BFizzle

Friday The 13th: The Game Ultimate Slasher Collector's Edition

6 minutes ago, Jasix said:

Giving something away with the special collector's edition is not selling the poster. They are giving people the poster as part of the promotion of the collector's edition of the game. The poster has no cost; thus is not being sold. Even if a value is given to the poster; $9.99 for example, they still are not selling the poster because it's a promotional value. It is all legalese and a way to work around the whole "selling" of items. What Gun COULD do is offer a digital upgrade to a collector's edition which would include the poster etc, but they cannot outright just sell the poster. 

Your still paying for the poster. Anything in a edition adds to the pricing for the item. If they were free then they should be just giving them to people without having to buy the edition they are gonna sell to us.

• Like 1

nice to see some post getting responses again

I guess its not a horrible deal if the mask is 30 bucks, but still

12 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Your still paying for the poster. Anything in a edition adds to the pricing for the item. If they were free then they should be just giving them to people without having to buy the edition they are gonna sell to us.

This is easy to figure out. Game $40 + DLC $15 ≠ $70. Plus, as you said if it's in the pack it's being sold, so even if this was priced at $55 the poster and mask are still being sold as part of a bundle. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Brigadius said:

This is easy to figure out. Game $40 + DLC $15 ≠ $70. Plus, as you said if it's in the pack it's being sold, so even if this was priced at $55 the poster and mask are still being sold as part of a bundle. 

Yeah, your still buying the bundle, it's not free. If it was free it would be sent to us for free without charge 

1 hour ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Yes, sir. Nothing happened today with posts because it wasn't supposed to be announced today. We'll have a full post with all the information. 

As for Marketing sweating bullets, I mean, it's not how we planned to announce it. You know?

Honest question:

How many times does this have to happen (info being released by another source) before y'all decide MAYBE y'all should just tell us here first?  Like @Bropollocreed79 said, it really doesn't even bother me anymore I guess.  I'm used to it.  

But if it IS the intention to have this be the site to find info first, y'all need to reassess your strategies.

@The Milwauking Dead

I'm annoyed that the only way to get it is seemingly through Twitter.  

I don't do social media.  I come to this forum for the purpose of discussing and learning about this game.

Why should I have to join the latest attention-whore-hub to get the "full experience?"

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

11 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

The poster is not being sold. It is a matter of legalese. Common sense tells us we are paying for the poster and the mask, but legally speaking... they are being OFFERED as a part of the promotion of the collector's edition. You can repeat the same thing over and over, but that doesn't change the facts of the matter that LEGALLY they are not being sold; which is all that matters in regards to the current lawsuit. 

Like I said.. IF Gun wanted to allow current players to be able to "purchase" the mask and/or poster they COULD create an "upgrade" for current users that gives them all the DLC and as part of that promotion... gets them/you the mask and/or poster for free. 

I understand what you are saying; and yes common sense tells us that people are paying for the poster/mask/etc.. but the law doesn't conform to common sense a lot of the times and provides work arounds that sometimes benefits a consumer and/or a distrubutor. No one was lied to by Wes.. they cannot SELL the poster, but they can give it away as part of a promotion (He even said this in his post on Twitter). And financially speaking... why should they give it to anyone who isn't buying anything? That wouldn't make any sense at all since the poster was/is not free for them to produce/create. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Honest question:

How many times does this have to happen (info being released by another source) before y'all decide MAYBE y'all should just tell us here first?

We had every intention of announcing these on all of the platforms we use at the same time. Unfortunately, some of the details came out early. It happens, and it sucks, but that doesn’t mean that we scrap a plan we’ve been working on for months/years. A whole bunch of companies had stuff leak via Walmart Canada right before E3, this stuff happens all the time in the entertainment industry. 

Yes, it sucks for fans to read about things on a random site before the intended date. It really sucks for us having month’s worth of work hurt by an errant listing before it should be live. 

25 minutes ago, Jasix said:

the law doesn't conform to common sense a lot of the times and provides work arounds that sometimes benefits a consumer and/or a distrubutor

I'm glad someone gets it. I agree with every word you said and am happy you took the time to type it instead of me. Thank you.

39 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

It happens, and it sucks, but that doesn’t mean that we scrap a plan we’ve been working on for months/years.

Too bad you all didn’t take this attitude concerning the actual content of the game ?

“Development on games can’t just pause indefinitely and pick back up again; it doesn’t work that way. Especially when you have no idea when that future date will occur. We can’t keep building content that may never see the light of day. That’s bad business.” - Wes

Just now, !Viva Hate! said:

Too bad you all didn’t take this attitude concerning the actual content of the game ?

“Development on games can’t just pause indefinitely and pick back up again; it doesn’t work that way. Especially when you have no idea when that future date will occur. We can’t keep building content that may never see the light of day. That’s bad business.” - Wes

There’s a pretty big difference between the two. 

1 minute ago, ShiftySamurai said:

There’s a pretty big difference between the two. 

