feelings.

How DARE you!  This is the Internet, dammit!  The one place where feelings > facts, and I'll be damned if I allow you to ruin the reputation of THE Internet with logic.  

You sicken me.:sadchappa:

Edit: Because tone is so hard to convey, "/s"

6 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

I've looked at the books before , but couldn't pull the trigger on the price. They're still probably awesome though. And I want that poster too! Hoping the people that buy this sell theirs. Or wait for the ultimate slasher collector's edition price to well, uh, get slashed. 

• Haha 1