Not really. You guys released an unfinished, broken game you’ve spent the last year trying to fix. Yet you withheld releasing promised additional content to the game that people will now never get a chance to enjoy because “the music wasn’t finished and the kills needed polished and VO work and 3 weeks of QA testing and blah blah blah.” Nice to know you developed such high standards and a concept of “good business.”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

It looks like a great product for Friday's fans ! But all of them already bought the game 1 year ago. As fan of this game, it's too bad that the best edition of this game only comes out now but it's a beautiful object.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

Personally, I think releasing this version is a mistake and it will cause them to lose further money. The hardcore Jason fans have either bought multiple versions of the game and just feel burned by developers to the point they refuse to give Gun more money, or they have moved on to a different game. I get it, Gun is looking for a way to continue to make money from the game. Like many people have stated on here, lower the price on existing versions would of been the better strategy. It is what it is though.

I personally bought the game when it was on backernet for $30 (a few days before they raised the price). Then I spent $5.99 on Savini, and another $1.99 on the clothing. I didn't want to spend more than $40 on this game. 

I definitely won’t be buying this version. But trust me the Friday the 13th fan base is full of completist......

I personally own 2 bluray collections sets and the dvd collection set...And digital copies of them 

wow sounds crazy as I type it out huh?

the digital and physical copies of the game.....

numerous comics and novels....

posters and ......lol VHS copies also

I just can’t seem to get enough.....

I am pretty sure they are going to sell quite a few of these there will be fans that will purchase this for display purposes.... not even for the game.... I know I have seen some sick F13 collections that trump anything I have and this seems like another item that will fit that bill.

12 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I think your chasing a car that is either long gone or a figment of your imagination at this point....

I mean I did get hit by a car. Hench the name Ghostboy

2 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I mean I did get hit by a car. Hench the name Ghostboy

You still haven’t learned, but maybe you’ll catch one, one day. Lol

?, I have no more likes to give.

1 hour ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We had every intention of announcing these on all of the platforms we use at the same time. Unfortunately, some of the details came out early. It happens, and it sucks, but that doesn’t mean that we scrap a plan we’ve been working on for months/years. A whole bunch of companies had stuff leak via Walmart Canada right before E3, this stuff happens all the time in the entertainment industry. 

Yes, it sucks for fans to read about things on a random site before the intended date. It really sucks for us having month’s worth of work hurt by an errant listing before it should be live. 

Fair enough.  Please understand I'm not intentionally being obnoxious, but I feel that a lot of us here are less annoyed by things that are out of your control (lawsuit, glitches, etc) than we are a lack of communication.

You have been fair and usually pretty much on the spot, and I appreciate that.  

It just seems that we're constantly chasing information on this site, and I just think of how cool it would be if this site felt more exclusive and groundbreaking.  Again, I hate social media.  I guess that's a "me problem," though

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Fair enough.  Please understand I'm not intentionally being obnoxious, but I feel that a lot of us here are less annoyed by things that are out of your control (lawsuit, glitches, etc) than we are a lack of communication.

You have been fair and usually pretty much on the spot, and I appreciate that.  

It just seems that we're constantly chasing information on this site, and I just think of how cool it would be if this site felt more exclusive and groundbreaking.  Again, I hate social media.  I guess that's a "me problem," though

This is the extent of the social media that I participate in and I agree with the sentiment of the above statement. I come here to get the news for my favourite game, and enjoy the company (a few exceptions of course). I honestly think that, if things changed for the better in the communication department, people who have left would find a reason to post again, and the general attitude would change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

I don't think Randy will ever be on the forums again. Last logged in back in February. I doubt he lurks. Can't remember if he stopped streaming around that time or a little before. I can't remember if he streamed when the Roy/Pinehurst update came out.

Either way, he seems far removed from the game now. Not saying your wrong btw, just saying he seems done. He offered up a few weeks worth of excuses as to why he stopped streaming, then probably realized he didn't need to anymore.

Yeah he has been gone along time. He kept getting sick for while there. All of my emails are from when he was here and some even when it was only him here. The good old Kickstarter days. 

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

This is the extent of the social media that I participate in and I agree with the sentiment of the above statement. I come here to get the news for my favourite game, and enjoy the company (a few exceptions of course). I honestly think that, if things changed for the better in the communication department, people who have left would find a reason to post again, and the general attitude would change.

Great post !!

I agree 100% this is the official forums it’s where we should be getting the latest and you would think ? the first or at least one of the first places info on the game should be posted.

facebook, Twitter, forums not in that order...

1 minute ago, camp_voorhees said:

if this edition can help save the game and keep the servers online for another few years i welcome it.

Well, since we're wishing for improbable things, I want Baker Mayfield to lead the Cleveland Browns to a 16-0 season and a win in the Superbowl next February. 

Oh, and I want the ice cream shitting unicorn from the Squatty Potty commercial to live in my house.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Well, since we're wishing for improbable things, I want Baker Mayfield to lead the Cleveland Browns to a 16-0 season and a win in the Superbowl next February. 

Oh, and I want the ice cream shitting unicorn from the Squatty Potty commercial to live in my house.

I liked this post for the first part, I'll pass on the second.  

And I hate Tyrod Taylor and his propensity to completely ignore WRs.  Poor Josh Gordon and Jarvis Landry. 

2 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

What flavor?

10 minutes ago, camp_voorhees said:

if this edition can help save the game and keep the servers online for another few years i welcome it.

I don't know about years, but if it can keep the game going a while longer, than it's all good.